PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Hornets are 2002 Kings

xtremesteven33
04-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Remember in 2002 how the NBA was buzzing about how great the Sacramento Kings were? They had the best Offense, The best Record, and the loudest arena? They seemed unstoppable to go to the Finals...right?

that is until they ran into the Los Angeles Lakers.

Its funny cause the Lakers in 2002 seemed to struggle in the season. That is why rarely anyone picked them to THREEpeat as champions. Seemingly everyone picked the Kings. What happened?
Well they met up with the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals and got beat in 7 games. It was obvious that the Kings were the better team offensivly, but lacked on thing...playoff experience and leadership.

Reminds me of this years Hornets. They dont have the "Best" offense in the NBA right now but they sure look unstoppable with thier pick and rolls and 17 foot jumpers. My question to them is can you take the pressure?
Can you take the pressure of blowing a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter?(kings).
The Kings of 2002 couldnt.....and the Champs smelled blood and took them out.

The playoffs isnt about fancy moves or about best records or MVP's..its about role players, Decision making, and leadership.

somehting New Orleans doesnt have....So are the Hornets a great team? OF COURSE....but are they contenders? Not yet....We are still in the Era of the San Antonio Spurs, and untill someone knocks them out we are still the favorites to go all the way....

timvp
04-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Decent comparison but the Lakers were amazingly lucky to win that series. It's tough counting on lightning to strike twice.

xtremesteven33
04-12-2008, 07:07 AM
i wouldnt call it luck but toughness and grit....to come back from 17 points down in the 4th quarter and to fight back in game 7 at Arco arena is called toughness and experience....

timvp
04-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Vlade tipping the ball to the clutchest three-point shooter of all-time who happened to be positioned beyond the arc was pretty lucky.

xtremesteven33
04-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Vlade tipping the ball to the clutchest three-point shooter of all-time who happened to be positioned beyond the arc was pretty lucky.

yea but im talking about game 7 AT sacramento....to watch the last minutes of it, its on YOUTUBE....it was a fantastic game and series...Sacramento just choked....