PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NFL Draft- Who should your team pick?

T Park
04-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Since were about 2 weeks from the draft, I thought it would be cool to see who all thinks their team should draft.

The Texans and the Rams are my teams, one going up, and the other crashing back down to reality.

The Rams are first up and I believe that Dorsey should be taken. There are rumors flying in St Louis that the Rams possibly might trade Steven Jackson to the Cowboys for their first and 3rd. If that happens, I will abandon the Rams forever and never look back as that would be an utterly stupid move. However, the Rams need defensive help badly, and Dorsey is pretty darn good. Others believe Vernon Gholston out of Ohio State I believe, is better, although I'm concerned about the possibility of him taking plays off and or is not a hard worker.

Now the Texans are an improved team and I feel they are on the cusp of finally making the playoffs. Although they do have their fair share of holes. Offensive line, WR, RB, and corner are probobly the main facets they need to focus on in the draft. Matt Schaub proved hes a very capable QB and I feel with the right line protection, he could really blossom. Couple that with a healthy Andre Johnson and you've got a very deadly combo. Wich way should the texans at 18 go?

For my picks i say

Rams, Glenn Dorsey.

Texans, Jonathon Stewart out of Oregon.

Ill agree with one blogger who wrote that "The Texans can find offensive line help later in the draft, and that Stewart is a can't miss RB who will make the dwindling amount of people who can't forget Reggie Bush, forget him finally"

JMarkJohns
04-12-2008, 10:13 AM
In the past I loved these, but i didn't have anywhere near the time to really watch, follow the top prospects, and with the Cardinals selecting outside the top-10 for the first time in a decade, the fact I know maybe only ten names/games doesn't help me this year.

I'd like to see DE. They desperately need someone to replace Pace. They are good at linebacker, set at safety, so long as Wilson can make a healthy return, and while their CB depth is thin, getting pressure on the QB can more than make up for it, and there's a ton of CB talent in this draft, so I say wait until the second round.

1st - DE, or CB
2nd - CB, or DE
3rd - OL, or RB
4th - RB or OL
5th - OL or DL
6th - best available offensive talent
7th - best available defensive talent

I'd like to see them come out with two offensive linemen, and either two defensive ends or two cornerbacks, with at least one of the the other, an explosive, change-of-pace back to be groomed, and then either a linebacker/safety or the second of either DE or CB.

ChuckD
04-12-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm a Dallas fan, and I'd be pissed if the Boys gave up a 1 and a 3 for Jackson, considering he would have only cost them their first rounder the year he was selected. He's had one real solid season, two Julius Jones type years of ~1000 yards, and his rookie campaign of 600 yards, and he seems to be banged up a lot. Not worth two first day picks.

DBryant88
04-12-2008, 04:56 PM
dallas 1-felix jones and best avalible corner
2-olb
3-db
4-ol
5-cb
6-de
7-best person avaliable

Evan
04-12-2008, 05:05 PM
For Dallas...

Rd 1...best CB (unless we get Pacman then it goes to OL), RB, or WR available.

rd 2. Whichever one of those three they missed in round 1 or OL

rd 3 Best OL

the rest...best available.

Jerry has said he doesn't want to move up too high because a high draft pick can "cripple a franchise"

And please no effing LB's!!!!!!!!

TheSanityAnnex
04-12-2008, 05:07 PM
As a Charger fan I'm really not too concerned. AJ Smith will again find a diamond late in the first round.

shyne
04-12-2008, 07:52 PM
For my Texans I gotta go CB, I am worried about Dunta Robinsons injury, so I would either go 1. Cromartie, 2. Jenkins, 3. Talib.

Evan
04-12-2008, 08:17 PM
For my Texans I gotta go CB, I am worried about Dunta Robinsons injury, so I would either go 1. Cromartie, 2. Jenkins, 3. Talib.

I have never been so wrong about a player as I was with Carr. I really thought he would be something huge every year until last year. I am not a Texans fan but I have always rooted for the guy.

Mr. Peabody
04-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Dallas

22 - Best Corner Available
28 - Best WR

2nd - Best RB

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Everybody.

Harvey at 15. Trade up with SD and take Mayo/Lofton at 27.

monosylab1k
04-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Patriots will trade down, unless by some miracle Vernon Gholston falls to #7. But that would be a bigger fluke than Manning-To-Tyree.

J.T.
04-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Colts should trade all of their picks to Chicago for Brian Urlacher because that would be multiple Super Bowls.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 11:08 AM
If Gholston is there, Pats should take him. If not, kill two birds with one stone and make a trade with Philly for Lito Shepherd. Swap first rounders and throw in a 3rd rounder.

Herschel Walker
04-16-2008, 06:30 PM
For Dallas...

Rd 1...best CB (unless we get Pacman then it goes to OL), RB, or WR available.

rd 2. Whichever one of those three they missed in round 1 or OL

rd 3 Best OL

the rest...best available.

Jerry has said he doesn't want to move up too high because a high draft pick can "cripple a franchise"

And please no effing LB's!!!!!!!!

I think you go CB in 1st no matter if they get Pacman or not, don't want to put eggs in his basket only to have him screw you over.

I try to trade out with other pick to get depth at later rounds at value price.

possessed
04-17-2008, 12:03 AM
I like Chris Long for the Raiders, or trade down a few picks and take Clady if possible.

They'll probably end up with McFadden.

tlongII
04-17-2008, 12:58 AM
I'd like to see the Seahawks get Jonathan Stewart in the 2nd round. He's upper 1st round material, but many experts are saying he'll go in the 2nd round now because of his turf toe surgery.

midgetonadonkey
04-17-2008, 03:32 PM

I agree. Dunta will not be anywhere near as good as he was before the injury. It is just way too severe.

They have enough with their RBs to get by this season. They desperately need help in the secondary. Reeves just isn't going to cut it. Fucking Reeves. What the fuck were they thinking. :pctoss

JMarkJohns
04-17-2008, 10:40 PM
I'd like either DE Harvey of Florida or Merling of Clemson in the 1st and would like the Cardinals to select either CB Thomas of USC or Porter of Indiana in the 2nd, then select CB Antione Cason of Arizona in the 3rd.

I don't think they go for two straight CBs in the second and third round, but I think Grimm can find a couple of quality O-line prospects in the 4th, 5th and/or 6th.

I know Wisenhunt is an offensive guy, but I think they can get by at RB for another year, and after that, DE, DB and OL are their biggest areas of need. I wouldn't mind seeing the entire draft committed to those three positions. Two DEs, two DBs and three OLs...

Fillmoe
04-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Desean!

bresilhac
04-18-2008, 01:52 AM
I like Philip Merling of Clemson for the Redskins if he's still around by the time they select at 21. If not maybe a Calais Campbell from Miami. Either would fill a need that Washington has had for awhile. And that's having a decent, consistent pass rush.

peewee's lovechild
04-19-2008, 09:54 AM
For The Boys:

Felix Jones is a must with the first pick.

Second pick, I'd say Safety (it depends on who's available) or Corner.

After that, I think we really need to look for a solid OT.

mardigan
04-19-2008, 01:11 PM
For The Boys:

Felix Jones is a must with the first pick.

Second pick, I'd say Safety (it depends on who's available) or Corner.

After that, I think we really need to look for a solid OT.

Jones isnt a must, in fact I really dont think there is much of a difference between a guy like him and guys like Jamaal Charles or Chris Johnson.
The recieving class is kind of week, but if Devin Thomas or Limas Sweed is there I would like to see one taken. Above all else, I would really like to see the Boys take a corner with their first pick. I really would hate if they picked up a safety anywhere in the first 3 rounds, as guys like Watkins and Brown have a lot of talent and need to get playing time. O-line maybe, but the Boys seem pretty high on James Martin, Doug Free and Mcquistan, so I dont see a first day pick there. I would really like to see them try and draft a pass rushing end, maybe another defensive tackle for the rotation.

StylisticS
04-19-2008, 03:02 PM
I'd rather have Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, or Jamal Charles over Felix Jones.

monosylab1k
04-20-2008, 12:40 PM
I'd rather have Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, or Jamal Charles over Felix Jones.

:lmao Jamaal Charles? You've already got a QB who fumbles the ball at the most inopportune times in the playoffs and a slot receiver who can't catch routine passes at big moments in the playoffs, now you want to add the biggest big-game choker the University Of Texas has possibly ever had at RB?

O-Factor
04-20-2008, 11:58 PM
:lmao Jamaal Charles? You've already got a QB who fumbles the ball at the most inopportune times in the playoffs and a slot receiver who can't catch routine passes at big moments in the playoffs, now you want to add the biggest big-game choker the University Of Texas has possibly ever had at RB?

Please, a weak effort from you as always.

Call'em what you want, but you can't call them cheaters, bandwagon boy

Fillmoe
04-21-2008, 01:22 AM
whoever picks kenny phillips is getting a beast!

mardigan
04-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Fumbling problems can be fixed with coaching, and he made strides last year. He lost 4 fumbles in the first 6 games, then didnt lose another the rest of the year. Jamaal is a big play guy all the way, and would be a great compliment to Barber. And how exactly is he a big game choker? He looked pretty good against Arizona St.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Fumbling problems can be fixed with coaching, and he made strides last year. He lost 4 fumbles in the first 6 games, then didnt lose another the rest of the year. Jamaal is a big play guy all the way, and would be a great compliment to Barber. And how exactly is he a big game choker? He looked pretty good against Arizona St.

Arizona State really wasn't a big game considering it was completely meaningless. He almost single-handedly lost the Oklahoma game.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Please, a weak effort from you as always.

Call'em what you want, but you can't call them cheaters, bandwagon boy

:lol i like your style - if you can't deny it, just change the subject. I'm glad you won't deny your team sucks.

mardigan
04-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Arizona State really wasn't a big game considering it was completely meaningless. He almost single-handedly lost the Oklahoma game.

Mack almost yearly loses that game by himself. He didnt play great in that game, your right. But he had a pretty rough streak during the middle of the year, but he finished up really, really strong. I just think that he has the speed and pass catching ability to be a difference player. 34 career touchdowns, 19 on 20 plus yard runs.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Mack almost yearly loses that game by himself. He didnt play great in that game, your right. But he had a pretty rough streak during the middle of the year, but he finished up really, really strong. I just think that he has the speed and pass catching ability to be a difference player. 34 career touchdowns, 19 on 20 plus yard runs.

He's got the physical gifts to be big impact player, you're right, but like many Texas RBs, I don't know if I really see the fire in him to be a great player. I think I'd rather have Felix Jones if I had to pick between the two (although Felix did have like 4 fumbles in one half against USC).