PDA

View Full Version : Malik, as the worst Spur I've ever seen.

Sense
01-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Doesn't it seem that this game (Spurs VS Rockets) Proves my point?

I've always said it, but he's committing turnovers, not making shots, making stupid shots, forgetting to cover wide open people.

This guy, is overall probably the worst player in the NBA....in my book.

He has done nothing to help the spurs this season, and I even think he should be traded.

I wish that he would've been traded last year for Tim Thomas atleast.

Malik is just very bad, and you have to admit it.

Kori Ellis
01-15-2005, 11:02 PM
:rolleyes

NonSENSE.

SequSpur
01-15-2005, 11:04 PM
The Spurs looked like a lottery team tonight. Not just malik.

1Parker1
01-15-2005, 11:21 PM

NonSENSE.

LOL, Kori. Malik did suck tonight, but so did everyone else.

Kori Ellis
01-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Malik played 7 minutes. This isn't a night to waste keystrokes on Malik. There's plenty of other guys to talk bad about.

T Park
01-15-2005, 11:34 PM
lol.

Wow, a new low.

IMO, the whole team sucked ass.

Top to bottom. But someone always has to single out a certain player.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Top to bottom. But someone always has to single out a certain player.

The team, but not the coach, right?

SequSpur
01-15-2005, 11:37 PM
The Spurs are getting ready to bowl. I know the feeling.

ShoogarBear
01-15-2005, 11:38 PM
The Spurs are getting ready to bowl. I know the feeling.

:lmao

T Park
01-15-2005, 11:40 PM
The team, but not the coach, right?

Team had zippity do da to do with it.

When the team overcomes Pop?

30-0

When Pop coaches 0-9

Right Aggie?

SequSpur
01-15-2005, 11:44 PM
Tim Duncan’s BOWLING FOR DOLLAR Charity Bowl-A-Thon Event Participation Information

Help Tim “strike out” breast and prostate cancer on
January 16, 2005.

Corporate and individual team participations are available starting at $1,250 for a team of 4 bowlers. Packages are available for 4 or 8 bowlers. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to visit with the 2-time NBA MVP while supporting this worthwhile cause.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Now you've got it Tpark :roll

Geezus, are you capable of talking basketball, or just rambling on continuously trivializing legitimate basketball takes with your homer excuses?

T Park
01-15-2005, 11:50 PM
Are you capable of giving a loss to the players instead of every loss being on Pop??

ChumpDumper
01-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Far from the worst ever, Malik was a mixed bag of nice hustle and stupid mistakes. I think his leaving Jon Barry wide open on his three guaranteed at least one more Massenburg rotation.

It's getting closer to play him or trade him time.

atlfan25
01-16-2005, 12:05 AM
I guess nothing lies on Beno for that barry three. its all malik

ChumpDumper
01-16-2005, 12:07 AM
As far as losing time to Massenburg goes, yes.

Sense
01-16-2005, 12:34 AM
Getting back to the topic, Malik has struggled for almost every game this season, I was so happy whenever he never stepped on the floor, we actually won those games, when he stays on the floor too long, we lose.

He just does terrible, and as a personal Malik hater, I notice it ALOT.

Probably you don't....but I know for a fact Malik Rose never has a good game.

samikeyp
01-16-2005, 12:36 AM

depends on your definition of a good game. since there is not one set definition of a good game...that is your opinion, and therefore not fact.

Sense
01-16-2005, 12:39 AM
depends on your definition of a good game. since there is not one set definition of a good game...that is your opinion, and therefore not fact.

He gets critical minutes in a game, and all he does is screw it up.
IF he has a good game, it's never in a close game, it's always on a game that can spare minutes, or just a plain easy game.

That's why malik should never touch the floor on a playoff game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Tpark's amazing inferiority complex on behalf of Pop notwithstanding, I dunno why this thread is really around, as far as Malik goes.

I don't think he was really in there long enough to say how he played one way or another. I guess you could say it was a bad game because he didn't do anything to energize the team, and that's largely his role, but others played (and coached) worse tonight.

Tpark, there's been times where I've hung it on the players, and I'm more than happy to do so.

I guess I just feel that I have to speak out on dumb coaching (like giving it to Duncan every damn time when he's 6 for 18 and it's obvious he's hurt or sick or something), especially when people like you come on here and constantly hang all the blame on the players, like tonight when you placed the blame for this loss on Devin Brown for going one for an insignificant four.

Someone's gotta balance things out, ya know?

samikeyp
01-16-2005, 12:41 AM
fair point Sense, and I respect your opinion but what you think is not a good game, someone else may think differently. Neither is wrong or right because they are both opinions and by being such, they cannot be fact.

samikeyp
01-16-2005, 12:42 AM
this was definetly a team fuck up, and that includes Pop.

Sense
01-16-2005, 12:51 AM
Tpark's amazing inferiority complex on behalf of Pop notwithstanding, I dunno why this thread is really around, as far as Malik goes.

I don't think he was really in there long enough to say how he played one way or another. I guess you could say it was a bad game because he didn't do anything to energize the team, and that's largely his role, but others played (and coached) worse tonight.

I'm not talking about this game specifically....

I'm talking generally, Malik is just not doing his role...and even if he had a few minutes, he didn't make anything of it, and shouldn't have even been on the floor at all.

And what's this you guys are talking about blaming Pop?

Have you forgotten that Pop has lead us to many good seasons?

C'mon now, what's going on with blaming pop. The only thing I disagree with Pop is the fact that he lowered Tim's minutes and that he actually is putting Malik Rose in.

samikeyp
01-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Malik, as the worst Spur I've ever seen.

You never saw Alfredrick Hughes. :lol

Sense
01-16-2005, 12:55 AM
You never saw Alfredrick Hughes. :lol

I guess not....

:spin
:elephant
:fro

GoSpurs21
01-16-2005, 01:53 AM
The Spurs looked like a lottery team tonight. Not just malik.Especially TIM Fuckin DUNCAN. David Robinson would have took over this game. Where the fuck is our $14M man? Duncan should not even be considered for MVP after this shitty performance.

I didnt see Pop getting punked by Yao and J Howard.

What is a two time MVP and invisable agains the Rockets in the 4th quarter...Tim Duncan

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-16-2005, 02:57 AM
Here's a question GoSpurs.

Tim Duncan was 6-18, had shown no balls to go up against Yao and Howard tonight (whether he's injured or just pussin' is for another thread), doesn't Pop deserve some blame for not recognizing that and looking elsewhere?

I mean last week we were the deepest team in the league, now we have to force feed it to Duncan on a 6 of 18 shooting night against a lotto team?

Gimme a break.

Useruser666
01-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Especially TIM Fuckin DUNCAN. David Robinson would have took over this game. Where the fuck is our $14M man? Duncan should not even be considered for MVP after this shitty performance.

I didnt see Pop getting punked by Yao and J Howard.

What is a two time MVP and invisable agains the Rockets in the 4th quarter...Tim Duncan

Yeah Duncan was really punked by Yao Ming and Juwan Howard! What total and udder BULLSHIT! What game were you watching?

Yao had 13 points and 8 rebounds.
Howard had 6 points and 4 rebounds.

Tim Duncan 18 points and 12 rebounds.

Tim Duncan matched both Yao and Howard combined. So what the hell are you talking about? Explain please.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2005, 01:38 PM
Deke and double teams hurt Tim more than anything.

GoSpurs21
01-16-2005, 01:39 PM
they held him to 7-19 shooting. they made him look slow. why didnt Duncan adjust to the defense being played on him by making quicker desicions and get his team mates easier inside baskets. Instead Tim was content to simply hold the ball wasting seconds, to me this played right into what the rockets wanted him to do. It sounds to me like the rockets dictated exactly what they wanted Duncan to do.

If you are only going by the stats, then you're right the battle is even. If you are going by whos will was imposed on who, then Tim was owned last night.

Here's a question GoSpurs.

Tim Duncan was 6-18, had shown no balls to go up against Yao and Howard tonight (whether he's injured or just pussin' is for another thread), doesn't Pop deserve some blame for not recognizing that and looking elsewhere?

I mean last week we were the deepest team in the league, now we have to force feed it to Duncan on a 6 of 18 shooting night against a lotto team?

Gimme a break.Pop does desevre some blame for being stuborn as usual and not dictating to the rockets what the Spurs wanted to do. I guess that's hard to do when your players aren't executing on the court. But last time I check Pop does not shoot the ball or hold it wasting time.

Tony looked like the only one willing to take the ball to the rack (Manu got hurt but he was also willing to take it to the rack). Tim tried to take it inside but more times than not he held the ball for way too long wasting seconds before making (usually) bad desicions. The refs didnt help, but I cannot say this is the reason we lost.

I have a question: In a year where Duncan is getting the best rest of his career (minute wise) can anyone remember when Duncan took a struggling Spurs team on his back and carried the Spurs to a win this year?
I have been trying to remember a game this year. How is that possible?

Can you say focus, focus, focus...and it starts and ends with our superstar Duncan. Anyone else notice that for the most part if Duncan loses focus so do most of the team. It's like the free throws or jump shots...if one person misses then the rest of the team struggles. It's Duncan's job to stop the downward spiral not contribute to it.

"If we were that good," Popovich said, "we wouldn't lose a 19-point lead in turnovers in Toronto in the fourth quarter. Or a 10-point lead in one minute in Houston. Or give up two offensive rebounds in Utah and lose on the last two possessions of the game.

Solid D
01-16-2005, 01:46 PM
they held him to 7-19 shooting. they made him look slow. why didnt Duncan adjust to the defense being played on him by making quicker desicions and get his team mates easier inside baskets. Instead Tim was content to simply hold the ball wasting seconds, to me this played right into what the rockets wanted him to do. It sounds to me like the rockets dictated exactly what they wanted Duncan to do.

Now that is a pretty decent question and good observations. He seemed to have a tough time seeing the open guy and recognizing. He also had a tough time seeing an open shot on his face-ups. Mutombo is pretty long and Tim didn't seem as quick in the second half.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2005, 01:48 PM
now we have to force feed it to Duncan on a 6 of 18 shooting night against a lotto team? Houston is currently a playoff team, and if they keep playing like they have, they will be in the top 4.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-16-2005, 02:49 PM
But last time I check Pop does not shoot the ball or hold it wasting time.

Last time I checked, Pop called the plays. The only one he seemed to be calling was anything that involved Duncan in the low block, where he had struggled all night.

Everyone on this board could see Duncan was struggling, why couldn't coach?

This is my main gripe when I bring up 4down. On nights when Duncan is laying a freakin' egg out there, we have other guys we can go to, but we don't. It's almost like Pop sees Tim playing like ass and thinks "you know, if I just give him a few more touches, he'll snap out of it", and meanwhile we are going about the process of losing the game.

GoSpurs21
01-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Last time I checked, Pop called the plays. The only one he seemed to be calling was anything that involved Duncan in the low block, where he had struggled all night.

Everyone on this board could see Duncan was struggling, why couldn't coach?I believe Tony also calls plays, or at least that was what was writen in the papers earlier this season. While I agree that Pop is bull headed and contributed to the loss, this loss was a team effort with Tim and Pop being the main contributors.

This is my main gripe when I bring up 4down. On nights when Duncan is laying a freakin' egg out there, we have other guys we can go to, but we don't. It's almost like Pop sees Tim playing like ass and thinks "you know, if I just give him a few more touches, he'll snap out of it", and meanwhile we are going about the process of losing the game.I guess former MVPs are giving the benifit of dought. I guess Pop has too much faith and believes Duncan will respond. If you fault him for that, you must also fault Duncan for failing to respond.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-16-2005, 03:13 PM
I do fault them both. When teams play aggressive with Duncan, he caves. And unfortunately when teams do that to Tim, Pop for some stupid ass reason feels he needs to go to him more.

Now if the guy were like an 85% FT shooter, I'd say more power to him, but the only thing worse than Duncan's response when teams play him physical is his FT shooting.

Sense
01-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Guys, this is a TEAM, and the only reason we are different from other teams in the NBA, is because they understand each other, and they know what to do whenever they are in deep shit.

They don't treat Pop as a coach, like other teams do, because they know they can win without him. The Spurs today should've done what they've always done.. A veteran team that understands everyone's roles and capabilities should be able to win, no matter what.

I guess this should be a wake-up call....

We haven't played as good as we used to, we are not RUNNING, like we used to. The Spurs' best games have been before the 2-0 wins against the Mavs. Tim Duncan SHOULD step up, but I think he's getting used to his teamates actually doing something, with his minutes going down. I know that he will have rest coming the playoffs, but since he isn't used to this.... it may be a problem.

Pop is not a problem, leave it.

GoSpurs21
01-16-2005, 03:35 PM
^^^^
ding ding ding...I agere with everything except Pop is not a problem.

Last night Pop's stubborness contributed to the loss. I agree with AHF that Pop needed to go to someone else late when Duncan was struggling. The problem is with Manu hurt on the bench, Tony and Horry running on fumes, Beno and Devin also struggling, Malik out of control, who does he run the play for?
The answer should be Barry, after all what has Pop got to lose? the game

Well with Manu not at 100% for Monday's match up with the Wiz, Barry should get his chance to prove himself in a big road game test. (I dont know why I thought the Spurs Wiz game was in washington...Tim Duncan lack of focus is causing me to have lack of focus as well) :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Ding ding ding again. One of the three plays in the fourth that wasn't run for Duncan was run for barry, and he promptly dropped a three on Houston.

CHAMPS AGAIN
01-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Getting back to the topic, Malik has struggled for almost every game this season, I was so happy whenever he never stepped on the floor, we actually won those games, when he stays on the floor too long, we lose.

He just does terrible, and as a personal Malik hater, I notice it ALOT.

You probaly watch SPURS games when they lose an try to blamed him for the lost.Why don't you blamed the whole team for missing FTS. bad shot selection and over all just bad.Are you really a SPURS fan and just have a different screen name to bash the SPURS.

GoSpurs21
01-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Malik, while playing very reckless lately was not the reason the Spurs lost.
And what is up with Malik's crazy play these last 3 weeks?

pjjrfan
01-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Maybe he is not the best player who has donned a Spurs uni, but give the man a break he has been a member of two championship teams, he contributed to the first one as a limited role player, but in 03, he was a major bench player, subbing for Drob many a time when he was out. I still say he is an energy guy who needs time to get it together, that's been his MO since he came to the Spurs. In fact he was doing quite well until he had a couple of bad games and Pop benched him. but it seems to me everyone has had some bad games, and Pop has been more lenient with them than Rose. My thinking is that it's just personal now. And I'm thinking that down the line Horry will wear out again and Pop will just not let Malik back in like he did last year.

Malik just has to work hard and work himself back into the lineup the best way he can. Maybe someone will drop a brick on Pop's head and he will use him like he should have since the beginning.

Sense
01-17-2005, 12:27 AM
You probaly watch SPURS games when they lose an try to blamed him for the lost.Why don't you blamed the whole team for missing FTS. bad shot selection and over all just bad.Are you really a SPURS fan and just have a different screen name to bash the SPURS.

Yes, your prolly "new". Read my Sig.

And, I'm not blaming Malik Rose for ALL the Spurs losses.
I mentioned that he doesn't deserve time on the floor on critical games, and that I agreed with Pop last year of putting him on the doghouse.

Now, I also didn't mention reasons why the Spurs lost, so next time, how about you read the whole thread ?

And actually make an arguable comment next time?

san antonio spurs
01-17-2005, 12:42 AM
I've always (since 1986) been proud of beeing a spurs fan.
the internet boards (spurs forum) we had back in the days (in 1996-2000) though few ( yep only two) and not well designed were full of classy guyz, true fans that might die behind their team, especially for those players in struggle. we only saw those kinda complains to players on some lakers forums, and bulls forums and because then, that time, the lakers and bulls were full of bandwagon fans. Just feel sorry to see the same happening to our beloved spurs, so sad.
________
PlayfulLady live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/PlayfulLady)

Sense
01-17-2005, 12:50 AM
I've always (since 1986) been proud of beeing a spurs fan.
the internet boards (spurs forum) we had back in the days (in 1996-2000) though few ( yep only two) and not well designed were full of classy guyz, true fans that might die behind their team, especially for those players in struggle. we only saw those kinda complains to players on some lakers forums, and bulls forums and because then, that time, the lakers and bulls were full of bandwagon fans. Just feel sorry to see the same happening to our beloved spurs, so sad.

I'm curious, what do you mean?

And if your proud of being a Spurs fan why are you new to this forum? You claim you've been in the first ones made.

Anyways, Explain.

:blah

san antonio spurs
01-17-2005, 01:18 AM
I'm curious, what do you mean?
u can't be that stup..,really.

And if your proud of being a Spurs fan why are you new to this forum? You claim you've been in the first ones made.
I've been reading posts on this forum most of the time (yep I'm just a lurker), unfortunetely, I have a busy schedule that won't allow me to post that often. though if u want to check on my posting or spurs forum visiting resume, I can tell u that:
I started posting back in 1999 when Spursreport.com was still using EZBOARD forum, what about the days of posting on rsbp and asbnsa-s on USENET it was a Spurs-Jazz flamewars.
are you old enough to remember the usenet times,have u ever used these ones????
I was posting in the old WOAI forums,
the Woody and company forum or spurs zone (WOAI before the spursreport merger).
________
Infant Paxil (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

Kori Ellis
01-17-2005, 01:20 AM
What was your user name when SpursReport was on ezboard?

san antonio spurs
01-17-2005, 01:21 AM
why that kori???
________
HugeAddicted live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/HugeAddicted)

Sense
01-17-2005, 01:22 AM
u can't be that stup..,really.

I've been reading posts on this forum most of the time (yep I'm just a lurker), unfortunetely, I have a busy schedule that won't allow me to post that often. though if u want to check on my posting or spurs forum visiting resume, I can tell u that:
I started posting back in 1999 when Spursreport.com was still using EZBOARD forum, what about the days of posting on rsbp and asbnsa-s on USENET it was a Spurs-Jazz flamewars.
are you old enough to remember the usenet times,have u ever used these ones????
I was posting in the old WOAI forums,
the Woody and company forum or spurs zone (WOAI before the spursreport merger).

1st you call me stupid, when you can't even spell it.
2nd I could care less if you've been to all these boards.
3rd Being old enough to be in all the early Spurs' forums in nothing to be proud of.
4th I also used to be a lurker, and this is why I'm still asking you what I asked.

Explain everything you appoint.

That's what you do on forums.

Kori Ellis
01-17-2005, 01:23 AM
why that kori???

Because we all used to post there. So I was just wondering if we knew you under another name.

san antonio spurs
01-17-2005, 01:42 AM
well Kori, I'm gonna tell u the guys I used to argue with(even though I wasn't posting that much), if u remember them, I'll PM u my username on EZBOARD

kluby,Ghost Writer ,exstatic, zodog, garza and how can I forget the mighty mouse :lol
________
Blonde Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/blonde-girls/)

Kori Ellis
01-17-2005, 01:49 AM
Well of course I remember them. GhostWriter, exstatic and of course Mouse post here.

san antonio spurs
01-17-2005, 01:56 AM
mouse still disturb, he won't change
________
Latina Cam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/latin-girls/)

Spurgal
01-17-2005, 02:05 AM

At this thread!

spur219
01-17-2005, 05:26 PM
They can't trade Malik. Are you kidding me. I don't think I would be able to handle not eating Malik's Philly Phamous. That restaraunt alone is worth having Malik in San Antonio.

mysterious_elf26
01-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Doesn't it seem that this game (Spurs VS Rockets) Proves my point?

I've always said it, but he's committing turnovers, not making shots, making stupid shots, forgetting to cover wide open people.

This guy, is overall probably the worst player in the NBA....in my book.

He has done nothing to help the spurs this season, and I even think he should be traded.

I wish that he would've been traded last year for Tim Thomas atleast.

Malik is just very bad, and you have to admit it.

Malik is far from the worst. Jack Haley is definately the worst.

johnny00
01-17-2005, 10:27 PM
What about Cherokee Parks?

ShoogarBear
01-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Did somebody say Uwe Blab?

Spurgal
01-19-2005, 08:06 PM
spurs 31 #1 malik FAN

I thought I was the #1 Malik Rose Fan ;)

Shelly
01-19-2005, 10:29 PM
What about Cherokee Parks?

Are he and tattoos still playing?

Sense
01-19-2005, 10:37 PM
San Antonians are just in love with Malik, but the truth is, if it weren't for that...he wouldnt be on the team.

I mean think about it.

And don't think about it on your side of this topic.

mattyc
01-19-2005, 10:49 PM
I go on holiday for a month, come back and see nothing has changed - people are still hating Malik.

Jeez. :rolleyes

SequSpur
01-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Malik is not very good Matty. He is paid to be good and he isn't.

That's not hatin, thats the truthe.

Spurgal
01-20-2005, 12:05 AM
You Malik Haters need to get a life... :lol

Malik will be part of San Antonio and the Spurs for many more years to come.

SequSpur
01-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Why is the concession stand hiring?

ducks
01-20-2005, 10:05 PM
They can't trade Malik. Are you kidding me. I don't think I would be able to handle not eating Malik's Philly Phamous. That restaraunt alone is worth having Malik in San Antonio.

dude you can own a business and not live in that town

he is first suppose to be a nba player then a business owner

his nba career is paying for his business and he also gets much more that way

Extra Stout
01-21-2005, 09:52 AM
You Malik Haters need to get a life... :lol

Malik will be part of San Antonio and the Spurs for many more years to come.I can understand the frustration with Malik this year.

He is not using his energy in very intelligent ways right now. When he comes out on the floor, he reads the flow of the game very poorly, and tends to take ill-advised shots and make ill-advised passes. He's trying to force things too much on the floor. It's been a long time since he's been content just to be an energy guy under the boards -- every time he gets out there, it's like he's auditioning for more minutes rather than playing his role. (And he apparently thinks he should be Anthony Mason in his prime.) However, in doing that, he hurts the team and gives Pop further incentive to let him sit.

Pop needs to put a shock collar on Malik that goes off every time he shoots an 18-foot jumper, or tries to pull off a Manu-style pass into traffic.

Sense
01-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Malik is not very good Matty. He is paid to be good and he isn't.

That's not hatin, thats the truthe.

This is the first smart bash, I've seen you post.... Good for you.

SpursGal, please Stfu.

Seriously, get off his nuts.

IX_Equilibrium
01-21-2005, 07:14 PM
This thread is fucken stupid

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2005, 07:27 PM
This thread is fucken stupid

<==== Agreed.

We always start Spur-hatin threads, and I ask, WHY?

Spurs are best team in the NBA, with the best record.

:wtf

Sense
01-21-2005, 11:28 PM
<==== Agreed.

We always start Spur-hatin threads, and I ask, WHY?

Spurs are best team in the NBA, with the best record.

:wtf

Do you know what the thread is about?

Am I hating on the Spurs? Seriously how bad are your reading skills?

Malik is not the Spurs. Hell no.

BTW, if the Spurs continue to play like this we won't have the best record, dont brag about it.

spurs 31 #1 malik FAN
01-23-2005, 08:45 PM
hey ,... don't be hateing on Malik!!!

i have to agree with the spurgal, Malik is HERE to STAY for MANY MORe
years ;)

Sense
01-27-2005, 12:33 AM
hey ,... don't be hateing on Malik!!!

i have to agree with the spurgal, Malik is HERE to STAY for MANY MORe
years ;)

certainly not for the skill..

I've been following the Spurs for many years, and since I've seen the early Malik, he really never had skills to help the Spurs.

Except maybe when the whole bench chipped in.

Malik will probably get traded in a couple of years.

Don't expect him here forever...he's no Tony or Manu