PDA

View Full Version : Question about Texas Stadium/Cowboys ticket prices

robino2001
04-08-2008, 02:33 PM
If this is better suited for the NFL board, cool - I just thought this might get more general traffic and would help me more here.

So I am looking for tickets to this years Cowboys/49ers game at Texas Stadium. It's a regular season game but the date is unknown since the schedule hasn't come out yet. I've gotten in touch with some season ticket holders offering me their seats for the games, but I have no knowledge at all about what the market value is for seats at Texas Stadium. You really can't check ticket prices yet on sites because the schedule with dates hasn't been released yet so tickets really aren't up for sale.

It's the 49ers - so I assume the tickets won't be super-sought after or anything - but I understand and expect to pay over face value. What is typical for an average game there, though? I have an offer for lower bowl, end zone, row 35ish for $300 for the pair (face value is $75 per). I also have an offer for corner right above the visiting tunnel, 6th row, for $375 for the pair (face value is either $90 or $115 depending on the side of the aisle). Do these sound realistic? What have you paid to sit in other parts of the stadium so I have an idea of what to expect around the stadium? I am not locked into these seats at all and I'd like the best seats for my money - but I do plan on getting in somehow.

SAtown
04-08-2008, 03:14 PM
It's the 49ers - so I assume the tickets won't be super-sought after or anything - but I understand and expect to pay over face value. What is typical for an average game there, though? I have an offer for lower bowl, end zone, row 35ish for $300 for the pair (face value is $75 per). I also have an offer for corner right above the visiting tunnel, 6th row, for $375 for the pair (face value is either $90 or $115 depending on the side of the aisle). Do these sound realistic?

It really doesn't matter who the Cowboys are playing nowadays, you're still going to have to pay more than face value for tickets. I went to last season's Jets - Cowboys game (Thanksgiving), had lower endzone seats (like 20th row or so), and payed 125 per ticket. Just make sure you buy the tickets from stubhub or wherever as soon as the schedule comes out.

tlongII
04-08-2008, 03:17 PM
That sounds too high.

robino2001
04-08-2008, 03:21 PM
So as I said, I expect to pay over face value - that's a no brainer to me. But in my mind, I'm guessing/assuming double face value, especially for the Niners, is probably high. But that's why I want opinions and experiences from others.

tlongII
04-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Do you have craigslist there? I can get Seahawks tickets on craigslist for that type of game for probably 125% of face value within a couple weeks of the game.

robino2001
04-08-2008, 03:36 PM
CL is where I've met most of these guys. I know I can probably get better prices RIGHT before the game, but I'd like to have them secured by father's day for a gift for my dad. I'm sure I'd be better off waiting until the schedule release, too, but still just trying to get ideas of what's been paid in the past.

Barbarian
04-08-2008, 03:40 PM
I was able to find a tickets for almost every home game a few days before game day on ticketmaster(face value) even though it had been announced a few weeks before the season began that the whole season had been sold out.

CubanMustGo
04-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Get your 'pokes tix this year, 'cuz after the Robber Baron moves 'em to Arlington they'll be out of the reach of common schmoes like us.