PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fans are fooling themselves,

LakeShow
04-09-2008, 11:47 PM
If they think Barry and Horry will be their saviors!

:fro

Ok, I think that's 4 spurs threads. Just trying to even things up around here. Lakers get 4 threads per loss, might as well give the spurs the same. :)

Findog
04-09-2008, 11:50 PM
I think the playoffs are so wide open, at least in the West. Every team it's something:

Spurs - old and stagnant offense at times

Lakers - injury and health concerns.

Jazz - shitty road team, although they have recent road W's against Boston and NOLA.

Suns - shitty defensive team, even though Shaq improves their rebounding and is a presence in the paint.

Hornets - collective playoff virgins

Rockets - No Yao, no chance.

Mavericks - won't have HCA in any series, no frontcourt depth after Dampier, not enough points in the paint, have struggled against elite teams since the Kidd trade.

Warriors/Nuggets - shitty defense/first-round fodder.

You can make an argument for every team as to why they'll get eliminated.

ElNono
04-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Plus the playoffs are a completely different beast. You play a game, then you have a day or two off to make adjustments, then you play again, then the other team adjusts to the adjustments, and so on....

LakeShow
04-09-2008, 11:55 PM
I think the playoffs are so wide open, at least in the West. Every team it's something:

Jazz - shitty road team, although they have recent road W's against Boston and NOLA.

Suns - shitty defensive team, even though Shaq improves their rebounding and is a presence in the paint.

Mavericks - won't have HCA in any series, no frontcourt depth after Dampier, not enough points in the paint, have struggled against elite teams since the Kidd trade.

You can make an argument for every team as to why they'll get eliminated.Nice breakdown and I agree. I see it coming down to coaching. I have to give Phil the edge there. Exploiting matchups and making adjustments.

manufor3
04-10-2008, 07:09 AM

You can make an argument for every team as to why they'll get eliminated.

yes, wow im agreeing with a mavs fan