PDA

View Full Version : Shaq To Sit Out Versus Grizz (Will Be Available vs. Spurs)

duncan228
04-08-2008, 05:38 PM
http://azsportshub.com/2008/04/08/shaq-to-sit-out-versus-grizz/

Shaq To Sit Out Versus Grizz

The News:
A bruised hip suffered during Sunday’s loss to the Dallas Mavericks will keep Shaq out against the Memphis GrizzliesFedEx-Cup-Money tonight according to Azcentral.com. Head trainer Aaron Nelson said that it is precautionary and that Shaq will be available versus the Spurs.

Our Take:
Shaq is the size of a smart car and weighs about as much, from time to time is going to get banged up. If the Suns can’t beat the lowly Grizz without the big Shaqtus than maybe they should cash it in now and save the fans the another disappointing playoff run. Rest up big man, the Solar Express needs you to take on Tim Duncan.

MrChug
04-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Cowardly by the Suns (an absurdly redundant statement, I know), but smart. However, this move is foolish. If Shaq is hurting, how in the hell is he now all of a sudden supposed to contend with Tim, a bunch of lightning quick guards, and good passers. I think they're hurting themselves more than helping.

Just an observation.

ShoogarBear
04-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Eh, the Spurs would do the same if Tim or Manu was hurting.

duncan228
04-08-2008, 09:09 PM
The "official" release:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/04/08/shaq.suns.ap/index.html

Shaq sits Suns game at Grizzlies

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Phoenix Suns center Shaquille O'Neal sat out Tuesday night against the Memphis Grizzlies because of a right hip contusion.

Teams officials said that O'Neal took a knee to the hip in the Suns' 105-98 loss against Dallas on Sunday.

O'Neal, the 16-year veteran who was obtained earlier this season from the Miami Heat, averages 13.5 points and nine rebounds.

101A
04-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Shaq can't play b2b; and the Suns want him for the Spurs; as usual making a big deal out of a regular season game.

As the Spurs cruise into the playoffs, the Suns can very well win tomorrow night; probably turn over and burn police cars in AZ if they do.

BIG z
04-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Well may be cuz, he is going to gurad timmy tommorow....

MrChug
04-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Well may be cuz, he is going to gurad timmy tommorow....

timmy is ungurad-able.

MrChug
04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Eh, the Spurs would do the same if Tim or Manu was hurting.

Well, it's more likely that the Spurs would hold those cats out the rest of the regular season if they had so much as a hangnail. : :nerd

BIG z
04-08-2008, 09:43 PM
timmy is ungurad-able.

He used to be, but now cuz he has lost some of his explosiveness, there are some that give him trouble, last 2 years, he has been getting his got blocked alot.. I would have agreed maybe 3 years ago...

T Park
04-08-2008, 10:02 PM
The Solar Express?

Seriously?

ShoogarBear
04-08-2008, 10:05 PM
The Solar Express?

Seriously?Shhhh. Let them have their fun.

George Gervin's Afro
04-08-2008, 10:05 PM
what? the nuns are taking this game more serious than san antonio? that's a fucking shock..

Demo Dick Marcinko
04-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Tim has a long memory. You better believe he remembers Snaq's diss last time they played in Phoenix. Remember Snaq was on the ground and Tim offered to help him up and O'Neal completed ignored him. I hope Tim punks his fat ass.

BIG z
04-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Tim has a long memory. You better believe he remembers Snaq's diss last time they played in Phoenix. Remember Snaq was on the ground and Tim offered to help him up and O'Neal completed ignored him. I hope Tim punks his fat ass.

I hope he doesnt have a bad game again, honestly i think TD is a little intimidated by Shaq, agree or disagree?

itzsoweezee
04-08-2008, 10:20 PM
haha, the suns are desperate to win this game. i would love to see the spurs crush their dreams.

duncan228
04-08-2008, 10:25 PM
...honestly i think TD is a little intimidated by Shaq, agree or disagree?

Duncan is not intimidated by Shaq. Duncan is not intimidated by anyone. He wouldn't have 4 rings if he were.
There are players that defend him well, Rasheed Wallace comes to mind, but being defended well by a guy doesn't mean he's intimidated by him. It means Duncan must adjust his game based on how he's being played.

BIG z
04-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Duncan is not intimidated by Shaq. Duncan is not intimidated by anyone. He wouldn't have 4 rings if he were.
There are players that defend him well, Rasheed Wallace comes to mind, but being defended well by a guy doesn't mean he's intimidated by him. It means Duncan must adjust his game based on how he's being played.

Well said sir, well said, duncan is the best and no one intimidates him cuz he has four championships, point taken....

BonnerDynasty
04-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Who even knows if the Spurs will even give a damn about this game and actually come to play. This team hasn't showed that much heart this season.

Just waiting for POs to come.

Shred
04-09-2008, 06:12 AM
Cowardly by the Suns (an absurdly redundant statement, I know), but smart. However, this move is foolish. If Shaq is hurting, how in the hell is he now all of a sudden supposed to contend with Tim, a bunch of lightning quick guards, and good passers. I think they're hurting themselves more than helping.

Just an observation.

Yes, I see: smart, but foolish. What keen insight you have. :rolleyes

And "cowardly?" This from a fan of a team that threw games by sitting David Robinson the last few months of the season so they could move up in the lottery and draft Tim Duncan.

101A
04-09-2008, 07:01 AM

And "cowardly?" This from a fan of a team that threw games by sitting David Robinson the last few days of the season so they would avoid injuring him for the 3 or 4 meaningless games at the very end of the season, and set themselves up to be back in contention the following year; their draft position, and lottery status already set in stoneby a string of injuries to nearly EVERY contributing member of the team.fixed

WildcardManu
04-09-2008, 07:29 AM

I lost all the little respect I had for Snaq before that game, now he is a complete piece of crap.

Jimcs50
04-09-2008, 08:36 AM
I lost all the little respect I had for Snaq before that game, now he is a complete piece of crap.

TD is pussified to even offer his hand to Shaq, I was glad Shaq ignored him.

Pat Riley would have benched TD for that crap, had he been on his Showtime team. You help up your own teammates, not the opponents.

cheguevara
04-09-2008, 08:43 AM
If Shaq is hurting, how in the hell is he now all of a sudden supposed to contend with Tim, a bunch of lightning quick guards, and good passers.

please explain

Harry Callahan
04-09-2008, 09:39 AM

And "cowardly?" This from a fan of a team that threw games by sitting David Robinson the last few months of the season so they could move up in the lottery and draft Tim Duncan.

Robinson had a broken foot, and knee tendonitis brought on by a bad back. Sean E missed half the season with bad knees. Their best player that year was Dominique Wilkins at 38 years old. IOW, a terrible team with a terrible record led in scoring by an old man. 20-62 is a bad team.

I'd like an accounting of the thrown games that year jerk. Robinson was not "sitting out for Months" That team was awful and there was no guarantee of getting duncan. Keith Van Horn was the second prize.

By the time Robinson MAY have been ready to play a few games, it was March and their was no chance of making the playoffs anyway. It would have been irresponsible to risk further injury at that point.

BTW, the Suns blew up their team when they got rid of Jason Kidd and landed in the lotto.

BTW, hope you enjoy that Atlanta Hawk draft pick. Joe Johnson is helping get them in the playoffs.

The Sun's window for a champion has closed. Face it. It's highly doubtful they get out of the west and if by some dumb luck the stars align and the make the finals, they have less than zero chance against Boston or Detroit. Sorry, it's over.

Trivia question to make the Suns creeps feel better. Which team lost out on the 1st pick in the draft in 1970 and 1987, missing out on Kareem Abdul Jabbar and David Robinson? That's right, the Phoenix Suns. There is a black cloud over your city and it isn't going away. The city of Phoenix has the whiniest bunch of punk ass fans EVER.

WildcardManu
04-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Robinson had a broken foot, and knee tendonitis brought on by a bad back. Sean E missed half the season with bad knees. Their best player that year was Dominique Wilkins at 38 years old. IOW, a terrible team with a terrible record led in scoring by an old man. 20-62 is a bad team.

I'd like an accounting of the thrown games that year jerk. Robinson was not "sitting out for Months" That team was awful and there was no guarantee of getting duncan. Keith Van Horn was the second prize.

By the time Robinson MAY have been ready to play a few games, it was March and their was no chance of making the playoffs anyway. It would have been irresponsible to risk further injury at that point.

BTW, the Suns blew up their team when they got rid of Jason Kidd and landed in the lotto.

BTW, hope you enjoy that Atlanta Hawk draft pick. Joe Johnson is helping get them in the playoffs.

The Sun's window for a champion has closed. Face it. It's highly doubtful they get out of the west and if by some dumb luck the stars align and the make the finals, they have less than zero chance against Boston or Detroit. Sorry, it's over.

Trivia question to make the Suns creeps feel better. Which team lost out on the 1st pick in the draft in 1970 and 1987, missing out on Kareem Abdul Jabbar and David Robinson? That's right, the Phoenix Suns. There is a black cloud over your city and it isn't going away. The city of Phoenix has the whiniest bunch of punk ass fans EVER.

PWND
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/aeomar/pwnd.jpg

MrChug
04-09-2008, 12:26 PM
please explain

No hablas ingles, es verdad?

Tony: Lightning Quick; Manu: Hirkey Jurkey and fast; and to deal with Tim? How's his fat ass going to contend with the slickest 7 footer out there with a bum limb* and risk not having his fat @$$ for a playoff game or more?

Thank you (why did I even answer this post...).

*point to be considered for a 7 game series

Xylus
04-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Of course this is an important game--the seeding in the western conference is 4 or 5 games from being decided, so every victory from here on out counts. The Suns are currently the 6th seed, but would much rather have home court against Utah. Ideally, they'd overtake the 3rd seed, but I don't see that happening.

This isn't about beating the Spurs, this is about getting good positioning in the playoffs.

Xylus
04-09-2008, 02:58 PM
No hablas ingles, es verdad?

Tony: Lightning Quick; Manu: Hirkey Jurkey and fast; and to deal with Tim? How's his fat ass going to contend with the slickest 7 footer out there with a bum limb* and risk not having his fat @$$ for a playoff game or more?

Thank you (why did I even answer this post...).

*point to be considered for a 7 game series
Tony and Manu = 2

2 =! a bunch of lightning quick guards

2 = a couple of lightning quick guards and a bunch of old geezers