PDA

View Full Version : Golfing crew!!! Whats in your bag??

lebomb
04-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Adams GT2 430cc driver 9.5* loft
Adams Tight Lies strong 4 wood 16* loft
Pinemeadow #4 Hybrid 19* loft
Adams RPM irons 4-SW
Pinemeadow mallet putter
Adams Golf Bag
Noodle Golf Balls

:hat

Thunder Dan
04-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Nike Sumo Driver (sucks)/Taylor Made New Burner (sucks more)
Taylor Made Burner 5 wood
Ping G10 3-9
Cleveland G10 Gun Metal Wedges PW, SW, LW, GW
Never Compromise blade
Titelest bag with a giant hole in it
Pro-V1x / Bridgestone B330 balls

clambake
04-09-2008, 11:10 AM
callaway big bertha driver and 3 wood
taylormade r7 2 iron
taylormade rac's 3 thru wedge irons
titleist 56* wedge
ben hogan bettinardi putter

BacktoBasics
04-09-2008, 11:12 AM
I'll be bringing up the rear with Hippos starter clubs. I used to golf regularly and played with Tommy Armour 845's but since it had been about 10 or so years since I was a regular I opted to pick out a cheap set of Hippos to get warmed up with. Probably the best 225 clubs I've ever had.

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 11:12 AM
I have cheepie no name Titanium clubs but this is my first set. I havent played in months.

lebomb
04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Nike Sumo Driver (sucks)/Taylor Made New Burner (sucks more)

Really?? Why?

My $100 GT2 driver is such a great club. You can miss hit it, and you will still be in the fairway.

lebomb
04-09-2008, 11:14 AM
I'll be bringing up the rear with Hippos starter clubs. I used to golf regularly and played with Tommy Armour 845's but since it had been about 10 or so years since I was a regular I opted to pick out a cheap set of Hippos to get warmed up with. Probably the best 225 clubs I've ever had.

I actually like Hippo clubs.

I use Academy Pinemeadows cheap hybrids and putters. They both hit great......especially for the price. :dramaquee

Thunder Dan
04-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Really?? Why?

My $100 GT2 driver is such a great club. You can miss hit it, and you will still be in the fairway.

I should clarify that I have a giant hook and that both of those clubs have their faces slightly turned in so it screws me up even more. I'm going in a couple days to get a new driver, this time I'll get it fitted like my irons.

But Nike makes crap clubs, they are really crap and they only sell because Tiger uses them and he could win with 2x4s. I will buy another TM but never another Nike, they just feel cheap

to21
04-09-2008, 11:17 AM
I play for Taylor Made:

R7 driver
V Steel fairway
RAC Irons
RAC Wedges
even an old Nubbins Taylor Made flat stick
Pro V1's
one sweet ass staff bag made by Taylor Made

I started off with the cheap sets (still have two of them).

lebomb
04-09-2008, 11:19 AM
But Nike makes crap clubs, they are really crap and they only sell because Tiger uses them and he could win with 2x4s. I will buy another TM but never another Nike, they just feel cheap

Its funny you mention this.......My bro-inlaw is a huge golfer and loves Tiger woods......so he ran out and bought a sasquach driver. He HATED this thing......played a couple of rounds with it, then traded it in for a Taylormade R7. He couldnt be more happy.

Thunder Dan
04-09-2008, 11:20 AM
I play for Taylor Made:

R7 driver
V Steel fairway
RAC Irons
RAC Wedges
even an old Nubbins Taylor Made flat stick
Pro V1's
one sweet ass staff made from Taylor Made

I started off with the cheap sets (still have two of them).

Do you wear Adidas golf shoes as well? do you happen to be Sergio Garcia or Ratief Goosen? :lol

clambake
04-09-2008, 11:25 AM
i don't think i'll ever replace my rac irons

the r7 2 iron is sweet

lebomb
04-09-2008, 11:27 AM
I dont know why Ive taken to Adams clubs........for me, they are easy to hit.....and you can get a lower end model pretty cheap. Some of Adams new equipment has skyrocketed in price. :greedy

to21
04-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Do you wear Adidas golf shoes as well? do you happen to be Sergio Garcia or Ratief Goosen? :lol:lol
No I love my FootJoys too much to go into those Adidas shoes. It started with the putter and bag and took off from there.

leemajors
04-09-2008, 12:03 PM
8.5 degree McGregor V-Foil driver i picked up for $50 online
2-PW Wilson Staff Pi5 Irons
54 Degree Titleist DLIII Sand Wedge
Odyssey Rossie II Putter

I play 3-5 times per year and still manage to maintain my 12 handicap for sandbagging purposes :smokin. Playing in a Tax Time tourney next week in the 2nd flight with my dad.

happy
04-09-2008, 12:03 PM
i have a full set of custom Five Stars by Honma, dah. there made from platinum and gold and cost 32 g's dah. my dad bought them for me.

tlongII
04-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Nike Ignite 460cc driver
Nike Sasquatch 4-wood
Nike CPR 18 degree hybrid
3-SW Nike Slingshot irons
Nike putter
Nike ONE platinum balls

Ballcox
04-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Mizuno 550/10.5 loft driver
Don't have a 3 wood never seem to need to hit one
Some generic metal 5 wood that I've had for years, but hit the shit out of
Mizuno irons 3-pw
Bazooka hybrid 2 iron
Cleveland SW
And finally an old Ram Zebra putter that I've had for 10 years now, love that thing to death!

Also, Bridgestone 330s balls, great feel to hit. I'm also about a 10-12 handicap

SequSpur
04-09-2008, 12:43 PM
R5 Driver
Adams Hybrid Irons
Taylor Made Super Steel Wedges
Ping Putter

BacktoBasics
04-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Junior R5 Driver
Junior Adams Hybrid Irons
Junior Taylor Made Super Steel Wedges
Junior Ping Putter
You missed something

to21
04-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Nike Ignite 460cc driver
Nike Sasquatch 4-wood
Nike CPR 18 degree hybrid
3-SW Nike Slingshot irons
Nike putter
Nike ONE platinum ballsDamn not even Tiger uses all Nike in his bag. I think his putter is a Titlelist.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Tour Edge Exotics Proto driver
Callaway X Hot 13* 3W
Tour Edge Bazooka Hybrid 3,4
Tour Edge Bazooka QL Irons 5-PW(these were a budget set admittedly, but I can get around a course with them fine, debating if an upgrade to the r7 irons is worth it)
Adams Ovation SW, GW, LW
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball CS putter

usually playing Top Flight D2 feel or Nike Super Soft golf balls

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Damn not even Tiger uses all Nike in his bag. I think his putter is a Titlelist.

Scotty Cameron putter...

tbong is a Nike ho.

Sportcamper
04-09-2008, 01:09 PM
R-7 #3 #7 Titanium
Taylor #4, #5 Hybrids
Bridgestone J-33 Irons…
Titleist Vokey 60 degree…
White Hot #4 Putter…
Flask of Jack Daniels…

Thunder Dan
04-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Damn not even Tiger uses all Nike in his bag. I think his putter is a Titlelist.

Scotty Cameron..you are correct. He also has a wedge that isn't Nike I believe

mrsmaalox
04-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Good thread for Master's week! Just this weekend I inherited a set of ladies' Callaway Gems from my sister in law. My beginner set was pretty much shot and became weapons for my kids a long time ago!

T Park
04-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Cobra Speed 450 driver
Adams Insight XTD 3 wood Hybrid 2 3 and 4 irons
5 through PW Taylor Made R7 SE TP irons
Cleveland CG 12 52 56 60 wedges
Taylor Made Spider putter

Thunder Dan
04-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Cobra Speed 450 driver

is that the one that sounds like a metal baseball or softball bat when you hit it?

xrayzebra
04-09-2008, 02:31 PM
R-7 #3 #7 Titanium
Taylor #4, #5 Hybrids
Bridgestone J-33 Irons…
Titleist Vokey 60 degree…
White Hot #4 Putter…
Flask of Jack Daniels…

Love the last "club" you have listed. Want to play
a round sometime?

I have a
RAM driver
Knock-off Callaway irons
liquid metal putter (won it in a tournament)
misc woods

I have been offered a job with Buttercrust and
Mrs Bairds bread compaines because I am such a
good slicer. If my eyesight ever improves I am
going to get out and scare some other golfers.

Hey maybe we ought to have a Spurstalk golf
tournament sometime. That would be a riot, especially
with the political group......
:drunk :lol

Slomo
04-09-2008, 02:40 PM
OT but a friend has asked me to bring him back a set of irons from Callaway. Where would be the best place in SA to shop for something like that?

T Park
04-09-2008, 02:54 PM
OT but a friend has asked me to bring him back a set of irons from Callaway. Where would be the best place in SA to shop for something like that?

Edwin Watts NE loop 410.

Or Edwinn Watts on I10 and De Zevala.

T Park
04-09-2008, 02:57 PM
is that the one that sounds like a metal baseball or softball bat when you hit it?

Yeah its got a good ping to it, but man I just wail the hell out of the ball with it.

I've tried other drivers, but this one just suits me for some reason.

I've never been able to kill Callaways.

Taylor mades, Cobras, at one time at the end of high school I love the Titleist 975D or whatever it was.

Now its the Cobra.

CavsSuperFan
04-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Slomo- I don’t know about SA but I have had great luck with Golfsmith.com… (http://www.golfsmith.com/ps/?cm_mmc=Overture-_-Pro+Shop-_-Golfsmith+Web+Address-_-www+golfsmith&tcode=USOVER) (In January They have a limited inventory of “last year models” that go for ½ price)…You cant beat titanium drivers that sold for $499 going for ½ of that of less...The Calloway irons go quick…the X-20’s are a hot item this year but Golfsmith had great deals on the older X-18’s a few months back…

lebomb
04-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Edwin Watts NE loop 410.

Or Edwinn Watts on I10 and De Zevala.

Also GolfGalaxy.....near San Pedro
ProGolf out on 1604 and Blanco
Golf Exchange on Fred Rd.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-09-2008, 03:09 PM
I use a Cleveland Launcher 460 driver and a putter.

Sportcamper
04-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Hal- I had a set of knock off Callaway’s & they were the best clubs I have ever had…They may even have been hand assembled… (I gave them to my nephew when I got new irons)…I would be honored to play a round with you…I have to make it to SA someday… :toast

T Park
04-09-2008, 03:13 PM
I use a Cleveland Launcher 460 driver and a putter.

:lol thats it?

lebomb
04-09-2008, 03:21 PM

I guess he is on the green in one on par 4s and 5s. :toast

Damn, he is good........or maybe he 5 putts from there!!! :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-09-2008, 03:23 PM

:lol

Ok...throw in some Big Bertha irons, fairway woods, a couple of hybrids.....

I'd probably do just as well with a driver and a putter though. :lol

clambake
04-09-2008, 04:15 PM
i can't stand topflite golfballs.

edited for (sp)

Slomo
04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Slomo- I don’t know about SA but I have had great luck with Golfsmith.com… (http://www.golfsmith.com/ps/?cm_mmc=Overture-_-Pro+Shop-_-Golfsmith+Web+Address-_-www+golfsmith&tcode=USOVER) (In January They have a limited inventory of “last year models” that go for ½ price)…You cant beat titanium drivers that sold for $499 going for ½ of that of less...The Calloway irons go quick…the X-20’s are a hot item this year but Golfsmith had great deals on the older X-18’s a few months back…I'll pass that info to him. Thanks.

Thanks TPark and others for the shop info, I'll check them out.

TheSanityAnnex
04-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Taylor Made SuperQuad w/ Aldila proto 70 gram X stiff
Adams tight lies tour 13 degree
Mizuno Mp32's 3-W w/ dynamic gold X100's
Sonartec 21 degree hybrid
Titleist Vokey Oil Can spin milled 56/60
Scotty Cameron Newport long neck teryllium.
Titleist Pro V1

..............and will challenge anyone here to beat me.

TheSanityAnnex
04-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Tour Edge Exotics Proto driver
How do you like that driver? I'm looking for a new head.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-09-2008, 06:23 PM
How do you like that driver? I'm looking for a new head.

:hungry:

I've got it in a UST V2 stiff shaft, it's party time off the tee. I average just shy of 290 off the tee with it, when I am feeling like really taking a big swing I put it out over 300. A few weeks ago I absolutely detonated one that ended up over 330 yards down the fairway :wow

I've taken out the Titelist 905R, Cobra L4V, the new Nike Sasquatch, Ping G10 just to screw around with and see if anything can kick it out of the bag. The only thing that i hit farther than my Exotics is the new Exotics XCG, but not by much and certainly not for 400 bones.

i can't stand topflite golfballs.

edited for (sp)

The old Top Flites suck, but the new D2 dimple in dimple is a great ball (the Feel anyway, haven't tried the others).

Tpark, how do you like your R7 irons? Those felt real good hitting them in the PGA Store here in Plano last week...

T Park
04-09-2008, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE]Tpark, how do you like your R7 irons? Those felt real good hitting them in the PGA Store here in Plano last week...

I used to have the R7 TPs, and they are like butter.

Put some Rifle 6.0s in them cause my swing speed is at about 105, and they are awesome stuff.

Through a buddy here at my local course I got this set that I have now that was only available in japan, they are forged, and have a yellow and red TP.

found below.

BTW, I went to the PGA Superstore in Tempe, the new one opened up off of 17. Absolutely a golfer's paradise, dunno if its the same in Plano.

I love that place, got alot of my tiger woods shirts (best shirts ever made IMO) and some J lindenburg apparel.

Can't wait to go back in October.

T Park
04-09-2008, 06:31 PM
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/uploads/monthly_10_2007/post-1-1191347712-1_thumb.jpg

Heres what they look like.

Best Irons I've ever had, and I've had the Titleist blades, Nike blades, Taylor Made R7 TPs, and these are the best far and away.

xrayzebra
04-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I'll pass that info to him. Thanks.

Thanks TPark and others for the shop info, I'll check them out.

Slomo, be sure to tell the folks, wherever you buy the
clubs at, that they are going out of country. You will be
able to sign some paperwork and not pay the sales tax.
Saves you 8 and a quarter percent on the clubs.

Can add up if you are buying Callaways, they run around
11 hundred bucks last time I checked. And that was
some time ago.

Hook Dem
04-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Just lots of spiders and spider webs! lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-09-2008, 06:55 PM
BTW, I went to the PGA Superstore in Tempe, the new one opened up off of 17. Absolutely a golfer's paradise, dunno if its the same in Plano.

I love that place, got alot of my tiger woods shirts (best shirts ever made IMO) and some J lindenburg apparel.

Yeah, it's great, if the weather is bad I can run over and hit some balls. They've got about every type of club you can find to demo and hit.

That, and the used club rack is a bargain hunter's paradise, I picked up my Odyssey putter for less than $50 and there's all kinds of other bargains there that I have to talk myself out of :lol

T Park
04-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah, it's great, if the weather is bad I can run over and hit some balls. They've got about every type of club you can find to demo and hit.

That, and the used club rack is a bargain hunter's paradise, I picked up my Odyssey putter for less than $50 and there's all kinds of other bargains there that I have to talk myself out of :lol

Yeah the putter i used before my new Taylor Made spider, was a center shaft odyssey white hot 32 inch (I like to have my arms straight and hang loose hence the short putter) and got it for 10 bucks after trading in some crappy ones for it.

This Taylor Made Spider putter though, you gotta look it up, and gotta test it, its the best putter I've ever hit, and I've had Scotty Cameron Terylliums, Odysseys, Rifles, and never compromises.