PDA

View Full Version : Looks like it'll be

T Park
04-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Spurs vs Mavericks first round.

Dallas is about 3 games up on the 8th spot, about 2 or 3 games behind Houston for the 6th spot.

Unless the Spurs fall to 3 (wich could happen)
Its gonna be Spurs Mavericks...

Not the best opponent to approach in the first round...

jman3000
04-08-2008, 02:19 PM
fuck it all... even though i'd prefer an easier route to the finals... i'm all for facing the toughest they can throw at us.

if we defeat dallas in the first round? sweet. we get to watch their fans cliff jump and perhaps even see the dismantling of their team...

if they beat us? fucking sucks... but the spurs have won 4 championships within the last decade and have given me plenty to be proud of.... sure ill be bloody pissed... but as long as #21 is wearing silver and black, i have no doub that we would be back next year making a title run.

i like the matchups with this new dallas team... and i'd say we'd win it in 6

polandprzem
04-08-2008, 02:30 PM
7th or 8th thread about it?

Rummpd
04-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Spurs will take Mavs as they have no answer for Parker, let alone Ginobili or Duncan.

Dex
04-08-2008, 02:39 PM
There is no easy road to the Championship this year.

I say bring 'em on. The Warriors denied our chance for revenge last year.

1Parker1
04-08-2008, 02:41 PM
I'd rather the Spurs got 3rd seed and Houston :)

stretch
04-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Spurs will take Mavs as they have no answer for Parker, let alone Ginobili or Duncan.
Mavs will take Spurs as they have no answer for Terry, let alone Howard or Dirk.

smeagol
04-08-2008, 02:42 PM
The three teams I dispise the most, Dallas, Suns and Lakers, will all fall to the mighty, mighty Spurs

dmac
04-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Mavs will take Spurs as they have no answer for Terry, let alone Howard or Dirk.
Bruce Bowen is the answer.

cornbread
04-08-2008, 02:53 PM
There is no easy road to the Championship this year.

Exactly. Spurs need to get some revenge for 06 anyways. It could also turn into another classic series.

ATXSPUR
04-08-2008, 02:55 PM
We have never had any threads about this before....

ATXSPUR
04-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Exactly. Spurs need to get some revenge for 06 anyways. It could also turn into another classic series.

To hell with a classic series in the first round...get out of there as quick as you can. The playoffs are a stamina race.

Shaolin-Style
04-08-2008, 02:56 PM
So long as Dirk doesn't get the million freethrows he usually seems to average against us I'm pretty positive with the lack of Devin Harris we'll fair pretty well against them this time around.

cornbread
04-08-2008, 02:57 PM
To hell with a classic series in the first round...get out of there as quick as you can. The playoffs are a stamina race.
A classic sweep instead.

T Park
04-08-2008, 02:58 PM

Yeah Parker can't guard Terry and Bowen can't guard Howard.

Genius.

T Park
04-08-2008, 02:58 PM
So long as Dirk doesn't get the million freethrows he usually seems to average against us I'm pretty positive with the lack of Devin Harris we'll fair pretty well against them this time around.

He will get em.

No doubt about it.

DAF86
04-08-2008, 03:22 PM
I'd rather the Spurs got 3rd seed and Houston :)

If we get the 3rd seed we'll play the Suns not Houston and then the Lakers with HCdisadvantage. I say let's try to finish as high as we can.

Tike Mailer
04-08-2008, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=T Park]Spurs vs Mavericks first round.

[QUOTE]

We ready.

honestfool84
04-08-2008, 03:28 PM
dirk will choke,
the refs will suck his dick,
duncan will step up,
and then the mav fans here can :stfu

DarrinS
04-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Mavs? Rockets?

What's the difference?

Mavs will be an easier out, now that they got rid of their speedy PG and their quality big man. Duncan will OWN Damp and a Jason Kidd-led team has never beat the Spurs.

FromWayDowntown
04-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Even with 9 days left in the season, I'm not sure I'd be saying that much "looks like it'll be" anything in the West.

stretch
04-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Yeah Parker can't guard Terry and Bowen can't guard Howard.

Genius.
Not from what I've seen. Howard always seems to give Bowen a hard time. and Parker can't defend for shit.

Fat fuck.

T Park
04-08-2008, 03:46 PM
and Parker can't defend for shit.

:lol

great thinking :tu

SenorSpur
04-08-2008, 03:47 PM
I agree with Pop's earlier comments. For his year's playoffs, the seeding will not matter as much. All playoff matchups will be tough.

tlongII
04-08-2008, 03:47 PM
The Mavs would win in 6.

Budkin
04-08-2008, 03:48 PM
The Mavs can't beat the Spurs in a 7 game series in their current state. No one to contain Parker or Duncan = Spurs win.

T Park
04-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Even with 9 days left in the season, I'm not sure I'd be saying that much "looks like it'll be" anything in the West.

Eh, the games are running out, I think its gonna be Spurs Mavs, Spurs with the 2nd seed.

stretch
04-08-2008, 03:53 PM
:lol

great thinking :tu
about the only thinking you do is what is the fastest way to scarf down a 20 inch supreme pizza while watching Tony Parker and his very average defense that gets major help from having Tim Duncan down low.

DazedAndConfused
04-08-2008, 03:54 PM
LMAO at the OP. There are still a ton of games left you idiot. The Spurs could drop to #3 and end up playing the Suns in the 1st round.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-08-2008, 04:02 PM
The Spurs will win against the Mavs in spite of Dirk's 24ppg average (from the free throw line).

honestfool84
04-08-2008, 04:06 PM
The Mavs can't beat the Spurs in a 7 game series in their current state. No one to contain Parker or Duncan = Spurs win.

not to mention manu freaking ginoooooooobili.

T Park
04-08-2008, 04:15 PM
about the only thinking you do is what is the fastest way to scarf down a 20 inch supreme pizza while watching Tony Parker and his very average defense that gets major help from having Tim Duncan down low.

Typical insults and childishness from a Mavericks fan.

Herschel Walker
04-08-2008, 04:16 PM
we watch sports for entertainment, and there really couldnt be much more entertainment value than this year's playoffs. Good or bad outcome, it'll be fun to watch.

T Park
04-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Agreed, the playoffs on both sides (sans for the Cleveland Washington matchup) IS gonna be fantastic to watch.

Hell I think the Hawks will give the Celtics trouble due to their matchups and how well they play when they have a "what the hell" attitude.

to21
04-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Typical insults and childishness from a Mavericks fan.At the very least a ban is in order. Only Spurs fans should be able to poke fun a TPark.

Richard Cranium
04-08-2008, 04:21 PM
The Mav's are not the same threat as they were last year. Won't be easy but I'm not as worried as I was last year. Pop will have them ready and the rest is up to the players to get the job done.

honestfool84
04-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Agreed, the playoffs on both sides (sans for the Cleveland Washington matchup) IS gonna be fantastic to watch.

Hell I think the Hawks will give the Celtics trouble due to their matchups and how well they play when they have a "what the hell" attitude.

sans cleveland/washington?

i honestly think that that is gonna be an awesome matchup, especially with the return of agent zero, and jamison's imminent return..

FromWayDowntown
04-08-2008, 04:23 PM
LMAO at the OP. There are still a ton of games left you idiot. The Spurs could drop to #3 and end up playing the Suns in the 1st round.

The Spurs could, conceivably fall as far as #5 or even #6. It's extremely unlikely, but it could happen, particularly if the Spurs lose to Phoenix and to LA this week.

Even assuming no complete collapses, it's about as likely the Spurs will end up #3 and not #2. The Sunday game in LA will be a bitch, obviously, and the winner of that game will hold the tiebreaker in the season series, making the winner the most likely team to end up #2 (again, assuming all other things remain equal).

If it was my money, I'd be thinking it's much more likely that the Spurs end up #3 than #2.

Dallas, meanwhile, seems cemented into the #7 spot.

to21
04-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Even if you say Mavs suck, Spurs suck.......

It'll be a great series. Both teams bring out the competitiveness of each other.

NASHville
04-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Look for the Spurs to drop a game soon.

Newton
04-08-2008, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=T Park]Spurs vs Mavericks first round.

[QUOTE]

We ready.

We (meaning you) can't complete a grammatically correct sentence. We also fucked up the simple vB code, and we have an extremely creepy sig picture.

Bruno
04-08-2008, 04:56 PM
The second seed for Spurs is far from being a sure thing :
- Lakers, Jazz, Rockets and Suns are really close to Spurs.
- Spurs schedule is quite hard. Spurs will still play Lakers, Jazz and Suns.
- spurs have only secured the tie-breaker over Rockets. Tie-breakers over Suns and Lakers will go to the winner of the last game. Jazz have the tie-breaker over Spurs.

By looking at the standings, Spurs will likely face Jazz, Rockets, Suns or Mavs in the first round. Picking a most likely team among these 4 teams is quite difficult.

sprrs
04-08-2008, 04:57 PM
What strikes me as funny is that I can remember a lot of Mavs fans saying that the JKidd trade was a good one because even though it weakens their matchup with the Spurs, there is only a 1/7 chance of seeing them in the playoffs (mathematically). They had other teams to worry about. Now it looks like a first round matchup is very possible.

lonestr
04-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I see plenty of Suns and Mavs fans commenting how they will beat the Spurs. Then why is it that if you go to their forums there's a butt-load of "Fire Avery", "Fire D"Antonio" threads; not to mention all the angst towards their own starters. None of you Suns and Mavs fans know what it is to experience a Championship in your city let alone four. We know this team better than you and for some reason, you feel this will be your year.

Sorry, the trades you've made has hurt you far more than you realize. This is not your year. You will not go the to Finals, and look to have your team broken up during the summer and begin rebuilding for the next three to four years. It doesn't matter what you say or do because the road to the Finals still goes through San Antonio. Can you say that?... hell no!

DDS4
04-08-2008, 05:06 PM
There are no easy 1st rounders this year.

The tougher the test early, the better.

td4mvp21
04-08-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm just going to quit worrying about first round matchups...if the Spurs are championship material this year it won't matter who they face or how they get to the Finals. If they can't beat the Mavs in the first round, then we don't deserve to win the championship.

2centsworth
04-08-2008, 05:31 PM
what's the point in being named NBA Champs if you can't beat everyone?

All this scared talk of Dallas makes me want to vomit. The 4 times champs should easily handle that chump team. Mavs better pray for a Manu blunder and Beveta give aways.

SAtown
04-08-2008, 05:37 PM
The Spurs could drop to #3 and end up playing the Suns in the 1st round.

Which is what Lakerfan is praying for, right?

SAtown
04-08-2008, 05:38 PM
There are no easy 1st rounders this year.

The tougher the test early, the better.

That's why 2005 was my favorite championship run.

boutons_
04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
take 2 @ATT

split @DAL

close out in Game5, 4-1

next

debo
04-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Good or bad outcome, it'll be fun to watch.

are you sure you're not a suns fan

Jack Sommersset
04-08-2008, 05:54 PM
I hate to say this but for the people here that say Parker can not be controlled are sadly mistaken. Parker is not over-rated nor is he under-rated. He is an average guard in this league. He is very fortunate to play with Timmay. I think he averages 4 or 5 assist a game. Thats average maybe even below for a point guard. He can hit the hole pretty good but he is not the best shooter. Don't even want to talk about his 3 point %. Duncan allows alot of open shots for the frenchman and for the rest of the team. Not the best defensive player either.

I think he won a MVP for a championship. Who cares. They played the Nets twice and the Lebrons once. Worst teams to make a final. East is weak! For the Texas fans you might remember Larry Brown. He and Parker have something in common.

DazedAndConfused
04-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Which is what Lakerfan is praying for, right?

Who wouldn't? Let the two of the best teams in the WC beat each other up in the 1st round is fine with me. Honestly only the Suns and Spurs strike me as teams I wouldn't want to see in the 1st round with Bynum getting back into shape.

LakeShow
04-08-2008, 06:08 PM
The only team I would not like to face in the first round is the Spurs. Only because I would like to see Bynum get some PT before they meet. He will be needed against them, imo. I could care less about any other team that the Lakers would have to face, phoenix included! Bring it!

cash459
04-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Look for the Spurs to drop a game soon.

kinda like the suns just did on national tv, at home, right?? :depressed :dramaquee

slayermin
04-08-2008, 06:43 PM
He is an average guard in this league.

WTF? He scores more points in the paint than most front court players. That isn't something an average guard does in the NBA.

Jack Sommersset
04-08-2008, 07:28 PM
WTF? He scores more points in the paint than most front court players. That isn't something an average guard does in the NBA.

He can score more in the paint then other PG's. Thats it. He is a poor shooter, poor defender and poor passer(for a pg). Add it all together and it ='s average!

Go SPurs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BiZNicK
04-08-2008, 08:05 PM
The way its looknig right now...probably the best matchups you could get in the first round

Spurs vs Mavericks........rivarly

Suns VS Lakers........... this could be the 3rd consecutive time they faced each other in the first round

Jazz vs Rockets ........ rematch of last year's 7 game series

Hornets vs Nuggets........ nothing special, but will be a good matchup

Tike Mailer
04-08-2008, 08:13 PM
We (meaning you) can't complete a grammatically correct sentence. We also fucked up the simple vB code, and we have an extremely creepy sig picture.

Whatever, brah. You have to be all picky up in here. I sense fear in Spur fan over a series with my boyz.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-08-2008, 08:29 PM
It'll be tough, because no matter who they put on the court the Mavs play us hard, but I trust in our guys to get it done.

If Harris and Diop were there it'd be much tougher... :lmao@Cuban

spursfan09
04-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Not from what I've seen. Howard always seems to give Bowen a hard time. and Parker can't defend for shit.

Fat fuck.

Parker defense hasn't been great this year. But have you even seen him play other years? He is a good defender.

spursfan09
04-08-2008, 08:58 PM
anyways I can't wait. If this is the seriers Spurs have to play in I get to watch the first game at the ATT CEnter! CAn not freaken wait!

ATXSPUR
04-08-2008, 09:53 PM
I hate to say this but for the people here that say Parker can not be controlled are sadly mistaken. Parker is not over-rated nor is he under-rated. He is an average guard in this league. He is very fortunate to play with Timmay. I think he averages 4 or 5 assist a game. Thats average maybe even below for a point guard. He can hit the hole pretty good but he is not the best shooter. Don't even want to talk about his 3 point %. Duncan allows alot of open shots for the frenchman and for the rest of the team. Not the best defensive player either.

I think he won a MVP for a championship. Who cares. They played the Nets twice and the Lebrons once. Worst teams to make a final. East is weak! For the Texas fans you might remember Larry Brown. He and Parker have something in common.

You are a moron methinks.

makedamnsure
04-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Oh I can't wait for this. Living in Dallas, this is what my summers are all about now.