PDA

View Full Version : CIA Pop?

peskypesky
04-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Did Pop lose this on purpose so we can slip to the 4th seed and play Houston in the first round?

Budkin
04-09-2008, 11:11 PM
No. We went ice cold in the 4th... look at the shot chart.

Hemotivo
04-09-2008, 11:11 PM
sure

ancestron
04-09-2008, 11:12 PM
no. The Spurs couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Amarelooms
04-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Did Pop lose this on purpose so we can slip to the 3rd seed and avoid Dallas in the first round?

We have a winner. This really is bullshit and the league should fine him and the Spurs organization. Last year ya'll won without facing the Mavs and any non-homer would agree the Mavs would likely win...and now he's trying to avoid the matchup again :pctoss

Pop is trying to have the Lakers vs Mavs in first round....he needs to grow a pair and man up

Let's see SPURS vs MAVS :elephant

Tek_XX
04-09-2008, 11:15 PM
We'll beat the Mavs but maybe it's not a bad idea to have those two teams(fakers, pones) go at it.

peskypesky
04-09-2008, 11:16 PM
We have a winner. This really is bullshit and the league should fine him and the Spurs organization. Last year ya'll won without facing the Mavs and any non-homer would agree the Mavs would likely win...and now he's trying to avoid the matchup again :pctoss

Pop is trying to have the Lakers vs Mavs in first round....he needs to grow a pair and man up

Wow. That's gotta be the first time a Mavfan ever agreed with me.

But hey, Amarelooms, what's wrong with strategy?

The Truth #6
04-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Throwing out the CIA Pop card anytime we suck is fishing.

td4mvp21
04-09-2008, 11:19 PM
:lol Yeah, let's tank to the 3rd seed so we can face the 6th seeded Suns! That makes a ton a fucking sense.

Budkin
04-09-2008, 11:20 PM

There's no way in hell we tried to lose this game tonight... our offense just shriveled up in the 4th.

peskypesky
04-09-2008, 11:21 PM
There's no way in hell we tried to lose this game tonight... our offense just shriveled up in the 4th.

You sure about that? Why else would Pop take Tim out when the Spurs were on a run?

DazedAndConfused
04-09-2008, 11:22 PM
So Pop throws games to avoid the Mavs to instead play the SUNS in the 1st round? Stop making dumb excuses, your team lost fair and square. I've never seen fans of a team refuse to admit they were defeated like Spurs fans.

peskypesky
04-09-2008, 11:22 PM
:lol Yeah, let's tank to the 3rd seed so we can face the 6th seeded Suns! That makes a ton a fucking sense.

Pop is smarter than you. Remember that. He has 4 titles.

peskypesky
04-09-2008, 11:23 PM
So Pop throws games to avoid the Mavs to instead play the SUNS in the 1st round? Stop making dumb excuses, your team lost fair and square. I've never seen fans of a team refuse to admit they were defeated like Spurs fans.

You don't believe in CIA Pop?

DazedAndConfused
04-09-2008, 11:25 PM
No I believe Pop would do something like that if it benefited his team. But right now the Suns are far more a threat than the Mavs.

pawe
04-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Look, if the suns lost then they wont be able to catch Hou for the 5th seed.
Its still a business, the Spurs management would rather face a depleted Hou team than the mavs. More games on the playoffs = more income.

BonnerDynasty
04-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Rockets have PHX, Denver, Utah, Clippers.

If Rockets drop to 6th, Pop would be a damn fool not to try and get them first round.

Pop gave up on Utah after the first half, so why not.

If Pop truly cared about 1st place, then the Defending champs must really suck if they cannot beat Utah and PHX when they apparently WANT the wins.

tmtcsc
04-09-2008, 11:28 PM
I think the brutal schedule and the tough Western Conference is starting to take its toll on the Spurs. They looked like a bunch of strangers out on the floor tonight and Tim looked scared and frustrated. Shaq intimidates him like no other.

We were blown out because Manu was off. I just hope he isnt injured because that was one of the worst games I've ever seen out from him.

Get well soon Manu. We'll go as far as you take us.

peskypesky
04-09-2008, 11:30 PM
No I believe Pop would do something like that if it benefited his team. But right now the Suns are far more a threat than the Mavs.

I don't agree. Dirk is still a match-up problem for the Spurs. And Mavs are only team to beat Spurs in the post-season in recent years, so there's the psychological edge.

I may be wrong, but there's no other explanation for Pop throwing this game.

dav4463
Spurs got beat. It happens. Look what happened to New Orleans against Utah......66 points ???? that's the #1 seed.....nothing is guaranteed in the West this year.

intlspurshk
SPUR offense are really bad nowadays but I see Pop has no intention to make some corrections, which are strange. Maybe Pop really wants to play Houston in the 1st round. Suns will definitely move upward.

BTW, this year is Boston year anyway. I agree

J_Paco
04-09-2008, 11:33 PM
I think the brutal schedule and the tough Western Conference is starting to take its toll on the Spurs. They looked like a bunch of strangers out on the floor tonight and Tim looked scared and frustrated. Shaq intimidates him like no other.

We were blown out because Manu was off. I just hope he isnt injured because that was one of the worst games I've ever seen out from him.

Get well soon Manu. We'll go as far as you take us.

No, this team will go as far as the Big 3 takes them. And, if any of them lays a certifiable egg like Manu did, Timmy and Tony did in the 4th, tonight, well this team is dead in the playoffs.

Oh, and fuck losing on purpose. This team's confidence has been way too up-and-down, it's way down right now IMO, for them to be giving up games, season series and possibly home-court in the playoffs.

Pop's rotations and substition patterns completely sucked tonight. That's partially why the team lost. :pctoss :pctoss :madrun :madrun

peskypesky
04-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Spurs twice had good leads. Both times, he benched the guy who was responsible for those runs. First Tony, then Tim. Explain those moves if you DON'T think Pop wanted to lose.

ancestron
04-09-2008, 11:41 PM
If this is CIA Pop, then he is doing an outstanding job getting everyone to suck.

timaios
04-09-2008, 11:48 PM
2 - San Antonio 53 25
3 - L.A. Lakers 53 25
4 - Utah 52 26
5 - Houston 53 25
6 - Phoenix 53 26

If San Antonio lose at Los Angeles, Houston could switch places with San Antonio.
We could play Utah without HCA ! :madrun

Medvedenko
04-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Are you guys serious....CIA Pop? WTF....
If the spurs are confident than there's no reason to tank the last couple of games versus playoff contenders. You typically want to play the best ball late in the season...and tanking games usually isn't in the cards.

braeden0613
04-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Are you guys serious....CIA Pop? WTF....
If the spurs are confident than there's no reason to tank the last couple of games versus playoff contenders. You typically want to play the best ball late in the season...and tanking games usually isn't in the cards.
Some people just cant come to terms with the fact that Pop makes some terrible moves. And it seems to be more frequent as of lately.

J_Paco
04-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Spurs twice had good leads. Both times, he benched the guy who was responsible for those runs. First Tony, then Tim. Explain those moves if you DON'T think Pop wanted to lose.

Please, great coaches and teams don't "try" to tank games. The team just got completely handled in the second half of the game. I've seen this team play well, and poorly, after losses like this one. Hopefully, these guys have alot more pride and confidence than they show tonight, especially against L.A.