PDA

View Full Version : Bowen downplays collision on court (My SA)

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2008, 01:21 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA041008.05C.BKNspurs.notebook.3e6efd6.html

Spurs notebook: Bowen downplays collision on court

Web Posted: 04/10/2008 12:24 AM CDT

Mike Monroe
Express-News

Spurs forward Bruce Bowen has been involved in his share of controversial incidents over the course of his career, but he didn't think a routine collision with Suns star Amare Stoudemire was one.

"Much ado about nothing," Bowen said after Stoudemire reacted angrily when Bowen ran into a screen he had set for Steve Nash.

Stoudemire accused Bowen of hitting him with an elbow with 3:28 remaining in the Suns' 96-79 victory at the AT&T Center on Wednesday.

Stoudemire took a few steps in Bowen's direction after a timeout was called and players were walking back to their respective benches after the two players bumped near mid-court. Coaches from both teams walked on the court to prevent tempers from getting out of hand.

"It definitely wasn't a basketball play on his part, and I reacted" Stoudemire said. "And I definitely didn't appreciate it. I let him know about it."

Asked if he would be Bowen's friend on the MySpace Web site, Stoudemire responded negatively at first, then changed his mind.

"I probably would," he said. "But just to get his address. Then I might go visit him at his home."

Still waiting: When Brent Barry spurned a contract offer from the Suns during his free agency that followed his release by the Seattle SuperSonics, Phoenix instead signed shooting guard Gordan Giricek.

For the time being, at least, Phoenix appears to have benefited from Barry's turning down the contract offer general manager Steve Kerr presented him in late February.

Waived by the Philadelphia 76ers on Feb. 29, Giricek has played in 18 games for the Suns and averaged 8.6 points.

Barry, meanwhile, has yet to play since re-signing with the Spurs on March 23.

With one week remaining in the regular season, there still is no timetable for Barry's return to action because of lingering problems related to the torn left calf muscle he suffered on Jan. 24 at Miami.

Barry and power forward Robert Horry, who has not played since bruising his left knee on March 21, continue to undergo physical therapy and work on their conditioning.

"It would be great if we could get some games for them before the playoffs," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "But I don't know if we will, or not. When I'm told they're ready to go, then I'll start thinking about it. But right now, I don't think about it."

Mahinmi honored: Spurs power forward Ian Mahinmi, assigned most of the season to the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League, on Wednesday was named first team All-D-League.

Mahinmi was selected as first-team center.

Idaho's Randy Livingston and Colorado's Eddie Gill were first-team guards.

The first-team forwards were Kasib Powell of Sioux Falls, and Sean Banks of Los Angeles.

The Toros also had two other players recognized — guard Andre Barrett on the second team and forward Marcus Williams, the Spurs' 2007 second-round draft pick, on the third team.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Fuck Stoudemire for saying that kind of shit, I saw that play and I didn't see any intent. Honestly, I didn't even see what that dumbass was whining about. Bowen has committed his share of unnecessary plays but that was not one of them. You guys had better whoop their ass next time because I still think you guys are the better team.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2008, 01:27 AM
thanks friend

I will add you on MySpace

BruceBowenFan
04-10-2008, 01:30 AM
video?

1Parker1
04-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Asked if he would be Bowen's friend on the MySpace Web site, Stoudemire responded negatively at first, then changed his mind.

"I probably would," he said. "But just to get his address. Then I might go visit him at his home

:lol This is why the NBA age limit needs to be increased. Some college education may have done Amare some good.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2008, 01:52 AM
Plus, do people still even use MySpace?? A Facebook reference would've been more "hip" in regards to the article!

T Park
04-10-2008, 01:53 AM
Stoudamire,

the epitome of class.

All Seeing Eye
04-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Stoudamire,

the epitome of class.

Damon?

TDMVPDPOY
04-10-2008, 02:17 AM
lets get retarded?

K-State Spur
04-10-2008, 02:19 AM
:lol This is why the NBA age limit needs to be increased. Some college education may have done Amare some good.

it would have taken some creative grading to get him through a single semester.

All Seeing Eye
04-10-2008, 02:24 AM
it would have taken some creative grading to get him through a single semester.

He's a basketball player. Does he need to be smart? His team just beat your team's ass. It's not an academic decathlon.

gmanrulz
04-10-2008, 02:25 AM
that pussy finds something to whine about towards bowen during every game

All Seeing Eye
04-10-2008, 02:26 AM

What was it for the previous game?

gmanrulz
04-10-2008, 02:27 AM
What was it for the previous game?

bowen intentionally tried to knee him in the clit

ancestron
04-10-2008, 09:36 AM
That was the most ridiculous shit. Bowen didn't do anything except run into him because he was a screener. There wasn't even that much contact. This happens a thousand times during a game. Stoudemire acted like he was in sooo much pain after being assaulted by the "Dirty" Bruce Bowen, just to have the opportunity to show how big and bad he thinks he is. What immature garbage. Your team won the game. Do you really want to turn it into a fight as well? Fuck you Amare Stoudemire. You're an immature piece of shit. Kids look up to you, motherfucker. Learn to act like a man and not some punk.

Ginofan
04-10-2008, 09:46 AM
*golf clap* Way to go Amare, you are the toughest of the tough. We are sincerely scared of you, we know you'll beat down anybody and everybody. :tu Nice job, guy.

You know, the player I despised the most in the league USED to be Kevin Garnett, but Amare is making himself known to me. I don't care how many dunks he throws down, how many pushups he does, or whatever...the guy is trash. Pure and simple trash.

1usamotorsports.com
04-10-2008, 10:17 AM

:lmao

1Parker1
04-10-2008, 10:18 AM
He's a basketball player. Does he need to be smart? His team just beat your team's ass. It's not an academic decathlon.

I wasn't talking about book smarts, I was referring to maturity level. College helps you in that regard too. Amare could use some.

Hemotivo
04-10-2008, 10:49 AM
:lmao :lol

Xylus
04-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Amare took a dump on San Antonio last night. It was a big mess.

Gino
04-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Its just so bizzare how all of these "gray area" dirty plays keep happening to Bruce Bowen, isn't it?

Ginofan
04-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Its just so bizzare how all of these "gray area" dirty plays keep happening to Bruce Bowen, isn't it?

It's just so bizzare how it's only a handful of people that keep bitching about him over and over, isn't it?

RonMexico
04-10-2008, 11:48 AM

Yeah, it's like why don't people leave OJ alone? He obviously didn't commit a double homicide because the jury said so.

tlongII
04-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Bowen is a dirty player. The entire league outside of San Antonio knows that. That was a cheap-shot elbow he gave Amare last night. No doubt about it.

RonMexico
04-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Bowen is a dirty player. The entire league outside of San Antonio knows that. That was a cheap-shot elbow he gave Amare last night. No doubt about it.

Coming soon: "If I Did It" by Bruce Bowen

And by "It" he means: elbow Amare in the chest, step on Amare's foot, knee Nash in the groin, kick Wally in the face, kick Chris Paul in the face, kick Ray Allen in the back, come down underneath Steve Francis's foot, come down underneath Anthony Parker's foot, come down underneath Vince Carter's foot.

All random.

Xylus
04-10-2008, 11:53 AM

sabar
04-10-2008, 11:53 AM
If Bowen elbowed him running into a screen Amare would have turned around and dropped him on the spot. I have a feeling Amare was exaggerating contact and got confused so to make it look legit he took a few steps towards Bowen.

Honestly, people run into screens a hundred times a game.

shelshor
04-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Did DUHmare ever get a high school diploma?

Medvedenko
04-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Is there a video...didn't see this last night.

magui86770
04-10-2008, 12:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPoXuZaxZTM

Harry Callahan
04-10-2008, 12:16 PM

If he even had half a brain, Amare may not have left the bench last year. You need some brainpower even in basketball, and Amare did not get in the intelligence line at all.

Supreme_Being
04-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Amare's a fucking pussy.

Medvedenko
04-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Wow...it looks like Bowen gave him the "Dim Mak" especially seeing Amare's reaction like that. What a lame hit really. No suspension warranted, well maybe for Amare for being a girl. Man.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2008, 12:26 PM
That was it??

lame

BonnerDynasty
04-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Pussies.

tlongII
04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Bowen led with the point of his left elbow and drove it into Amare's ribs.

Sportcamper
04-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Coming soon: "If I Did It" by Bruce Bowen....
:lol :lmao :lmao :lol

703 Spurz
04-10-2008, 12:51 PM

And by "It" he means: elbow Amare in the chest, step on Amare's foot, knee Nash in the groin, kick Wally in the face, kick Chris Paul in the face, kick Ray Allen in the back, come down underneath Steve Francis's foot, come down underneath Anthony Parker's foot, come down underneath Vince Carter's foot.

All random.

And Bowen still owns more rings then the Phoenix franchise does.

Man it kills me everytime

703 Spurz
04-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Bowen led with the point of his left elbow and drove it into Amare's ribs.

You get to watch the playoffs w/o your boys being in them. Again.

:lol

All Seeing Eye
04-10-2008, 12:55 PM
How about Bowen leg-whipping Steve Nash late in the 4th?

Sportcamper
04-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Like Karl Malone…Shaquille O’Neal… and Bill Laimbeer…Bruce Bowen is an original…The NBA will be a much duller place when he retires…

All Seeing Eye
04-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Like Karl Malone…Shaquille O’Neal… and Bill Laimbeer…Bruce Bowen is an original…The NBA will be a much duller place when he retires…

Safer, for sure.

DarrinS
04-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Are you people blind? Bowen kicked Amare directly in the nuts, and, according to Nash, those are some small nuts. So Bowen used his pinpoint nut-kicking accuracy and tried to intentionally hurt Amare.

Shaolin-Style
04-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow, Bowens not that muscular.

Amare sure acts tough when he does pushups and dunks as hard as he can...but when push comes to shove...he can't even take a shove.

All Seeing Eye
04-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Wow, Bowens not that muscular.

Amare sure acts tough when he does pushups and dunks as hard as he can...but when push comes to shove...he can't even take a shove.

It wasn't a shove.

Creation88
04-10-2008, 01:29 PM
amare's such a qeef

rAm
04-10-2008, 01:36 PM
It wasn't a shove.

Bowen should watch out, Amare might find out his address via myspace and cry all over his porch.

atxrocker
04-10-2008, 01:37 PM
fucking pussy.

something you wouldn't know anything about

atxrocker
04-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Amare took a dump on San Antonio last night. It was a big mess.

:tu all this amare hate from spurs fans makes me laugh

dbreiden83080
04-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I tell ya Amare is a hell of a player but what a mental midget and a fucking crybaby he is. He got hit in the chest while setting a pick and he is acting like Bowen kicked him in the balls, get over it asshole.

atxrocker
04-10-2008, 01:44 PM
sorta coincidental how often bowen's name is mentioned for dirty plays. just coincidence i'm sure.

SpursFanFirst
04-10-2008, 01:44 PM

:lol ok, that made me giggle

cindyp601
04-10-2008, 01:55 PM
dont see why this particular situation is such a big deal quit crying suns fan your team won... why bitch about this?

dbreiden83080
04-10-2008, 01:56 PM
sorta coincidental how often bowen's name is mentioned for dirty plays. just coincidence i'm sure.

He has been involved in some i admit that but this is in no way shape or form one of them. Once you get that rep anytime something happens that a player has a problem with everyone says "There he goes being dirty again", look at that play it was far from dirty.

tlongII
04-10-2008, 02:23 PM
You get to watch the playoffs w/o your boys being in them. Again.

:lol

Fortunately this is the last time. Be sure to wave when you pass me as you ride the escalator down and I ride the escalator up.

mavs>spurs2
04-10-2008, 02:36 PM
I don't blame Amare for what he said. If i'm just trying to play a basketball game and some douche with a bad rep for that kind of thing throws a blow at me, I'm going to hit his ass back. Amare was the bigger man just by stopping after taking a few steps because I'm not sure if I would have that kind of self control. I hate Amare Stoudamire as much as the next guy but he was in fact the bigger man last night just for not pulverizing Bowen.

Fernando TD21
04-10-2008, 02:37 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Fernando_M/amarecry-monsterbowen.jpg

dbreiden83080
04-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I don't blame Amare for what he said. If i'm just trying to play a basketball game and some douche with a bad rep for that kind of thing throws a blow at me, I'm going to hit his ass back. Amare was the bigger man just by stopping after taking a few steps because I'm not sure if I would have that kind of self control. I hate Amare Stoudamire as much as the next guy but he was in fact the bigger man last night just for not pulverizing Bowen.

Pulverizing Bowen for what?? Tell me what is it that he did that was so dirty?? If you play basketball you would know that guys come into you like that when screens are being set all the time. It was not an unusual play, Amare is just crying about it and trying to make it a big deal.

cindyp601
04-10-2008, 03:29 PM
agree with u 100% i think its so stupid that this has been made out to be such a big deal. i personally didnt see anything wrong with what he did, it did not look intentional like all suns fans are claiming. get over it, like i said earlier YOUR TEAM WON quit being a bunch of babies

Pulverizing Bowen for what?? Tell me what is it that he did that was so dirty?? If you play basketball you would know that guys come into you like that when screens are being set all the time. It was not an unusual play, Amare is just crying about it and trying to make it a big deal.

PHXSpursFan
04-10-2008, 03:29 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Fernando_M/amarecry-monsterbowen.jpg
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Spurs Brazil
04-10-2008, 03:37 PM
It was no big deal

Amare just cry too much

ambchang
04-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Check this video on how to set a screen.
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-set-a-screen-in-basketball
See how the "defender" led with his elbow, what a dirty bastard.

People should slam into a screen head first everytime to avoid being called dirty.

cornbread
04-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Black Charmin has returned just in time for the playoffs.

mavs>spurs2
04-10-2008, 04:01 PM

Oh i'm sorry, I got my info from a Phoenix sports board. You mean Bowen really didn't hit him in the stomach with a 2x4? :lol

cindyp601
04-10-2008, 04:04 PM
thanks for posting this. might be of some good to those suns fans who think they know about basketball but really do not

Check this video on how to set a screen.
See how the "defender" led with his elbow, what a dirty bastard.

People should slam into a screen head first everytime to avoid being called dirty.

FromWayDowntown
04-10-2008, 04:13 PM
I guess smalls who are dealing with blind screens from bigs in the open court really shouldn't be able to protect themselves. Bowen should have just allowed himself to be flattened by the screen and not bothered to try to fight over the top of it at all.

In fact, after several viewings, I'm pretty sure that no defender dealing with a screener has ever been as physical as Bruce Bowen was in dealing with that Stoudemire screen last night. Why Bruce Bowen isn't immediately given a lifetime ban from basketball for that crap is beyond me. Really, this kind of "protect yourself" mentality completely diminishes the game.

If Amare is going to be upset about that contact, he really is a little bitch.

michaelwcho
04-10-2008, 04:35 PM
If Amare is going to be upset about that contact, he really is a little bitch.

If Amare had to play against John Stockton, he'd be dead.

anjlbitz
04-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Amare, despite all of his talents would not have survived the NBA if he played in the 90s.

Harry Callahan
04-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Amare is borderline retarded. Fetal alcohol syndrome I think from the crackhead momma.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-10-2008, 04:49 PM

cornbread
04-10-2008, 04:55 PM
But seriously, has anybody heard if Amare's going to be okay?

greens
04-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Isn't this considered a threat by Amare?

He said that if he knew where Bruce lived, he'd visit him...in a threatening tone...

All Seeing Eye
04-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Isn't this considered a threat by Amare?

He said that if he knew where Bruce lived, he'd visit him...in a threatening tone...

Why? Are you scared for Brucey Bruce? If Stoudemire is such a pussy, what kind of threat is it?

Manure Ginosely
04-10-2008, 07:47 PM
big shocker Spurs fans. think bowen did nothing wrong.. and every other teams fans thinks Bowen is a piece of shit.

no wonder everyone on the planet thinks Spurs fans = pathetic..

fucken losers can't wait to see you all go bye bye round 1..

Kori Ellis
04-10-2008, 07:48 PM
big shocker Spurs fans. think bowen did nothing wrong.. and every other teams fans thinks Bowen is a piece of shit.

no wonder everyone on the planet thinks Spurs fans = pathetic..

fucken losers can't wait to see you all go bye bye round 1..

Nice screen name.

T Park
04-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Gotta say, thats an inovative name for a troll...

hitmanyr2k
04-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Amare, despite all of his talents would not have survived the NBA if he played in the 90s.

That's the truth. I can't fathom how such little contact from Bowen made Amare fold like a lawnchair. He was either acting to make Bowen look like a villain or he's just a bitch...maybe both.

T Park
04-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Hes a pussy bitch.

Manure Ginosely
04-10-2008, 08:00 PM
That's the truth. I can't fathom how such little contact from Bowen made Amare fold like a lawnchair. He was either acting to make Bowen look like a villain or he's just a bitch...maybe both.

obviously Amare acted he was fine than all the sudden he was 'hurt'.. however that doesn't make what Bowen did ok.. unnecessary and classless.. i'd expect nothing less from Bowen though..

hitmanyr2k
04-10-2008, 08:19 PM
obviously Amare acted he was fine than all the sudden he was 'hurt'.. however that doesn't make what Bowen did ok.. unnecessary and classless.. i'd expect nothing less from Bowen though..

Bowen didn't do anything lol. He ran into a screen and instinctively put his arms up to protect himself. That's it. And this is coming from a guy that's on the "Bruce is dirty" bandwagon. I know the guy can be bush league at times but that was nothing. Amare pulling the acting job and then pretending like he wanted to run at Bowen makes it even more pathetic. Damn, just take the fuckin win without all the drama.

Manure Ginosely
04-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Bowen didn't do anything lol. He ran into a screen and instinctively put his arms up to protect himself. That's it. And this is coming from a guy that's on the "Bruce is dirty" bandwagon. I know the guy can be bush league at times but that was nothing. Amare pulling the acting job and then pretending like he wanted to run at Bowen makes it even more pathetic. Damn, just take the fuckin win without all the drama.

put his arms up to protect himself? thats a good one..

T Park
04-10-2008, 08:28 PM
put his arms up to protect himself? thats a good one..

how does one protect themselves then? :lol

T Park
04-10-2008, 08:28 PM
God people this is basketball, not freaking Ping Pong.

Grow a pair Phoenix.

peskypesky
04-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Bowen didn't do anything lol. He ran into a screen and instinctively put his arms up to protect himself. That's it.

Exactly. That's why he was rolling his eyes on the sideline as he watched Amare getting his panties in a wad. Stoudamire sets a pick, Bowen runs into him, and Bowen was wrong for instinctively protecting his body with his arms? That's what anyone would do.

JackArse
04-10-2008, 09:16 PM
ok, do i consider this a dirty play? no. physical. however. when going thru a screen, you can lead with your forearm, meaning the wristal area (yeah, i like making up words)... not the elbow, which he did. now, you can say that yes, it wasn't that hard, but it also depends on the persons elbows, i'm not that big, but i have some sharp ass elbows, and i've hurt a few people while playing basketball, and i didn't even have to run into them, i let them run into me. some on purpose, some not.

the other play though of bowen getting burned and trying to take out nash's ankle, then the other one when he did the Cobra Kai leg sweep on nash, THOSE were dirty.

ThomasGranger
04-10-2008, 09:19 PM
the other play though of bowen getting burned and trying to take out nash's ankle, then the other one when he did the Cobra Kai leg sweep on nash, THOSE were dirty.

Video?

JackArse
04-10-2008, 09:22 PM
i'll have to see if i can find it on youtube, saw it on the tv earlier, i'll try and get it if i can though.

another thing about it, you can't compare what bowen does with laimbeer and the 80's players.

they would've hit you, then got on with the game when/if they got called for the foul, or laughed at you. bowen goes off and gets the sad face as if he didn't do anything wrong.

at times though, i do wonder if he's done it for so long if he doesn't realize he's doing it.

JackArse
04-10-2008, 09:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3339103&categoryId=2459788&n8pe6c=2

if you're able to watch this, you can see the leg sweep, kinda, need to get a bigger view to watch. but happens with about 6 seconds left. haven't found where he kicks at his ankles yet though.. will have to wait a little bit.

Ginofan
04-11-2008, 06:20 AM
Love him if you've got him, hate him if you don't. S.O.S. different day.

ambchang
04-11-2008, 07:50 AM

Grow a pair Phoenix.

Amare would be crying if he got hit by a Ping Pong ball.

ambchang
04-11-2008, 07:57 AM
ok, do i consider this a dirty play? no. physical. however. when going thru a screen, you can lead with your forearm, meaning the wristal area (yeah, i like making up words)... not the elbow, which he did. now, you can say that yes, it wasn't that hard, but it also depends on the persons elbows, i'm not that big, but i have some sharp ass elbows, and i've hurt a few people while playing basketball, and i didn't even have to run into them, i let them run into me. some on purpose, some not.

Please watch this INSTRUCTIONAL video again.
Notice how the defender protects himself, you see him use the "wristal" area?
Nice to know that you also acknowledge Stoudemire as a whiner, this guy is complaining about plays that are considered physical in the regular season by a Suns fan?

I actually would like to see it, as I believe I have a very different interpretation of what a dirty play is.

EDIT: Thanks for the video. That's a leg sweep? How does people expect Bowen to start and stop on a run? Some reason, people expect Bowen to be some kind of mountain goat where he can just start and stop on a dime without maintaining balance with his feet. Nash turned around for the pass in that play. Unless Bowen knew ahead of time that Nash would be doing that, he was just chasing Nash around.

ballhog
04-11-2008, 08:02 AM

Amare needs to go get some more tattoos. Maybe that'll make him look tougher anyway.

Manure Ginosely
04-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Nice to know that you also acknowledge Stoudemire as a whiner, this guy is complaining about plays that are considered physical in the regular season by a Suns fan?

I actually would like to see it, as I believe I have a very different interpretation of what a dirty play is.

EDIT: Thanks for the video. That's a leg sweep? How does people expect Bowen to start and stop on a run? Some reason, people expect Bowen to be some kind of mountain goat where he can just start and stop on a dime without maintaining balance with his feet. Nash turned around for the pass in that play. Unless Bowen knew ahead of time that Nash would be doing that, he was just chasing Nash around.

you are a big fucking piece of shit i saw you trying to defend bowen for like 35+ pages on the suns forum. you are probably the most pathetic human being on the planet. go fuck yourself.

spursfan09
04-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Yeah, it's like why don't people leave OJ alone? He obviously didn't commit a double homicide because the jury said so.

:lol at the comparison of OJ and Bowen. Glad to know he gets in your head to, just like all the NBA players.

I think its funny how Phoenix actually won the game, and yet they are still compliaining about something so insignificant. Yeah I can tell Spurs aren't in your heads at all.

xcoriate
04-11-2008, 08:55 AM
lame. There was nothing in that in terms of people running into screens that was about a 1/10 on how bad it can get. Have a lookk at these if you want to see a man setting a pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkK-DhdpLuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SWC6BmSUhk

Manure Ginosely
04-11-2008, 09:01 AM
:lol at the comparison of OJ and Bowen. Glad to know he gets in your head to, just like all the NBA players.

I think its funny how Phoenix actually won the game, and yet they are still compliaining about something so insignificant. Yeah I can tell Spurs aren't in your heads at all.

might be because you never earn your championships.. aka you are the most pathetic franchise on the planet.. go fuck yourself you fat fuck.

Soul_Patch
04-11-2008, 09:05 AM
LOL @ this thread.

Soul_Patch
04-11-2008, 09:05 AM
yer pathetic...waaahhh....you hurt my tummy....wahhh,...dirty...wahhhhh....wwahaaahhhh.. .

shut the fuck up already.

Manure Ginosely
04-11-2008, 09:07 AM
yer pathetic...waaahhh....you hurt my tummy....wahhh,...dirty...wahhhhh....wwahaaahhhh.. .

shut the fuck up already.

suck my white ass you fat pussy bitch

The Nba Is Rigged
04-11-2008, 09:12 AM
I've watched this video a couple of times and I've come to a conclusion, Stoudemire was acting on that play to make Bowen look bad imo. There was contact from Bowen but not enough to make Stoudemire moan like that. Stoudemire should be ashamed of himself.

Soul_Patch
04-11-2008, 09:13 AM
suck my white ass you fat pussy bitch

No u~

Borosai
04-11-2008, 09:14 AM
So when a guy setting a screen lays out a defender, it's a great screen, but when a defender gives a little back, it's dirty? That's laughable. Nobody would be calling Amare dirty if Bowen had ended up on his ass with a sore shoulder. If Amare can't take the contact then he shouldn't be setting screens.

Manure Ginosely
04-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Nobody would be calling Amare dirty if Bowen had ended up on his ass with a sore shoulder.

i wonder why that is genius..

resistanze
04-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Damn, Amare is soft as shit.

ambchang
04-11-2008, 09:29 AM
you are a big fucking piece of shit i saw you trying to defend bowen for like 35+ pages on the suns forum. you are probably the most pathetic human being on the planet. go fuck yourself.

This is hilarious. So defending Bowen for 35+ made me the most pathetic humna being on the planet? Try to read up on world news, there are things more evil than Bowen on this planet.

BTW, go on an bash Bowen, crusader of peace!

RonMexico
04-11-2008, 09:30 AM

No, we're complaining about you complaining about Amare complaining.

Kamnik
04-11-2008, 09:56 AM

Grow a pair Phoenix.

:lol :toast

Amare acts like a fucking cunt.

I get worse shots every few days from my friends when playing and we go for a beer afterwards and have fun and joke about it.

Amare grow some balls and brains :bang

ambchang
04-11-2008, 10:01 AM

And I have to complain about you complaining about him/her about complaining about Amare complaining about Bowen.

All Seeing Eye
04-11-2008, 12:21 PM

Bullshit. That video does not show the defender straight elbowing the screen setter. The defender is trying to get AROUND the screen you dumbass. Blasting into the screen with the elbow is causing the contact and does not help the defender get around the screen.

You a simply a blind homer. That is a trip plain and simple. You are a joke.

Kermit
04-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Bullshit. That video does not show the defender straight elbowing the screen setter. The defender is trying to get AROUND the screen you dumbass. Blasting into the screen with the elbow is causing the contact and does not help the defender get around the screen.

You a simply a blind homer. That is a trip plain and simple. You are a joke.

The very definition of irony is a Suns fan vigorously defending his team and their semi-retarded power foward while calling someone else a homer.

All Seeing Eye
04-11-2008, 12:38 PM
The very definition of irony is a Suns fan vigorously defending his team and their semi-retarded power foward while calling someone else a homer.

Tell you what. Find an impartial observer. Show them the clips. See what they say.

You show your weakness by taking shots at Stoudemire's intelligence level (which you have absolutely no knowledge of). Let's say Stoudemire IS a retard. So the fuck what? I don't care if he's the stupidest dude on the planet. What difference does that make on the court? It doesn't affect his basketball skill when he's draining jumpers over opponents or blocking shots or hitting free throws.

spursfan09
04-11-2008, 12:49 PM

Well Amare shouldn't be complaining in the first place. He won the game. Crying over a little shove? Lame!

All Seeing Eye
04-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Well Amare shouldn't be complaining in the first place. He won the game. Crying over a little shove? Lame!

First of all, the game was not over. Second of all, just because you're beating an opponent doesn't mean you should let cheap shots go.

Kermit
04-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Tell you what. Find an impartial observer. Show them the clips. See what they say.

You show your weakness by taking shots at Stoudemire's intelligence level (which you have absolutely no knowledge of). Let's say Stoudemire IS a retard. So the fuck what? I don't care if he's the stupidest dude on the planet. What difference does that make on the court? It doesn't affect his basketball skill when he's draining jumpers over opponents or blocking shots or hitting free throws.

From observance, I can tell you that their is a direct correlation between the intelligence of certain Suns players and those of their fans. It's not a weakness to point out a fact. Amare is borderline retarded. And a little bitch. Any impartial observer will agree with me. The evidence is too damning. And you should care if he's the stupidest dude on the planet. His lack of intelligence may of cost you the series last year.

All Seeing Eye
04-11-2008, 01:21 PM
From observance, I can tell you that their is a direct correlation between the intelligence of certain Suns players and those of their fans. It's not a weakness to point out a fact. Amare is borderline retarded. And a little bitch. Any impartial observer will agree with me. The evidence is too damning. And you should care if he's the stupidest dude on the planet. His lack of intelligence may of cost you the series last year.

The weakness is that instead of debating the merits of the issue at hand, you resort to irrelevant estimations of Stoudemire's intelligence. It's a bit like changing the subject because you have no substantive argument.

Plus, generalizing about Suns fans is also a weakness.

Soul_Patch
04-11-2008, 01:28 PM

I believe the announcers, who are impartial, stated that the incident was laughable at best...no foul, no suspension, Amare making a big deal over nothing...

I cant believe you fucking suns lemmings buy into this shit all the time. He accomplished just what he wanted to. Getting all you dimwits riled up against the big bad Spurs...

All Seeing Eye
04-11-2008, 01:45 PM
I believe the announcers, who are impartial, stated that the incident was laughable at best...no foul, no suspension, Amare making a big deal over nothing...

I cant believe you fucking suns lemmings buy into this shit all the time. He accomplished just what he wanted to. Getting all you dimwits riled up against the big bad Spurs...

The national announcers said nothing of the sort.

Soul_Patch
04-11-2008, 01:50 PM
The national announcers said nothing of the sort.

That is strange, it seems like from teh clip here, which is a national broadcast, i distinctly hear Hubie Brown talking about how insignificant it is,

Should i quote it exactly? or can you listen yourself?

2gQYpdOjjQA

Manure Ginosely
04-11-2008, 02:05 PM
That is strange, it seems like from teh clip here, which is a national broadcast, i distinctly hear Hubie Brown talking about how insignificant it is,

2gQYpdOjjQA

WHOA JOHN STARKS SAID THE SKY IS BLUE IT MUST BE TRUE!

All Seeing Eye
04-11-2008, 02:05 PM

Okay. I listened to it. Nobody says anything about it being "laughable" or "nothing". In fact Hubie uses the word "punishment".

Gino
04-11-2008, 02:10 PM

Eh..not exactly. Hubie said Amare should have protected himself, but thats kind of stupid considering then Amare would have been called for an offensive foul.

Look...Bruce elbowed Amare in the gut and it probably hurt a lot! Im not sure if it was intentional, but given Bowen's rep, you can understand why so many people are upset.

Soul_Patch
04-11-2008, 02:13 PM
If you want to argue semantics, yes you got me, they didnt exactly say that....

They did imply that it was a big deal abou nothing....of which you said "Find an impartial audience, show them the clips, see what they say"

Well, there you have it...impartial audience says it was pretty damn uneventful.

Also if the play was dirty, where was the foul call? you have three impartial witness put in place to judge this kind of thing...and no call?

Soul_Patch
04-11-2008, 02:15 PM
To imply a full court defender fighting around a screen and fending off with his forearm, is dirty, is just fucking stupid...

i mean very very fucking stupid...on any given night this exact play happens probably a handfull of times across a handfull of teams, yet Bruce Bowen does it, and Amare has all the lemmings out in force to defend his soft ass...

give me a break, there is nothing you can say taht would convince anyone other than Bowen haters, that this was a dirty play...nothing at all...

spursfan09
04-11-2008, 02:18 PM
First of all, the game was not over. Second of all, just because you're beating an opponent doesn't mean you should let cheap shots go.

:rolleyes. I hope Amare continues to not let things go. Last year was great when he was suspended for it. Amare should be smart enough to know Bowen's just trying to get under his skin. And it's definitly working.

FromWayDowntown
04-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Had it been Ginobili fighting over the screen like that, there would have been no discussion of this play at all.

Because it's Bruce Bowen, there are 5 pages of rambling nonsense trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

ambchang
04-11-2008, 02:25 PM

How about Hubie Brown? Find that video, listend to what he said.

All Seeing Eye
04-11-2008, 02:41 PM
How about Hubie Brown? Find that video, listend to what he said.

Are you not paying attention? Read the thread. We went through this already.

FromWayDowntown
04-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Are you not paying attention? Read the thread. We went through this already.

I'm not sure what Hubie said that makes you think that Amare is vindicated. Hubie's comments all seem to indicate his belief that it's just a routine play by any guard getting a backscreen in the open court -- he specifically says that the smaller player has to defend himself. Hanging your hat on the use of the word "punishment" strikes me as a rather significant reach -- "punishment" in professional sports tends to mean physical contact that should be expected (tacklers punish ball carriers; screeners punish the defender). Nothing about calling the contact "punishment" suggests the play was dirty, particularly because Hubie's clearly viewing the play as quite routine.

All Seeing Eye
04-11-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure what Hubie said that makes you think that Amare is vindicated. Hubie's comments all seem to indicate his belief that it's just a routine play by any guard getting a backscreen in the open court -- he specifically says that the smaller player has to defend himself. Hanging your hat on the use of the word "punishment" strikes me as a rather significant reach -- "punishment" in professional sports tends to mean physical contact that should be expected (tacklers punish ball carriers; screeners punish the defender). Nothing about calling the contact "punishment" suggests the play was dirty, particularly because Hubie's clearly viewing the play as quite routine.

It was posited that Hubie said it was laughable, which I was saying was wrong. I wasn't using Hubie to defend my view that Bowen's move was cheap. However, Hubie also says the defender goes low (?). Does elbowing a 6-10" PF in the chest seem in the area of "low"? Bowen was frustrated and rather than slip the screen or flop, he raised his arm to elbow Stoudemire in the chest. Just pointing it out. Not whining not complaining no foul should be called just pointing it out.

ambchang
04-11-2008, 02:58 PM
It was posited that Hubie said it was laughable, which I was saying was wrong. I wasn't using Hubie to defend my view that Bowen's move was cheap. However, Hubie also says the defender goes low (?). Does elbowing a 6-10" PF in the chest seem in the area of "low"? Bowen was frustrated and rather than slip the screen or flop, he raised his arm to elbow Stoudemire in the chest. Just pointing it out. Not whining not complaining no foul should be called just pointing it out.

Really? I thought it was positioned to say that Hubie Brown agreed that it was a routine everyday play, and that he hit Amare with his forearm instead of elbow.

And you are not complaining about a play that was never called a foul. So what are we arguing about? Whether Stoudemire is really a retard or not?

All Seeing Eye
04-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Really? I thought it was positioned to say that Hubie Brown agreed that it was a routine everyday play, and that he hit Amare with his forearm instead of elbow.

And you are not complaining about a play that was never called a foul. So what are we arguing about? Whether Stoudemire is really a retard or not?

Classic. First of all, I said "posited" which means "suggested" not "positioned". I don't care if a foul was called or not. The issue is did Bowen hit Stoudemire with his elbow (which is connected to the forearm) in the chest intentionally rather than just play clean basketball.

Nice job going to the retard thing.

FromWayDowntown
04-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Bowen was frustrated and rather than slip the screen or flop, he raised his arm to elbow Stoudemire in the chest. Just pointing it out. Not whining not complaining no foul should be called just pointing it out.

Or Bowen continued to play hard (harder, perhaps than Stoudemire thought he would) and fought over a screen the way (as Hubie suggests) that any smaller man will when screened by a bigger man in that situation.

Frankly, I don't see the point of belaboring the discussion about the merits of Bowen's play or seeking unbiased views of it unless your intent is to show that somehow Bowen acted improperly. In that vein, we do have an unbiased view from a guy who's forgotten more basketball that you and I know and he's basically said that the play was completely routine. I would think -- taking you at your word that you're "just pointing it out" -- that would end this discussion.

ambchang
04-11-2008, 03:21 PM
WHOA JOHN STARKS SAID THE SKY IS BLUE IT MUST BE TRUE!

The sky isn't blue?

So did you say the sky is green?

FromWayDowntown
04-11-2008, 03:24 PM
The sky isn't blue?

So did you say the sky is green?

psssh. You probably think that Christopher Columbus is a credible source that the Earth is round. Lemming!

cindyp601
04-11-2008, 03:53 PM

thats pretty much a given.... all they do is complain and whine about stupid crap. can't believe this thread has expanded to 6 pages so lame

Manure Ginosely
04-11-2008, 04:10 PM
i cannot wait to flood this forum when you all get knocked from the playoffs.. fucking disgrace to the nba as a franchise..

Ginofan
04-11-2008, 04:19 PM
i cannot wait to flood this forum when you all get knocked from the playoffs.. fucking disgrace to the nba as a franchise..

:lol weeeeee! I can't wait to flood an internet forum!!! WEEEEEEE!

You're special....really special.

cindyp601
04-11-2008, 04:44 PM
haha

Manure Ginosely
04-11-2008, 04:45 PM
:lol weeeeee! I can't wait to flood an internet forum!!! WEEEEEEE!

You're special....really special.

really special? go back to 3rd grade you dumb fuck..

MannyIsGod
04-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Amare
Is
A
Giant
Fucking
Pussy

T Park
04-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I have no life..

FromWayDowntown
04-11-2008, 06:08 PM
disgrace to the nba as a franchise..

Yeah, all of those wins (2nd in the association since the merger); all of those division titles (same); all of those playoff appearances (same); all of those playoff wins (same); all of those deep playoff runs; so many high character players and coaches; the undying love of the fans in a city -- it's truly a disgraceful thing.

DAINTX
04-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Bowen never cries or whines no matter what happens to him. He can get whacked around, flagrant fouled, whatever....but he never cries to the media. Now, you may not like Bowen's game, you may call him a "dirty" player, and it's true he definitely operates on the "edge"...but OTOH, Bowen can take what he dishes out and he does it without whining. I think he just expects reciprocity from his peers. Some though, just can't help themselves. They just have to cry a little to make themselves feel better.