PDA

View Full Version : Damon Stoudamire Marijuana Case Dismissed

duncan228
04-11-2008, 05:38 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/04/11/stoudamire.case.ap/index.html

Stoudamire marijuana case dismissed

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- A long-running marijuana possession case against NBA player Damon Stoudamire has been dismissed.

Stoudamire's Tucson lawyer said Friday all charges have been dismissed with prejudice and cannot be refiled.

The misdemeanor possession case took more than 41/2 years to conclude, including two appeals to the Arizona Supreme Court.

Under a settlement agreement with the Pima County Attorney's office, Stoudamire successfully completed a drug rehabilitation program and urine tests proving he was drug-free.

Stoudamire, now with the San Antonio Spurs, was arrested in July 2003 after a foil packet containing a half-ounce of marijuana allegedly fell from his pants while he was going through security at Tucson's airport.

Deputy Pima County Attorney Bruce Chalk did not return a call immediately.

Phenomanul
04-11-2008, 05:45 PM
With that monkey off his back, maybe Damon's shot will return...:hat

Phil Hellmuth
04-11-2008, 05:51 PM
how much tax dollars did that involve? over a lil baggy of grass that makes you a bit sleepy.

T Park
04-11-2008, 05:56 PM
how much tax dollars did that involve? over a lil baggy of grass that makes you a bit sleepy.

over something illegal?

phxspurfan
04-11-2008, 05:58 PM
That shit falls from my pants every time. I hate the new airport security.

Manure Ginosely
04-11-2008, 06:38 PM
lol @ weed being illegal..

mavsfan1000
04-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Hey there has to be a reason. I would like to get some of that myself though. Anyone willing to offer some?

Manure Ginosely
04-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Hey there has to be a reason. I would like to get some of that myself though. Anyone willing to offer some?

makes sense for weed to be illegal and oxycontin to be readily distributed by almost all doctors..

T Park
04-11-2008, 06:45 PM

Ahh, dickface here is from The Netherlands.

Leetonidas
04-11-2008, 07:34 PM

lol you need to go look around for a dealer.

Weed is good.

allaroundnbafan89
04-11-2008, 07:50 PM
damn I was hoping it would stick and he would go to prison aww well

Jack Sommersset
04-11-2008, 08:12 PM
With that monkey off his back, maybe Damon's shot will return...:hat

Man thats about when he lost his shot.. He needs to smoke out again! :smokin

Behrooz24
04-11-2008, 08:17 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/420d.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

boutons_
04-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Yep, a couple of ounces of pot cost AZ 100s of $K, if not
$Ms, to prosecute. That's an intelligent way to run a society and spend taxes.

Possession of pot should be decriminalized, and everybody in prison for possession should be released.

That's MLP's head on somebody else's body, like an 18 year old's, separated by the snake. She's 44 and that's not a 44-year-old ass. Her ass probably didn't look that perfect when she was 18.

ploto
04-11-2008, 10:45 PM
You mean the Spurs traded for a guy with a criminal past?

T Park
04-11-2008, 10:46 PM
No they didn't.

They did sign one though.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Ahh, dickface here is from The Netherlands.

You're such a fuckin idiot.

Alcohol and cigarettes kill hundreds of thousands of people a year, cost society tens of billions of dollars, but no, marajuana is evil.

Wake the fuck up.

T Park
04-11-2008, 11:03 PM

Alcohol and cigarettes kill hundreds of thousands of people a year, cost society tens of billions of dollars, but no, marajuana is evil.

Wake the fuck up.

:lmao

Where did I say alcohol and cigs were good?

Leetonidas
04-11-2008, 11:35 PM

Wake the fuck up.
You have garnered some respect for that.

remingtonbo2001
04-11-2008, 11:52 PM
The only knock with Marijuana is it being a gateway drug. I'm not equating Marijuana use will obsolutely lead to other drug use, however, from 1st hand knowledge, I can safely say it did lead myself to experiment with other drugs. Although this cannot account for everyone, I don't know a single person that just smokes weed.

But just like any other substance, including caffine, alcohol, niccotine, heroine, it can be abused, which may lead to some undesirable effects.

Regardless of how you feel, there is still an issue of legality. Is it worth the risk of ending up in jail, or the stress probation? Legal fees?

Through my use of drugs, I've learned something pretty incredible. The body is pretty amazing. Treat it right, and you don't need drugs to get high.

Slohoop
04-12-2008, 01:38 AM
:smokin

SKINNYPIMP210
04-12-2008, 02:00 AM

Possession of pot should be decriminalized, and everybody in prison for possession should be released.

That's MLP's head on somebody else's body, like an 18 year old's, separated by the snake. She's 44 and that's not a 44-year-old ass. Her ass probably didn't look that perfect when she was 18.

Yea I got to say I agree with Boutons on this one. Usually I don't, but yea more power to ya Boutons.
:toast

e20dylan
04-12-2008, 02:58 AM
just because nobody let you get high with them in high school doesnt mean you have to hate on it now

SAGambler
04-12-2008, 08:38 AM

Wake the fuck up.

But cigarettes and alcohol weren't in the way of costing the timber barons millions, if not billions of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. It's about the bucks. It's always about the bucks.

TampaDude
04-12-2008, 09:05 AM

WERD...cuz we all know how dangerous a drug weed is... :lol

TampaDude
04-12-2008, 09:09 AM

+1 billion...dude, if you ever run for President, you've got my vote! :toast

diego
04-12-2008, 09:53 AM
agree about decriminalization. its simple economics, and the gateway argument is ridiculous. sure, probably 95% of hard drug users smoke or smoked marijuana prior to starting. the thing is that only 5% of marijuana smokers move on to hard drugs. maybe we should ban oxygen, after all, 100% of murderers, thieves and rapists use it.

also, if you go by public health costs, obesity is almost already a bigger problem than drug use (i know there are social costs that make drug use worse, but decriminalizing it reduces them substantially). maybe they ought to declare baby back ribs and milkshakes illegal, after all, fat people dont know what is good for them and somebody has to teach them control.

bottomline, they've been fighting the war on drugs for over 3 decades, and guess who is winning?

(incidentally, guess what the previous "war on" crusade was? the war on poverty, and it lasted all of 6 years, iirc) :spin

The Great Fantastic
04-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Weed can be a gateway drug, but so can sugar, caffeine and nicotine. Why start with weed? Also, weed becomes a gateway drug because it is lumped with all the other illegal drugs. It's easy to come across pot and if and when someone tries it, realizes it can be great, they wonder what else they have been lied to about.

Drugs will never go away. EVER! Proper education is the key not all this propaganda bullshit. Keep telling kids that marijuana is evil without any logic or reason to back it up, besides that it is a gateway drug, and you will keep seeing what is happening today. There are a lot of spirit-killing drugs out there. Don't throw weed right in the middle of the mix. That's when kids go to the real ones and fuck their lives (along with the lives of the people around them).

The Great Fantastic
04-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good reasons to keep children away from weed. Kids need facts not this "because I said so" mentality.

Here is a caveat concerning my prior post. Weed can kill spirit, when you are talking about lack of motivation. But, it does not entirely alter your sense of right and wrong or change your moral fiber.

Wait a second, am I asking society and our government to be honest? Am i high? Or not high enough?