PDA

View Full Version : Places For A Kids Birthday Party?

PM5K
04-08-2008, 11:42 PM
10 years old.

A couple that I've thought of:

Malibu (That was last year)
Peter Piper Pizza
San Antonio Zoo
Bowling

What else?

TIA

mrsmaalox
04-08-2008, 11:52 PM
LaserQuest

mrsmaalox
04-08-2008, 11:53 PM
I forgot about the Ice Center at Northwoods

T Park
04-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Chucky Cheese?

That was a personal favorite when I was a kid...

DannyT
04-09-2008, 12:01 AM
incredible pizza...and then theirs that indoor leaps and bounds joint...forget what its called

but nonetheless I always have issue with this cause theres never much to choose from in this city....chuck E cheese and gatti land and peter pipers and incredibles pizza all get played out after while...theres also a place out on the south side called green acres but I have never been there

and lastly you can look into renting a pool at a public park before they open or after they close to the public....can you tell I have kids?

marini martini
04-09-2008, 12:10 AM
.can you tell I have kids?

Yep! And I do professional face painting for a very reasonable sum :toast All the while strictly sober :toast I swear to got!

TDMVPDPOY
04-09-2008, 12:16 AM
give pedobear a call

DannyT
04-09-2008, 12:17 AM
But whats the attire like...are you seductive...or do you prefer the more goofly clown get-up....but as hung over as you would be you might as well be drunk just to function properly...besides....theres always that one asshole who decides to somehow ruin little Johnny's 8th birthday party....and he didnt even bring a gift to begin with....aint that a bitch...?

mrsmaalox
04-09-2008, 12:19 AM
....can you tell I have kids?

:tu. Me too, I have 3 ages 10,11,14. :)

I had one of my daughter's parties at a movie theater (Embassy?). It was different because we timed it with the release of "Ella Enchanted". So it all had a princess theme. They have a party room, we had cake but the kids got to go to the concession toget their movie food. Staff had a few games for them. They got a cool "behind the scenes" tour of the control room. Then when it was movie time, they made an announcement in the theater, my daughter waved at everyone from that little projection window, and then flipped the switch to start the movie. All the girls really loved it!

DannyT
04-09-2008, 12:25 AM

I had one of my daughter's parties at a movie theater (Embassy?). It was different because we timed it with the release of "Ella Enchanted". So it all had a princess theme. They have a party room, we had cake but the kids got to go to the concession toget their movie food. Staff had a few games for them. They got a cool "behind the scenes" tour of the control room. Then when it was movie time, they made an announcement in the theater, my daughter waved at everyone from that little projection window, and then flipped the switch to start the movie. All the girls really loved it!

witch reminds it really all depends the sex of the child as well...cause over at La Cantera....in the shop I believe they have a little thing for kids dont know the name of it...but its a make over place and they give the girls a chance to put on a Hannah Montana show or whatever....heard it was pretty cool and of course pricey....

DannyT
04-09-2008, 12:26 AM

Talk about getting busy in the Burger King bath room....when youre ready for the 4th...let me know...and NO I AM NOT READY TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT SO DONT ASK.....

Heath Ledger
04-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Taco bell is always a hit for birthday parties. And it will save you a lot of money.

mrsmaalox
04-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Talk about getting busy in the Burger King bath room....when youre ready for the 4th...let me know...and NO I AM NOT READY TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT SO DONT ASK.....

Well then you'd better get ready for the "Maury" showdown!!!! :lol

DannyT
04-09-2008, 12:38 AM
at least you upgraded from Jerry and the whole redneck circus he brings with him....

PM5K
04-09-2008, 12:41 AM
It's a boy.

marini martini
04-09-2008, 12:47 AM
But whats the attire like...are you seductive...or do you prefer the more goofly clown get-up....but as hung over as you would be you might as well be drunk just to function properly...besides....theres always that one asshole who decides to somehow ruin little Johnny's 8th birthday party....and he didnt even bring a gift to begin with....aint that a bitch...?

My attire is like funky funny! Am never hungover! Drunk? Wait until the party's over, and get home! NEVER do a gig, where the birthday kid, doesn't get a gift from a guest! What kind of childhood, did u have? :lol

mrsmaalox
04-09-2008, 12:50 AM
It's a boy.

Definitely LaserQuest; good for boys of all ages!!

marini martini
04-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Definitely LaserQuest; good for boys of all ages!!

AND GIRLS!!!!!!!!!! I love this place :lol

marini martini
04-09-2008, 12:56 AM
witch reminds it really all depends the sex of the child as well...cause over at La Cantera....in the shop I believe they have a little thing for kids dont know the name of it...but its a make over place and they give the girls a chance to put on a Hannah Montana show or whatever....heard it was pretty cool and of course pricey....

"Libby Lou"!

I do this sh*t for half the price!

WackoJacko
04-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Have him and his little friends come over to my place :)

Fillmoe
04-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Neverland Ranch

Pedo Bear
04-09-2008, 01:50 AM
At my house.

Melmart1
04-09-2008, 06:53 AM
My nephews always love Incredible Pizza company. Mini golf, race cars, bowling and a ton of video games in the same place. The food sucks but they aren't there for the food. It's pricier than Peter Piper or whatever but worth it since bdays are only once a year.

manufor3
04-09-2008, 07:07 AM
where are you

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 07:31 AM
My nephews always love Incredible Pizza company. Mini golf, race cars, bowling and a ton of video games in the same place. The food sucks but they aren't there for the food. It's pricier than Peter Piper or whatever but worth it since bdays are only once a year.

Every day is only once a year.

Melmart1
04-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Every day is only once a year.
que?

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 08:17 AM
que?

LOL I was just commenting on your its only once a year comment. Whenever people come on be nice its Xmas it only comes once a year or something to that effect, I say well so does every other day. NEVERMIND!!!

Viva Las Espuelas
04-09-2008, 08:31 AM
oh, the memories
GttLpfpyDUQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GttLpfpyDUQ

Summers
04-09-2008, 08:47 AM
I don't live in SA, but my son's gym offers parties. They have staff there to spot the kids and the kids can go crazy and do whatever they want. They have a rock wall and a rope over a lava pit (a hole in teh floor with a bunch of foam cubes) and all the gym stuff like rings and beams and trampolines. It's not cheap, but it's safe and supervised and what parent doesn't like to take their kid home completely worn out? :)

mrsmaalox
04-09-2008, 08:52 AM
oh, the memories
GttLpfpyDUQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GttLpfpyDUQ

Yuck I could never have my party at a place like that because those robot things terrified me too much. That gorilla alone would have been good for a year's worth of nightmares!

stretch
04-09-2008, 08:53 AM
take them to a mirror maze and tell them first one to make it through by sprinting full speed wins 10 bucks.

DannyT
04-09-2008, 08:53 AM
que?

Dije que todo las dias son especiales....I have done back to back birthday partys at incredible pizza...the first one was like a month right hafter they opened up in 2007 and it was handled pretty well...the second one which was just a few months ago in Feb was a little weak...when I reserved it they told me everything that was included in the birthday party last year now needed to be added on...we still did it but i knew it wasnt going to be the same but the kids still had a blast in the bumbper cars and the 4-d ride they have their

desflood
04-09-2008, 10:26 AM
The Magic Time Machine. All the characters get up and sing a special birthday song to the birthday person and from what I've seen, hilarity usually ensues. The food is nothing special, but the atmosphere makes it worth it. That's what we're doing for my soon-to-be six-year-old.

to21
04-09-2008, 11:14 AM
:lol

I must be a bad parent.....I told my kid he was too old at 10 to have a birthday party. I took him to Dave and Busters and let him run wild. I spent more than if I would have had a party.

So maybe it works out.

Los Spurs
04-09-2008, 11:36 AM
My nephew had a little get together at the Rain Forest Cafe last month.
It's a nice place...

ashbeeigh
04-09-2008, 12:14 PM
jungle jim's.

ashbeeigh
04-09-2008, 12:15 PM
jungle jim's.

j/k.

I wish we had Celebration Stations in San Antonio. I love that place. I'd say take them there.

DannyT
04-09-2008, 01:29 PM
we used to have one of them out there by the bowling joint off of 281...but I guess that moneky was just too creepy for some folks

jcrod
04-09-2008, 02:43 PM
I don't live in SA, but my son's gym offers parties. They have staff there to spot the kids and the kids can go crazy and do whatever they want. They have a rock wall and a rope over a lava pit (a hole in teh floor with a bunch of foam cubes) and all the gym stuff like rings and beams and trampolines. It's not cheap, but it's safe and supervised and what parent doesn't like to take their kid home completely worn out? :)

We've done this twice for my daughter at her gymnastic gym. Once when she turned 6 then last yr at ten. All the kids love it.

All the other times we just had a huge party at the house. I rent everything, jumper, cotton candy, dunk (water) machine, clown/magic, slipnslide set up. It's always fun.

This yr, I told her invite 2-3 friends from school and have a sleep over. They can decide what they want to do all day.

PM5K
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I think I'm going to go with Incredible Pizza.

Thanks...

DannyT
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
you will like it and so will the kids...do the go carts....

mrsmaalox
04-09-2008, 09:59 PM
My daughter will be 12 on the 23rd and just informed me today she is having a pool party/sleepover with 10 of her closest friends!!! Lucky me.

marini martini
04-09-2008, 10:03 PM
My daughter will be 12 on the 23rd and just informed me today she is having a pool party/sleepover with 10 of her closest friends!!! Lucky me.

Pray for a late freeze :rolleyes

Order pizza & rent "Carrie" :toast

Oh yeah, invite me, I do so know how to entertain 12 year olds :lol :lol :lol

mrsmaalox
04-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Pray for a late freeze :rolleyes

Order pizza & rent "Carrie" :toast

Oh yeah, invite me, I do so know how to entertain 12 year olds :lol :lol :lol

No please, no late freeze!!! Then I'll have to deal with them inside my house! So you can entertain them? Do you know Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers? :lol

marini martini
04-09-2008, 10:22 PM
No please, no late freeze!!! Then I'll have to deal with them inside my house! So you can entertain them? Do you know Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers? :lol

I can glam 'em up just like her :music

DannyT
04-09-2008, 11:09 PM
at the end up the make over your daughter and her friends could end up looking like the hoodrats from the souf side pushing a stroller...member cheaper isn't always better and you always get what you pay for.....

DannyT
04-09-2008, 11:09 PM
at the end up the make over your daughter and her friends could end up looking like the hoodrats from the souf side pushing a stroller...member cheaper isn't always better and you always get what you pay for.....

mrsmaalox
04-09-2008, 11:24 PM

:lol Marini, this guy has NO faith in you whatsoever! :lol

marini martini
04-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Hey, I got dollies & strollers :lol

And pillows 4 their tummies :toast

Oh Lord, I am sorry for that :oops

2Blonde
04-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Hey, I got dollies & strollers :lol

And pillows 4 their tummies :toast

Oh Lord, I am sorry for that :oops

OMG... :lmao :lmao :lmao

I was just picturing 10 preteen girls walking around Mrs. Maalox's neighborhood looking like pregnant 12 year-olds with one or two kids already & eyebrows drawn on with sharpies. :lmao

BTW, do you teach them how to talk like souf siders as well? :lol

sa_butta
04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Get em in their bathing suits, turn on the sprinklers and throw em in the back yard...

Im kidding, but they would have a blast.

DannyT
04-10-2008, 11:54 PM
OMG... :lmao :lmao :lmao

I was just picturing 10 preteen girls walking around Mrs. Maalox's neighborhood looking like pregnant 12 year-olds with one or two kids already & eyebrows drawn on with sharpies. :lmao

BTW, do you teach them how to talk like souf siders as well? :lol

Not only are they taught how to properly wear blue and green make up with a nasty red lipstick but they even get to keep the sharpies as a souvenir,
Orale' is one of the most under appreciated words that the souf side possess, along with that they will be taught many other words like..liked'd'd and the proper use of the lone star cards at HEB or even at your local grocery store called the "Chinos"....its kinda like Dave Ramsey's Total Money Make Over but only this one takes rich preppy girls and makes them into hoodrats for the day...

marini martini
04-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Not only are they taught how to properly wear blue and green make up with a nasty red lipstick but they even get to keep the sharpies as a souvenir,
Orale' is one of the most under appreciated words that the souf side possess, along with that they will be taught many other words like..liked'd'd and the proper use of the lone star cards at HEB or even at your local grocery store called the "Chinos"....its kinda like Dave Ramsey's Total Money Make Over but only this one takes rich preppy girls and makes them into hoodrats for the day...

Damn, will you be my agent? :smokin

mrsmaalox
04-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Damn, will you be my agent? :smokin

Hey you guys could be on to something! With your face paint stuff can you do scars like knives or c-sections?

marini martini
04-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Hey you guys could be on to something! With your face paint stuff can you do scars like knives or c-sections?

Pfffffffft. Piece Of cake!!!!

Where's Aunt Anal??????????????? :toast

mrsmaalox
04-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Pfffffffft. Piece Of cake!!!!

Where's Aunt Anal??????????????? :toast

:lmao you mean my sister-in-law?! :lol

marini martini
04-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeaaaaaah! Guess we'll be missin' you for the next few days :depressed

mrsmaalox
04-11-2008, 12:54 AM
Yeaaaaaah! Guess we'll be missin' you for the next few days :depressed

Well AmericanAirlines cancelled her flight, so maybe tomorrow! What's funny is that I went out for drinks tonight with a guy who works for AA; man, was I in a good mood! :lol

marini martini
04-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Well AmericanAirlines cancelled her flight, so maybe tomorrow! What's funny is that I went out for drinks tonight with a guy who works for AA; man, was I in a good mood! :lol

Guess you pick'd and roll'd! ROFLMAO :toast

PM5K
04-24-2008, 02:13 AM
I changed my mind, Incredible Pizza is pretty suck ass...

It cost 22.00 for two people to get in, and you have to buy their stupid buffet to get in like Mr Gattis, but I don't recall Gattis being 22.00 for two people.

The bumper cars suck balls, how the fuck do you bump people when there isn't any space, everyone is right next to each other.

The race cars are ok, the golf is semi ok, the food is pretty horrible but on part with other similar places.

I don't know where I'm going to have this party...

DannyT
04-24-2008, 02:29 AM
Like I said this last Feb we went was lame compared to the first year they opened up and we had a B-day party there. This last time they were charging for every little thing and then we get there and t sucked and was rushed unlike last years version. I just go for the games, and the kids will more then like it and they do so I look at it like that. And unlike Peter Pipers their rides always work...Mondays I think kids are like .99 cents shoulda tried it then

DannyT
04-24-2008, 02:30 AM
Guess you pick'd and roll'd! ROFLMAO :toast

well did you...?

Sunshine
04-24-2008, 07:17 AM
LaserQuest

Agreed.

My daughter had her 10th & 11th birthdays there and my son had his 11th, 12th AND 13th there! It's great for boys or girls, you can order pizza the day before from Papa John's and they'll bring it at just the right time for your designated party room time and they clean up for you!

My daughter recently went to a birthday party at Alamo Drafthouse and it seemed to be a big hit with both boys and girls.

mrsmaalox
04-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Agreed.

My daughter had her 10th & 11th birthdays there and my son had his 11th, 12th AND 13th there! It's great for boys or girls, you can order pizza the day before from Papa John's and they'll bring it at just the right time for your designated party room time and they clean up for you!

My daughter recently went to a birthday party at Alamo Drafthouse and it seemed to be a big hit with both boys and girls.

Man I wish I could have convinced my girl this time. Tomorrow night it's gonna be: my house, 12 12yr old girls, swimming and sleeping over! So far we have the chocolate fountain, cotton candy machine, smoothie maker ready to go---and of course pizza and wings. And let's don't forget LOTS of Hannah Montana and the Jonas Bros!!!!!!

Sunshine
04-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Man I wish I could have convinced my girl this time. Tomorrow night it's gonna be: my house, 12 12yr old girls, swimming and sleeping over! So far we have the chocolate fountain, cotton candy machine, smoothie maker ready to go---and of course pizza and wings. And let's don't forget LOTS of Hannah Montana and the Jonas Bros!!!!!!

Hey, that sounds pretty sweet! I think I live in your general vicitinity. Holler if you need help :tongue