PDA

View Full Version : 8th seed upsets 1st seed 2008

Jack Sommersset
04-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I can see Denver,Dallas or Golden State beating the Hornets in round number one easily. Denver would have a tougher time but I would bet some cash it could be done for a good pay off.

I am not jumping on Hornets bandwagon just yet. The west has had a major face lift with Lakers, Mavericks, Suns and all teams made adjustments. Even Spurs went out to get Thomas. Hornets did very well this year, no dispute there but durning these changes they had to have benifited.

GS and Mavericks 90 % would beat the Hornets

Denver....Flip a coin

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-10-2008, 06:02 PM
God, these playoffs are gonna be one for the decade.

spursluva
04-10-2008, 08:05 PM
yes they are

TampaDude
04-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Hornets-Warriors would RULE!!!

manufor3
04-10-2008, 08:08 PM
yep

icem
04-10-2008, 08:36 PM
the 2 - 7 is going to be interesting as well....

mavs are hitting their stride right in time for the playoffs... whoever lands in the 2 seed is going to have a real handful.

kingsfan
04-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Hawks over Celts sounds good to me :toast

Cry Havoc
04-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Aside from the 8 seed and Houston, every team in the West is elite. Period. No easy outs, and they're ALL playing well. If Houston would have had Yao for the playoffs, it would be the best conference in the history of sports.

Jack Sommersset
04-11-2008, 02:32 PM
The problem I keeping thinking about the potential of the Western conference playoffs being AWESOME is that seldom do things live up to the billing.

BUT This is going to be AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ata
04-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I can see Denver,Dallas or Golden State beating the Hornets in round number one easily. Denver would have a tougher time but I would bet some cash it could be done for a good pay off.

I am not jumping on Hornets bandwagon just yet. The west has had a major face lift with Lakers, Mavericks, Suns and all teams made adjustments. Even Spurs went out to get Thomas. Hornets did very well this year, no dispute there but durning these changes they had to have benifited.

GS and Mavericks 90 % would beat the Hornets

Denver....Flip a coin
Did you not see how CP3 abused Kidd last time?
It is possible for Mavs to beat Hornets, but it won't be walk in the park.

1Parker1
04-11-2008, 03:00 PM
If the playoffs started today, I could see an "upset" in almost every round in the West.

I can see the Mavs beating the Spurs. I can see the Nuggets beating the Hornets. I can see the Suns beating the Lakers, I can definitely see the Jazz beating the Rockets.

Jack Sommersset
04-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Keeping with "if the playoff started today" The only arguable upset would be Denver beating the Hornets. The rest I think majority would say "toss up" no matter what there seeds were.