PDA

View Full Version : Major Announcement on ESPN 1250 THE ZONE

dawn
04-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Tune into today at 5:40 to hear!!! :spin

DannyT
04-09-2008, 05:30 PM
you all have a name....its about damn time!!!!

TheSanityAnnex
04-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Why not just tell us here so we don't have to listen?

DannyT
04-09-2008, 05:35 PM
its called duel exhaust....there I said it...are you happy

mookie2001
04-09-2008, 05:35 PM
jeff bolton and jeff vexler show

Sausage
04-09-2008, 05:51 PM
The Thompson Bros are coming to ESPN1250? Nice.

Budkin
04-09-2008, 05:53 PM
The Thompson Bros are coming to ESPN1250? Nice.

Is this for real? If so I'm psyched!

DannyT
04-09-2008, 05:56 PM
so what was it?

dawn
04-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Yes it is... Paul Alexander 11-1 Thompson Brothers 3-5 Chris and Jason 5-8 :ihit

DannyT
04-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Word.....

Jimmy Bobby
04-09-2008, 06:00 PM
ESPN once again taking Clear Channel's table scraps. Clear Channel fired Chris Duel, Jason Thompson and Rob Thompson. They all suck. There's The Ticket and then there's The Ticket's REJECTS.

JoeChalupa
04-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Yes it is... Paul Alexander 11-1 Thompson Brothers 3-5 Chris and Jason 5-8 :ihit

:tu

JoeChalupa
04-09-2008, 06:02 PM
ESPN once again taking Clear Channel's table scraps. Clear Channel fired Chris Duel, Jason Thompson and Rob Thompson. They all suck. There's The Ticket and then there's The Ticket's REJECTS.

I'll take the rejects.

TheTruth
04-09-2008, 06:13 PM
That is good news indeed. Jason and Rob were very good at one point. Hope they can get that back.

Kori Ellis
04-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Are Jason and Rob moving back to town or they are doing the show from Florida?

T Park
04-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Best news to come down the pipe.

1250 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>760 by a mile and a freakin half now.

ChuckD
04-09-2008, 06:42 PM
In case you haven't noticed, CC has been circling the bowl for a while now. No shame in getting let go by the less than aMayzing CC.

T Park
04-09-2008, 06:44 PM
hmmmm

may?

Denver>SA
04-09-2008, 07:20 PM
isnt cc being sold?

ChuckD
04-09-2008, 08:10 PM
isnt cc being sold?
They tried, because their stock numbers have been flat for a few years, but the equity bubble looks like it's putting the kibosh on that. Look for more firings of talent that makes money.

Kori Ellis
04-09-2008, 08:17 PM
They tried, because their stock numbers have been flat for a few years, but the equity bubble looks like it's putting the kibosh on that. Look for more firings of talent that makes money.

Umm... CC was sold about a year and a half ago to two private equity firms for about $19M.

Then, they (new ownership group) sold the television division to Newport Television last April and that change is just being now completed.

GoGatos
04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Well, the sale process started going through about a year and a half ago...however, it hasn't been completed. The six banks involved in the crediting of the sale are trying to back out because it's going to cost them omoney to finance it now and they've changed their minds. So CC and the prospective buyers filed suit against the banks both here in Bexar County and in New York.

That's where it sits now. both CC and it's prospective buyers WANT the deal to be finished, but the banks are a road block in the whole deal at the moment. The TV sale is final and over with. The radio side is on hold.

2centsworth
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Lowry is no fool. I bet his contract is rock solid and he will eventually get his money.

Nbadan
04-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Chris is on for 3 hours now? Sheeeett...that's good news to me...

scott
04-09-2008, 10:03 PM
What's the point of having ESPN Radio if all the national shows are pre-empted by shitty local guys? (Except for Paul Alexander, who coached me in HS and thus gets an everlasting Scott Stamp of Approval*).

Thank god for Sirius radio!

T Park
04-09-2008, 11:51 PM
What's the point of having ESPN Radio if all the national shows are pre-empted by shitty local guys? (Except for Paul Alexander, who coached me in HS and thus gets an everlasting Scott Stamp of Approval*).

Thank god for Sirius radio!

Maybe because ESPN's national radio guys are shit?

Denver>SA
04-10-2008, 12:09 AM
love 1250 in the pm but in th AM im on 760 for rome

Tike Mailer
04-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Let's see...

Ticket 760 = Spurs, Cowboys, Longhorns, Aggies, Rampage

ESpeeN = n o t h i n g

No contest, holmes. ESpeeN is the prison bitch of Ticket 760, brah.

Dude
04-10-2008, 01:11 AM
Now if they can just get Jay Howard!

GoGatos.
04-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Mr.Duel is going after all of our scraps, why not call your show the ticket stub?

AlamoSpursFan
04-10-2008, 01:34 AM
I was kinda hoping for more Track Smack with Dawn Murphy, personally.

T Park
04-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Mr.Duel is going after all of our scraps, why not call your show the ticket stub?

The Tompsons are twice what that shit you call for radio is in Walter Pasacrita.

Don't even blow the sour grapes bullshit in here.

Tike Mailer
04-10-2008, 01:35 AM

Right ON, Jim Bob! The Ticket Stub is the perfect name for those losers. Anyone who listens to ESpeeN is a loser too, brah.

GoGatos.
04-10-2008, 01:49 AM
The Tompsons are twice what that shit you call for radio is in Walter Pasacrita.

Mr. T park you can let go of the Thompson's' nut sac anytime now, we get it! They are your heroes.

Don't even blow the sour grapes bullshit in here.

Wasn't Jason the one with the sour grapes when he blamed the refs for the Spurs losing in the playoffs? And on national tv what an embarrassment for San Antonio.
Chris Duel has no morals he will sell his soul for a paycheck.

T Park
04-10-2008, 01:50 AM
Mr. T park you can let go of the Tompsons' nut sac anythime now. We get it! They are your heroes.

Wasn't Jason the one with the sour grapes when he blamed the refs for the Spurs losing in the playoffs? And on national tv what an embarrassment for San Antonio.

link to that?

Wow, more great talk back to listeners of SA.

Whats your name, so when I call up to complain directly to WOAI, that I can use your name specifically thanks.

Tike Mailer
04-10-2008, 01:53 AM
Mr. T park you can let go of the Thompson's' nut sac anytime now, we get it! They are your heroes.

Who the F**k are the Thompson fags anyway? They don't know s**t about sports. Head 2 Head Hotties wipes its ass with anything those two douches ever brought on the airwaves. Right on, Rim Job.

GoGatos.
04-10-2008, 01:56 AM
link to that?

Wow, more great talk back to listeners of SA.

Whats your name, so when I call up to complain directly to WOAI, that I can use your name specifically thanks.

You must be the snitch of ST. I wonder how many in here you have gone to Kori to get them in trouble. People like you deserve what they get, I hope the next kid that chips a tooth on your bumper cars sues the lard off your ass.

And I like the way Dawn always says she never has time to post in the Club but finds time to plug her shows!

Go ahead and make your phone calls do what you have to do so your new radio show can survive. Good Luck!

T Park
04-10-2008, 02:04 AM
You must be the snitch of ST. I wonder how many in here you have gone to Kori to get them in trouble. People like you deserve what they get, I hope the next kid that chips a tooth on your bumper cars sues the lard off your ass.

And I like the way Dawn always says she never has time to post in the Club but finds time to plug her shows!

Go ahead and make your phone calls do what you have to do so your new radio show can survive. Good Luck!

So not gonna give me your name?

The forum "snitch" ?

:lol

Look I just want to explain to your bosses how you treat "your listeners"

AlamoSpursFan
04-10-2008, 02:14 AM
The Tickrah has listeners?

:lol

Dude
04-10-2008, 02:15 AM
Tpark his name is Jim. Are you going to be a regular on the show? :tu

Trainwreck2100
04-10-2008, 04:09 AM

Considering your buddy came from Dallas and had to repeatedly explain how he came here for a paycheck, that's a pretty bad analogy. Hope he gets better though, healthwise that is

KEDA
04-10-2008, 06:28 AM

Dude, are you serious?

Even if you had the best show on the radio, which by the way you don't, I wouldn't listen to you just because you treat your listeners like crap.

If I talked to my customers in the same manner that you talk to your listeners here, I would be standing in the unemployment line in no time.

It is nice to know how you really feel about us, I will be sure to communicate it to all of my friends who still tune your program in on a daily basis.

dawn
04-10-2008, 06:44 AM

It is called multi-tasking...during a commerical... :toast

Kori Ellis
04-10-2008, 07:03 AM
:lmao @ the multiple people who don't realize the difference between two different user names.

S_A_Longhorn
04-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Wasn't everyone at CC quick to point out that the Thompson Brothers LEFT San Antonio for a gig in Florida??

They were NOT fired by CC. It should be more telling that they came back to San Antonio to a competing station instead of returning to CC.

Thanks again Duel and ESPN The Zone for bringing back possibly the best & most entertaining radio hosts to the San Antonio airwaves. Now I have zero reasons to listen to Sports Talk Dallas with Mike Taylor.

Now I wait for the Ticket to add more local programming...follow the leader.

King
04-10-2008, 08:51 AM
:lmao @ the multiple people who don't realize the difference between two different user names.

No kidding. Hook line and sinker.

He doesn't work for the ticket, T Park. It's not the same guy.

S_A_Longhorn
04-10-2008, 08:58 AM
No kidding. Hook line and sinker.

He doesn't work for the ticket, T Park. It's not the same guy.

Look at the name & post count, T PARK. The real Jim Bob, aka "GoGatos", has 70+ posts, most insulting SpursTalk fans simply because we don't like his Sports Talk Dallas show with Mike Taylor.

The troll on this forum is called "GoGatos." and only had 7 posts. Notice the "." at the end of the screen name.

The multiple screen names are ruining this site. KORI - anyway possible stop these trolls as they are driving me away from this site??? Tike Mailer and GoGatos., two name two. Feel free to dump the real GoGatos as well.

PeterBurns
04-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Wasn't everyone at CC quick to point out that the Thompson Brothers LEFT San Antonio for a gig in Florida??

They were NOT fired by CC. It should be more telling that they came back to San Antonio to a competing station instead of returning to CC.

Thanks again Duel and ESPN The Zone for bringing back possibly the best & most entertaining radio hosts to the San Antonio airwaves. Now I have zero reasons to listen to Sports Talk Dallas with Mike Taylor.

Yeah SA LONGHORN, Jason and Rob did leave, there were never let go here. There are top notch talent. And are very enjoyable on air. I was very dissapointed to see them leave.

Now I wait for the Ticket to add more local programming...follow the leader

A local morning show would be sweet.....It's amazing to me how a town this big doesn't have a local morning sports show. IMHO

samikeyp
04-10-2008, 09:10 AM
A local morning show would be sweet.....It's amazing to me how a town this big doesn't have a local morning sports show. IMHO

I agree....when do we start Pete? :tu

Taco
04-10-2008, 09:20 AM

TICKET760 OR ESPN1250, BRING BACK VEX!!! :wakeup
AM SHOW WOULD BE GREAT!!!

AlamoSpursFan
04-10-2008, 09:31 AM
TICKET760 OR ESPN1250, BRING BACK VEX!!! :wakeup
AM SHOW WOULD BE GREAT!!!

Just a wild guess here, but something tells me Mike & Mike is a must carry program.

MoSpur
04-10-2008, 10:04 AM
That's a pretty good lineup for ESPN the zone. I'll admit, I'll listen to the Ticket 760 when I get out of work. I listen to it from 4:30 to 5:00. After that, that's it. I switch to ESPN

PeterBurns
04-10-2008, 10:15 AM
There is no way ESPN would lose Mike and Mike.
That's like us losing Jim Rome. Won't happen.

If they can stay afloat long enough for people to find that they are there, I think there will be a lot of button pushing down the road.

If you like local sports talk, this is going to be great

It could be
Ticket Local Morning Show with Me and SAMikeyP...lol
Paul Alexander
Thompsons / Taylor
Sports Grind/ Duel

Basically, we would be going from 3 hours of local sports programming, to 13 hours a day. That's pretty cool, and hopefully brings more listeners to the dial.

Although I'm doing the math, and I have to say I'm very impressed on how much they are spending.

You got to figure that between Paul, The Thompson's, and Duel and Jason. They are paying between $125K to $150K in talent salary, not counting producers...etc.

Selling $20 Commercials isn't going to get you to that #.....
And it's going to be hard to get advertisers to pay $75 a commercial for a station that hasn't really marketed it themselves.

Just my opinion, and as always, is probably way off base

S_A_Longhorn
04-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah SA LONGHORN, Jason and Rob did leave, there were never let go here. There are top notch talent. And are very enjoyable on air. I was very dissapointed to see them leave.

What?!? You and mean agree on something?!?! Shoot me now...

The Thompson brothers were my all-time favorite hosts. They had fun, bled the Spurs, talked about things Donny Harris would 'distance' himself from, and were from San Antonio. basically everything Mike Taylor isn't.

A morning show might bring me back to the Ticket. I enjoyed Charlie and Chance from an entertainment stance. At least until the Ticket & CC moved them all over the goddamn place.

Maybe CC will beg Vex to come back. Just keep Walter behind the scenes, please.

Taco
04-10-2008, 10:42 AM
If you like local sports talk, this is going to be great

It could be
Ticket Local Morning Show with Me and SAMikeyP...lol

NOWAY!!!!
MEECHIGANMikeyp has been brainwashed all he'll talk about is the Detroit Lions, Red Wings, Pistons, and Tigers ... :lol

PeterBurns
04-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Mikey will always be puro SA

Taco
04-10-2008, 10:47 AM

:tu

Taco
04-10-2008, 11:03 AM
puro SA

Speaking of “Puro” how is Charlie Parker with that word?

I know he doesn’t like the word “Cougar” I heard him earlier this week (paraphrasing) he’s had about enough of that phrase :wakeup

Dude
04-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Look at the name & post count, T PARK. The real Jim Bob, aka "GoGatos", has 70+ posts, most insulting SpursTalk fans simply because we don't like his Sports Talk Dallas show with Mike Taylor.

GoGatos is a dick head! (the real one) I have seen his postings I can't wait to see what job he goes to next and how his insulting words come back to bite him in the ass.

The troll on this forum is called "GoGatos." and only had 7 posts. Notice the "." at the end of the screen name.

Dude you should work for CSI your one sharp vato!

The multiple screen names are ruining this site.

LJ and Kori have alias screen names also are you saying they are ruining their own site?

KORI - anyway possible stop these trolls as they are driving me away from this site???

Are you new to the www? Trolls are like STDs there is no real cure wake up!

Besides you want kori to get rid of every screen name that is not the same name the person was born with? Does your birth certificate say "S_A_Longhorn"?
If not? then your an alias aka troll of the www also.

Feel free to dump the real GoGatos as well.

So then your no different than GoGatos and the ticket on how they treat their listeners. You can't have it both ways lecturing others on how to treat people with respect and at the same time want to exterminate others from the site.

No one likes wannabe moderators especially those who don't know how to use the PM feature. just a heads up my friend since your new here! :tu

S_A_Longhorn.
04-10-2008, 02:52 PM
No one likes wannabe moderators especially those who don't know how to use the PM feature. just a heads up my friend since your new here! :tu

Thanks for that info! now I can tell on others in private and still look cool in the forum! :tu

samikeyp
04-10-2008, 03:35 PM
NOWAY!!!!
MEECHIGANMikeyp has been brainwashed all he'll talk about is the Detroit Lions, Red Wings, Pistons, and Tigers ... :lol

You would be surprised how a quick fix of Bill Miller or Taco Cabana would make all things right with the world again. :)

Orale'! :)

Taco
04-10-2008, 04:01 PM
You would be surprised how a quick fix of Bill Miller or Taco Cabana would make all things right with the world again. :)

We've got to send you a care package :hungry:

T Park
04-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Hey Peter, did you know E on his myspace has a pic with you, the Thompsons, at Oyster Bake? :)

GoGatos.
04-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Hey did you know on his myspace has a pic with you, the Thompsons, at Oyster Bake? :)

Stalker?

T Park
04-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Ah I see the difference now.

Nice try mouse.

GoGatos.
04-10-2008, 05:34 PM