PDA

View Full Version : Andre Barrett

tav1
04-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Gang,

When Bobby Jones' deal is up, I'd like the Spurs to sign Andre Barrett just to give them restrictive rights to Barrett this summer. Jones is not a long term solution. Barrett is at least as good as Mouse at this point, and could be cheap roster fill and a nice Toros assignment next season. If the Spurs find a better option then Barrett this summer, they can let him walk. My personal wish list is trading for either Javaris Crittenton or Sergio Rodriguez or simply signing Juan Carlos Navarro with some of their MLE--Navarro is a combo guard but I think he'd be a good fit playing behind Parker and occasional small minutes at the 2.

It would be great to see JV retire and take up a clipboard. I can't imagine the Spurs having championship success next year unless they bring in someone to replace him.

Thoughts?

urunobili
04-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Gang,

When Bobby Jones' deal is up, I'd like the Spurs to sign Andre Barrett just to give them restrictive rights to Barrett this summer. Jones is not a long term solution. Barrett is at least as good as Mouse at this point, and could be cheap roster fill and a nice Toros assignment next season. If the Spurs find a better option then Barrett this summer, they can let him walk. My personal wish list is trading for either Javaris Crittenton or Sergio Rodriguez or simply signing Juan Carlos Navarro with some of their MLE--Navarro is a combo guard but I think he'd be a good fit playing behind Parker and occasional small minutes at the 2.

It would be great to see JV retire and take up a clipboard. I can't imagine the Spurs having championship success next year unless they bring in someone to replace him.

Thoughts?
Sergio Rodriguez would be awesome

tav1
04-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Sergio Rodriguez would be awesome

Yeah, he could be good. He's probably not available, but he's not playing and the Trailblazers have roster problems in the sense that they need to thin things out. Pritchard is smart, and won't want to give up Sergio for nothing, but could find himself in a tight spot. This is why a draft pick or trade exception could be attractive to him, he gets something, but doesn't chew into his roster.

I actually like Crittenton more, and he could be available given the crowded pg situation in Memphis. He's also not playing there--if Memphis ends up with D. Rose, both Crittenton and Lowry will be moved.

Bruno
04-10-2008, 06:28 PM
If Spurs sign Barrett for the remainder of the season, he will be an UFA this summer because he has 4 years of service.
The way to have some rights on him is to sign him for the rest of the season and next season without a fully guaranteed contract.

Aside of this CBA point, I don't think it's a good idea. Barrett is a limited player. He is very small and hasn't an outstanding talent. I don't see him becoming one day a NBA backup PG.

ChumpDumper
04-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Andre is ok as a third stringer if the Spurs don't keep Vaughn.

Indazone
04-11-2008, 01:40 AM
Andre another Rockets casualty. Seriously though, he's just not that good.

tav1
04-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Andre is ok as a third stringer if the Spurs don't keep Vaughn.

Assuming that Vaughn hangs around, who is the #2 point guard? I'm suggesting Barrett as the #3 and Toros assignment.