PDA

View Full Version : Isiah Will Finish Season With Knicks, Future Uncertain

duncan228
04-09-2008, 07:55 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/04/09/thomas.knicks.ap/index.html

Isiah will finish season with Knicks
Walsh says he wants to know what went wrong

NEW YORK (AP) -- Isiah Thomas will finish the season as the Knicks' coach, but needs a good explanation for why things went so horribly wrong for any chance to last beyond that.

New president Donnie Walsh said Wednesday he plans to meet soon with Thomas, and he wants to know why a team he thought could be good instead will finish as perhaps the worst in franchise history.

Walsh insists he hasn't decided on Thomas' future with the team, but the Knicks' 22-56 record entering their game against Charlotte clearly works against the coach.

"You can say I have an open mind as far as any conversation I'm going to have," Walsh said. "I still don't think we've played well, there's a lot of things I want to talk about. So it's not totally open. It's not like I'm going in saying, '[Things] have all been great so what do you want to talk about?"'

Walsh said he expects their conversation to happen before the regular season ends next week. But no matter what he decides, he expects Thomas to be on the bench for the remaining games.

"Yeah, I would say that we're going to go through the season because there's only four games left," Walsh said, "and I'm going to use this period to try to take a look at the whole situation so I'm in a position to make whatever decision is going to be made -- if there are any."