PDA

View Full Version : Sort of a compliment from the Boston Globe

ShoogarBear
01-16-2005, 02:09 PM
The Magic got Doug Christie, who can't help but shore up their brutal defense. (Christie did not play in Orlando's win in Minnesota.) But he's also 34 and is due more than $8 million next season. For Orlando's sake, you hope it works out. But history tells us that anytime you deal with Kings boss Geoff Petrie, you end up on the losing end. (He's one guy whose calls I wouldn't take. Same with R.C. Buford in San Antonio.)

Link (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2005/01/16/atlantic_is_all_watered_down?pg=4)

Funny, 'cause I don't think of R. C. as much of a wheeler-dealer (getting Hedo for nobody notwithstanding), but more of a talent evaluator/drafter/free agent guy.

GoSpurs21
01-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Link (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2005/01/16/atlantic_is_all_watered_down?pg=4)

Funny, 'cause I don't think of R. C. as much of a wheeler-dealer (getting Hedo for nobody notwithstanding), but more of a talent evaluator/drafter/free agent guy.That's mainly cause Pop doesnt like to make drastic changes to the line up during the season.

Kaster
01-16-2005, 11:45 PM
^ That, and the fact that RC isn't doing the scouting, which is where the Spurs have really found their gold (Parker, Manu and maybe Beno).

Sense
01-17-2005, 12:34 AM
I actually think that Parker, Manu and Beno weren't as good before they made it in the NBA, and noticed that they were in a special team.

Pop, the fans, the coaches, and the teamates, made them what they are today.

International ball is never the same as what they play everyday.

I still thank god for them.

pjjrfan
01-17-2005, 01:17 AM
No, these guys have talent, and to our credit someone in our organization found them. Manu was already penned in to replace Steve Smith, until he hurt his ankle and Smith played so poorly that Pop put in Jackson in there. Parker surprised even the Spurs staff, and the same for Beno with his game. Parker and Manu were NBA ready when they came in. Beno, it took him a month but he seems to have found a niche. It remains to be seen if Beno could survive in another environment besides the Spurs.
tony and Manu can make it with any team in the NBA.

Sense
01-17-2005, 01:31 AM
The point is, INTERNATION PLAYERS APPRECIATE THE NBA

There are exceptions, but thank god, we don't have any.