PDA

View Full Version : Rockets pounding Suns

Indazone
04-11-2008, 08:32 PM
53-41 and there are still 3:07 left till the half. Adleman is going deep into the bench and playing Aaron Brooks and Novak. Man, I don't think the Rockets are weak from their bench at all. Lot of weapons. I just hope we can make up for the loss of Yao in a seven game series.

td4mvp21
04-11-2008, 08:34 PM
That's what happens when you don't puss out at the sight of Shaq. Spurs should take notes.

1Parker1
04-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Well, just beware, no lead is safe with an offensive minded team like the Suns.

1Parker1
04-11-2008, 08:39 PM
I actually hope you guys lose, the Rockets are the easiest matchup for the Spurs in the 1st round.

Indazone
04-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Well that's what everyone thinks. I don't know of a single playoff bound team that doesn't want to draw a shorthanded Rockets squad. But yet, they keep winning playing beautiful team basketball. I'm not saying we have the best athletes but this squad is really deep and Adleman has a beautiful offensive plan.

1Parker1
04-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Well that's what everyone thinks. I don't know of a single playoff bound team that doesn't want to draw a shorthanded Rockets squad. But yet, they keep winning playing beautiful team basketball. I'm not saying we have the best athletes but this squad is really deep and Adleman has a beautiful offensive plan.

Oh I wasn't knocking the Rockets at all. I think they are a supringly great team without Yao. They continue to play great defense and Rafar Alston is having a career year.

I just think without Yao, it's a much easier matchup for the Spurs. That doesn't mean I don't think it's going to be a sweep or anything.

And for the record, I actually think given the right matchup, the Rockets have a decent shot at getting out of the first round if all goes well.

Indazone
04-11-2008, 08:49 PM
I agree with you. The Spurs matchup a lot better without Yao. I'd have to give the advantage to the Spurs. Yao gives Duncan all kinds of fits defensivly. I think they kinda cancel each other out when they play defensively and Yao is impossible to stop with his height.

It's like when you played your older brother and he's six inches taller than you..that's really tough.

Indazone
04-11-2008, 08:52 PM
59-47 Rockets lead at the half.

endrity
04-11-2008, 08:58 PM
1) Rox without Yao are much easier for the Spurs. I don't know if any other team can say this, as the Suns are finding out.

2) STAT is an amazing offensive player. Yet Scola/Landry/Hayes have scored just as much against him, while also hitting the boards. Your worth to a team is not great if all the good stuff you do on one end of the court is COMPLETELY negated at the other.

Indazone
04-11-2008, 09:11 PM
71-57 now with 4 min to go in the 3rd.

endrity
04-11-2008, 09:12 PM
and Stat has suddenly gone cold too now, while Scola keeps proving that he was the biggest mistake ever by the Spurs FO.

ShoogarBear
04-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I agree with you. The Spurs matchup a lot better without Yao. I'd have to give the advantage to the Spurs. Yao gives Duncan all kinds of fits defensivly. I think they kinda cancel each other out when they play defensively and Yao is impossible to stop with his height.

It's like when you played your older brother and he's six inches taller than you..that's really tough.What Adelman should do is get all his big men in foul trouble. Then Pop will bench Duncan because he'll be worried about Small Ball matchups.

Allanon
04-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Suns getting their azzes handed to them right now.

DazedAndConfused
04-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Fucking Suns just beat this fucking HOU team and get out of the #6 spot. I don't want to see us face the Suns without Bynum. It's almost worth it to lose every game from here on out to get the #5 seed and play UTA.

ShoogarBear
04-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Amare has 35 and 8. Amare for MVP!!!!

The Nba Is Rigged
04-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Hopefully this thread can jinx the Rockets...

Ok I suck :pctoss

Indazone
04-11-2008, 09:27 PM
lol Amare's the only offense the Suns got

DazedAndConfused
04-11-2008, 09:28 PM
The worst thing the Rockets could do is start winning these games because it almost guarantees them the #5 spot against UTA which is a sure-fire 1st round exit for them.

endrity
04-11-2008, 09:32 PM
^ as in lose and meet the Spurs or Lakers????

plus I am not so sure that they are better off without Yao against the Jazz. Whatever he did to them on offense last year, he gave back to Boozer on defense so maybe now they can actually play D on the whole Jazz team. Plus they still got no one to put on TMac.

Jason_Terry
04-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Where's Battier?

Don't tell me the Suns are getting their ass kicked by a Yao and Battier less Rockets.

Indazone
04-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Yep, that's what is happening. 6:24 to go and Rockets are still spanking the Suns.

92-77

Indazone
04-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Landry, Scola and Brooks are making a huge difference. Who woulda thought that three rookies would make such a difference.

DazedAndConfused
04-11-2008, 09:37 PM
I just really don't want the Lakers to have to face the Suns in the 1st round. Bynum has been huge for us against them this season and without him playing the playing field got lowered considerably.

ShoogarBear
04-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Holy crap, Battier was out? Props.

Indazone
04-11-2008, 09:43 PM
This game is over...lead is too big now.

Indazone
98 to 81 with 2:57 left

ludda
just shows that anyone picking a team after some regular season games is nuts. West is so close this year, 1-7 separated by 5 games, which means that the first seed isn't that much better than the lower seeds.

Indazone
04-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Cool Rockets have the tie-breaker with the Suns.

Final 101-88

Borosai
04-11-2008, 09:53 PM
No surprise here.

DaDakota
04-11-2008, 09:54 PM
The Rockets ran the Suns into the ground....once we went to our small speed unit they couldn't keep up.

Aaron Brooks, Bjax, Landry and 2 others simply blew them away in the 2nd and 4th quarters....

The Rockets keep getting no respect but keep on winning..

And tonight...Battier rested his foot and ankle....

Nice

DD

Amuseddaysleeper
04-11-2008, 10:13 PM
they couldn't keep up.

I never thought we'd be saying that about the Suns

Nice win HOU

Matchman
04-11-2008, 10:29 PM
The Rockets are just shooting some hoops, hitting the shot they are supposed to hit and winning the games they are NOT supposed to win, no surprise here :lol

mystargtr34
04-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Wow... Bobcats Dynastys legacy lives on... 1892782 days too long.

remingtonbo2001
04-11-2008, 11:54 PM
The Rockets ran the Suns into the ground....once we went to our small speed unit they couldn't keep up.

Aaron Brooks, Bjax, Landry and 2 others simply blew them away in the 2nd and 4th quarters....

The Rockets keep getting no respect but keep on winning..

And tonight...Battier rested his foot and ankle....

Nice

DD

Pop might want to take note of this game.

DaDakota
04-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Pop might want to take note of this game.

I don't think San Antonio has the pieces to go small and quick with their bench.......

Houston just has a very deep roster now.....

DD

Amuseddaysleeper
04-12-2008, 12:02 AM
yeah, I'd be curious how to see the "speed" lineup of TD, Manu, Parker, Finley, and Udoka would work out.

Barry woulda helped

BonnerDynasty
04-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Damnit!

HOU needs to drop to 6th now!

Damnit!

Findog
04-12-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm assuming the Rox pick and rolled Shaq to death? Kind of ironic that you beat Phoenix now by doing to them what they used to do to everybody else, run on them and pic and roll.

DaDakota
04-12-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm assuming the Rox pick and rolled Shaq to death? Kind of ironic that you beat Phoenix now by doing to them what they used to do to everybody else, run on them and pic and roll.

Not at all.....

Deke matched Shaq's minutes.......we did PnR, but against Hill and Diaw and Amare more than Shaq.

We played Shaq straight up, did not double off of Nash...tried to make him a scorer and the rest of the team stagnated.

Other than Amare, who was amazing, we contained their entire team...and we sorta contained him once we zoned up on the PnR with him and Nash.....

Actually it was surprisingly easy....and when we went to the bench and brought in Bjax, Brooks and Landry, we blew them out with athleticism and quickness.....

They tried Nash on Brooks and he ran Nash into the ground.....Nash was dead tired by the end of the game....he could not keep up.

DD

Jeremy
04-12-2008, 12:19 AM
It's funny how nobody remembers that the Suns blew out the Rockets a couple weeks ago without our best defender/McGrady defender (Raja Bell). You'd think by all these comments that the Rockets and Suns had never played each other before since the Shaq trade.

DaDakota
04-12-2008, 12:22 AM
It's funny how nobody remembers that the Suns blew out the Rockets a couple weeks ago without our best defender/McGrady defender (Raja Bell). You'd think by all these comments that the Rockets and Suns had never played each other before since the Shaq trade.

No doubt, you guys killed us in that game, but Aaron Brooks nor Landry was back and effective, and our bench needs them, it was our bench that made the difference tonight.

The Suns are still a threat, but I think people sleeping on Houston or counting them out is making a big mistake.

DD

ShoogarBear
04-12-2008, 12:24 AM
:lol

Are you trying to compare Phoenix minus Bell defeating the Rockets minus Yao to the Rockets without Yao AND Battier defeating ful-strength Phoenix?

Jeremy
04-12-2008, 12:31 AM
:lol

Are you trying to compare Phoenix minus Bell defeating the Rockets minus Yao to the Rockets without Yao AND Battier defeating ful-strength Phoenix?

I didn't hear anyone talking about the Suns being without Amare when we faced injury-plagued teams in '05-'06. Yao is out for the season. We're talking about the Suns versus the Yao-less Rockets. Suns without Bell is like Rockets without Battier. There is no reason to think the Yao-less Rockets are better than the Suns, based on this one game, when you consider the previous game.

If the Rockets DID have Yao, then who knows what would happen. We can only guess.

ShoogarBear
04-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Uhhhh, okay.

At least Amare got his STATs. :rolleyes

DAF86
04-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Not at all.....

Deke matched Shaq's minutes.......we did PnR, but against Hill and Diaw and Amare more than Shaq.

We played Shaq straight up, did not double off of Nash...tried to make him a scorer and the rest of the team stagnated.

Other than Amare, who was amazing, we contained their entire team...and we sorta contained him once we zoned up on the PnR with him and Nash.....

Actually it was surprisingly easy....and when we went to the bench and brought in Bjax, Brooks and Landry, we blew them out with athleticism and quickness.....

They tried Nash on Brooks and he ran Nash into the ground.....Nash was dead tired by the end of the game....he could not keep up.

DD

I watched the game and the rockets used the PnR in almost every play.

DaDakota
04-12-2008, 12:39 AM
I watched the game and the rockets used the PnR in almost every play.

Yes but not with the man Shaq was guarding which was what Findog was implying.

We did not PnR with Shaq's man all that often because Deke is not a threat on the roll.

DD

DazedAndConfused
04-12-2008, 12:42 AM
The Rockets are no doubt screwing things up for the Suns, Spurs, and Lakers by forcing 2 of those 3 to face each other in the 1st round.

BonnerDynasty
04-12-2008, 12:47 AM
The Rockets are no doubt screwing things up for the Suns, Spurs, and Lakers by forcing 2 of those 3 to face each other in the 1st round.

Yep.

Pop needs to give Splitter to the Kings next year if they promise to beat NO and LAL :))

DaDakota
04-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Yep.

Pop needs to give Splitter to them next year if they promise to beat NO and LAL :))

We don't need Splitter, just a good quality PG.......how about we take V-Span back?

:D

DD

DAF86
04-12-2008, 12:53 AM

We did not PnR with Shaq's man all that often because Deke is not a threat on the roll.

DD

True

BonnerDynasty
04-12-2008, 12:54 AM
We don't need Splitter, just a good quality PG.......how about we take V-Span back?

DD

oops. I meant to the Kings!

Xylus
04-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Uhhhh, okay.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. Nobody had any sympathy for us when we lost our top scorer in '05-'06 (the year that we would have had the best chance to win the championship), so naturally we have little sympathy for other team's injuries. During that year, no one said the "Amare-less Suns." You'd call them the "Suns."

You don't call them the "Yao-less Rockets" because Yao isn't coming back this year. The Rockets have learned to play without him.

DAF86
04-12-2008, 12:55 AM

DD

We don't have his rights anymore what makes the Scola trade even more stupid :madrun

Indazone
04-12-2008, 01:04 AM
We used the high post pick and roll with T-Mac coming off a screen just like Reggie Miller used to do.

Trainwreck2100
04-12-2008, 01:39 AM
Adelman's teams are made for smallball

Roxsfan
04-12-2008, 01:40 AM
good win

endrity
04-12-2008, 04:43 AM
And the Rox are still alive for a top 3 seed, this west race is amazing.

DaDakota
04-12-2008, 07:29 AM
And the Rox are still alive for a top 3 seed, this west race is amazing.

Actually there is a scenario in which the Rockets lose the division by being tied with New Orleans but still get the number 1 seed in the playoffs.

If more than 3 teams are tied...New Orleans, Houston and the Lakers for the top spot.......we get the number 1 seed.

Crazy huh?

DD

Nasir_Jones
04-12-2008, 08:45 AM

ahhh... yes... the good ole bitter Suns fan. Give props man... what this team has done is amazing. Do you think that the Suns would be doing this well THIS YEAR without Amare??

As an NBA fan... I'm very happy for McGrady, Adelman and the Rockets. Even if they dont make the second round (I think they will beat the Jazz) this team has accomplished something big considering the adversity they've faced.

Adelman has got to be the COY... no doubt

GuerillaBlack
04-12-2008, 08:54 AM
First time this season the Rockets have played the Suns on a night not on a B2B.

JamStone
04-12-2008, 09:47 AM

You know I don't know if that's a good or bad trait with Amare. He plays hard, at least offensively, whether it's a close game or a blowout. It doesn't matter to him. In a sense, that's a good thing because it shows he's going to give great effort no matter the score. But, it's like, dude, it's a 30 point game (either way) and why are you still playing? And, why are you still trying to dunk on third stringers?

I call it Jerald Honeycutt disease. When I lived in New Orleans, Honeycutt came back to play a few times. And, it didn't matter if it was some of the college players or 5-7 rec players who couldn't play, Honeycutt would play hard. He posted up some little 5-foot-7 college kid and put a move on him. I even heard it yell, "It don't matter! I play hard all the time!" Mind you this was after some NBA team had just released him, either Seattle or Milwaukee. I remember because that douchebag WORE HIS NBA WARM-UPS to the gym... after already being cut.

Girasuck
04-12-2008, 10:49 AM
No chance the Rockets get the 1 seed with their remaining schedule. In fact that win over Phoenix pretty much locked them into the 5 seed. Now the question is can we catch them for home court? We'd have to win out to do so and Houston would need to go 1-2 with one of those losses coming against us so we would have the tie-breaker. Here's what's left for both teams...

Rockets

at Denver
at Utah
LA Clippers

The Denver/Utah games are back-to-back. Rockets could easily go 1-2 giving them 55-27 record.

Jazz

Denver
Houston
at San Antonio

Obviously the last game will be extremely tough unless SA has nothing to play for (probably won't be the case but it could happen). I think we win the next 2 and then it would come down to the game in SA. If the Spurs rest their big guys, we could steal that game and go 3-0 giving us home court over Houston.

The playoff picture is starting to take shape, at least for the 4-8 seeds.

Indazone
04-12-2008, 10:53 AM
No chance the Rockets get the 1 seed with their remaining schedule. In fact that win over Phoenix pretty much locked them into the 5 seed. Now the question is can we catch them for home court? We'd have to win out to do so and Houston would need to go 1-2 with one of those losses coming against us so we would have the tie-breaker. Here's what's left for both teams...

Rockets

at Denver
at Utah
LA Clippers

The Denver/Utah games are back-to-back. Rockets could easily go 1-2 giving them 55-27 record.

Jazz

Denver
Houston
at San Antonio

Obviously the last game will be extremely tough unless SA has nothing to play for (probably won't be the case but it could happen). I think we win the next 2 and then it would come down to the game in SA. If the Spurs rest their big guys, we could steal that game and go 3-0 giving us home court over Houston.

The playoff picture is starting to take shape, at least for the 4-8 seeds.

This is good. If the playoffs started today, the entire city of Houston would be happy.

Girasuck
04-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Why? I'm guessing the entire city of Houston is suffering from memory loss if they're happy to play us.

GuerillaBlack
04-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Why? I'm guessing the entire city of Houston is suffering from memory loss if they're happy to play us.
Nope. No one forgot about what happened, but without Yao, I think the Rockets matchup better with the Jazz. Yao would score on the offensive end, but give it right back on defense. Boozer was too much for Yao. I think Deke can handle it.

Flopper
04-12-2008, 11:06 AM

WORD.

Houston just wants a reminder that's all.

Girasuck
04-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Nope. No one forgot about what happened, but without Yao, I think the Rockets matchup better with the Jazz. Yao would score on the offensive end, but give it right back on defense. Boozer was too much for Yao. I think Deke can handle it.

LMAO!! My god, I've heard it all now. You really think a 45 year old can handle Boozer? I'm trying to think of something else to say but I'm sitting here dumbfounded by that comment.

Indazone
04-12-2008, 11:14 AM
http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2008-03-12/10333526899.shtml

Reporter Wang Meng of Titan Sports reports from Houston

Fading out of the media limelight and far away from his fans eye-sight, Yao Ming was compelled to try to accustom to live a very tranquil life. Every day, the bed, the television and books became his most intimate partners. That big man who had been accustomed to run up and down the court and play 30 to 40 minutes untiringly day-in day-out could only now move around in his home and backyard garden with the help of his crutches. Meanwhile, his team playing without him just kept on advancing triumphantly, and he could only watch those exciting scenes/moments from the television.

As he was receiving the following interview from Titan Sports, it seemed there was not a single moment that his team Houston Rockets was not in his mind and heart.

TITAN Sports: How is the restoration of your left ankle going? Are you moving around relying on your wheelchair?

Yao Ming: The restoration went well. I just had the stitches removed from my wound today; the doctors will come to inspect me once every 1 to 2 weeks, and everything went according to plan. Remember (what I’ve told you). Definitely I don’t want to sit on wheelchairs, and regardless where and what occasion, you won’t be able to see me sitting on wheelchairs. I try to be not moving as far as possibly I can; if I really need to move around, I will stroll along slowly with the help of my crutches.

TITAN Sports: So are you watching television every day at home? Now the team morale (of Houston Rockets) is at an all-time high, and very soon, they could be reaching a 20-game winning streak. How do you feel when you watch them playing on the television?

Yao Ming: I felt bitterly sour deep down inside. I saw the team kept winning and everybody celebrating on the court, and I thought, I should also be one of them there. This is such a great and rare feat for winning that many games consecutively; we had some very rough and tough team-gelling process earlier in the season, and we had been struggling with some bad results. Now finally when it comes the harvest time, I was the one down with injury.

TITAN Sports: So seeing your team continuously winning, how do you feel in your heart?

Yao Ming: I felt great, very gratified, and actually very happy. I watched them play and keep on winning. I could not stop myself calling them up; I called Uncle Mutombo to congratulate him on delivering so many block shots; I called Shane Battier to compliment him for playing that great in defense. When our team was struggling and sinking earlier in the season, it was I that led my team mates and shoulder this team to bring it back altogether. Now it’s time we win back all those games that we lost earlier in the season.

TITAN Sports: Now there are a lot of noises back in China; they said the Houston Rockets play much better as a team without you. So what do you think about this?

Yao Ming: Well, I’m already so used to hearing such criticisms. It is impossible to rebuke every criticism and challenge others’ opinions. For people that know and understand me, my spirit will always be there (with the team). If people don’t want to see my team playing well after I’m down and injured, then tell me, what do they want to see? You have to think it this way. If once I’m down with injuries, and this team was finished and started to get battered and beaten into pieces, it might seem to manifest my value to the team. But then, tell me what hope is there for such teams? A team can only be considered genuinely strong when everyone can step forward (when one of your star players is down and injured). If we can continue with our current footsteps and momentum, just wait for my return in the new season, and we shall be a genuine championship contender.

TITAN Sports: Then what about this season? So how far this Rockets team playing without you can go?

Yao Ming: I believe this team could pass the first round and realize the target that Tracy and I had not been able to achieve together last season.

TITAN: The Western Conference is so strong: LA Lakers, San Antonio Spurs, Phoenix Suns, Utah Jazz. Amongst all these opponents, which team do you think the Houston Rockets can trample and step over their bodies (to get past Round 1)?

Yao Ming: Utah Jazz. If we are to be matched up with teams with genuine big and traditional centres, we possibly will be at a disadvantage, because after all, I will not be around, and Uncle Mutombo could not sustain long play minutes and our other guys are too short. But if we are to be matched up with Utah Jazz, I feel with our new-found team work and initiatives in offense this year, we should be doing much better than what we did last year, just relying on me and Tracy in offense. Even though I will not be around, you see currently every of my team mates had all stepped up and playing with high self confidence; just take a look at them; they are so dissimilar with the team we had last season. Utah Jazz is very strong tactically and a well-disciplined team, and we are now a great read-and-react offensive team. We can beat them; after all now every of my team mates can play in offense. And I call this the Adelman’s victory.

TITAN Sports: So when can you return to court to cheer, rave and support your team mates?

Yao Ming: Maybe when the playoff arrives; when playoff arrives, I will go there leaning on my crutches; I probably will sit in the second row, and join all the others shouting, cheering, raving and supporting our team.

GuerillaBlack
04-12-2008, 11:22 AM
LMAO!! My god, I've heard it all now. You really think a 45 year old can handle Boozer? I'm trying to think of something else to say but I'm sitting here dumbfounded by that comment.
Yep, I think so. He has been owning everyone since Yao went down. We'll see.

DazedAndConfused
04-12-2008, 11:31 AM
HOU has no shot of going anywhere in the playoffs. They will never beat the Jazz, HCA or not. They just aren't that good.

The whole thing with Yao being out is a Catch-22. I don't think that when Yao returns they will morph into this juggernaut team, I think they'll end up staying right where they are at. They can't play small ball with Yao, which is obviously what is working for them right now.

Indazone
04-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Whatever, more than half of the wins during the 22 game win streak came when Yao was playing.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-12-2008, 11:35 AM
That was a great win for the Rockets, I doubted that they could win but they proved me wrong. Props to the Rockets.

GuerillaBlack
04-12-2008, 11:37 AM
HOU has no shot of going anywhere in the playoffs. They will never beat the Jazz, HCA or not. They just aren't that good.

The whole thing with Yao being out is a Catch-22. I don't think that when Yao returns they will morph into this juggernaut team, I think they'll end up staying right where they are at. They can't play small ball with Yao, which is obviously what is working for them right now.
No sir.

They can still go small with Yao back. When Yao is resting, use the same lineup that they are using now. What the hell is the difference? Also, how would the Rockets NOT be better when Yao is back? He is their best player is gets 22 and 11 a game. Do you think the Lakers will be better when Bynum comes back?

DaDakota
04-12-2008, 11:43 AM
People keep saying Houston can't win and Houston keeps winning.

1 Game back from the number 1 seed with 3 to play.....

I think people are going to be surprised, this is not the same team without Yao...they play a completely different brand of ball....

DD

xcomp
04-12-2008, 02:33 PM

DD

Actually in the second half, the Rockets kept running the T-Mac/Deke high pick and roll over and over. Shaq would not come out to help and chose to stay back in the paint, and Deke was setting some really amazing screens so T-Mac had a wide open 18 footer every time (and knocked them down rather easily). At one point Grant Hill started flopping on the pick to get the attention of the refs but they didn't buy it.

DaDakota
04-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Actually in the second half, the Rockets kept running the T-Mac/Deke high pick and roll over and over. Shaq would not come out to help and chose to stay back in the paint, and Deke was setting some really amazing screens so T-Mac had a wide open 18 footer every time (and knocked them down rather easily). At one point Grant Hill started flopping on the pick to get the attention of the refs but they didn't buy it.

You know what you are correct, I rewatched the game today and in the 2nd half they ran it a lot...where Tmac just shot the 18 footer over Shaq....

I stand corrected.

DD

Tmac&Luther
04-12-2008, 04:37 PM

You are a moron.......You do realize Houston has been able to run and go small with a 40 something yo Mutombo. :dizzy

Your right though, it's a great thing the Lakers traded away Kareem........no way in hell, they would ever been able to move up and down the court and be "SHOWTIME", with Kareem on that team. :rolleyes

When Yao returns, Houston is going to be a legit contender to win the championship, they'll have a serious front court.

Landry 2.0, Scola 2.0, and Yao Ming...........as well as a nice bench stacked with scoring, defense, rebounding, and depth at every position (especially if Mutombo returns).

They also have expiring contracts that can be dealt at the trade deadline to add another major piece without disturbing any of the major pieces or top role players.

Daryl Morey has done a fantastic job with this team. He took over a team that outside of McGrady and Yao, didn't have much talent or a bench, was extremely limited with the cap, and still found a way to land a serious impact player through a trade (Scola) for a can of beans...........and arguably (considering the positioning they had in the draft) had the best draft in the entire league with the drafting of Aaron Brooks (kid is going to be a player in the future.....he has skills) and Carl Landry (dude was the steal of the draft and if teams knew then what they know now, he'd be a top 10 lottery pick........he's going to be a force very shortly in this league.....Carl Landry Highlights (http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Wh-bPQBWWs) )

Anyways to get back on point, DazedAndConfused is really "dazed and confused" and extremely high if he thinks that.....
A.) a team that hasn't even fully learned their new coach's system yet.

B.) is going to get their best player back.

and

C.) has three very talented rookies who are only going to improve,

isn't going to impove next year and is just going to stay where they're at.

DazedAndConfused
04-12-2008, 05:03 PM
The Rockets are in the same situation PHX was in years ago. PHX lost Amare and ended up getting all the way to the WCF. When Amare came back everyone thought PHX wouldn't lose a game, but the reality is they didn't even get as far as they did the prior season in the playoffs. Players like Boris Diaw who had to step up in his absence went back down to earth. I suspect a similar thing will happen to the Rockets when Yao gets back.

For all the improvements your team has made the stars that lead it are what really matters in the post season. T-Mac and Yao have a history of never collectively stepping up and I honestly don't expect that to change this late in the game. The fact that they are ridiculously injury prone doesn't help. So no Rocket fans, your team isn't and never will be a contender so long as your being led by T-Mac and Yao.

Tmac&Luther
04-12-2008, 05:19 PM
The Rockets are in the same situation PHX was in years ago. PHX lost Amare and ended up getting all the way to the WCF. When Amare came back everyone thought PHX wouldn't lose a game, but the reality is they didn't even get as far as they did the prior season in the playoffs. Players like Boris Diaw who had to step up in his absence went back down to earth. I suspect a similar thing will happen to the Rockets when Yao gets back.

For all the improvements your team has made the stars that lead it are what really matters in the post season. T-Mac and Yao have a history of never collectively stepping up and I honestly don't expect that to change this late in the game. The fact that they are ridiculously injury prone doesn't help. So no Rocket fans, your team isn't and never will be a contender so long as your being led by T-Mac and Yao.

WRONG......Tmac and Yao both show up in the playoffs (especially Tmac, pull up the #s) buddy, up until this point it's been the rest of the team that didn't get off the bus. (as in last year where outside of Tmac and Yao.....only two other Rockets bothered scoring and we got ZERO bench points)

and only a idiot would compare this situation to what happened in PHX, first of all PHX ran into the Spurs last year and many people outside of Spur fans feel they got jobbed in that series.......having said that Yao and Amare are completely different players. When you get back one of the leagues most dominant POST players who commands a double team on almost every offensive possession.............it's going to help your team.

Also you really need to get off of the "lead by T-mac and Yao" bit, this is a team effort, it's no longer the Tmac and Yao show.......it's the Houston Rockets show. Adelman's offense is a ball movement based offense and it isn't predicated on a two man ISO show.

P.S.

what the hell has Kobe done in the playoffs since Shaq left L.A., maybe you should worry about your own team.......hell if my team was dropping games to the Grizzlies and Bobcats at home in the midst of a playoff race, I'd be a little worried about that.

GuerillaBlack
04-12-2008, 05:44 PM

You are obviously forgetting that those rookies have been playing the same. With Yao and without Yao, their statlines have not changed much.

DazedAndConfused
04-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Kobe hasn't done anything since Shaq has left, but he also didn't have anybody to help him. T-Mac has had the best center in the league by his side for the last 3 years and still hasn't gotten out of the 1st round. When Kobe had the best center in the league by his side he won 3 straight championships.

So no, I don't worry about the Lakers precisely because they are led by Kobe Bryant. And for the record, Phil Jackson owns Adelman.

Tmac&Luther
04-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Kobe hasn't done anything since Shaq has left, but he also didn't have anybody to help him. T-Mac has had the best center in the league by his side for the last 3 years and still hasn't gotten out of the 1st round. When Kobe had the best center in the league by his side he won 3 straight championships.

So no, I don't worry about the Lakers precisely because they are led by Kobe Bryant. And for the record, Phil Jackson owns Adelman.

Yeah, nice try, but that's not going to work. :nope

Last year was the first playoff year where Yao was considered the "best center in the league"............and he was coming off a severe knee injury and wasn't his dominant self.

Kobe wouldn't have done sh!t against Utah last year, because outside of Yao there was no offense.......oh my bad, the great offense of Chuck Hayes would've put him over the top. :lol

DazedAndConfused
04-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Kobe >>> T-Mac. They aren't even on the same level.

Kobe Bryant + Yao Ming would have gotten past the 1st round. Hell Kobe Bryant and Kwame Brown were one Tim Thomas 3pt shot away from getting past the Suns in '06.

Nasir_Jones
04-12-2008, 07:21 PM
T-Mac and Yao have a history of never collectively stepping up and I honestly don't expect that to change this late in the game.

Yao may have had his fair share of struggles thus far in the playoffs... but Tracy's playoff numbers are fantastic... it is certainly NOT Mac's fault that the Rockets haven't advanced yet.

Tmac&Luther
04-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Kobe >>> T-Mac. They aren't even on the same level.

Kobe Bryant + Yao Ming would have gotten past the 1st round. Hell Kobe Bryant and Kwame Brown were one Tim Thomas 3pt shot away from getting past the Suns in '06.

hey dumbass, nobody said Tmac is on Kobe's level, but that's not a knock against Tmac, because there is only one other player on his level and he plays in the east. Having said that......Playoff Tmac has been on the same level as Kobe (can't wait for you to say he hasn't). Tmac has been fantastic in the playoffs.........his team's have not.

Kobe + Yao coming off a injury doesn't = a victory over the Jazz....so log off and take another hit off your bong.

DazedAndConfused
04-12-2008, 08:30 PM
We're sort of off topic here and discussing something that is completely hypothetical. The bottomline is the Rockets aren't going anywhere in the playoffs this year. Doesn't matter what seed they are, they may survive the 1st round but they are fodder for whoever they play next. I think they used up all the magic during the regular season and when teams ratchet it up another notch for the playoffs the Rockets won't be able to match them.

TampaDude
04-12-2008, 09:20 PM
The Rockets are just shooting some hoops, hitting the shot they are supposed to hit and winning the games they are NOT supposed to win, no surprise here :lol

Yup...the Rockets were just shooting some shots...

icem
04-12-2008, 10:36 PM

are you seriously comparing shaq in his prime to yao ming ??? yao ming has never been, and will never be that dominant, that is a FACT. he does not have the explosiveness to ever dominate like shaq. not only that, look at the other starters he has had around him, rafer alston and chuck hayes ?? no team is going anywhere with those two as starters, period.

kobe is better than t-mac, but yao is nowhere near a prime shaq on either end of the floor, even to this day he doesnt have as good of a presence as shaq even though he is old and past his prime....

DaDakota
04-12-2008, 11:42 PM
not only that, look at the other starters he has had around him, rafer alston and chuck hayes ?? no team is going anywhere with those two as starters, period.

I know you probably forgot, but Hayes is not even 2nd string anymore, he is third behind Scola (the starter) and Landry the backup.

I also don't like Alston...but come on now....that comment was so last year.

DD

DazedAndConfused
04-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Yao Ming is light years ahead of any player Kobe has had to play with the last 3 years.

Kwame Brown
Smush Parker
Luke Walton
Chucky Atkins

I can go on and on here, but my point is if you replaced T-Mac with Kobe last year the Rockets would have gotten out of the 1st round. Kobe straight owns UTAH.

mojorizen7
04-13-2008, 01:52 AM
Attention Houston believers: Smallball sucks and it doesn't work the deeper you go into the playoffs.
Any knowledgable Suns fan can attest to this.

DazedAndConfused
04-13-2008, 02:14 AM
Attention Houston believers: Smallball sucks and it doesn't work the deeper you go into the playoffs.

But but....the Rockets play DEFENSE!!!!!!!

It's ok Rocket fans will find out the hard way in the playoffs.

GaryJohnston
04-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Yao Ming is light years ahead of any player Kobe has had to play with the last 3 years.

Kwame Brown
Smush Parker
Luke Walton
Chucky Atkins

I can go on and on here, but my point is if you replaced T-Mac with Kobe last year the Rockets would have gotten out of the 1st round. Kobe straight owns UTAH.

Don't think so dude. Thats a Utah team that made the WCF.

mojorizen7
04-13-2008, 02:33 AM
But but....the Rockets play DEFENSE!!!!!!!

It's ok Rocket fans will find out the hard way in the playoffs.
:lol This is true but they'll also find that when being forced to defend in the half-court that they'll be crying...."YAO! YAO! Wherout thou Yao?! We need a rebOUnd!"

DaDakota
04-13-2008, 10:16 AM

Our 2nd unit is small ball....our first unit is not.

PG - 6'3"
SG - 6'8"
SF - 6'8"
PF - 6'9"
C - 7'1"

How is that small again? Oh, I know...it isn't.

DD