PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Spurs

lonestr
04-10-2008, 11:34 AM
The San Antonio Spurs: These few words bring pride, excitement, and confidence to those who support this extraordinary franchise. The Spurs have made their mark in this league when everything around them is so embedded in the glitz and glam where players are showered with the obscene money that is so prevalent in the larger market franchises of the league and individualism is the marketing standard for these powerhouses.

To those who support the other teams of the league, the words bring on a sense of loathing, hate, and despicable antics to match their disdain for the Spurs. They see them as hillbilly and out of the glamorous mold that they define what teams should be and look like. The Spurs are unassuming, unpretentious, and unselfish. But we’ve managed to be a thorn to many of this leagues elite with their powerhouse perches, and their powerhouse market shares.

Last nights game against Phoenix has wrought a torrent from both sides of the aisle and for some a condemnation of the biggest nemesis in their existence. As a fan, I am not in the least bit worried about the loss to the Suns, for there was a strategy in the background played out by coach Popovich that no one seems to take notice. Pop knows very well not to go head to head with a rival team just as physical as the Spurs who are hell bent to prove a point that they can demolish this team. Pop knows the price that must be paid for such a folly and all for a meaningless game before the playoffs.

I don’t blame the Suns and their fans for wanting blood. After all, we did exactly that in last years post season run. What a terrible humiliation. Like in boxing, never give in to anger. Stay cool and collected and rack up the points for all the rounds. When your opponent is faltering, hit with all you might and lay the poor bastard out on the canvas.

Yes, there is a reason why San Antonio has a championship team and a fan base to be envious of. It’s the culmination of experience and the teachings of old school of hard knocks that has Pop orchestrating this symphony called the San Antonio Spurs. So I tell you to be patient and not fret the loss. In fact, we may very well see another loss to another over zealous team that needs to feel superior and demolish our players, but wait and see… bad things await those who stand before the Spurs in the playoffs. You know exactly what I mean. We’ve seen it time and time again. Let’s not forget who we are, better yet, lets remember who we are not. We are not the Laker’s, we are not the Mavericks, and we are not the Phoenix Suns. Just knowing this fact makes me proud to live in a time that I have seen over a decade worth of Spurs basketball, can any other fan say that?

So roll up your sleeves and let’s kick these slimy, wriggling, spineless trolls out of our house, even the hallowed halls of the AT&T center needs some kind of pest control

Xylus
04-10-2008, 11:40 AM
KFC.