PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Ain't Winning Shit This Year.......Sorry Guys

davi78239
04-09-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm a big spurs fan and as much as I wanted them to win back to back, I just don't see it happening. No I'm not saying this just because of tonight but just the complete season and how inconsistent they've been and with all the injuries and stuff. It just don't see it happening anymore.

Spurs rock
04-09-2008, 10:56 PM
I agree. Spurs Suck.

Budkin
04-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Man our offense just sucks.

BonnerDynasty
04-09-2008, 10:59 PM
I agree.

Spurs will be FORTUNATE to get past the first round.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-09-2008, 11:00 PM
We don't have enough experience

peskypesky
04-09-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm a big spurs fan and as much as I wanted them to win back to back, I just don't see it happening. No I'm not saying this just because of tonight but just the complete season and how inconsistent they've been and with all the injuries and stuff. It just don't see it happening anymore.

You're not a big spurs fan. You're a little piece of shit.

gmanrulz
04-09-2008, 11:02 PM
dont be a pussy. We win 3 or 4 and suddenly we are gonna be champs easy. Then lose 1 and oh no we cant win at all. Win another 3 or 4 and we're champs again. Get over it whatever happens happens.

Tike Mailer
04-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Let me make this prediction for the Spurs playoffs, holmes.

One and Dun.

BonnerDynasty
04-09-2008, 11:05 PM
dont be a pussy. We win 3 or 4 and suddenly we are gonna be champs easy. Then lose 1 and oh no we cant win at all. Win another 3 or 4 and we're champs again. Get over it whatever happens happens.

So it's not a big deal that the Spurs' offense has been complete shit for the past 40+ games? No biggie, It's only April?

SPURS vs NBA media
04-09-2008, 11:06 PM

jump jump jump you bunch of LOSERS

BonnerDynasty
04-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Maybe Manu will turn into MJ again and carry us to the finals though.

SPURS vs NBA media
04-09-2008, 11:08 PM

One and Dun.

We are not the mavs one and done

gmanrulz
04-09-2008, 11:09 PM
So it's not a big deal that the Spurs' offense has been complete shit for the past 40+ games? No biggie, It's only April?

who has been consistent at all this year. Every team has been sucking and blown out in the west.

Budkin
04-09-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm bumping this thread when we win the 2008 title. You are going to feel stupid.

davi78239
04-09-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm telling you guys. Go ahead and call me a loser and pussy but I just don't see it happening this year. The spurs have never been this inconsistent going into the post season and their offense has never looked as shitty as it has been. They ain't winning shit like I said. Hopefully they can get past the first round at least.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-09-2008, 11:14 PM
How would you know if the spurs aren't winning shit this year? I thought the regular season didn't matter?

davi78239
04-09-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm bumping this thread when we win the 2008 title. You are going to feel stupid.

If a miracle happens homes

Don Quixote
04-09-2008, 11:16 PM

One and Dun.

Pot, kettle.

But I agree. This year's team might not get out of the 1st round.

midgetonadonkey
04-09-2008, 11:17 PM
The Spurs will win the 2008 NBA Championship and then go on to win the Olympics.

davi78239
04-09-2008, 11:17 PM
How would you know if the spurs aren't winning shit this year? I thought the regular season didn't matter?

it doesn't but i'm telling you guys it ain't fuckin happening unless they can pull out some devine miracle out their asses for the playoffs and manu becomes mj like again.

pawe
04-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Our boys will win the LOB this year. Book it!
Gotta believe man, you just have to believe.

DazedAndConfused
04-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't give up on the Spurs just yet, but I think a lot of Spurs fans who were smug and arrogant about their chances of a repeat just got a big wakeup call tonight.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-09-2008, 11:24 PM
some of you guys are pathetic. Your team is near the top of the West and has 4 titles, with another one left in them before they start re-building.

It was one friggin' game. You think Shaq is going to be aggressive and energetic after 6 or 7 games of a hard fought series?

Try rooting for an overrated street team that loses 2 games to horrible lottery teams and blows their chance at the playoffs, then you can start crying, but till then ya'll need to shut up...

[/rant over]

J_Paco
04-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't give up on the Spurs just yet, but I think a lot of Spurs fans who were smug and arrogant about their chances of a repeat just got a big wakeup call tonight.

Obviously, they don't match-up well against certain teams (New Orleans, Phoenix and possibly Utah). But, they've been up-and-down all season and it's been hard to figure out where they'll end up. I don't really see how any Spurs fan could've overly-smug or arrogant.

The team's playoff hopes rest on their last four games, in particular against L.A. and Utah.

ThomasGranger
04-09-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm telling you guys. Go ahead and call me a loser and pussy

Pussy loser.

davi78239
04-09-2008, 11:28 PM
shaq will be just as energetic in a 7 game series vs. the spurs. He hates the spurs and he hates this fuckin city with a passion! Like I said, I'm a fan and I'll always be a fan but i just don't have that feeling this year about these guys.

davi78239
04-09-2008, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=ThomasGranger]Pussy loser.[/QUOTE

come on!! Say it again!! Say it!! I still don't think they're winning shit this year. It's reality like an earlier poster said.

pawe
04-09-2008, 11:32 PM
alot of people here are going to eat crow at the end of the season.

Typhoon
04-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Man I hate pussys like this...how can you guys dont believe on a team that has TIM DUNCAN...you fucking bitches! I refuse to give up, Spurs still are the top dog.

I still believe on this team.

spursfan09
04-09-2008, 11:38 PM
It's not over til someone knocks them out in the second season. I still believe

intlspurshk
One game is not important. Momentum to playoff is important. SPURS have no such momentum this year unless Pop is trying to hide something.

midgetonadonkey
The Spurs will win the intergalactic championship. They will have trouble against the Tigers of Nebula 5 but will end up winning in 6.

gmanrulz
04-09-2008, 11:42 PM
u think shaqs gonna play like that ever again? u think we arent gonna adjust to that shit. Thats y spurs win the 7 game series

Tree hugger
04-09-2008, 11:54 PM

spurs1990
04-10-2008, 12:06 AM

I agree, i'm starting to wonder if they even won it all in 2007. :lol

fusionjazzman72
04-10-2008, 12:27 AM
There are finish and will lose in the first round to Dallas. They don't have it this year and this could be it. There offense is non existent

Killakobe81
04-10-2008, 01:06 AM
I dont think Spurs will win either ...but I would not count them out or bet against them

slayermin
04-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Is 78239 your zipcode? What part of town is that?

I know there must be diehards in your area.

Spurs are not done.

DAF86
04-10-2008, 02:30 AM
Don't be sorry, we're going to win the 6thMA and the NBA championship this year.

Man In Black
04-10-2008, 03:15 AM
Can that team beat the Spurs 4 out of 7? No too much choke factor!!!!

Princess Pimp
04-10-2008, 04:02 AM

You ain't bumping shit ...

Princess Pimp
04-10-2008, 04:04 AM
There are finish and will lose in the first round to Dallas. They don't have it this year and this could be it. There offense is non existent

Actually they so scared they are trying to avoid Dallas (maybe?)

manufor3
04-10-2008, 07:14 AM
everyone who thinks like the thread starter is mentally retarded if their a spurs fan.

urunobili
04-10-2008, 07:46 AM
can you merge this with the official quitters thread?

bostonguy
04-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Wait I hear regular season doesnt mean shit now all of a sudden it does??? :wtf Spurs could have won last night and ran the table the next week and it wouldnt mean shit come next weekend. What you do in the regular season doesnt mean anything once you begin the playoffs. I have never seen regular season games and HCA get so overhyped and overrated.

Say the Spurs win their last 5 in dominant fashion and go down 2-1 in the first round. Will that be better than slumping into the playoffs and having a 2-1 lead rather than trailing it? What happens next weekend and further on is what will determine your season.

Manure Ginosely
04-10-2008, 07:57 PM
lols no confidence in your team.. hopefully most you pussaboi's attend spurs games.. you wont have a bleeding chance.. you remind me of a big dump truck full of vaginas..

blackbucket
04-10-2008, 08:34 PM
some of you guys are pathetic. Your team is near the top of the West and has 4 titles, with another one left in them before they start re-building.

It was one friggin' game. You think Shaq is going to be aggressive and energetic after 6 or 7 games of a hard fought series?

Try rooting for an overrated street team that loses 2 games to horrible lottery teams and blows their chance at the playoffs, then you can start crying, but till then ya'll need to shut up...

[/rant over]

Well said! A little perspective from a Nuggets fan. :clap

davi78239
04-10-2008, 08:50 PM
ok guys I'm sorry. The spurs will win the title. Pops been telling them to lay low and save their energy. Why do you think manu's all of a sudden "hurt"? That boys gonna gets some much needed rest. I don't think pop gives a shit if we blow the rest of the games and end up the 5 or 6th seed, just as long as they get in. About the zip code, that was my old one before I moved. And yes, spurs fans were in the minority over there because of all the black folk that always seem to go for the lakers. Ever notice that?

Aunt Ester
04-11-2008, 07:21 AM
ok guys I'm sorry. The spurs will win the title. Pops been telling them to lay low and save their energy. Why do you think manu's all of a sudden "hurt"? That boys gonna gets some much needed rest. I don't think pop gives a shit if we blow the rest of the games and end up the 5 or 6th seed, just as long as they get in. About the zip code, that was my old one before I moved. And yes, spurs fans were in the minority over there because of all the black folk that always seem to go for the lakers. Ever notice that?

You already showed ST your a lame ass fan that gives up before the playoffs now your bi-polar too?
sorry ass mutha fucker!

remingtonbo2001
04-11-2008, 07:29 AM

Do you really think he'll show his face?

Taco
04-11-2008, 07:53 AM
We don't have enough experience
:lol

smeagol
04-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Weak fans . . .

boutons_
04-11-2008, 08:16 AM
I've never seen the Spurs looks so bad in April.

They don't have ANY quality wins vs top WC playoff teams, on the road and not even @ATT. Rather they've been blown out several times by those teams.

I don't see how any Spurs fan can be looking forward to the playoffs, or even to Sunday. The Spurs have absolutely no post-ASB momentum that has been present in previous years.

The Spurs are Tim's team. Success in his hands, failure is on his shoulders, just like Spurs fans say it was for KG in Minnesota.

Or is it now that KG is looking like a champion because he finally got the help that Tim has had for 10 years?

jag
04-11-2008, 08:42 AM
There's a lot of empty seats on the bandwagon...

word
04-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Windcrest area I think.

SenorSpur
04-11-2008, 09:31 AM
While none of us can predict the future, no one can cannot deny the fact that the Spurs ARE NOT playing consistently. All the ingredients the Spurs have used in developing their "championship recipe" are not there. Offense is struggling, defense is subpar, injuries abound and there is an overall lack of team confidence.

Any Spurs fan who is feeling queasy about the team's chances of repeating is well within their right. They have every right to be concerned because this team is playing far below the standard it has set for itself in past seasons.

Cronstructive criticism does not mean you're any less of a fan. Frankly, I'm worried too.

TampaDude
04-11-2008, 09:50 AM
While none of us can predict the future, no one can cannot deny the fact that the Spurs ARE NOT playing consistently. All the ingredients the Spurs have used in developint their "championship recipe" are not there. Offense is struggling, defense is subpar, injuries abound and there is an overall lack of confidence.

Any Spurs fan who is feeling queasy about the team's chances of repeating is well within their right. They have every right to be concerned because this team is playing far below the standard it has set for itself in past seasons.

Cronstructive criticism does not mean you're any less of a fan. Frankly, I'm worried too.

+1 Hopefully, they are just taking it easy now and saving it for the playoffs...we'll know next week...I won't give up on the Spurs until they are eliminated in the playoffs...until then...BELIEVE!!! :fro

bus driver
04-11-2008, 09:51 AM
if it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

so, if you dont believe then jump off the bus!

peskypesky
04-11-2008, 10:09 AM
While none of us can predict the future, no one can cannot deny the fact that the Spurs ARE NOT playing consistently. All the ingredients the Spurs have used in developing their "championship recipe" are not there. Offense is struggling, defense is subpar, injuries abound and there is an overall lack of team confidence.

You were born without balls, weren't you?

peskypesky
04-11-2008, 10:10 AM
if it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

so, if you dont believe then jump off the bus!

:toast

SenorSpur
04-11-2008, 10:11 AM
You were born without balls, weren't you?

No. But it sounds like you were.

peskypesky
04-11-2008, 10:13 AM
No. But it sounds like you were.

You're the one wetting your panties because the Spurs lost a regular season game.

SenorSpur
04-11-2008, 10:16 AM
You're the one wetting your panties because the Spurs lost a regular season game.

Provided you can read, my comments were not simply because of one regular season game. If you look at the recent body of work, the team isn't playing well right now. That's all. Hopefully, they'll right the ship.

If you want to wet your panties with blind optimism, be my guest. :lol

dmac
04-11-2008, 10:16 AM

One and Dun.

you should know how that feels!

peskypesky
04-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Provided you can read, my comments were not simply because of one regular season game. If you look at the recent body of work, the team isn't playing well right now. That's all. Hopefully, they'll right the ship.

If you want to wet your panties with blind optimism, be my guest. :lol

OK, you're right. The Spurs lost a game, so they suck and we're doomed and we won't repeat and blah blah blah....

JPB
04-11-2008, 10:23 AM

There's no recipe to win a champ. It's not because Spurs used to be like "that" or like "this" and they're not this year that you can make judgements out of it.

And I don't buy the "it's already playoffs" or it was a "statement game" argument.

Once for all, all that matters is real playoffs. You can't predict, I can't anyway, how Spurs will do/be when real season begins, from those games.

Are they inconscenciously keeping some fuel, some motivation ?

Maybe, maybe not. But late regular season games don't mean crap too me as far as predicting what's gonna happen next.

peskypesky
04-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Spurs, have lost 2 of their last 11 games!!! OMG!!! Spurs suck. SenorSpur is right.

peskypesky
04-11-2008, 10:25 AM
There's no recipe to win a champ. It's not because Spurs used to be like "that" or like "this" and they're not this year that you can make judgements out of it.

And I don't buy the "it's already playoffs" or it was a "statement game argument.

Once for all, all that matters is real playoffs. You can't predict, I can't anyway, how Spurs will do/be when real season begins, from those games.

Maybe, maybe not. But late season games don't mean crap too me as far as predicting what's gonna happen next.

:toast

Remember all the Spurs "fans" who were worried going into last year's Finals because the Cavs had beaten us in all the regular season games? And remember how the Cavs did in the Finals?

SenorSpur
04-11-2008, 10:29 AM

And I don't buy the "it's already playoffs" or it was a "statement game" argument.

Maybe, maybe not. But late season games don't mean crap too me as far as predicting what's gonna happen next.

What the hell are you talking about? Have you not been watching how this team operates over the past several years? Have you not paid attention to how this team annually marks the Rodeo Road Trip as their signal to begin playing their best basketball? The goals Pop has set every year is to be healthy and playing well going into the playoffs. He's made no secret about that. Say what you want, but if you don't think there is a clear advantage in a team having both good health and momentum heading into the playoffs, then you're not paying attention.

JPB
04-11-2008, 10:58 AM
What the hell are you talking about? Have you not been watching how this team operates over the past several years? Have you not paid attention to how this team annually marks the Rodeo Road Trip as their signal to begin playing their best basketball? The goals Pop has set every year is to be healthy and playing well going into the playoffs. He's made no secret about that. Say what you want, but if you don't think there is a clear advantage in a team having both good health and momentum heading into the playoffs, then you're not paying attention.

There's what you would like and there's what you have.
Every team would like to enter the playoff in the best possible shape and having good momentum.

But it if was as simple as that, that would be too simple. It's not because, from your opinion, Spurs are not in the same exact particular path than they used to be the past years, that you can draw definite conclusions.

It's not that mecanical

Anyway you may have notice that in what it is the most tied WC of history Spurs went from 6th to second seed in the last part of the RS ?

Momentum ? :

Last ten :

NOH 8-2
L.A. 6-4
SAN 8-2
UTA 7-3
HOU 7-3
PHO 6-4

Who has momentum ? Is momentum the product of games 78 and 79 of a season ?

this is a very special season in the WC and you have to keep that in mind before analysing the situation. No team will enter the PO in ideal conditions.

From this point of view, I wouldn't say Spurs are in bad position.

(if Manu's injury isn't to bad off course).

Harry Callahan
04-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I've never seen the Spurs looks so bad in April.

They don't have ANY quality wins vs top WC playoff teams, on the road and not even @ATT. Rather they've been blown out several times by those teams.

I don't see how any Spurs fan can be looking forward to the playoffs, or even to Sunday. The Spurs have absolutely no post-ASB momentum that has been present in previous years.

The Spurs are Tim's team. Success in his hands, failure is on his shoulders, just like Spurs fans say it was for KG in Minnesota.

Or is it now that KG is looking like a champion because he finally got the help that Tim has had for 10 years?

Please do not put Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan in the same sentence as far as players go. Garnett has been in the NBA at least one year longer and has accomplished so much less than TD. Garnett had a lot of help a few years ago (Sprewell and Cassell among others) and he could not get it done.

Tim has had a really good year and has not had a lot of physical setbacks. Duncan's made his mark as an all time player. We're still waiting on Garnett to make it happen in the playoffs. He is lucky he is in the Eastern Conference - his team can sleepwalk to the EC finals this year. A total cakewalk. They will have to beat one quality team to get to the finals (Detroit) and then face a beaten up WC team. ABC could not have ordered it any better for their interests.

Me thinks that Detroit will not get the benefit of the doubt in the officiating area as well in a Boston series. I am not alone in this feeling.

So if things work out for KG he will have one championship. Then he has to do it again, and again, and again. Then we can put him up there with TD. Not before. BTW, that will not happen.

Harry Callahan
04-11-2008, 11:22 AM
BTW
There is almost no margin for error this year in the playoffs for the Spurs given the health (of lack thereof) on the roster and the strength of the WC.

Can they be the last one standing? Sure.

Will it be smooth sailing? Probably not.

michaelwcho
04-11-2008, 11:22 AM
man. good point!

Cherry
04-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Spurs, have lost 2 of their last 11 games!!! OMG!!! Spurs suck. SenorSpur is right.

2!?

...we're done.

SenorSpur
04-11-2008, 01:17 PM
There's what you would like and there's what you have.
Every team would like to enter the playoff in the best possible shape and having good momentum.

But it if was as simple as that, that would be too simple. It's not because, from your opinion, Spurs are not in the same exact particular path than they used to be the past years, that you can draw definite conclusions.

It's not that mecanical

Anyway you may have notice that in what it is the most tied WC of history Spurs went from 6th to second seed in the last part of the RS ?

Momentum ? :

Last ten :

NOH 8-2
L.A. 6-4
SAN 8-2
UTA 7-3
HOU 7-3
PHO 6-4

Who has momentum ? Is momentum the product of games 78 and 79 of a season ?

this is a very special season in the WC and you have to keep that in mind before analysing the situation. No team will enter the PO in ideal conditions.

From this point of view, I wouldn't say Spurs are in bad position.

(if Manu's injury isn't to bad off course).

Right. The Spurs are not in a bad position at all. The Spurs can only control what they can control. That is how THEY are playing as a team. If one of the big three are injured (pray for Manu), it's not going to matter. The fact I'm pointing out is the Spurs need to play consistent basketball in order to exert their will on the opposition as they head into the playoffs. At this moment, they are not playing typical Spurs basketball.

Cry Havoc
04-11-2008, 01:30 PM
There are about 40 million NBA fans that would give one of their testicles to have the team that we have right now, even as "horrible" as they are.

hsxvvd
04-11-2008, 03:54 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bzhQoLtJA80&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bzhQoLtJA80&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Duncan
04-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Did the douche that made this topic go bat to SR?

ancestron
04-21-2008, 04:43 PM
The Spurs will win the intergalactic championship. They will have trouble against the Tigers of Nebula 5 but will end up winning in 6.

personally I think the Spurs matchup really well with the Nebula 5 Tigers. I'd be surprised to see it go 6, its the Zaedecon 8 Astrobats that worry me, literally having that 2 headed center, and the 4-armed levitating guards.... that will be some series....

Elraptor
04-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Your out of your mind.

:flag:

Spurs will win it all ;)

GoGatos.
05-14-2008, 06:15 PM
What kind of fucked up fan makes this kind of topic right before the playoffs even begin?

davi78239
05-14-2008, 06:33 PM
What kind of fucked up fan makes this kind of topic right before the playoffs even begin?

okay guy, I'm admitting I was wrong and went over the line and being honest about it so what the hell's your problem? It's not like I ran and said, " I didn't say that" and not face up to it. Give a brotha a break.....geez!

GoGatos.
05-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Dude why not just start over with another screen name? :smokin

Don Quixote
05-14-2008, 08:54 PM
personally I think the Spurs matchup really well with the Nebula 5 Tigers. I'd be surprised to see it go 6, its the Zaedecon 8 Astrobats that worry me, literally having that 2 headed center, and the 4-armed levitating guards.... that will be some series....

Ancestron's hot!

But yes, the Spurs season ends no later than Monday. They're not beating the Hornets in New Orleans.