PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs need to run and gun more...

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2008, 10:54 AM
...but with Barry injured, I don't if they still have the personel to pull it off.

I guess they can do it with their small ball lineup, but like a lot of other posters said, the tempo needs to be pushed. It feels like SA is only averaging like 4 fast break ppg over the last few games.

I think run and gun would keep Shaq off the floor, but like I said, I don't know if this team is equipped to play that style when it has to, although it worked nicely back in 2005.

remingtonbo2001
04-10-2008, 11:05 AM
They will.

However, there's no point in wasting your energy now. I don't think Pop cares about HCA. Everyone in the West is consuming themselves over positioning. The Spurs don't.
Really, the problem I see on the offensive end, is energy. Since it's there defensively, I'm not too concerned.

This may be a classic case of CIA Pop. But we won't know until the playoffs (which bothers the hell outta some folks around here).

I believe the last 5 games are coming up. Let's see how we play against LA.
I think many will be surprised.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm not even worried about HCA, if the Spurs continue to lay eggs at home, playing on the road is just out of the question.

In previous seasons, our D would always compensate for our lack of O, but the Offense this year is such a joke, which is stunning when you have TD, TP, and Manu on your team. Those guys should be averaging 9 points every fourth quarter by themselves for god's sake.

Gino
04-10-2008, 11:09 AM
...but with Barry injured, I don't if they still have the personel to pull it off.
I guess they can do it with their small ball lineup, but like a lot of other posters said, the tempo needs to be pushed. It feels like SA is only averaging like 4 fast break ppg over the last few games.

I think run and gun would keep Shaq off the floor, but like I said, I don't know if this team is equipped to play that style when it has to, although it worked nicely back in 2005.

This is what I was thinking when I read the thread title. It just seems that the Spurs dont have enough offense from their role players this year.

ancestron
04-10-2008, 11:09 AM
The fast break just isn't clicking this year like it has in the past. They always seem to screw it up. Just to much hesitation overall in every aspect of the Spurs game right now.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Didn't timvp mention something like how TD only has ONE assisst in his past 4 games? I mean, wow.

I think Udoka is way too streaky to depend on for consistent outside shooting, and if Bowen has a hand in his face and isn't parked in the corner, then his 3's will be tricky as well.

That pretty much leaves Manu and Finley. One of which looks exhausted and the other which didn't get nearly enough shots off despite shooting an 80% clip last night.

Also, the fact that PHX doesn't double Timmy anymore is obviously huge for them when it comes to closing out on our shooters. The one win we did get against PHX all year was because Vaughn got 30 open jumpers.