PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to be labeled on this board right now...

RonMexico
04-08-2008, 05:22 PM
but I wanted to let you all know that I did not disappear from this message board because the Suns lost to the Mavs. I could probably have posted this in other threads on here, but I've heard the sentiment that Mav fans have stuck it out on here through thick and thin while Lakers, Rockets, and Suns fans have been jetting out.

In fact, I watched the whole first half at the airport bar before I had to catch my 4:15 flight to Chicago. Then, I landed, checked ESPN MVP and saw the headline: "Suns go cold in 4th..." and that's all I read b/c I knew what happened.

I decided to bust the Slingbox out last night in the hotel and watch the 4th quarter and my take is: Mavs turned up defensive pressure, Suns couldn't hit a shot; Suns had no defensive intensity nor did they crash the boards, allowing too many 2nd chance points in the 4th. The Mavs wanted it more than the Suns and I'm pretty disappointed by that effort. I thought getting Shaq was supposed to fix some of these previous problems (i.e. defensive rebounding and in opportune scoring droughts). If I were D'Antoni, I'd be livid, but I'm sure he just delivered the "we missed shots we normally make speech" without realizing that a defensive stop, steal, quick outlet off a rebound or any combo of the above could have produced an easy score and gotten them out of this rut. And it looks like the fact that Amare committed to Memphis affected his free throw shooting in the clutch... I should have seen it as a sign and put down $1,000 on Kansas last night.

Oh, and my boss said I spend too much time on certain websites at work, so my posting may decrease during business hours.

Purple & Gold
04-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Ohhhh Ron...... :dramaquee :dramaquee

RonMexico
04-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Hey, we're still only 2 games from division lead (since you have tie break, we need an extra win).

stretch
04-09-2008, 09:02 AM
nah, Ron is a cool dude. definitely one of better suns fans on here. he actually has a sense of humor too, and doesnt get all butthurt over one negative thing said about his team, which is rare for suns fans around here.