PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant Punk'd

Bounce580
07-31-2003, 10:00 PM
Kobe Bryant Punk’d

Kobe Bryant became the latest celebrity victim on Ashton Kutcher’s prank show, ‘Punk’d.’
Kobe Bryant’s four-week personal and public nightmare resulting from sexual assault charges ended today when it was revealed on MTV’s popular prank show, ‘Punk’d,’ that the entire incident was just an elaborate hoax.
“This was our most outrageous prank yet,” said host Ashton Kutcher. “The best part was when Kobe admitted he was an adulterer. That was awesome. I bet he regrets doing that now.”

‘Punk’d’ has gained a large viewership since debuting last season by pulling pranks on celebrities. The Bryant episode is the first of the new season.

“We got a lot of feedback after the first batch of episodes that our viewers wanted to see us mess with some athletes instead of just musicians and actors,” said Kutcher. “So we thought who better than straight-laced, respectable Kobe Bryant? I thought it would be totally cool to pin a fake rape charge on him.”

The ‘Punk’d’ cast collaborated with the Eagle County (CO) Sheriff’s Office on the hoax, turning a sexual encounter Bryant had with a female concierge at a local resort into an international media frenzy over the supposed clean-cut superstar’s innocence or guilt.

“Kobe got punked big time. We got him good,” said Kutcher.

Kutcher said the punking took an unexpected – but hilarious – turn on June 18th when Bryant admitted on national television, with his wife at his side, that he had committed adultery with the “accuser.”

“Man, Kobe’s wife was so pissed at him,” said Kutcher. “We totally didn’t think Kobe would come out on TV and admit doing it with that girl, but that just made the whole thing funnier.”

Bryant was relieved to hear today that the entire incident was a prank.

“You guys really got me good,” Bryant said after Kutcher burst into a closed-door meeting Bryant was having with his attorneys this morning. “I thought I was going to jail.”

Off-camera, Bryant admitted he wished the prank hadn’t cost him the trust of his wife and $4 million for the diamond ring he bought for her as a way to apologize.

“Maybe I can get Ashton to come over to our house and tell my wife that the whole adultery admission was just a prank, too,” Bryant said.

www.sportspickle.com/feat...-kobe.html (http://www.sportspickle.com/features/2003-0730-kobe.html)