PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake!

Shelly
04-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Pffft...that size happens daily in CA. My most memorable was the Whittier quake in the late 80s. Thankfully, I wasn't in San Francisco during the Loma Prieta quake and thankfully I was during the Northridge quake.

Earthquake Shakes Parts of South Texas

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=0f9e1f38-4dd9-4f9b-b674-49bf7c0eaa66&rss=68
Last Update: 11:28 am
Print Story | Email Story

The quake was detected about 6 miles southwest of the Karnes County town of Falls City, in an area near the line with Wilson County. (News 4)

FALLS CITY, Texas (AP) -- No injuries have been reported after a pre-dawn earthquake today shook parts of South Texas, about 45 miles southeast of San Antonio.

The U.S. Geological Survey says the 3.7 magnitude quake happened at 4:51 a.m. (central time).

The quake was detected about six miles southwest of the Karnes County town of Falls City, in an area near the line with Wilson County.

The U.S. Geological survey reports the epicenter was at a depth of about 3.1 miles.

Law enforcement authorities say some residents of Wilson county reported feeling the quake.

The agency says a magnitude 4.0 earthquake typically can be felt as far as 60 miles from where it happened.

Texas occasionally has earthquakes.

A minor earthquake was felt by some people in Amarillo on March 30, 2002.

Records show the Amarillo area recorded seven minor earthquakes in 2000.

------

MoSpur
04-07-2008, 12:38 PM
I thought it was a joke when I heard about this on the radio driving into work this morning. Crazy.

Los Spurs
04-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Global Warming at it's best!

clambake
04-07-2008, 05:21 PM
should have happened in the summer, then you guys could call it "shake n' bake".