PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Conspiracy?

xtremesteven33
04-11-2008, 02:35 PM
ok..ok...ive heard the crazy conspiracy theories about how "CIA POP" is intentionally losing games to get out of a first round matchup with the Mavs, who by the way look very dangerous right now, i thought sounded ludacris.
But the more i see how Pop made some very strange decisions regarding subs at crucial times of the game (with the suns and jazz) and how he wasnt yelling or trying to motivate his guys on either defense or offense it seemed kinda strange to me.

Heres my theory, I believe first off Ginobili is obviously not seriously hurt.(groin). i believe that Pop is sitting out Ginobili to either save his energy for the playoffs OR he is sitting him out to tank 1 or 2 games. he is not hurt at all, but he is being sat out for 1 or 2 games. WHY??!! you may ask.... well consider this. Right now at this moment, The Spurs sit at #3. The Spurs DO NOT want #2 and #1 right now seems kinda out of reach considering there is only 4 games left and the Hornets show no sign of slowing down. The #3 spot would be ideal for San Antonio so they could POTENTIALLY face the HOUSTON ROCKETS in the first round rather than the MAVERICKS.

consider this, TONIGHT Rockets vs Suns......whoever wins will go to the #5 spot. whoever loses goes to #6. If the Suns keep wining after this win against the rockets, and the rockets win or lose thier remaning games the Rockets are still a lock for #6 and if the Spurs stay at #3 they would face the Rockets in the First round......

sounds crazy? yea a little...sounds like a gamble? of course...but its just a thought....Who wouldnt want to face the Rockets in the first round right now?
Who wants to face the Mavericks right now?I know people here are gonna say " This is stupid" but consider that Pop has that advantage with proven veterans who can turn up the intensity at any given game. He doesnt have to have them winning every game to get in playoff mode. So my prediction is that "CIA POP" will be waitng for the outcome of tonights ROCKETS vs SUNS game. and will make future decions based on it...

Princess Pimp
04-11-2008, 02:38 PM
That's for losers man! A "Defending" "Champ" wouldn't do such thing, then again maybe they are not real "champs" but "accidental" or "lucky" "champs"

xtremesteven33
04-11-2008, 02:40 PM
That's for losers man! A "Defending" "Champ" wouldn't do such thing, then again maybe they are not real "champs" but "accidental" or "lucky" "champs"

These "lucky champs" have beaten yall guys 3 times in 4 years.....until you beat us in the playoffs you can talk...until then....go to the suns forum....

lefty
04-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Pop is going CIA for sure.

D'Antoni should have done that; he is " Captain Obvious "

Princess Pimp
04-11-2008, 02:43 PM
These "lucky champs" have beaten yall guys 3 times in 4 years.....until you beat us in the playoffs you can talk...until then....go to the suns forum....

No worries that will happen this year in the fisrt round only that the Suns as a 3rd seed with HCA and the Spurs as a 6th seed without HCA OUCH!!!

Jack Sommersset
04-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I can see crater face poppy losing some games on purpose but not to avoid the Mavericks but to play Houston. Suns, Mavericks and Jazz.... All the same in my book. Tough . But to get Houston, get some games under the belt and hope the other teams hurt each other. I can see that. Not to avoid just Mavericks though. The biggest prize would be to win the number one seed to play Denver(not going to happen), second Houston. Thats worth a couple of losses down the stretch. I now see it cause Mangoo has been put on the shelf. But not before the Suns loss!

Kori Ellis
04-11-2008, 02:45 PM
So, you believe that Manu faked limping around the court in the last game?

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/853/VRWCBlackHelicopters.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7720/tinfoilhat2cy2.jpg

DAF86
04-11-2008, 02:47 PM
If he's doing this on purpose (i don't think so) he's wrong. I prefer HCA.

Mister Sinister
04-11-2008, 02:49 PM
:lmao Thanks, Kori. You made my freakin' week with that.

smeagol
04-11-2008, 02:51 PM
No worries that will happen this year in the fisrt round only that the Suns as a 3rd seed with HCA and the Spurs as a 6th seed without HCA OUCH!!!

You are a prime example in a long line of uber-stupid troll posters that have graced the threads of ST.

LakerGod and Wolves009 quickly come to mind.

I wonder if you are not them :sleep

1Parker1
04-11-2008, 02:52 PM
:lol @ Kori's photo.

Solid D
04-11-2008, 02:54 PM
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/images/hoax/flagwaving_med.jpg

Photo actually taken from a scaffold at the "Set" in Houston.

DarrinS
04-11-2008, 02:56 PM
RukhnSSUmeI

Rique
04-11-2008, 03:00 PM
This would be a bit tricky because, if you look at it closely, the Rockets are tied with the Spurs recordwise with Phoenix only a half game back. So basically, this would have to happen.

Houston needs to lose at least 2 more games...
Their remaining games..
Suns @ home L
@Denver W or L
@Utah L
Clippers @ home W

I can see losses against Suns and Utah. I see Houston easily at #6 no problem.

Here is the tricky part.
Suns need to win 2 and lose 1. They hold the tiebreaker against the Spurs. So they could easily steal the #2 or #3 spot.
@ Houston W
GS @ home L
Portland @ home W

Basically, Suns need to lose a game. If Suns win out, I don't think it is possible for the Spurs to get the #3 seed. UNLESS, Lakers drop to 4th. Spurs own tie with Lakers, but Suns own tie with Spurs.

Lakers remaining games..ALL at home
NO
SA
SAC

After tonight, I think the picture will be much clearer.

BonnerDynasty
04-11-2008, 03:27 PM
I think I was the first on ST to come up with this conspiracy.

Scola Trade
04-11-2008, 04:19 PM
ok..ok...ive heard the crazy conspiracy theories about how "CIA POP" is intentionally losing games to get out of a first round matchup with the Mavs, who by the way look very dangerous right now, i thought sounded ludacris.
But the more i see how Pop made some very strange decisions regarding subs at crucial times of the game (with the suns and jazz) and how he wasnt yelling or trying to motivate his guys on either defense or offense it seemed kinda strange to me.

Heres my theory, I believe first off Ginobili is obviously not seriously hurt.(groin). i believe that Pop is sitting out Ginobili to either save his energy for the playoffs OR he is sitting him out to tank 1 or 2 games. he is not hurt at all, but he is being sat out for 1 or 2 games. WHY??!! you may ask.... well consider this. Right now at this moment, The Spurs sit at #3. The Spurs DO NOT want #2 and #1 right now seems kinda out of reach considering there is only 4 games left and the Hornets show no sign of slowing down. The #3 spot would be ideal for San Antonio so they could POTENTIALLY face the HOUSTON ROCKETS in the first round rather than the MAVERICKS.

consider this, TONIGHT Rockets vs Suns......whoever wins will go to the #5 spot. whoever loses goes to #6. If the Suns keep wining after this win against the rockets, and the rockets win or lose thier remaning games the Rockets are still a lock for #6 and if the Spurs stay at #3 they would face the Rockets in the First round......

sounds crazy? yea a little...sounds like a gamble? of course...but its just a thought....Who wouldnt want to face the Rockets in the first round right now?
Who wants to face the Mavericks right now?I know people here are gonna say " This is stupid" but consider that Pop has that advantage with proven veterans who can turn up the intensity at any given game. He doesnt have to have them winning every game to get in playoff mode. So my prediction is that "CIA POP" will be waitng for the outcome of tonights ROCKETS vs SUNS game. and will make future decions based on it...

So we're trying to avoid the Mavs on the 1st round and instead face the Suns :rolleyes :dizzy

Obstructed_View
04-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Sometimes Pop's decisions are so incomprehensible they require fantastic explanations to rationalize.

remingtonbo2001
04-11-2008, 11:19 PM
So, you believe that Manu faked limping around the court in the last game?

He does have an acting coach.

honestfool84
04-11-2008, 11:56 PM
so where does houston's win tonight leave this theory?

and if this theory isn't true, how is it that the suns freaking beat us, but they lose to the rockets?
ugh.

BonnerDynasty
04-12-2008, 12:05 AM
At this point I believe we would be better against the Mavs than the Suns. I don't know anymore.

I say go for 2nd and try to get the Mavs instead of Suns in first round.

Doctor J
04-12-2008, 01:20 AM
At this point I believe we would be better against the Mavs than the Suns. I don't know anymore.

I say go for 2nd and try to get the Mavs instead of Suns in first round.

DITTO!

barbacoataco
04-12-2008, 01:59 AM
My take is that the Spurs are more concerned with saving energy than anything else right now. I think they are also not running the same offensive plays that they will in the playoffs. They are not going to show everything they have at this point.

Trainwreck2100
04-12-2008, 02:08 AM
I think they're just playing like shit

Princess Pimp
04-12-2008, 02:29 AM
My take is that the Spurs are more concerned with saving energy than anything else right now. I think they are also not running the same offensive plays that they will in the playoffs. They are not going to show everything they have at this point.

If you morons haven't yet realized, this regular season games in the western conference already have a playoff atmosphere. Teams are already showing what they have, and the Spurs really don't have shit!

WildcardManu
04-12-2008, 02:47 AM
If you morons haven't yet realized, this regular season games in the western conference already have a playoff atmosphere. Teams are already showing what they have, and the Spurs really don't have shit!

The regular season means nothing to this team. We'll see what the Spurs got next week when the playoffs start then you can eat crow.

Princess Pimp
04-12-2008, 03:02 AM
The regular season means nothing to this team. We'll see what the Spurs got next week when the playoffs start then you can eat crow.

Typical "regular seaosn means shit " spurs fan excuse..

Let me hear your excuses when your little team get kicked out in the opening round!

SAGambler
04-12-2008, 08:12 AM

It's a thing called "strategy". Ever hear of it? It's part of winning the big prize. It's done in every sport.

TampaDude
04-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Typical "regular seaosn means shit " spurs fan excuse..

Let me hear your excuses when your little team get kicked out in the opening round!

Same goes for you, fool...the Spurs will bitchslap the Suns in the playoffs, just like they always do! :lol

ChuckD
04-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Only once in the three times we have beaten the Suns like a rented mule did we have HCA. Try again, dumbass.

Shouldn't be too much of a surprise that you don't know this, louis, seeing how you're a Rockets fan.