PDA

View Full Version : The Over the Hill Gang Lost!

LakeShow
04-09-2008, 11:00 PM
That is All!

:fro

davi78239
04-09-2008, 11:05 PM
yup, yall will most likely beat us too on Sunday. We just don't have it offensively this year and we're just plain out flat most of the time and can't hit shit. Boston's gonna take it all this year. BOOK IT!!

LakeShow
04-09-2008, 11:06 PM
The great Suns defense holds them to their usual 11 point quarter.

LakeShow
04-09-2008, 11:11 PM
yup, yall will most likely beat us too on Sunday. We just don't have it offensively this year and we're just plain out flat most of the time and can't hit shit. Boston's gonna take it all this year. BOOK IT!!LAKERS REPORT
Lakers: Bynum might play Sunday

template_bas
template_bas

Jackson says game against Spurs is a longshot, but he would like the center to be ready for the playoffs.
By Mike Bresnahan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
April 9, 2008
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Andrew Bynum might make his highly anticipated return in a home game Sunday against San Antonio, Coach Phil Jackson said.

"There's a chance," Jackson said. "It would have to be under a situation in which he could practice on Saturday in a way that would convince me to play him on Sunday. Right now, we're certainly not counting on that. It's just really a longshot."

Bynum will need to show he can move well "in traffic" at practice, Jackson said. The next morning will also be important in determining how Bynum's knee reacts to a full practice.

Bynum would come off the bench if he played Sunday and would almost surely be limited in his minutes. He has not played since suffering a bone bruise in his left knee and a brief dislocation of the kneecap Jan. 13 against Memphis.

Bynum has not gone through a full practice yet, although he has taken turns playing one-on-one against Chris Mihm and assistant coaches Kurt Rambis and Brian Shaw.

Bynum is averaging 13.1 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.1 blocked shots a game. He averaged 17.3 points, 12.2 rebounds and 2.3 blocked shots in six games in January before getting hurt.

The Lakers have one regular-season game after Sunday, playing host to Sacramento next Tuesday.

Either way, Jackson would like Bynum to be ready for the playoffs, especially if the Lakers draw Phoenix in the first round.

"We think that against a guy like Shaquille [O'Neal], he would be an important person to have on your team because he's got the bulk and the size to put himself out there and stop some of that bull nature that Shaq has," Jackson said.

DazedAndConfused
04-09-2008, 11:16 PM
They had another 11 point quarter? Good god the Spurs are beyond horrific on offense. It's ridiculous that a team with Manu, Parker, and Duncan can put together so many 11pt quarters.

What's funny is how much shit Spurs fans talked about the Shaq-trade. Shaq straight owned SAS tonight like he historically has. Duncan shriveled up like a little vagina as usual against Shaq. It must be a mental thing at this point because Shaq cannot move anything close to what he used to.

davi78239
04-09-2008, 11:24 PM
yea, we ain't winning it this year unless they can get their head out their asses. It's gotta be a mental thing........and too, they're old as shit. Might as well pull out the walking canes for these mother fuckers and while they're at it, get some shit for ginobili's bald spot.............fuck these motherfuckers are old and they've become fucked in the head too! Hey, david stern might get to have an orgasm after all folks. It just might be a Lakers vs. Celtics finalls. Boy would him and the league blow their load on that finals match up.

DazedAndConfused
04-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Lakers got a ton of problems as well. If Bynum can't make it back in time you can kiss our playoff hopes goodbye. We have turned into PHX of last year, no D all offense.

My money is on NOH or PHX making it out and getting destroyed by BOS in the Finals.

ElNono
04-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Well, that was ugly, just like the game in Utah. Great defensive first quarter, and then the lack of effort the rest of the way. For a team that has given me 3 in the last 5, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I still think they'll be ok come playoff time...

LakeShow
04-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Lakers got a ton of problems as well. If Bynum can't make it back in time you can kiss our playoff hopes goodbye. We have turned into PHX of last year, no D all offense.

My money is on NOH or PHX making it out and getting destroyed by BOS in the Finals.I wouldn't say that. The Lakers can beat those teams because they have an offense that those teams can not stop. I'm not worried about Phoenix. Nash is so weak on defense Amare and Shaq will be in constant foul trouble against the lakers. N.O is a question mark but I feel the lakers could and would beat them in a seven game series.

mavs>spurs2
04-10-2008, 12:11 AM
I didn't watch the game, can someone tell me what Bowen did to piss off Amare?

DazedAndConfused
04-10-2008, 12:11 AM
No Bynum = No Rings.

Simple as that, we need the big fella back and healthy if we are gonna go anywhere.

Gino
04-10-2008, 12:16 AM
I didn't watch the game, can someone tell me what Bowen did to piss off Amare?

He gave Amare an elbow to the stomach when Amare was setting a screen.

It was a pretty dirty play.

mavs>spurs2
04-10-2008, 12:33 AM

What did Amare do in retaliation? Did either get ejected?

Findog
04-10-2008, 10:22 AM
bumping MRodgers gay threads off the front page

ratm1221
04-10-2008, 11:29 AM
No Bynum = No Rings.

Simple as that, we need the big fella back and healthy if we are gonna go anywhere.

Bynum is a scrub. :lol

DaDakota
04-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Bowen's play was dirty but not surprising.

DD

E20
04-10-2008, 11:47 AM
I'll be sure to bump this thread when the SPURS WIN IT ALL. Also, Bowen's play was not dirty. Every player in teh NBA does that when a big is setting a screen in teh backcourt, you stick your forearm out to avoid the collision and contact, it's pretty simple rather than getting knocked down to the floor you use your arm as a cushion.

Medvedenko
04-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Come on Lakeshow....pretty crappy thread really. Take the high road.

leemajors
04-10-2008, 12:58 PM

moving screens are just as dirty.

703 Spurz
04-10-2008, 01:06 PM
That is All!

:fro

Leave the over the hill gang alone!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry :cry :cry

Idiot

LakeShow
04-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Come on Lakeshow....pretty crappy thread really. Take the high road.
Sorry, I'm not better than that. I see no reason why it is in bad taste to poke fun at the Spurs and fans. At least I'm not condemning them and saying they have no chance to win blah, blah, blah like they do when the lakers lose.

Calling them the over the hill game is just telling it like it is. They are! They should be sent out to pasture! :lol

DazedAndConfused
04-10-2008, 02:27 PM
I have no problems with this thread.

monosylab1k
04-10-2008, 04:15 PM
What did Amare do in retaliation? Did either get ejected?
Amare was hunched over for a while, probably hiding the fact that he was crying, then waited for his teammates to surround him before going into his "tough guy" routine trying to act like he wanted to go fight.

monosylab1k
04-10-2008, 04:18 PM
It didn't look that bad at all on TV, even in real time, but you could tell Bowen was trying to elbow him. Amare definitely either A)faked how hurt he really was to get Bowen a T and possibly suspended, or B) is a wussy little bitch. Either option is believable.

Gino
04-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Its funny because Im sure Mavs fans hate Bowen as much as anybody.

They just hate Amare more.

spursfan09
04-10-2008, 09:36 PM
If you have to make a thread opposite of this when they win the c-ship again. yeah thats right I still believe.