PDA

View Full Version : Weird Noises

Los Spurs
04-09-2008, 10:32 AM
My husband and I recently moved in to an older home off of Loop 410 South.
This home is on a 3 acre lot very beautiful and all, except that recently I've been waking up to some weird noises. At first I hear a lot of people talking but I can't seem to understand what they are saying. It seems like they are talking in a different language. Once that stops I start hearing some damn singing, like choir type. The sad thing is that only I hear it. I try waking up my husband to see if he hears it too and he tells me he doesn't.
A priest has already came by to bless the house but that doesn't seem to help. Actually I think I'm hearing these voices and singing a lot more now. A friend from work thinks there's ghost in my house. :cry

Ballcox
04-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Get OUT.

NOW. :lol

Los Spurs
04-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Get OUT.

NOW. :lol

Gee, I wish it was that easy... :depressed
We just bought the house 2 months ago.

But, seriously... I can't sleep at night and I'm falling asleep at work :sleep

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Gee, I wish it was that easy... :depressed
We just bought the house 2 months ago.

But, seriously... I can't sleep at night and I'm falling asleep at work :sleep

Is this the house?

http://www.reelingreviews.com/theamityvillehorrorpic2.jpg

mrsmaalox
04-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Scary. So you're the only one who hears it? Do you have a dog, does he act like he hears it? You know it has been breezy lately, and sound can travel pretty far; has it been going on for a while? I have absolutely no idea what's going on; I would just be freaking out big time if it was me.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Try having sex with the ghost.

CuckingFunt
04-09-2008, 10:45 AM
When in doubt, exorcise. I find it's the best solution to almost any problem.

to21
04-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Wear ear muffs.

Do you have pets?

mrsmaalox
04-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Try having sex with the ghost.

Now there's a good idea, LS. And if that doesn't work, have Peewee have sex with him---that'll scare off anything.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Now there's a good idea, LS. And if that doesn't work, have Peewee have sex with him---that'll scare off anything.

A little too cold for me.

Hey, even I have limits.

mrsmaalox
04-09-2008, 10:49 AM
When in doubt, exorcise. I find it's the best solution to almost any problem.

I thought it said exercise :lol

Soul_Patch
04-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Have you ever thought you could possibly be Schizophrenic?

Schizophrenia, from the Greek roots schizein (σχίζειν, "to split") and phrēn, phren- (φρήν, φρεν-, "mind"), is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental illness characterized by impairments in the perception or expression of reality, most commonly manifesting as auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions or disorganized speech and thinking in the context of significant social or occupational dysfunction. Onset of symptoms typically occurs in young adulthood,[1] with approximately 0.4–0.6%[2][3] of the population affected. Diagnosis is based on the patient's self-reported experiences and observed behavior. No laboratory test for schizophrenia exists.

Los Spurs
04-09-2008, 10:53 AM
It's been going on for about a month now... I have 2 dogs and neither one of them barks or anything. The neighbors from across the street were telling me that the people that lived at the house prior to us, complained about something similar.

Los Spurs
04-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Is this the house?

http://www.reelingreviews.com/theamityvillehorrorpic2.jpg

:nope

MoSpur
04-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Pray for your house on your own. You could be looking forward to hearing it now. That may keep causing you to lose sleep. Obviously you're fine if you're posting about it here. So pay no mind to it and fall asleep.

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 10:56 AM
It's been going on for about a month now... I have 2 dogs and neither one of them barks or anything. The neighbors from across the street were telling me that the people that lived at the house prior to us, complained about something similar.

That sucks, where were they when you were closing on the house?

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Pray for your house on your own. You could be looking forward to hearing it now. That may keep causing you to lose sleep. Obviously you're fine if you're posting about it here. So pay no mind to it and fall asleep.

Call the Ghost Hunters guys at TAPS. I love that show even though I don't believe in ghosts.

JoeChalupa
04-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Drink some wine before bed.

Summers
04-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Tell them it's your house now and to go away.

Los Spurs
04-09-2008, 11:01 AM

Thank you. I'm just afraid that it will never go away and I'm stuck with a damn 30 year mortgage. I saw a program some time ago of homes that had bad spirits in them. It was creepy how some people literally had to sell their homes to avoid them. There was even one couple who always had their stuff hidden from them by the ghosts.

Fillmoe
04-09-2008, 11:02 AM
tell em only english is allowed in the house

Los Spurs
04-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Tell them it's your house now and to go away.

Believe it or not, I did that the other night and the noises stopped for about 2 days. Then they started up again. I was doing some research online and it says that there might be money buried under that house.

I'm off to Lowe's after work to buy me a shovel.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 11:05 AM
I was doing some research online and it says that there might be money buried under that house.

Or some bodies of Indians that were buried there when it was considered sacred ground before the white man came in and built some houses on it.

Call Craig T. Nelson.

Los Spurs
04-09-2008, 11:07 AM

Sorry, but this comment made me laugh :lol

thispego
04-09-2008, 11:16 AM
My husband and I recently moved in to an older home off of Loop 410 South.
This home is on a 3 acre lot very beautiful and all, except that recently I've been waking up to some weird noises. At first I hear a lot of people talking but I can't seem to understand what they are saying. It seems like they are talking in a different language. Once that stops I start hearing some damn singing, like choir type. The sad thing is that only I hear it. I try waking up my husband to see if he hears it too and he tells me he doesn't.
A priest has already came by to bless the house but that doesn't seem to help. Actually I think I'm hearing these voices and singing a lot more now. A friend from work thinks there's ghost in my house. :cry
well you're the only one who thinks peewee is funny also so maybhe it is just you

Los Spurs
04-09-2008, 11:31 AM
well you're the only one who thinks peewee is funny also so maybhe it is just you

TDMVPDPOY
04-09-2008, 11:40 AM
give these guys a call

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/teflondoc/motivators/asianghostbuster.jpg

bobbybob0
04-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Believe it or not, I did that the other night and the noises stopped for about 2 days. Then they started up again. I was doing some research online and it says that there might be money buried under that house.

I'm off to Lowe's after work to buy me a shovel.

Definitely schizophrenic

Los Spurs
04-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Definitely schizophrenic

I'm taking MoSpurs advice. I'm going to maintain myself in prayer in my new home and hope for the best.

Thanks to all of you for your comments

Fillmoe
04-09-2008, 11:58 AM
All in your head...

MoSpur
04-09-2008, 12:26 PM

I'm taking MoSpurs advice. I'm going to maintain myself in prayer in my new home and hope for the best.

Thanks to all of you for your comments

Do that. You can't let some strange noises rob you of your sleep. Especially of you're the only one hearing them.

Fillmoe
04-09-2008, 12:31 PM
maybe you have terrorists living under your house....

BacktoBasics
04-09-2008, 12:34 PM
The key here is that you said it was about a 3 acre lot. I own 2 acres out in a small nearly empty neighborhood. Sounds have a tendency to really carry far when you've got space and little to know city noise.

I'd never hear a neighbor talking in a regular subdivision 150 feet away but I can hear a conversation nearly 6 lots down pretty regularly when I go out there. Thats six two acre lots down. Thats pretty far to pick up a convo. Shit just travels when there is space involved almost more like a echo.

I'm willing to bet your hearing stuff from a lot further away than you could ever imagine.

mrsmaalox
04-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Or some bodies of Indians that were buried there when it was considered sacred ground before the white man came in and built some houses on it.

Call Craig T. Nelson.

I thought of that too. Maybe you could get a consult from some major Native American person. And put up a bunch of dreamcatchers.

ORION
04-09-2008, 12:37 PM
We should have a GTG at the house !

Sonia_TX
04-09-2008, 01:45 PM
My moms house is haunted but we've just gotten used to it since she's had the house since my sister and I were little (30 years plus). A few of the family members, myself included, have heard people talking too. The ghosts don't really bother us much but once in a while something will happen. They're friendly though and the only 'hurtful' thing they have done is pull my cousins hair. haha But I can remember things happening even when I was in Kindergarten. We had this piano that would play one low note in the middle of the night and I would have slumber parties and my friends would hear it. There are so many stories.

tlongII
04-09-2008, 02:10 PM
No ghosts. You're just crazy.

Los Spurs
04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
No ghosts. You're just crazy.

The neighbors across the street mentioned that the previous owners of that house experienced something similar. Therefore, I'm not crazy :dizzy

But thanks for your comment.

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 02:26 PM
My moms house is haunted but we've just gotten used to it since she's had the house since my sister and I were little (30 years plus). A few of the family members, myself included, have heard people talking too. The ghosts don't really bother us much but once in a while something will happen. They're friendly though and the only 'hurtful' thing they have done is pull my cousins hair. haha But I can remember things happening even when I was in Kindergarten. We had this piano that would play one low note in the middle of the night and I would have slumber parties and my friends would hear it. There are so many stories.

Where do you get your weed?

BacktoBasics
04-09-2008, 02:32 PM
The neighbors across the street mentioned that the previous owners of that house experienced something similar. Therefore, I'm not crazy :dizzy

But thanks for your comment.I'm willing to be that noise channels right to that house for some reason. Thats why they heard it too.

florige
04-09-2008, 03:00 PM

:lol :lol :lol You are talking about it like it's a normal everyday thing. The hell with that if what you're saying I would be staying at a hotel or something. :lol

Taco
04-09-2008, 03:11 PM
:lol

We should have a GTG at the house !

http://www.funfilesandsmiles.com/smileys/PartyTime.gif :lmao

Pray for your house on your own.

AND SPRINKLE SOME http://www.themysticcorner.com/images/gmis0013.jpg THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE

Shelly
04-09-2008, 03:13 PM
If you start hearing someone say REDRUM, then gtfo!

tlongII
04-09-2008, 03:21 PM

Nope. You're crazy.

Sonia_TX
04-09-2008, 06:17 PM
:lol :lol :lol You are talking about it like it's a normal everyday thing. The hell with that if what you're saying I would be staying at a hotel or something. :lol

It is normal to us now since it's been so long and they don't hurt us. My grandfather would see and hear a lot of stuff but since he passed on in 2005 we don't have many events. I think the scariest event had to be one morning (around 2 or 3 am) my mom went to check on the dog since it was supposed to be a really cold night. As she walked passed the front window on her way to the bedroom she heard a little girl laughing outside on the front porch. I think if I heard that I would freak out but stuff that has happened to me hasn't been that extreme.

And ATRAIN I have never done that stuff believe it or not. :nope

tlongII
04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Crazy people in this thread...

braeden0613
04-09-2008, 06:44 PM
The key here is that you said it was about a 3 acre lot. I own 2 acres out in a small nearly empty neighborhood. Sounds have a tendency to really carry far when you've got space and little to know city noise.

I'd never hear a neighbor talking in a regular subdivision 150 feet away but I can hear a conversation nearly 6 lots down pretty regularly when I go out there. Thats six two acre lots down. Thats pretty far to pick up a convo. Shit just travels when there is space involved almost more like a echo.

I'm willing to bet your hearing stuff from a lot further away than you could ever imagine.
plus the house is off 410 south...so the neighbors might be talking in another language :lol

stress
04-09-2008, 07:15 PM
i think i could be a big help i do ghost dective work myself for fun me and my friend id be more than welling to make sure its not just you!! we can record some evps !! maybe a little of video too but make sure you know were most of the boices are coming from what part of the house etc.... you might have a high emf reading around your house is there alot of power lines by your house!!

PEP
04-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Make the best of it and charge admission to your house in October for Halloween.

Twisted_Dawg
04-09-2008, 11:18 PM

Did the sellers list that on the disclosure list? If not, then sue them.

Twisted_Dawg
04-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Loop 410 South??

Maybe it is the Southton Road Ghost that has moved into your house.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tips/getAttraction.php?tip_AttractionNo=%3D1298

Phil Hellmuth
04-10-2008, 12:52 AM
If you believe in ghosts, you must (or should)have to believe that the universe is a fvcked up place to play tricks on us like that.

there are only haunted places and not haunted ghosts.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-10-2008, 01:28 AM
I don't believe in ghosts, and I won't until I see or feel one. 'Course by then I'll probably drop dead of a heart attack and become one, so me becoming a believer then would be a non factor :lol