PDA

View Full Version : 6k Posts; Dedication Thread

Brutalis
04-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Well I have slowly reached six thousand times I have clicked submit here on SpursTalk. 6k goes to in no order...

Kori/LJ for providing these forums. They pay for the stuff and we use and abuse without rhyme or reason and they will never get the credit they deserve for doing this jig single handedly. (With help of Slomo etc etc of course)

Piston fans for annoying the got dam shat out of me for a solid year. Most of you migrated over to your forum, some left completely. But I'm sorry for harassing and beating the shit out of every one I could find mindlessly posting in Spurs topics for no good reason. (Still.) But it's all good and I would miss them if they left now, somehow they are apart of ST life.

Sequ for cussing in his thread titles

Ed HC Jones for giving me that autographed Iceman basketball

duncan228 for mailing me a pair of 1999 Tim Duncan game used Fruit of the Loom underwear. dun dun ching..

mouse for making ugly graphics (don't bite on this one, be patient)

ST Regs that have been around here for the last three years, not jumping off this Spurs ride

Bangwagons for making my inner Spur that much brighter and sacred by jumping on and off, and on again, giving us all something to laugh at

Dallas fans for being our doorstep for so many years, being little brother, being just good enough to wonder yet bad enough to add disappointment each year to your franchise and humor for me

LA Lakers for having such a big ego and their fans, and knowing inside you guys have had to swallow our accomplishments in stride but yet stay in check never to admit we did everything you said we never would

And finally to my FOUR time NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs for having another good year, giving us all the reason to cheer and flip out after every loss. For being such great leaders and role models for success in a franchise.

It is playoff time. I can smell summer when I step outside, the heat is coming. Things are blooming and my place in this world is turning green. And it's the same every year, it means playoff time is at the next stop light. I'm taking this moment, and today personally to reflect and admire all we have done to this point, and still being the Champs. We as die hard fans often under appreciate what has happened before our own eyes and what it has done to our hearts for the rest of our lives. Being a fan is about never giving up when it matters the most, just sticking the worst of the worst out, and riding the ride till it completely stops. And even then, not getting off.

I honestly can feel the hair on my arms and neck rise thinking about these playoffs and what it means to the franchise and the fans. It is the most important title we have ever gone after, to both. Being crowned this year would be such sweetness for me, I would accept a deal for the 08 title and us just suck for the next 5 years. That is how important this one is. But even if we fall short, I'll be here. Whining and bitching on SpursTalk with the best of them, talking about why Scola is a Rocket and when is Ian going to get into our rotation already.

Here's to my favorite team in all of sports, as well as favorite hobby and addiction.

GO SPURS GO!

remingtonbo2001
04-08-2008, 11:22 AM
+1

SAtown
04-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Well freakin said

duncan228
04-08-2008, 11:36 AM
duncan228 for mailing me a pair of 1999 Tim Duncan game used Fruit of the Loom underwear. dun dun ching..

:lmao

Wonderful post Brutalis. ST is a great place, the regulars feel like family. The team bonds us, but it's the people that make it what it is.

Thanks for making me smile and tear up at the same time.
To 6,000 more. :toast

sa_butta
04-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Amen, and congrats. Now Lets get it on!!!!

:clap :clap :clap :flag: :flag: :flag:

J.T.
04-08-2008, 12:34 PM
I can has 6,000 poster?

smeagol
04-08-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm close to my 9,000 post.

Time flies when you are an STer . . .

Cry Havoc
04-08-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm closing in on 4k.... never thought I'd say that about ANY message board. It's a testament to what a truly special place this is.

johngateswhiteley
04-08-2008, 01:47 PM
:lmao

Wonderful post Brutalis. ST is a great place, the regulars feel like family. The team bonds us, but it's the people that make it what it is.

Thanks for making me smile and tear up at the same time.
To 6,000 more. :toast

brutalis has never had a wonderful post.

polandprzem
04-08-2008, 02:01 PM
6000 that's a lot

Solid D
04-08-2008, 02:08 PM
6k Posts; Dedication Thread
Well I have slowly reached six thousand times I have clicked submit here on SpursTalk...

http://www.fullsportpress.com/backpatternew.gif

:smokin

remingtonbo2001
04-08-2008, 02:37 PM
I always thought it was about the number of Spurs underneath the post count.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Props to Brutalis.

WildcardManu
04-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Here's to my favorite team in all of sports, as well as favorite hobby and addiction.

GO SPURS GO!

Amen to that.

DarrinS
04-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Congrats on your total lack of office productivity. :fro

Pistons < Spurs
04-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Piston fans for annoying the got dam shat out of me for a solid year. Most of you migrated over to your forum, some left completely. But I'm sorry for harassing and beating the shit out of every one I could find mindlessly posting in Spurs topics for no good reason. (Still.) But it's all good and I would miss them if they left now, somehow they are apart of ST life.

:toast

ShoogarBear
04-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Only 6000 posts and already two people have given him stuff?

Ten of you guys owe me something.

lefty
04-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Wow

6000 posts !!!

Congrats Brutalis :clap :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant

Sense
04-08-2008, 10:37 PM

lmao going with Solid D on this one... lol I never get tired of seeing that GIF.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-08-2008, 10:47 PM
:toast

I'm heading for 10K, and I'm going to try and synchronise it with moving to SA... ;)

Jimcs50
04-08-2008, 11:29 PM
:jack

marini martini
04-08-2008, 11:44 PM
I can has 6,000 poster?

Good for you, J.T. :lol :lol :lol

Congrats. Brutalis :toast

sprrs
04-09-2008, 03:01 AM

:lol Congrats, man. Hope to reach that number myself one day.

manufor3
04-09-2008, 06:53 AM
nice post