PDA

View Full Version : Wiz's triangle offense..

Sense
01-17-2005, 12:55 AM
Jamison
Hughes
Arenas

How will we stop them?

Bruce
Ginobili (if healthy, I hope)
Tony

This trio is all they got, but I've noticed that they are the best scoring Trio in the NBA.
I also noticed that we have played like shit. :]
How in the world will we stop them if the Spurs continue to come in the arena, and lose focus.

I feel their game to be pale, and that's when I know, we lose.

Plain and simple, The Spurs are losing close games against good teams.
I'm having early doubts guys..

Who will step up? Tim? Tony? Gino? Bowen?

eh..

Kori Ellis
01-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Hughes is out for six weeks, so they won't have to worry about him.

Sense
01-17-2005, 01:00 AM
Hughes is out for six weeks, so they won't have to worry about him.

Wow, is he?

He's a huge with the numbers.

Ok, I'm no longer having doubts....

Hughes is the leader of the team, without him, it won't be the same....even if their bench decides to step it up. It usually doesn't happen on the road, and it will not happen on the best home team.

Eh, I'm looking forward to the game even more now.

TMTTRIO
01-17-2005, 01:04 AM
The way it sounds right now Manu's not playing tommorow but we'll see.

Sense
01-17-2005, 01:06 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9148

Yes, that is also a problem, Barry has shown some problems on his defense.

Eh, hopefully we'll step it up, and we'll be able to run.

IceColdBrewski
01-17-2005, 01:10 AM
Somebody please tell me again about how signing Arenas would have been a big mistake.

Sense
01-17-2005, 01:13 AM
It wouldn't have been...

But then again, how can you tell? Do you consider Arenas better than Parker?

Arenas is not considered one of the best at his position, and parker is.

You never know what could've happened..

It's just like Moss never signed with the Cowboys.

Eh...

exstatic
01-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Somebody please tell me again about how signing Arenas would have been a big mistake.

Because Parker OWNED him? Arenas and Jason Richardson pulled that little practice holdout at the behest of their agent when they were in GS. That was enough for me. All SA needs is the next spoiled child NBA baby, a la Rasheed.

ALVAREZ6
01-17-2005, 08:40 PM
All my key players to my fantasy teams are injured, and im still ranked #1.

Hughes , Nash,
I also lost J-O'neal cus I got rid of him after the Detroit brawl....

of course i didn't know the bastards where gonna decrease the amount of games ...

T Park
01-17-2005, 09:48 PM
22 points 8 assits and 6 rebounds he put on Arenas.

BTW,

Where is Brewski???

Suprising hes not here?? nope.....

exstatic
01-17-2005, 10:12 PM
TPark, you ought to know by now that he doesn't show up when Parker does well. ;)

IceColdBrewski
01-17-2005, 10:13 PM
22 points 8 assits and 6 rebounds he put on Arenas.

BTW,

Where is Brewski???

Suprising hes not here?? nope.....

Wtf? Seems like I can't even take a piss without one of my fan club calling for me. Get one thing straight sweetheart. I don't run and hide. Don't suspect me of running just because I have more of a life than you. If I'm wrong, I'm more than man enough to admit it. And you'll never convince me that Arenas would have been a bad addition to this club just because he played poorly for one game.

While we're back on the subject, Arenas was averaging 23 points a game last I checked. That's more than frenchy. But I'm sure you'll think of some excuse as to why Parker is better. And just because Arenas had an off night doesn't mean Parker is suddenly better.

Funny stuff. Whenever Parker lays an egg it's because he had an "off night" or "was trying too hard" or [insert excuse here]. But if Arenas has an off night against Parker it's because he was "owned". :rolleyes

picnroll
01-17-2005, 10:17 PM
I was a big Arenas pimper from way back. But I've soured on his game. He's a gunner, not smart, and doesn't get his teammates involved. A team with Arenas at point will never be a great team.

T Park
01-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Frenchy.

Really cute.

Your hatred for Parker is quite legendary, so whenever he has a good game, you mysteriously arent here.

But you are here, life or not, when he has a bad game.

Gilbert Arena's is a good point guard no doubt, but give Tony Parker the same amount of shots that Arenas gets, he prob would average 23 points a game.

Get one thing straight sweetheart.

Awww, nice name cutie!!! :)

IceColdBrewski
01-17-2005, 10:21 PM
I was a big Arenas pimper from way back. But I've soured on his game. He's a gunner, not smart, and doesn't get his teammates involved.

Arenas averages 1 less assist per game than Parker.

T Park
01-17-2005, 10:23 PM
A team with Arenas at point will never be a great team

You stupid Tony Parker Homer, take off the silver and black sunglasses. (sarcasm)

Gilbert Arenas going 0-12 and not getting Jamison, or Dixon more involved, is what lost the game for Washington today.

That and Tony Parker is a good defensive point guard, and the Spurs are the best team in basketball.

T Park
01-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Arenas averages 1 less assist per game than Parker.

so he averages 4 a game??

You rip up Tony Parker for not averaging more, hypocrisy?

exstatic
01-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Arenas is a small 2 guard. He doesn't have the PG mindset or vision. He never even played PG until he was drafted by GS. His asst/TO ration is the best of his career so far, and is still only 1.7. His career mark is 1.6. Last year he was 1.21. Tony has never been below 2, not even his rookie year. This year he is 2.19, and his career mark is 2.24

picnroll
01-17-2005, 10:37 PM
It's how Arenas runs an offfense. How he doesn't control pace and tempo. How he doesn't keep everybody involved in the offense. How he loses focus on both ends of the court. There is more than just numbers.

Frenchise player
01-18-2005, 04:42 AM
TP is the PG of a title contender, Arenas's team is just a good one which plays in a week division, you just can't compare there number straight without putting them into a context, Spurs play defense, Was play run and gun like Phoenix, it is normal that Was players have better stats.