PDA

View Full Version : 8 teens attacking another girl on Youtube

mffl89
04-09-2008, 12:51 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,347949,00.html

"Eight teenagers have been arrested in Lakeland, Fla., on charges that they allegedly beat another teen in an "animalistic attack" so they could make a videotape to post on YouTube.

Seven of the teens remained in juvenile detention Tuesday, authorities said. A boy who was charged as an adult has been released on bail.

Victoria Lindsay was attacked on March 30 by six teenage girls when she arrived at a friend's home, authorities said.

One of the girls struck the 16-year-old victim on the head several times and then slammed her head into a wall, knocking her unconscious, according to an arrest report.

Later, according to a clip of the video that was released by the Polk County sheriff's office, the teens can be seen blocking a door and hitting Victoria.

"When I saw my daughter in the emergency room, I didn't even recognize my own daughter," her father Patrick Lindsay, said a recent news conference in front of their Florida home. "I just walked in and held her. I didn't want her to see me weep."

"I've never seen anybody's face disfigured like that."

While the beatings took place more than a week ago, Patrick and Talisa Lindsay said their daughter remains scared for her life.

"She is having nightmares over it," said her mother, during a news conference outside their Florida home. "She has multiple bruises from it, from her head all the way down."

Her parents blamed the Internet for the incident.

"These Web sites are creating a space for criminal activity, beating, fights," Patrick Lindsay said. "MySpace, MTV's 'Jackass,' they are enticing our children and desensitizing out children. Now, if they create the best shock video, they are the heroes. They think it is top dollar."

They described their daughter as a popular, honor-roll student and varsity cheerleader, who was "very well liked."

"She didn't deserve to be beat down like a dog," her father said. "She thought she was going to die."

Click here to watch the interview on TheLedger.com.

"Just the shock of it happening to you and seeing your daughter in a deformity, that was horrific," Talisa Lindsay said. "It's very emotional."

Rubbing his wife's back as she tried to gain her composure, Patrick Lindsay vowed to get justice for their daughter.

"I'm very upset with these Internet sites," he said. "As far as I'm concerned, MySpace is the anti-Christ for children. I'm going to carry this as far as I can.”

Sheriff Grady Judd told NBC's "Today" show on Tuesday that the incident was an "absolutely an animalistic attack."

"They lured her into the home for express purpose of filming the attack and posting it on the Internet," he said.

Christina Garcia, mother of one of the defendants, said her daughter had turned the tape over to police.

Click here for more from MyFOXTampaBay.com.

The Associated Press contributed to this article."

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-09-2008, 01:20 AM
How are kids not being taught that things like this are wrong???

spursfan09
04-09-2008, 01:31 AM
WoW. That is crazy. Just my opinion, I think the parents are mad at the wrong thing-The websites, Jack ass and myspace. I would be totaling going crazy on those dumbass kids' parents.

Fillmoe
04-09-2008, 01:40 AM
snitching on yourself..... dumbfucks.. LOL

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 07:15 AM
I wish youtube was around when I was in High school, it would be funny to see the hazing over and over again.

midgetonadonkey
04-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Where's the link to the video?

midgetonadonkey
04-11-2008, 10:21 AM
psfights.com is better for fights than youtube anyway.

King
04-11-2008, 10:33 AM
CNN yesterday had an article that said all eight of these people could face life in prison. Kidnapping charges, attempted murder, etc...

Not that they will, but it'd be nice to see them locked up for a long time.

Richard Cranium
04-11-2008, 10:52 AM
I heard they will be charged as adults and I hope they do some time.

BonnerDynasty
04-11-2008, 10:57 AM

America has an abundance of shitty parents and our society is deteriorating.

Extra Stout
04-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Probably most parents instill into their children that bludgeoning people for fun is wrong. However, the United States is a hedonistic, nihilistic, sensationalist, violence-glorifying society. In order to maintain profitability in the entertainment industry, we peddle as much violence and sex as people will stomach.

In our hedonistic, nihilistic culture, parents prioritize their own pleasure over child-rearing. As long as their kids aren't intruding into their own happiness with bad behavior, what they do is not a problem. The culture teaches parents that staying involved and knowledgeable about their kids' lives is stifling to their kids' self-expression anyway. "It's the parents' responsibility" is just a convenient excuse for corporations who spend billions on psychologists and marketers to use advertising to usurp parental influence.

There is a minority of conscientious parents who fight through all this garbage to raise their kids properly. Their families make up the 30% of American society that is still moderately functional.

peewee's lovechild
04-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Probably most parents instill into their children that bludgeoning people for fun is wrong. However, the United States is a hedonistic, nihilistic, sensationalist, violence-glorifying society. In order to maintain profitability in the entertainment industry, we peddle as much violence and sex as people will stomach.

In our hedonistic, nihilistic culture, parents prioritize their own pleasure over child-rearing. As long as their kids aren't intruding into their own happiness with bad behavior, what they do is not a problem. The culture teaches parents that staying involved and knowledgeable about their kids' lives is stifling to their kids' self-expression anyway. "It's the parents' responsibility" is just a convenient excuse for corporations who spend billions on psychologists and marketers to use advertising to usurp parental influence.

There is a minority of conscientious parents who fight through all this garbage to raise their kids properly. Their families make up the 30% of American society that is still moderately functional.

And so fell Rome.

smeagol
04-11-2008, 12:50 PM

Just check some of the posts on this board.

There lies the answer.

smeagol
04-11-2008, 12:51 PM

ES says what I think.

(that one is for you, pego :lol )

smeagol
04-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Probably trying to stop these kinds of things, if you witness them, is wrong [B2B/ peewee/ king/ others]

thispego
04-11-2008, 12:53 PM
ES says what I think.

(that one is for you, pego :lol )
:tu

Trainwreck2100
04-11-2008, 01:32 PM
At least the shelf was ok

remingtonbo2001
04-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Whatever happened to jizzing in someone's beer.

WTF, when did rage become hip?

smeagol
04-11-2008, 02:47 PM
violence-glorifying society.

Now youn are exagerating!

A society that wants to put extreme fighting in a prime time spot of a big network?

Nah . . . what's wrong with two dudes kicking the shit out of each other in a cage in front of a celebrating crowd?

I think the Roman Circus should be reinstated.

Argentina can send some of its politicians to act as II century Christians while wild beasts eat them alive . . .

Don Quixote
04-11-2008, 08:56 PM

Often they are. In fact, I imagine most of these kids knew it was wrong. But they did it anyway. (The word we Christians appropriately use for this, of course, is sin).

Don Quixote
04-11-2008, 08:57 PM
America has an abundance of crappy parents and our society is deteriorating.

The big question -- why is Western culture declining?

Don Quixote
04-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Just my opinion, I think the parents are mad at the wrong thing-The websites, Jackass and myspace. I would be totaling going crazy on those dumbbutt kids' parents.

You're right. Remember that (a) we're relying on the news service to report the parents' feelings accurately, and (b) the parents are understandably emotional and upset about the whole thing.

But you're right -- I would be mad and ready to rumble on these loser kids and their parents. This is not to get the media off the hook (for they certainly don't adequately take into account their responsibility to society), but we can only control so much. The only way to really control the media in your home is to turn off the TV, control your kids' computer usage, and limit the ipods, phones, CDs, etc.

And get a good lawyer and sue sue sue those parents.

mookie2001
04-11-2008, 09:09 PM
smeagols your little butt buddy now dah

smeagol
04-11-2008, 09:29 PM
smeagols your little butt buddy now dah
mmmmmpppfffff mmmmmppppffff and other stupidities coming out of mookie's mouth . . .

SAGambler
04-12-2008, 09:55 AM
First, you go after the parents and take everything they own, or ever will own. Then you put the little bastards away for about 25 years. See if they still think this is some funny shit in 2033 after they have been butt fucked and beaten for years.

These kids knew what they were doing was totally wrong, yet they went right on doing it. Now they need to pay for what they did.

Can hardly wait for all the parents interviews where they "can't imagine their child doing anything like this". Sound familiar?

balli
04-12-2008, 11:51 AM
I think they should be physically mutilated to the point that no man will ever touch them for the rest of their lives. And their parents should be put to death. Seriously. Fuck these stuck-up cunts.

smeagol
04-12-2008, 07:35 PM
I heard on Geraldo that although some of the girls did not participate in the beating, they will still get time becuase they did not do anything to stop it. It goes without saying, they will get less time than the ones who actually did beat the poor girl.

Goes against what B2B and peewee have been saying all along.

1Parker1
04-12-2008, 08:23 PM
I saw the video on the news when this happened. It was really crazy. They were literallly just beating up and ganging on this one teenage girl for no apparent reason. And there were plenty of girls standing around just watching. It was downright scary and disgusting.

I think it's really hard being a teenager these days; Not only do you have to worry about possibly getting shot at while your in school, now you have to worry about group beatings?

tlongII
04-12-2008, 08:24 PM
I doubt any of those girls will do time.

whottt
04-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Kids have always done stuff like this...it doesn't have anything to do with TV or movies. Kids can just be mean. Most of it just stupidity on the part of kids until this sort of thing happens to them. Then some will learn, what it feels like and elect to not do things to people that they wouldn't like done to them, and others don't learn that lesson. Some of the kids it's done too get over it and others carry emotional scars over it for years.

Most of the time kids do this stuff they think it'll make them feel bigger or most important...they feel like they it'll make them belong. After it's done some of them realize it's shitty to do and it doesn't make them feel bigger or better, and others it actually does make them feel bigger and better.

But it's hardly anything new....and it's hardly restricted to America.

I don't know where you guys went to school or grew up, but where I went and grew up there were always kids doing this sort of thing...and there was always some poor target.

Whether it some kid that stands out because of the way he looks...
Or a bunch of guys getting some girl drunk and gangbanging her and then treating her like garabage...

Teens do that kind of shit.

Kids can be vicious, and they aren't usually innocent angels by the time they hit their teens, they just know how to manipulate their parents naivete and denial...pull your heads out of the sand.

1Parker1
04-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Hmm, so they had metal detectors when you went to school back in the day? People got beat up and then posted videos of it on the Internet back when you went to school?

Don't kid yourself, it's a lot worse now than it was 10-15 years ago. Yes, kids have always been mean, and ganging up on the "fat kid" or the whatever is nothing new. But I just think kids these days have taken all that to a whole new level.

manufor3
04-12-2008, 09:36 PM
WoW. That is crazy. Just my opinion, I think the parents are mad at the wrong thing-The websites, Jack ass and myspace. I would be totaling going crazy on those dumbass kids' parents.
+1

CuckingFunt
04-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Hmm, so they had metal detectors when you went to school back in the day? People got beat up and then posted videos of it on the Internet back when you went to school?

Don't kid yourself, it's a lot worse now than it was 10-15 years ago. Yes, kids have always been mean, and ganging up on the "fat kid" or the whatever is nothing new. But I just think kids these days have taken all that to a whole new level.I think it's worse because it's been allowed to become worse, not necessarily because teenagers are fundamentally different now than they used to be. I was in high school from 1992 to 1996, so right in that 10-15 years ago period, and there's no doubt that some of the ass kicking that went on would have been posted on the internet had it been technologically possible at the time.

whottt
04-12-2008, 09:44 PM

Don't kid yourself, it's a lot worse now than it was 10-15 years ago. Yes, kids have always been mean, and ganging up on the "fat kid" or the whatever is nothing new. But I just think kids these days have taken all that to a whole new level.

Yeah...you need to google the Salem Witch trials or something like that.

It used to be worse.......

whottt
04-12-2008, 09:48 PM
http://www.impawards.com/1976/posters/carrie.jpg

Maybe Steven King is to blame...if he hadn't made it up, none of this stuff would be happening now.

Seriously...they have media and PR campaigns about this sort of thing now, social workers who specialize in this sort of thing...

You think they had that stuff in the 1920s?

Beno Udrih
04-13-2008, 12:02 AM
I don't know where you guys went to school or grew up, but where I went and grew up there were always kids doing this sort of thing...and there was always some poor target.

Um yeah it's normal...IN COMPTON :lol ! DUDE! WTF? Where did you grow up? Cause where I grew up shit like this wasn't happening. I mean its not like I saw the vid and thought to my self, "Ah yes the good ole' days". Fights are fights, I agree. And I'd rather take a fist fight over a fight involving weapons any day. But this was only intended with the sole purpose of posting on you tube!?! Thats pretty fucked no matter how you try and look at it. Back in my day we fought for actual reasons. And as far as "bullying" went. I never witnessed anything to this extent.

Just because you probably grew up around this fucked up ish. Doesn't make it ok or right by any means.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Just more avenues for this to be publicized now. Nothing new, IMO.

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Just more avenues for this to be publicized now. Nothing new, IMO.

Well, that's the thing. These kids beat her up SOLELY for the purpose of posting a video on it on YouTube. Like they wanted to be famous or something.

04-13-2008, 12:23 AM
If there was such a thing years ago, kids would have done the same thing. In fact, I've seen this happen(guys, not girls) for nothing more than bragging rights.

Kids were/are and always will be stupid. Adults, too.

MannyIsGod
04-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Well, that's the thing. These kids beat her up SOLELY for the purpose of posting a video on it on YouTube. Like they wanted to be famous or something.Bad shit has been happening since the dawn of time. Humans are a violent species. The way that violence manifests itself may have change, but the inherent issues of humanity remain.

CuckingFunt
04-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Like they wanted to be famous or something.

And, of course, the sickest thing in all of this is that it was a successful strategy.

whottt
04-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Well, that's the thing. These kids beat her up SOLELY for the purpose of posting a video on it on YouTube. Like they wanted to be famous or something.

Just because they can reach a bigger audience doesn't mean the intent is drastically different...impressing their peers, a primordial motivation.

At the heart of this group is one or maybe two kids, punching buttons...to make themselves feel important...or perhaps it was done out of jealousy since this girl was a cheerleader.

But it's nothing new.

whottt
04-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Actually...youtube is probably a positive if you really want to know the truth of it...

1. Years ago if kids did something like this, it'd be their word VS the lone victims...which puts the authorities and judges on the spot of having to make a character judgement...and since they are kids, that judgement would probably be leneient and chalk it up to kids just being kids....and the beat up kid would feel even more worthless, and the mean kids even more untouchable.

2. And parents tend to not believe their kids capable of this kind of shit...so even domestic punishment would probably be little more than a slap on the wrist.

3. The kid may have felt too ashamed to go and get help on their own...maybe they think they deserved it for whatever reason...or question if they did something to deserve it by not conforming...and perhaps they'd still want acceptance, a usual trait with young girls who are victimized, and wouldn't report it because then they'd be even more ostracized.

However...because there is a video record of it...the kids were caught, the authorities have clear evidence of the severity of what these kids did, the parents are going to see exactly what their little angels did, and the girl is going to get help even if she may not have had the courage to seek it on her own.

whottt
04-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Um yeah it's normal...IN COMPTON :lol ! DUDE! WTF? Where did you grow up?

Austin Texas is where I went to grade school. Typical suburban middle class kid.

Cause where I grew up shit like this wasn't happening. I mean its not like I saw the vid and thought to my self, "Ah yes the good ole' days".

Fights are fights, I agree. And I'd rather take a fist fight over a fight involving weapons any day. But this was only intended with the sole purpose of posting on you tube!?! Thats pretty fucked no matter how you try and look at it. Back in my day we fought for actual reasons. And as far as "bullying" went. I never witnessed anything to this extent.

Just because you probably grew up around this fucked up ish. Doesn't make it ok or right by any means.

I have no idea what the fuck you are saying...do you?

#1. I didn't defend those kids actions. At any point, and whatever lead you to that conclusion was your own error. I didn't say ok or right...I said it's always happened and attributing it to youtube, or tv, is just plain old denial.

#2. You seem to be saying kids never ganged up kids unjustly for shallow, petty or even non-existent reasons, back in the old days...or out of motiviations like simple peer pressure and to gain acceptance.

You are saying these things always had a perfectly good reason for happening where you came from and in your past...you're wrong.

It's funny because you said you didn't think of the good old days when you saw that fight...

But that's exactly what you are doing...you are thinking of your own past as some bygone era, as some Utopian Golden Age where people were all naturally linked in the spirit of brotherhood unless provoked...and that all conflicts were basically justified and had an underlying logic in some form of justice or self defense.

You're wrong.

Of the two of us, your view is the one least based in any kind of reality, modern or otherwise.

Kids have hazed, tormented, and even killed other kids since the dawn of time...for little more than not fitting in, whether it was for physical or mental abnormalties, ethnic or religious background, as well as traditional movitations like jealousy and envy, or simply carrying on what they were taught in their homes...shit, the adults used to help them. In fact some of the teachers used to help them.

Hell..adults do it too. Always have.

Honestly...I think it used to be worse.

Since the advent of photography and film we are able to study ourselves as a species and get a much more clearer picture of our actions, motivations and habits. And definitely for our propensity for mob behavior.

I think the past had many advantages over our current way of life and in some ways was definitely superior, but it wasn't by any conscious decision on the part of the people usually...and I definitely don't think they were generally more enlightened, tolerant or self aware than we are now.

04-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Just saw the video and it wasn't 8 on 1 like the article made it seem. One chubby girl beating on another girl intermittently with other girls bitching in the background.

BFD.

EDIT: Christ, this is why I hate people:

Darlene and Jerry Ashley have the same last name as one of the underage suspects arrested in connection with the beating. And since being posted on You Tube, the couple's number and address has been copied to other web sites.

The Ashley's said they used to lead a quiet life until the video hit the Internet. The couple doesn't even have children.

Every few minutes their phone rings with someone wanting to tell the suspect exactly what they think of him.

"I'm calling from Brooklyn you fucking piece of shit," one caller said. "Let me tell you something, look out your fucking window. I'll slit your throat and beat the shit out of you."

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/4/10/338835.html?title=Lakeland%20couple%20being%20hara ssed%20because%20of%20beating%20video

Aren't there knappy headed hos dogfighting somewhere so the masses can focus their moral outrage elsewhere?

Avitus1
04-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Stupid kids this is so fucking wrong. I mean if you're going to attack someone dont film it..

ShoogarBear
04-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Um yeah it's normal...IN COMPTON :lol ! DUDE! WTF? Where did you grow up? Cause where I grew up shit like this wasn't happening. I mean its not like I saw the vid and thought to my self, "Ah yes the good ole' days". Fights are fights, I agree. And I'd rather take a fist fight over a fight involving weapons any day. But this was only intended with the sole purpose of posting on you tube!?! Thats pretty fucked no matter how you try and look at it. Back in my day we fought for actual reasons. And as far as "bullying" went. I never witnessed anything to this extent.

Just because you probably grew up around this fucked up ish. Doesn't make it ok or right by any means.If you really think stuff like this only happens in "Compton", then you must either be the most sheltered person in the country, or living in extreme denial.

Anyone remember Glen Ridge? Another memory of the good old days: http://www.nytimes.com/books/97/08/03/reviews/glenridge-verdict.html

March 17, 1993

4 Are Convicted in Sexual Abuse Of Retarded New Jersey Woman

By ROBERT HANLEY

NEWARK, -- Three former high school football players from Glen Ridge, N.J., were convicted here today on charges of sexually assaulting a retarded friend with a baseball bat and a broom handle after enticing her into a basement with the promise of a date in March 1989. A fourth defendant was convicted of one count of conspiracy and acquitted of all other charges.

Although the three, Christopher Archer and Kevin and Kyle Scherzer, were acquitted of six charges, the jury returned guilty verdicts on the most inflammatory charges in the case -- that popular high school athletes clustered around a childlike 17-year-old schoolmate who idolized them and coveted their friendship and then thrust a bat and broom into her. A central issue in the 23-week trial was whether the young woman, who has an I.Q. of 64, was mentally defective as defined by the law, unable to understand or exercise her right to refuse to engage in sex acts.

Kyle Smith
04-13-2008, 03:11 PM
MySpace is the anti-Christ for children.

lmfao.

Heath Ledger
04-13-2008, 06:49 PM
I can't wait to see this fight release on Blu Ray. I wonder if Amazon is taking pre-orders..

BonnerDynasty
04-13-2008, 06:52 PM
I have been exposed to Sex and Violence for a long time yet my parents taught me right and wrong.

Video Games, movies, all that other bullshit only affect the kids with low intelligence and a shitty upbringing.

There's just a lot of idiots out there. It's cool though, because they usually find each other first.

spursfan09
04-13-2008, 09:13 PM

I heard they also did it because supposedly she was saying shit, but yeah the motivation was to post on youtube as well.

johngateswhiteley
04-14-2008, 03:23 AM
this is unreal...and so are some of the responses. just another example of sensationalism and the media. did these girls make a mistake? ...sure, but it wasn't *that* big a deal...punish them and move on. if these girls spend any time in some sort of juvenile hall or jail, that would be as outrageous as the attention this story has already gotten. what a fucking joke...and waste of time. give them house arrest and move on...

johngateswhiteley
04-14-2008, 03:24 AM
Kids have always done stuff like this...it doesn't have anything to do with TV or movies. Kids can just be mean. Most of it just stupidity on the part of kids until this sort of thing happens to them. Then some will learn, what it feels like and elect to not do things to people that they wouldn't like done to them, and others don't learn that lesson. Some of the kids it's done too get over it and others carry emotional scars over it for years.

Most of the time kids do this stuff they think it'll make them feel bigger or most important...they feel like they it'll make them belong. After it's done some of them realize it's shitty to do and it doesn't make them feel bigger or better, and others it actually does make them feel bigger and better.

But it's hardly anything new....and it's hardly restricted to America.

Whether it some kid that stands out because of the way he looks...
Or a bunch of guys getting some girl drunk and gangbanging her and then treating her like garabage...

Teens do that kind of shit.

Kids can be vicious, and they aren't usually innocent angels by the time they hit their teens, they just know how to manipulate their parents naivete and denial...pull your heads out of the sand.

wow...probably the only post you've ever made where i am in 100% agreement. nice.

smeagol
04-14-2008, 06:58 AM
did these girls make a mistake? ...sure

That is all they did. A mistake :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

You are a fucking retard . . .

johngateswhiteley
04-14-2008, 07:06 AM
That is all they did. A mistake :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

You are a fucking retard . . .

you must enjoy not paying attention. good on ya.

thispego
04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
i am of the belief that they should be made an example of :wakeup

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2008, 12:24 PM
this is unreal...and so are some of the responses. just another example of sensationalism and the media. did these girls make a mistake? ...sure, but it wasn't *that* big a deal...punish them and move on. if these girls spend any time in some sort of juvenile hall or jail, that would be as outrageous as the attention this story has already gotten. what a fucking joke...and waste of time. give them house arrest and move on...

It's called assault, you stupid fuck.

Beating someone's face in wasn't that big a deal? Tell me you're kidding.

Tell you what, post your address here, we'll send some folks over to beat your ass to near death and then see how you feel about it.

Unreal...

balli
04-14-2008, 12:37 PM
The thing about it is this- this incident is just a microcosm of a nationwide problem we have with raising materialistic, sinister, MTV/alcohol worshipping, self-important bitches. And its a damn shame. From this one incident I can glean and assume all I want about these girls. It's a litmus test for their worth as humans as far as I'm concerned. And they've failed.

How about instead of letting these cunts off with a slap on the wrist you actually punish the fuck out of them, so that they might, just maybe, avoid a future as materialistic, sinister, money-grubbing women who are incapable of thinking about anything or anyone but themselves. Exactly, make a fucking example of them.

smeagol
04-14-2008, 12:40 PM
you must enjoy not paying attention. good on ya.

I pay attention, that is why I called you a fucking retard . . .

Dex
04-14-2008, 12:56 PM
The girls wanted publicity, and they got it. They escalated and exaggerated everything they did to that poor girl by not only video-taping it, but by publicizing it on the internet. Now that it's gained national media exposure and such a huge amount of attention, then yes, I believe they should expect to get a harsher punishment for it.

What if some creep broadcast a rape or a murder? Do you think that would affect the verdict? Do you think he would get less leniency and a bigger consequence? I'd bet he would, and rightly so.

I agree that things like this happen all the time. Last time I went to court for a traffic offense, about 2/3s of the other people there seemed to be in for some kind of violence or assault.

But these girls are also responsible for this exploding in the public eye, and that magnifies the whole situation. It should magnify the consequences respectively.

On a personal note, those girls are little bitches and deserve whats comin' to em.

CuckingFunt
04-14-2008, 01:40 PM
The thing about it is this- this incident is just a microcosm of a nationwide problem we have with raising materialistic, sinister, MTV/alcohol worshipping, self-important bitches. And its a damn shame. From this one incident I can glean and assume all I want about these girls. It's a litmus test for their worth as humans as far as I'm concerned. And they've failed.

How about instead of letting these cunts off with a slap on the wrist you actually punish the fuck out of them, so that they might, just maybe, avoid a future as materialistic, sinister, money-grubbing women who are incapable of thinking about anything or anyone but themselves. Exactly, make a fucking example of them.
This country has been entirely too focused on punishment for... ever, and it hasn't worked. We've made so many examples it's not even funny, but things aren't getting better. When do we finally start to turn our focus to the thoughts/beliefs/attitudes/societal priorities that are causing this type of behavior?

It does no good for anyone to condemn these girls for seeking fame by beating the shit out of someone on the internets while we're all sitting here discussing it on a message board. They wanted to beat this girl up, they wanted to post it on the internet, they wanted attention for it, and it worked. Until the day comes that a youtube video of cruelty is no longer a successful strategy for gaining noteriety, this behavior isn't going to change, and throwing those girls in jail forever and ever and always isn't going to have an impact on that trend one way or the other.

balli
04-14-2008, 01:56 PM
When do we finally start to turn our focus to the thoughts/beliefs/attitudes/societal priorities that are causing this type of behavior?
I'd love to tear down the walls of babylon, but it isn't going to happen. As far as I'm concerned the world's done. I'd be all for turning our focus to those things, but in reality all I can do is be responsible for my own life and values. Unfortunately that won't change shit

this behavior isn't going to change, and throwing those girls in jail forever and ever and always isn't going to have an impact on that trend one way or the other.
And you're right throwing them in jail probably won't change anything for anyone else, but at least they'd be miserable.

Besides, I wasn't advocating jail time. Laws prevent what I'd like to see happen to them.

JoeChalupa
04-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Whether or not incidents such as these have or have not happened in the past is not the point. The girl was assaulted and those facts cannot be disputed. Let the judge decide on the penalty based on the law.

midgetonadonkey
04-14-2008, 02:07 PM
I just watched the video and it didn't seem like that bad of an ass kicking. I've seen much worse. I don't see what all the fuss is about. Could it be because it involved a white cheerleader getting beat? :stirpot:

JoeChalupa
04-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I just watched the video and it didn't seem like that bad of an ass kicking. I've seen much worse. I don't see what all the fuss is about. Could it be because it involved a white cheerleader getting beat? :stirpot:

From what I've read she got beat up pretty good. I don't know too many parents who would think this is nothing to fuss about if if were their child who was the victim. But I could be wrong.

midgetonadonkey
04-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I understand if their child is the victim but there are hundreds of beatings like this everyday. Many of them videotaped and put on websites like youtube and psfights.com so why not the outrage over every one?

peewee's lovechild
04-14-2008, 02:25 PM
I just saw the video.

It's not this "savage" thing everyone is making it out to be.
But, the chick did get her ass kicked.

She was doing plenty of talking, so I'm not sure it was the beatdown everyone is saying it's supposed to be.

My question is: Where the fuck were the parents?

This happened in someone's house.

Anyway, it's just a bunch of bratty white kids high on meth or something.

peewee's lovechild
04-14-2008, 02:26 PM
I understand if their child is the victim but there are hundreds of beatings like this everyday. Many of them videotaped and put on websites like youtube and psfights.com so why not the outrage over every one?

Like white kids who get kidnapped, this is getting a lot of attention because there were white cheerleaders involved.

That's all there is to it.

JoeChalupa
04-14-2008, 02:29 PM

I AM outraged over every one of them. All should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

whottt
04-14-2008, 02:30 PM
wow...probably the only post you've ever made where i am in 100% agreement. nice.

How in the hell you think we are in agreement is beyond me...

I just said it's always happpened...I didn't say it was no big deal.

There's a difference.

midgetonadonkey
04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
http://psfights.com/fight-video-2376.htm

Why wasn't this fight all over national news? This beating is far more brutal than this one. This girl actually gets her head beat down on concrete several times.

JoeChalupa
04-14-2008, 02:35 PM

Why wasn't this fight all over national news? This beating is far more brutal than this one. This girl actually gets her head beat down on concrete several times.

I agree. But the brutality of the beating is not what breaks the law but the act of the assault.

midgetonadonkey
04-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I agree. But the brutality of the beating is not what breaks the law but the act of the assault.

So shouldn't ever single act of assault get this type of national outcry?

peewee's lovechild
04-14-2008, 02:39 PM

Those are Latinas.

Apparently, the national media thinks that Latinos and Black naturally act this way.

The cheerleaders made headlines because of the fact that they are white.

I'm actually quite offened by this.

JoeChalupa
04-14-2008, 02:41 PM
So shouldn't ever single act of assault get this type of national outcry?

Well, I must admit that a slap to the face is not as news worthy as somebody getting their skull smashed in. I see the point you are trying to make. Same crime but different coverage from the media. I see it happen all the time.

peewee's lovechild
04-14-2008, 02:42 PM
I found this little nugget on the interwebs:

"Update: On a blog representing itself as Mercedes Nichols MySpace page, thanks to a tip from a commenter, the blog says “f*** ya’ll. I’d do it again.” The blog is loaded with confederate flags and offensive racial language. She claims to be a Christian and want children someday, while her interests include “Networking, Dating, Serious Relationships, Friends.” In one of her photos, she claims to own camouflage gear for killing in the woods and advises that her enemies stay out of the woods. Ms. Nichols attends Mulberry High School with the victim, Victoria Lindsay."

midgetonadonkey
04-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Those are Latinas.

Apparently, the national media thinks that Latinos and Black naturally act this way.

The cheerleaders made headlines because of the fact that they are white.

I'm actually quite offened by this.

Just for the people that are going to say it's because it was 2 on 1 and not a 1 on 1 fight.

http://psfights.com/fight-video-2346.htm

I don't recall any new coverage of this one.

peewee's lovechild
04-14-2008, 02:44 PM
I hate this kids:

"Some of the girls laughed and joked when they were arrested and asked the police of they would be out in time to make it to cheerleader practice. Others wondered if their detention would be so long it would keep them from going to the beach."

TheSanityAnnex
04-14-2008, 02:48 PM
I've seen fights MUCH WORSE from all sorts of races, genders, numbers etc. This fight was weak and is getting way to much coverage.

JoeChalupa
04-14-2008, 02:49 PM
I hate this kids:

"Some of the girls laughed and joked when they were arrested and asked the police of they would be out in time to make it to cheerleader practice. Others wondered if their detention would be so long it would keep them from going to the beach."

It apparent to me that some of these girls do not understand the concept of "consequences for your actions" and they need to learn....the hard way with a nice hard slap of reality.

JoeChalupa
04-14-2008, 02:51 PM
I've seen fights MUCH WORSE from all sorts of races, genders, numbers etc. This fight was weak and is getting way to much coverage.

Doesn't change the fact that an assault occurred and what does the amount of coverage have to do with anything?

midgetonadonkey
04-14-2008, 02:56 PM
http://psfights.com/fight-video-68.htm

Same type of situation and happens in a classroom no less. I can't find cnn articles on this one either.

TheSanityAnnex
04-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Doesn't change the fact that an assault occurred and what does the amount of coverage have to do with anything?Never said an assault didn't occur.

It wasn't very brutal, and I've seen beatings much worse on the internet. I don't see why it is getting so much attention.

TheSanityAnnex
04-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Like white kids who get kidnapped, this is getting a lot of attention because there were white cheerleaders involved.

That's all there is to it.Do you know how many brutal fights between white girls I could post on her that have never gotten media attention? This has nothing to do with the girls being white.

JoeChalupa
04-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Never said an assault didn't occur.

It wasn't very brutal, and I've seen beatings much worse on the internet. I don't see why it is getting so much attention.

I guess it just hit youtube and took off from there. Another thing is that there are still many people who have not had the shock value of these incidents worn off by the internet or graphic violence. For those who have seen more graphic and brutal beatings, this incident, may pale in comparison so they don't see what the big deal is. But for those who are not use to seeing this kind of reality it does shock them and they want justice!! That may be a reason.

midgetonadonkey
04-14-2008, 03:19 PM
This girl gets beat with a bottle and eventually passes out. Where's Nancy Grace with this one?

http://psfights.com/fight-video-240.htm

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-14-2008, 03:34 PM
This story is getting so much play because it gives the traditional media a chance to villify the internet that is rapidly making them obsolete. And they get to pat themselves on the back while giving America another boogieman to fear since drug dealers and terrorists are getting to be kind of played out.

peewee's lovechild
04-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Do you know how many brutal fights between white girls I could post on her that have never gotten media attention? This has nothing to do with the girls being white.

How many of those are rich, white, spoiled cheerleaders?

johngateswhiteley
04-14-2008, 03:45 PM

...it really isn't that big of a deal.

lebomb
04-14-2008, 03:48 PM
......its the fact they held her HOSTAGE. A fight in the middle of the street is one thing......but whippin someones ass and not letting them get out the door is another.

johngateswhiteley
04-14-2008, 03:55 PM
It's called assault, you stupid fuck.

Beating someone's face in wasn't that big a deal? Tell me you're kidding.

Tell you what, post your address here, we'll send some folks over to beat your ass to near death and then see how you feel about it.

Unreal...

to near death? ...lol. you're beyond ridiculous. you and the other crazy posters...i don't even know what to do with you.

whottt
04-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Just saw the video...

My major observation is GOT DAMN Lakeland FLA has some ugly fucking cheerleaders.

BacktoBasics
04-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Who cares that it gets less coverage than any other event. Timing is everything and the story just stuck out probably because there wasn't much else to report on or it took off from the right source on the right day. It doesn't fucking matter and its a lot more relevant that Lindsey's or Britneys snatch.

The fact of the matter is that the society we live in makes provision for fucking everything and if there isn't a good excuse for something by god someone will make one.

Too god damn much tolerance for young adults has created a world where kids feel they can do what they please without serious consequences. This world has failed miserably at taking one on one unique approaches to each and every situation and hadling them accordingly. Everything has to be referenced to something else to the point of fucking nothing.

oh you're a minor...the beating wasn't all that bad...you weren't all that serious....tv and media made it worse than it really was...we can fix this.

johngateswhiteley
04-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Who cares that it gets less coverage than any other event. Timing is everything and the story just stuck out probably because there wasn't much else to report on or it took off from the right source on the right day. It doesn't fucking matter and its a lot more relevant that Lindsey's or Britneys snatch.

The fact of the matter is that the society we live in makes provision for fucking everything and if there isn't a good excuse for something by god someone will make one.

Too god damn much tolerance for young adults has created a world where kids feel they can do what they please without serious consequences. This world has failed miserably at taking one on one unique approaches to each and every situation and hadling them accordingly. Everything has to be referenced to something else to the point of fucking nothing.

oh you're a minor...the beating wasn't all that bad...you weren't all that serious....tv and media made it worse than it really was...we can fix this.

i agree with most of what you said, but heavily punishing these girls solves nothing; ruining their lives or part of them only compounds the issues. they're kids and anyone who thinks they should spend major time in rehabilitation or some type of holding system...has no fucking clue about the world.

i am big on personal responsibility, but its obvious now more than ever, the majority have no idea how to apply it.

TheSanityAnnex
04-14-2008, 04:15 PM
How many of those are rich, white, spoiled cheerleaders?I can't answer that question seeing that youtube doesn't provide income statements when checking out a users profile.

And where exactly did you get your information? I've read many articles and have yet to find one that called the girls "rich, white, spoiled cheerleaders".

peewee's lovechild
04-14-2008, 04:19 PM
I can't answer that question seeing that youtube doesn't provide income statements when checking out a users profile.

And where exactly did you get your information? I've read many articles and have yet to find one that called the girls "rich, white, spoiled cheerleaders".

Well, they weren't doing that in the projects.

johngateswhiteley
04-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Well, they weren't doing that in the projects.

i highly doubt these were 'rich' cheerleaders. looked like more of a white trash outing than anything else. nice assumption though.

TheSanityAnnex
04-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Well, they weren't doing that in the projects.Parents of charged teen................looks so high class and richhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-cfbriefs07_308apr07,0,1693799.story?track=rss

TheSanityAnnex
04-14-2008, 04:44 PM
White Girls fighting.......................tons of media attention. :rolleyes

gBUhWnOfnKE

TheSanityAnnex
04-14-2008, 04:46 PM
ehdtcRbtLoE

Rich, white, spoiled cheerleaders fighting.

BacktoBasics
04-14-2008, 04:47 PM
i agree with most of what you said, but heavily punishing these girls solves nothing; ruining their lives or part of them only compounds the issues. they're kids and anyone who thinks they should spend major time in rehabilitation or some type of holding system...has no fucking clue about the world.

i am big on personal responsibility, but its obvious now more than ever, the majority have no idea how to apply it.Well I'm not exactly saying lengthy sentence. There should be some correctional facility time because I'm sure none of them feel they commited a "real" crime. There should be some community service post release. Not just mopping up at the local soup house either. They need some time doing real work and seeing what being an average fuck up results in. There should be a long long long probation, Minimum 5 years of reporting. NO drivers license until 18 or 21.

degenerate_gambler
04-14-2008, 04:59 PM
White Girls fighting.......................tons of media attention. :rolleyes

gBUhWnOfnKE

stupid fight....no clothes were ripped off.

degenerate_gambler
04-14-2008, 05:00 PM
ehdtcRbtLoE

Rich, white, spoiled cheerleaders fighting.

thank God no clothes were ripped off in this fight..

Ronaldo McDonald
04-14-2008, 05:03 PM
These chicks need to get their hands on grand theft auto or some shit. All that bottled up anger that I have is released when I play that game. When I'm really pissed I put in the gun codes. I get the rocket launcher, the chainsaw, the m16 and I kill everyone in my vicinity.

IMO, the having/playing an xbox/GTA should be mandated by the government. You should have to play a minimum of two hours a week. It's an advanced stress ball that everyone should take full advantage of.

BacktoBasics
04-14-2008, 05:08 PM
These chicks need to get their hands on grand theft auto or some shit. All that bottled up anger that I have is released when I play that game. When I'm really pissed I put in the gun codes. I get the rocket launcher, the chainsaw, the m16 and I kill everyone in my vicinity.

IMO, the having/playing an xbox/GTA should be mandated by the government. You should have to play a minimum of two hours a week. It's an advanced stress ball that everyone should take full advantage of.yeah because being fat and lazy and never getting out of the house for real activity is the best thing for 'merica's youth.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-14-2008, 05:09 PM
yup.

CuckingFunt
04-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Those are Latinas.

I don't think the media actually thinks that Latinos and Blacks naturally act this way, but they're damn sure going to do as much as they possibly can to convince everyone else that's the case.

Do you honestly think that the rich, white folks who are in a position to change some of the systems that promote and exploit these fear would stand for the horrible way this country marginalizes our minority races and classes if they DIDN'T think that all the brown people were dangerous and scary? Of course not. This country depends on fear propoganda and a clear separation of "us" from "them" in order for those currently in power to maintain their power.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-14-2008, 05:10 PM
btw, it's two hours. I never said spend your whole fucking day playing it.

midgetonadonkey
04-14-2008, 05:39 PM
I blame rap music.

remingtonbo2001
04-14-2008, 06:20 PM
I blame Ted Turner.

peewee's lovechild
04-14-2008, 07:17 PM
I blame Brittney.

TheSanityAnnex
04-14-2008, 08:06 PM
I thought you were blaming rich, spoiled, white cheerleaders?

Dex
04-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Every one of these other videos shows a fight. Two people or more people mutually attacking one another. If you get in a fight, then you can expect to get some ass kickin'

The girl who got the shit beat out of her wasn't fighting back. She got tricked into going to a house full of girls who sit around and laugh as multiple people try to pound her in the head or face. All she does is try to run, and they trap her inside. And this all apparently happens AFTER they had knocked her unconscious once.

I've already said that the only reason this got so much publicity is because it hit YouTube.

But yeah, go ahead and justify what happened because you can find bigger fights on the internet. :rolleyes

johngateswhiteley
04-14-2008, 09:13 PM
But yeah, go ahead and justify what happened because you can find bigger fights on the internet. :rolleyes

are you educated? i hope you haven't wasted any money on college or private schooling...fucking hell.

TheSanityAnnex
04-14-2008, 09:15 PM
But yeah, go ahead and justify what happened because you can find bigger fights on the internet. :rolleyesI'm not justifying anything that happened. I'm showing peewee how stupid he sounds saying it only got media attention because it was spoiled, rich, white girls.

midgetonadonkey
04-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Every one of these other videos shows a fight. Two people or more people mutually attacking one another. If you get in a fight, then you can expect to get some ass kickin'

The girl who got the shit beat out of her wasn't fighting back. She got tricked into going to a house full of girls who sit around and laugh as multiple people try to pound her in the head or face. All she does is try to run, and they trap her inside. And this all apparently happens AFTER they had knocked her unconscious once.

I've already said that the only reason this got so much publicity is because it hit YouTube.

I believe I showed a couple of videos where it was more than just a 1 on 1 situation. The girl could have and should have fought back. Anyone here would have at least thrown a punch back or tried to use one of the many objects around the house as a weapon to get herself free.

I still think the whole reason of the public outcry is because it was a white girl.

whottt
04-15-2008, 12:17 AM
This girl gets beat with a bottle and eventually passes out. Where's Nancy Grace with this one?

http://psfights.com/fight-video-240.htm

That's freaking brutal.

That one chick was stupid for continuing to fight when the other chick had that bottle though.

peewee's lovechild
04-15-2008, 08:20 AM
I thought you were blaming rich, spoiled, white cheerleaders?

I blame them too.

smeagol
04-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Whoever thinks this incident is "no big deal" is a retard.

Those girls should be punished to the full extent of the law.

Dex
04-15-2008, 10:03 AM
are you educated? i hope you haven't wasted any money on college or private schooling...fucking hell.

Give me a break. You don't need a college education to realize when people are being criminals, and deserve to be treated as such.

I don't really give a shit about their race or religion or wealth. If you pull a stupid stunt like this and get caught doing it, you deserve to be punished. It's their own fault for making a video completely incriminating themselves, and putting it out where everybody could see it.

And the girl was smart to not fight back, because otherwise it would've been easier for the kids parents and lawyers to dismiss it as 'just another juvenile fight'.

By the way, I have a degree. I just didn't realize that gave you reason to be a jackass these days.

smeagol
04-15-2008, 10:26 AM
The girl could have and should have fought back. Anyone here would have at least thrown a punch back or tried to use one of the many objects around the house as a weapon to get herself free.

Yes.

It's the girls fault for not fighting back.

:tu

mardigan
04-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Now youn are exagerating!

A society that wants to put extreme fighting in a prime time spot of a big network?

Nah . . . what's wrong with two dudes kicking the shit out of each other in a cage in front of a celebrating crowd?
Yea, because older generations didnt have wrestling, boxing, or any other violent spectacles to watch in their youth. Im surprised you didnt try and include the NFL. Those girls have something wrong with them, and Im guessing it didnt have anything too do with what they watched on television.

smeagol
04-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Yea, because older generations didnt have wrestling, boxing, or any other violent spectacles to watch in their youth.

When did I say that this generation is less violent than the one before?

Actually, 2,000 years ago people went to arenas to see other people fight to the death, or eaten by lions.

Im surprised you didnt try and include the NFL.

Great analogy!

:bang

Those girls have something wrong with them, and Im guessing it didnt have anything too do with what they watched on television.

Who knows?

At least we agree that there is something wrong with those girls.

mardigan
04-15-2008, 11:10 AM

johngateswhiteley
04-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Give me a break. You don't need a college education to realize when people are being criminals, and deserve to be treated as such.

I don't really give a shit about their race or religion or wealth. If you pull a stupid stunt like this and get caught doing it, you deserve to be punished. It's their own fault for making a video completely incriminating themselves, and putting it out where everybody could see it.

And the girl was smart to not fight back, because otherwise it would've been easier for the kids parents and lawyers to dismiss it as 'just another juvenile fight'.

By the way, I have a degree. I just didn't realize that gave you reason to be a jackass these days.

...based on your response, you have no idea what i was referring to, which is sad since i quoted you. your last sentence is irrelevant.