PDA

View Full Version : If the Spurs are to win the title this year, they must beat LA today

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 01:16 AM
If they can go into LA without Manu, and show the pride and guts of champion and pull that win off they will win the title. No way a team that plays the Suns in the first round can win 4 series in the playoffs

This game is the season for the Spurs

Believe

Guajalote
04-13-2008, 01:19 AM
If for no other reason than gaining some much needed momentum going into the playoffs.

Regardless, I'm going to have faith in the Spurs, Pop, and the system. The formula has been very effective.

timaios
04-13-2008, 01:20 AM
If they can go into LA without Manu, and show the pride and guts of champion and pull that win off they will win the title. No way a team that plays the Suns in the first round can win 4 series in the playoffs
Believe

And without Brent... and Robert.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2008, 01:21 AM
If the Spurs lose against LA, they will most likely get the #3 seed which probably means a first round date with Phoenix.

Which, in reality is a highly likely spot for a first round exit.

Sorry, but it's true

MaVeRiCksGOHARD
04-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Spurs Suck Dick

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 01:22 AM
If for no other reason than gaining some much needed momentum going into the playoffs.

Regardless, I'm going to have faith in the Spurs, Pop, and the system. The formula has been very effective.

the confidence they would have of going into LA without Manu and pulling off a must win for BOTH TEAMS will be what they need, they would know they can beat anyone

if they lose, they will be the #3 seed and I don't think they can get past the Suns, yet I fully believe either LA or NO would beat the Suns in the first rd

honestfool84
04-13-2008, 01:23 AM
Believe

just out of curiosity, and without any strife..

why is your name says spurs dynasty..
yet you're stilling living in the past about scola?
i mean, the spurs have lost just as many games as any other team in the west - WITHOUT scola - no need to bring him up any time we do bad.

oh..and i wonder if portland fans are still kicking themselves in the butt to this day for having picked sam bowie over michael freaking jordan.

BonnerDynasty
04-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Too bad Horry and Barry will start tomorrow along side Bonner and we will DOMINATE.

CIA POP Baby!

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 01:28 AM
Too bad Horry and Barry will start tomorrow along side Bonner and we will DOMINATE.

CIA POP Baby!

I doubt Horry and Barry play tomorrow, but the Spurs could really use some 3pt shooting

all I know is, Duncan has to have a MAJOR game, I'm talking 35+ pts 15+rbs for the Spurs to have a chance

and Parker also may need to be 30+

boutons_
04-13-2008, 01:32 AM
With Manu out, this squad will have to reprise the 03 team, gutsy defense to try to hold down the scoring, and hoping the Spurs hit a few more shots than the other guys.

If we can't score against the Suns @ATT, we're terrible.

BonnerDynasty
04-13-2008, 01:32 AM
This game will show how much heart the Spurs have.

Nuggets (to keep the chance alive)

or

Mavs

in the first round?

That's a real hard one Pop.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-13-2008, 02:22 AM
The Spurs won't win without Manu.

If we had a healthy Barry/Horry who could come in and pick up the slack we'd have a chance...

Princess Pimp
04-13-2008, 03:49 AM
You ain't beating the Lakers...

J.T.
04-13-2008, 04:15 AM
I'm tired of this Spurs Dynasty 21 bitch and his kool aid doomsday posts. The Spurs recent track record in the postseason against teams that made them their bitch in the regular season (2003 Suns, 2005 Sonics, 2007 Cavs) is pretty good. I think we can beat Phoenix in a playoff series without HCA. We've done it twice.

Eli Manning
04-13-2008, 04:22 AM
I'm tired of this Spurs Dynasty 21 bitch and his kool aid doomsday posts. The Spurs recent track record in the postseason against teams that made them their bitch in the regular season (2003 Suns, 2005 Sonics, 2007 Cavs) is pretty good. I think we can beat Phoenix in a playoff series without HCA. We've done it twice.

For real, bro! No one gave me a shot at beating America's Team, Father Time, or Jesus Wears #12, but I did. I'm pulling for the Spurs now. Eli Manning, hero of the under dogs!

mikeanthony21
04-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Spurs Suck Dick

Dear MaVeRiCkSBLOWHARD... please take your pitiful existence and go step in front of a moving bus. Thank you for your cooporation.

ludda
04-13-2008, 06:57 AM

Believe

O Rly?

Obstructed_View
04-13-2008, 07:59 AM
blah blah blah scola blah
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/splittersig.jpg

batboy
04-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Scola thread!

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-13-2008, 08:50 AM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/GeneralPurpose/Spurstalk/splittersig.jpg
:lol owned.

tmtcsc
04-13-2008, 09:06 AM
The Spurs, playing without Manu, Barry and Horry, MUST beat the Lakers to prove to you that they have what it takes to win in the playoffs ?

You gotta be kidding. The regular season is the regular season and everything changes in the playoffs.
The Spurs just need to be healthy and focused when the playoffs begin. I would love for them to be the no.1 seed but its not necessary.

I want us to face Phoenix, Dallas and New Orleans on our way to number 5. How else will we be able to shut their fans up ? We beat Phoenix last year in 6 and they still come in here and talk shit.
If Tim grows a pair when he faces Shaq and we learn to make a basket, we'll handle Phoenix just fine.

mystargtr34
04-13-2008, 09:21 AM
You all realise Spurs Dynasty is a troll and a fan of one of our rivals who have been constantly owned in the playoffs every year of his existance... my guess is a Phoenix fan...

Thats why hes only here once every blue moon.... hes on another teams forum bitching and whinging why his team gets owned every fucking post season.

I really pity the kid.

ChuckD
04-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Didn't you set one of these fake "tests" against Houston recently? If they passed that test, why should you set another one?

What this really is, is a test of your faith in the Spurs. You're looking for an excuse to write them off, so you keep setting these fake meaningless test up for them.

Kill yourself.

YoMamaIsCallin
04-13-2008, 09:36 AM

Believe

You are completely and totally wrong.

First: with regard to the Spurs point of view on this game.

This is a regular season game. It is the first game of a back-to-back. Three Spurs are out with injuries. The Spurs have already clinched a playoff spot. Popovich has already said seeding doesn't matter that much to him. Historically, we've seen that Popovich will never go all out to win a regular season game unless something really, really important is on the line.

This game is by no means a test of anything, and it has little to do with how the Spurs will do in the playoffs.

That said... sure the Spurs would like to win. But they are definitely not treating this anything like a key game.

Second: with regard to the Spurs vs. the Suns

Just exactly how do you come to the conclusion that the Spurs can't beat the Suns in a 7-game series??? There's no history to prove that. The Suns certainly have a worse record than the Spurs this year. And history has shown that regular season head-to-head matchups mean precisely dick in the playoffs. For example, last year Cleveland swept the Spurs in the regular season, then the Spurs swept the Cavs quite easily in the playoffs.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 10:18 AM
The Spurs themselves are not convinced they can beat the best teams, which is why they have been getting slapped by Utah and PHX

a win today is the confidence boost they need to win the title, and they avoid the Suns

YoMamaIsCallin
04-13-2008, 10:22 AM
OK it's obvious that using the English language with well-formed arguments elicits no response at all from your obviously tiny brain. So let's try a different approach.

The Spurs themselves are not convinced they can beat the best teams, which is why they have been getting slapped by Utah and PHX

Bullshit.

a win today is the confidence boost they need to win the title, and they avoid the Suns

Bullshit.

There. Did THAT get through?

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Spurs haven't proved otherwise, so until them I am right

T Park
04-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Thank you for my new sig obstructed view

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Thank you for my new sig obstructed view

so fiction>>>reality?

LMAO

SpursFanFirst
04-13-2008, 10:47 AM
If the Spurs are to win the title this year, they must beat LA today

...if not, then this game was a fluke, and doesn't matter. :blah

Wait, is this the same Spurs dynasty? Hm. I'm so confused!

TampaDude
04-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Spurs haven't proved otherwise, so until them I am right

The Spurs are still champions until someone knocks them off in the playoffs...until then, you are 100% WRONG. The REAL season starts on April 16th.

duncan228
04-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Wait, is this the same Spurs dynasty? Hm. I'm so confused!

Two different posters, SpursDynasty and Spurs Dynasty 21.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 10:51 AM
The Spurs are still champions until someone knocks them off in the playoffs...until then, you are 100% WRONG. The REAL season starts on April 16th.

I want the Spurs to repeat more then anyone on this site, but they will not be repeating if they play the Suns in the 1st rd

if the Celtics can show guts to go into SA without Ray Allen and come back from 22pts and win, then it's time for SA to prove they have the heart to overcome adversity also

T Park
04-13-2008, 10:52 AM
so fiction>>>reality?

LMAO

other way around troll

Splitter will turn out to be the better player and you'll be the forum dunce.

More than now.

T Park
04-13-2008, 10:52 AM
if the Celtics can show guts to go into SA without Ray Allen and come back from 22pts and win, then it's time for SA to prove they have the heart to overcome adversity also

So

Ray Allen = Manu Ginobili?

:lol

wow

SpursFanFirst
04-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Two different posters, SpursDynasty and Spurs Dynasty 21.

:lol Too many similar names!

Oh well, A Spurs Dynasty would've said that, so, it stands!

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 10:57 AM
So

Ray Allen = Manu Ginobili?

wow

what a great and logical conclusion you jumped to there, I'm just shocked TNT didn't hire you do give your analysis

.........oh wait

:rolleyes

td4mvp21
04-13-2008, 11:34 AM
I think this is the pivatol game of the season...it pretty much decides our destiny. If we win, we have a great chance at 1st or 2nd seed. If we lose, we pretty much get the 3rd or 5th seed and will have a much harder chance to repeat. As long as the Spurs fucking compete, I'll be happy. If they just roll over and die, then that to me shows that they don't care too much about the repeat.

duncan228
04-13-2008, 11:38 AM
As long as the Spurs fucking compete, I'll be happy.

I'm with you. The win is important but what matters more to me is to see them leave it all on the court.

td4mvp21
04-13-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm with you. The win is important but what matters more to me is to see them leave it all on the court.

Exactly. I'm not expecting a win today (especially because Manu is out) but hopefully the Spurs put up a huge fight.

duncan228
04-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Exactly. I'm not expecting a win today (especially because Manu is out) but hopefully the Spurs put up a huge fight.

Everything about this game spells loss. Early start, national TV, on the road against a team with Kobe. I don't jump when they lose, but I will be pissed if they don't play with some heart.

ClingingMars
04-13-2008, 11:45 AM
No game in the regular season is a must win, except if a loss means no playoffs.

- Mars

DazedAndConfused
04-13-2008, 11:46 AM
They always play the Lakers hard, no matter who is playing. I expect a dog fight. The two best teams in the WC going at it for the #1 seed.......doesn't get any better than this.

peskypesky
04-13-2008, 12:00 PM
If the Rockets can play so damn well after losing Yao, Spurs should be able to win without Manu. And the Lakers are missing their Center. So no excuses. We gotta get this one. Go Spurs Go! :flag:

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-13-2008, 12:19 PM
The Spurs themselves are not convinced they can beat the best teams
I'd like to see where you got your sources on this.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-13-2008, 12:20 PM
so fiction>>>reality?

LMAO
Oh don't pay attention to me, I'm just an attention whore
Fixed.

ChuckD
04-13-2008, 12:28 PM
The bottom line is, you win the title if you win 16 playoff games, period. There isn't a damn regular season game that means shit, including this one.

twincam
04-13-2008, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Spurs Dynasty 21]If they can go into LA without Manu, and show the pride and guts of champion and pull that win off they will win the title. No way a team that plays the Suns in the first round can win 4 series in the playoffs

Negative, it's only a regular season game. Tells NOTHING about winning a championship.

remingtonbo2001
04-13-2008, 12:47 PM

A confidence boost for whom?

Yourself and the other cliff jumpers on this forum?

FYI, the Spurs don't need a fuckin' confidence boost. They need to get healthy for the playoffs. The Spurs know they're more than capable of repeating as Champions, win or lose today.

T Park
04-13-2008, 01:05 PM
If the Rockets can play so damn well after losing Yao, Spurs should be able to win without Manu. And the Lakers are missing their Center. So no excuses. We gotta get this one. Go Spurs Go! :flag:

How do you put those two together?

What do you and dynasty chat through IM

"Lets see who can pull the biggest piece of shit take out of our asses today! Winner gets a debit world of warcraft card"

daslicer
04-13-2008, 01:44 PM
If the spurs lose today we are going to see tons of doom and gloom posts. I hope spurs dynasty you won't be on suicide watch if the spurs lose this game. You guys are making too much out of it. Yes its important for seeding but nothing else. If they lose they lose its not going to be the reason why they won't win the title. If the spurs don't win it this year it has everything to do with them just not being good enough and I could live that. You guys stress out too much and its pretty sad that you can't enjoy it when the spurs are winning the titles due to getting annoyed by stupid trolls of other teams. Seriously who gives a sh1t what other fans have to say when you win you always have to deal with haters.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 04:32 PM
sorry, it's not Manu to blame for this embarrassment

it's Tim Duncan 6-17 so far, and I've never seen him miss so many point blank lay ups

sprrs
04-13-2008, 05:20 PM
sorry, it's not Manu to blame for this embarrassment

it's Tim Duncan 6-17 so far, and I've never seen him miss so many point blank lay ups

Maybe if you had made the basket in the trash can with the title on the line, the Spurs wouldn't be playing so crappy.

Obstructed_View
04-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Maybe if you had made the basket in the trash can with the title on the line, the Spurs wouldn't be playing so crappy.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 05:38 PM

that is reason #1