PDA

View Full Version : Suns, Bowen See Things Differently

duncan228
04-11-2008, 03:29 PM
I wasn't sure if this should go in the Bowen thread, I apologize if I made the wrong choice. Please merge if it belongs there.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/tribune_080411_spurs.html

Suns, Bowen See Things Differently
By Jerry Brown
East Valley Tribune

The Suns have a win over the Spurs in hand. Amaré Stoudemire accuses Bruce Bowen of a cheap shot. Television replays back up his claim. Bowen waves it off as a figment of Stoudemire’s imagination.

Déjà vu?

Whether it was Bowen kicking Stoudemire in the back of his leg in last year’s playoffs or burying an elbow in his rib cage in the fourth quarter of Wednesday’s win over the Spurs, his actions seem to speak louder than his words.

“Much ado about nothing,” was Bowen’s only comment to the San Antonio Express-News afterward.

The Suns, as is often the case involving Bowen, disagreed. As soon as the game ended, the coaches and players headed for the TV in the dressing room, running back a tape of the play.

Stoudemire said he went toward Bowen after he caught his breath “because I just wanted to talk to him,” before breaking into a smile. Then, when a San Antonio reporter asked him if he would be Bowen’s friend on MySpace.com, Stoudemire said, “I probably would, but just to get his address. Then I might go visit him at his home.”

Stoudemire has scored 20 or more points in 35 of the past 37 games, including the past 16 in a row.

The only two “sub-20” games came against the Spurs (16 on Jan. 31 and 16 on March 9). And despite a 16-point first half, he needed a three-point play with 3:52 left in the game to nudge over 20 on Wednesday.

A side piece from the same article:

ON SECOND THOUGHT

One by one, those in the media who panned Phoenix’s acquisition of Shaquille O’Neal are recanting their criticism. And Wednesday’s effort in the second half both offensively (14 points, 6-for-6 shooting in only 11 minutes) and defensively on Tim Duncan (1-for-5 in the fourth quarter) will only recruit more converts.

In two fourth quarters against the Suns with O’Neal guarding him one-on-one, Duncan has missed seven of nine shots.

“Before with Duncan, we had to double and scramble and he is one of the best passers when doubled,” Suns forward Grant Hill said. “But Shaq can guard him straight up and make Tim work for everything, while we stay home on our men.”

Lebowski Brickowski
04-11-2008, 03:31 PM
As soon as the game ended, the coaches and players headed for the TV in the dressing room, running back a tape of the play.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Phil Hellmuth
04-11-2008, 03:32 PM
nothing new in this article about the debacle.

Xylus
04-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Are we still talking about this? Seriously? Why the fuck is Jerry Brown, a paid journalist, bringing it back up two days after the event? Especially since it didn't seem like Bowen intended to cause harm, even if he failed to control his appendages.

Lamest story ever.

BillsCarnage
04-11-2008, 04:02 PM
With all the whining from spurs fans about whinny suns fans, i find it funny that it's a spurs fan that keeps making new threads/posts about it.

Manure Ginosely
04-11-2008, 04:07 PM
ya get a life you fucking pansies.

Lebowski Brickowski
04-11-2008, 04:19 PM
After the Suns get sent home by the Spurs every year, how long do you trolls have to wait for you to feel cocky enough before coming back on our fourm and talking the same shit season after season?

Allanon
04-11-2008, 04:25 PM
With bad blood piling on bad blood, I'd pay good money to see a Suns vs Spurs playoff round. This is a suspension-in-the-making series if I ever saw one.

Budkin
04-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Please let us meet in the playoffs... I can't wait to eliminate the pussy ass Suns again.

DazedAndConfused
04-11-2008, 04:43 PM
I love how the Spurs fans don't even give a shit that they just lost to the Suns twice. They still want to face them. That's how you know your team is fucking legit.

Manure Ginosely
04-11-2008, 04:43 PM
After the Suns get sent home by the Spurs every year, how long do you trolls have to wait for you to feel cocky enough before coming back on our fourm and talking the same shit season after season?

they def earned 0 of those series.. wont happen again this year you fat ugly bitch..

T Park
04-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Wow, ugly jerk suns fans.

Who knew there was such a thing?

Lebowski Brickowski
04-11-2008, 04:47 PM
they def earned 0 of those series.. wont happen again this year you fat ugly bitch..

:lmao

I think this is on the board in teh Suns locker room.

G-Nob
04-11-2008, 05:28 PM

The best post of 2008. Farking brilliant!

:rollin

SPURS vs NBA media
04-11-2008, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=duncan228]I wasn't sure if this should go in the Bowen thread, I apologize if I made the wrong choice. Please merge if it belongs there.

The Suns, as is often the case involving Bowen, disagreed. As soon as the game ended, the coaches and players headed for the TV in the dressing room, running back a tape of the play.

did we play the suns or Cuban's mavs now just send the tape to the NBA office and signed it Mark Cuban :elephant

SPURS vs NBA media
04-11-2008, 05:57 PM
:sleep

foodie2
04-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I like this part:

“Before with Duncan, we had to double and scramble and he is one of the best passers when doubled,” Suns forward Grant Hill said. “But Shaq can guard him straight up and make Tim work for everything, while we stay home on our men.”

Because with the way they play defense, I wasn't sure that was what they were actually doing.

Thompson
04-11-2008, 06:45 PM

If it does happen again this year would you begin to admit that maybe they are earning it... or will you be back posting this message again in 2009?

I'm sure there will be some new variation like "Oh yeah? Well, Amare wouldn't have curled into the fetal position and bawled like a schoolgirl if Bowen didn't do something. There's no video evidence, but we know he did 'cause Bowen's a dirty..."

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-11-2008, 07:15 PM
It's funny how big Amare can talk when there's a couple of concrete walls between he and Bowen.

If we end up playing them in a series again all it's going to take is one well-placed elbow or hip check from Thomas, Bowen, or Horry, and half of the Phoenix roster will be suspended again.

T Park
04-11-2008, 07:19 PM
:lol

Hell D'Antoni himself might go postal if that happened.

He was halfway postal about it the other night.

JMarkJohns
04-11-2008, 08:14 PM
:lol

Hell D'Antoni himself might go postal if that happened.

He was halfway postal about it the other night.

Maybe he can be suspended?! No... seriously? Please!

Lebowski Brickowski
04-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Maybe he can be suspended?! No... seriously? Please!

Do you WANT to give the suns an extra advantage? :lol

T Park
04-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah I think the Spurs would say "Theres no reason for D'Antoni to be suspended, even though he punched Manu Ginobili in the face"

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-11-2008, 10:23 PM
I think D'Antoni's punishment in that case should be that he has to call a play every time down on offense :lol

T Park
04-11-2008, 10:30 PM
he would just point down at the floor and yell like a moron.

CubanMustGo
04-11-2008, 10:40 PM
he would just point down at the floor and yell like a moron.

"Lets go! Go! Go!!"

LilMissSPURfect
04-12-2008, 12:18 AM
"Lets go! Go! Go!!"

:toast

:dramaquee

JMarkJohns
04-12-2008, 10:17 AM
I think D'Antoni's punishment in that case should be that he has to call a play every time down on offense :lol

That's assuming too much. I doubt he even has, or knows what a playbook is.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-12-2008, 10:49 AM
That's assuming too much. I doubt he even has, or knows what a playbook is.

That's my whole point :spin

manufor3
04-12-2008, 10:54 AM
With all the whining from spurs fans about whinny suns fans, i find it funny that it's a spurs fan that keeps making new threads/posts about it.
i find it funny how smart you THINK you are.