PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Finally gets on Gasol. It's about time!

LakeShow
04-10-2008, 02:22 PM
What took you so long Phil? Thank You!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakerep9apr09,1,7634741.story

Jackson isn't afraid to tweak players, although he hadn't criticized Pau Gasol -- until Tuesday.

Jackson didn't like Gasol's early effort Sunday against Sacramento.

"He was soft to the ball, he was soft on the rebounds," Jackson said. "He acknowledged that he wasn't quite ready to play in that game. He came back in the second half and played well."

Gasol had two turnovers in the first four minutes but finished with 20 points and nine rebounds in a 114-92 victory over the Kings.

Indazone
04-10-2008, 02:31 PM
and this is news how?

LakeShow
04-10-2008, 02:38 PM
and this is news how?
Jackson has never gotten on Gasol about his weak play in the post, but now he has. It sure is news to me and probably to most Lakers fans. I'm glad to hear it!

Indazone
04-10-2008, 02:44 PM
This is what coaches should do. They get on guys if they aren't playing hard and pull them aside to teach if they aren't doing something right. So for me...news story about Phil Jackson being a coach

meah

LakeShow
04-10-2008, 02:49 PM
This is what coaches should do. They get on guys if they aren't playing hard and pull them aside to teach if they aren't doing something right. So for me...news story about Phil Jackson being a coach

meah
True, but because of Gasol's being new and just learning the system Phil has given him a break but now he is making him accountable. I want to see Phil call a time out during a game that he's not giving a good effort on Defense, like he does with all of his players. It's a good sign, imo.