PDA

View Full Version : Fight to the death - Navy Seal vs. UFC Fighter

NorCal510
04-13-2008, 01:17 AM
Lets say they are both relative in size and experience. No weapons... just bare handed... anything fair game (eye gouging, etc.)

Who would you choose to win?

I'd take the navy seal... them bad asses are meant to kill. Top trained elite BAMF's.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-13-2008, 01:23 AM
:sleep

NorCal510
04-13-2008, 01:24 AM
:sleep
you can't answer a legit question?

Vinnie_Johnson
04-13-2008, 01:25 AM
you can't answer a legit question?

Give me da seal :toast

marini martini
04-13-2008, 01:30 AM
You!

:ihit

BonnerDynasty
04-13-2008, 01:45 AM
Rhino or Grizzly Bear?

Winner gets Hippopotamus?

Heath Ledger
04-13-2008, 02:57 AM
Seal would win hands down for their ability to take severe punishment and keep on trucking. If they can make it thru hell week they can make it thru anything.

Avitus1
04-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Predator would kick both their asses.

Don Quixote
04-14-2008, 11:18 AM
I'll admit, both are tough.

But you know who scares the crap out of me? Haitian men.

I don't know what it is about them. Shoot, I go to school with a number of them, and they're all nice! Some of them are my friends. They're Christians, in fact.

But they still terrify me. I don't know why ... maybe it's their voice. Maybe it's the toughness and intensity they've built up from growing up in Haiti.

I don't know. I'm probably a bad person and a racist for admitting this.

Summers
04-14-2008, 11:22 AM
as long as it doesn't devolve into them wrapping their legs around each other and squirming around on the floor

That turns me on.

(The SEAL would win.)

monosylab1k
04-14-2008, 11:24 AM
The MMA forum dorks are going to be very insulted by the results of this poll.

Evan
04-14-2008, 11:35 AM
The MMA forum dorks are going to be very insulted by the results of this poll.

not so much

Herschel Walker
04-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Depends... In a sanctioned MMA bout in a ring Id take the MMA elite guy over an Elite Seal. In a real world fight to the death combat situation Id take the Seal.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-14-2008, 01:00 PM
This reminds me of a NetFlix commercial.

Evan
04-14-2008, 02:02 PM
MMA fighters train ALL day to fight hand to hand. Thats all they do.

In fact some MMA fighters hold seminars at bases to help train soldiers. Open any MMA magazine and there is probably a story about some fighter going overs seas or at a base at home training the military.

Navy SEALS have a lot more to do than training to fight hand to hand. Navy SEALS are all around badasses, MMA fighters are just badasses at fighting.

The WEC's LHW champion is still in the Marines

http://www.wec.tv/index.cfm?fa=fighter.detail&pid=556

LEONARD
04-14-2008, 02:46 PM
MMA fighter would kick a UFC fighter's ass!!! :lol

as long as it doesn't devolve into them wrapping their legs around each other and squirming around on the floor

look around at some typical military hand to hand combat training...much of it is grappling actually...

manufor3
04-14-2008, 06:13 PM
navy seal

LEONARD
04-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Oh oh oh…

How about this guy?
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/GeoBa2saiX/FedorIceCream.jpg

Vs ANY Navy seal?? Who wins? :lol

How about this…the UFC LW (155 lbs) champ would destroy ANY Navy seal in a real fight. End of discussion…

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 10:01 AM
MMA fighters train ALL day to fight hand to hand. Thats all they do.

In fact some MMA fighters hold seminars at bases to help train soldiers. Open any MMA magazine and there is probably a story about some fighter going overs seas or at a base at home training the military.

Navy SEALS have a lot more to do than training to fight hand to hand. Navy SEALS are all around badasses, MMA fighters are just badasses at fighting.

The WEC's LHW champion is still in the Marines

http://www.wec.tv/index.cfm?fa=fighter.detail&pid=556
:clap

LEONARD
04-15-2008, 03:38 PM
or how about this...

ANY top level BJJ practitioner could takeout a Navy Seal...choke = end of fight, or death if he so chooses...

Shaolin-Style
04-15-2008, 04:14 PM
I think a NS would win. I don't watch a lot of mma but what I did watch there were more rules to their fights, whereas a NS would probably be trained with no rules dirty fighting in mind.

LEONARD
04-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I think a NS would win. I don't watch a lot of mma but what I did watch there were more rules to their fights, whereas a NS would probably be trained with no rules dirty fighting in mind.

rules don't matter if there is no blood flowing to your brain or if you're being turned into a pretzel...

http://www.graciemag.com/data/images/news/categories/cat_144/marcelinhoavelan.JPG

:lol

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 04:50 PM
i told everybody the MMA Forum boys would come defend their man-on-man dry hump sport.

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 04:54 PM
It would take about 10 seconds for a Navy SEAL to knock an MMA fighter unconscious, then another three seconds to snap his neck and kill him.

Navy SEALs are trained to kill, MMA fighters are trained to grab another man in a slightly homoerotic manner until the other guy taps out due to excessive gayness.

LEONARD
04-15-2008, 05:09 PM

oh that silly mono...

Not worth arguing about this...it's just dumb...

A Navy Seal wouldn't be able to land a punch...

Shaolin-Style
04-15-2008, 05:12 PM
rules don't matter if there is no blood flowing to your brain or if you're being turned into a pretzel...

Theres dirty ways out of almost everything an mma fighter does that isn't allowed in competition, and chances are while the mma fighter is taught to avoid these kind of moves, the ns is taught to embrace them. A NS isn't going to be looking for an armbar, hes probably going to be looking to get ahold of your fingers and break them to cripple your capabilities. If you think an mma fighter is going to have a navy seal choked out or in bent into a pretzel that easily you're nuts Their whole system of restrictions makes it hard to predict what would really happen in an anything goes fight between two significantly trained combatants at the peak of their training.

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 05:15 PM
A Navy Seal wouldn't be able to land a punch...
A Navy Seal wouldn't be trying to punch.

cornbread
04-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Navy SEALs are trained to kill, MMA fighters are trained to grab another man in a slightly homoerotic manner until the other guy taps out due to excessive gayness.
It's like Dallas talk radio mixed with a little bit of Pussyface. Mixing it up mono? :lol

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Theres dirty ways out of almost everything an mma fighter does that isn't allowed in competition, and chances are while the mma fighter is taught to avoid these kind of moves, the ns is taught to embrace them. A NS isn't going to be looking for an armbar, hes probably going to be looking to get ahold of your fingers and break them to cripple your capabilities. If you think an mma fighter is going to have a navy seal choked out or in bent into a pretzel that easily you're nuts Their whole system of restrictions makes it hard to predict what would really happen in an anything goes fight between two significantly trained combatants at the peak of their training.

We're assuming the mma fighter knows ahead of time that anything goes right? He's not going to go into thinking it's sanctioned by the NSAC? :lol

An armbar is pretty effective in a real fight...instead of stopping where a guy would normally tap you just break it. That'll have an impact on a SEAL I'd think.

Are SEALS trained to defend legkicks? They're no laughing matter...one good one can end a fight if you don't know how to defend it, or take it properly.

and dirty tactics won't get you out of a RNC. Takes about 3 seconds to put you to sleep, then it's just a matter of what the other guy wants to do with your limp body... :lol

In summary, the SEAL would barely be able to get his hand on the real fighter...

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 11:55 AM
It would take about 10 seconds for a Navy SEAL to knock an MMA fighter unconscious

A Navy Seal wouldn't be trying to punch.

Makes perfect sense... :lol

There must be some top secret military training that allows a SEAL to knock somebody out in less than 10 seconds without punching? How about knocking somebody out that's trained in the art of not getting hit when sloppy punches are thrown at them? It works for that too I guess?

This is a dumb argument because MOST don't understand the level, or types, of training that goes into being a fighter at the level of the UFC. MOST think that SEAL's are the baddest guys around. I'm not saying that SEALS aren't bad dudes...they are without question. But the reality is that the SEAL is going to get his ass worked over in a no rules fight with a "UFC fighter"...

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Makes perfect sense... :lol

There must be some top secret military training that allows a SEAL to knock somebody out in less than 10 seconds without punching? How about knocking somebody out that's trained in the art of not getting hit when sloppy punches are thrown at them? It works for that too I guess?

This is a dumb argument because MOST don't understand the level, or types, of training that goes into being a fighter at the level of the UFC. MOST think that SEAL's are the baddest guys around. I'm not saying that SEALS aren't bad dudes...they are without question. But the reality is that the SEAL is going to get his ass worked over in a no rules fight with a "UFC fighter"...

A Navy Seal has no rules. There really is no right or wrong answer because the outcome would probably never always be the same. That said, I'd put my money on the Navy Seal every time.

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 12:01 PM
A Navy Seal has no rules. There really is no right or wrong answer because the outcome would probably never always be the same. That said, I'd put my money on the Navy Seal every time.

It's your money... :lol

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 12:02 PM
2 new military related MMA shows are out now...

The Military Channel wraps up “TOP Army Fighter” tonight.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/4108/t-o-p-army-fighter-debuts-april-14.mma

and

“GI vs Pros” debuts on FSN on July 19th...
http://mmajunkie.com/news/4101/gi-vs-pro-debuts-july-19-on-fsn.mma

Evan
04-16-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm pretty sure a UFC fighter trains for hand to hand combat more in 2 day's than a SEAL does in a month.

I really think people are losing sight of that aspect.

They train a lot of grappling and Judo throws if I am not mistaken.

Evan
04-16-2008, 12:20 PM
You guys want to talk about shooting, tracking, gathering intel and everything else that goes along with being a SEAL, a SEAL wins. But hand to hand combat, no.

Again…a mma fighter does nothing and I mean nothing but train their body for fighting…eating…running…and cross training martial arts disciplines.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 12:46 PM
In summary, the SEAL would barely be able to get his hand on the real fighter...
Again, in a fight to the DEATH, I'll put my money on the guy trained to KILL, not the guy trained to fight in a ring with a referee.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Again, in a fight to the DEATH, I'll put my money on the guy trained to KILL, not the guy trained to fight in a ring with a referee.

I concur. :tu

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 01:02 PM
You guys want to talk about shooting, tracking, gathering intel and everything else that goes along with being a SEAL, a SEAL wins. But hand to hand combat, no.

Again…a mma fighter does nothing and I mean nothing but train their body for fighting…eating…running…and cross training martial arts disciplines.

Point taken. But believe me, Navy Seals train their body to the extreme as well.

MajicMan
04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
It's MMA (Mixed Martial Arts/Artist) not "UFC fighter". UFC is a brand and the name of a company. The well trained mixed martial artist would destroy a Navy Seal. They train in multiple disciplines (wrestling, grappling, boxing, kick boxing, jujitsu, cardio, strength and conditioning, weight training) all of which have evolved to new heights. A Navy Seal is trained to do different tasks. In a one on one fight a Navy Seal has no chance really.

drunkendan
04-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Navy SEAL hands down. I use to be stationed at the base they train at and the training those guys go through is nuts.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 01:26 PM
It's MMA (Mixed Martial Arts/Artist) not "UFC fighter". UFC is a brand and the name of a company. The well trained mixed martial artist would destroy a Navy Seal. They train in multiple disciplines (wrestling, grappling, boxing, kick boxing, jujitsu, cardio, strength and conditioning, weight training) all of which have evolved to new heights. A Navy Seal is trained to do different tasks. In a one on one fight a Navy Seal has no chance really.

A Navy Seal is trained to kill by any means necessary and if you don't think he'd have a chance you are fooling yourself.

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 01:37 PM

What don't you understand about a choke? If we're truly talking about "to the death" then the mma fighter can just hold a choke for 5 min's instead of 5 seconds and then head to the house...

Point taken. But believe me, Navy Seals train their body to the extreme as well.

Of course they do...but that doesn't mean they'll win a fight with somebody that trains just to fight...

Navy SEAL hands down. I use to be stationed at the base they train at and the training those guys go through is nuts.

"hands down" :lol ...how much do you know about the training that mma fighters do?? Again, it's about perception...the avg joe perceives "cage fighters" as glorified street fighters and the Seal as an indestructable killing machine...

A Navy Seal is trained to kill by any means necessary and if you don't think he'd have a chance you are fooling yourself.

It's hard to kill somebody if you can't get your hands on them...he's either getting KO'd, taken down and mounted/pounded into the ground, or taken down and having limbs broken and/or getting choked out. When the choke is sunk in, no training that Seals do will help...maybe he could try to break a finger or something, but he better do it within about 3 seconds AND hope that causes the choke to be released :lol

MajicMan
04-16-2008, 01:40 PM
OK, maybe some chance but an MMA fighter is also as well trained to "kill" if he wanted to. The only way a Seal kills someone is to break their neck or punch/kick out their larynx. An MMA fighter is well trained to defend these things. The rest of the stuff is punching balls, biting, clawing, manipulating small joints, whatever. An MMA fighter can knock out, choke out, break limbs, control, ,and even kill a Seal if that was the agenda.

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Substitute your Seal for Joe Stevenson... :lol
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/217443.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/25hcqyv.gif

Evan
04-16-2008, 01:44 PM

Doesn't matter if a SEAL cannot get close enough to execute his "killing moves"

Any basic MMA fighter is trained ad nauseum to protect his back.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 01:48 PM
OK, maybe some chance but an MMA fighter is also as well trained to "kill" if he wanted to. The only way a Seal kills someone is to break their neck or punch/kick out their larynx. An MMA fighter is well trained to defend these things. The rest of the stuff is punching balls, biting, clawing, manipulating small joints, whatever. An MMA fighter can knock out, choke out, break limbs, control, ,and even kill a Seal if that was the agenda.

And the Navy Seal is trained to knock out, choke out, break limbs, dominate and adapt and ignore pain and kill an MMA fighter if necessary. A Navy Seal is also well trained. My point is that this is a matter of opinion and not fact because different circumstances or a critical strike by either opponent could turn the tide very easily. All it take is one well placed strike to take down an opponent no matter who they are. I've seen smaller guys whoop ass on guys much bigger than them.
As I said, for me, I'll take the Navy Seal. Their history and reputation is second to none.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Doesn't matter if a SEAL cannot get close enough to execute his "killing moves"

Any basic MMA fighter is trained ad nauseum to protect his back.

As are Navy Seals. See my point?

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Substitute your Seal for Joe Stevenson... :lol

Substitute any MMA fighter for a Navy Seal and we're all screwed.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 01:51 PM
What don't you understand about a choke? If we're truly talking about "to the death" then the mma fighter can just hold a choke for 5 min's instead of 5 seconds and then head to the house...
And what makes you so certain a MMA fighter could get a Navy SEAL into a choke hold? And keep him there?

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Again, MMA fighters and their fanboys live in a world of cages and rules.

Navy SEALs live in the real world and a true "kill or be killed" mentality.

You can hypothesize how a MMA fighter MIGHT react in a true life or death fight, but you can't know for sure. Could a MMA fighter truly fight someone to the death with no rules whatsoever? Maybe, maybe not. But a Navy SEAL has already LIVED that.

Evan
04-16-2008, 01:55 PM
As are Navy Seals. See my point?

No no no..........SEALS are not drilled for hours a day to not give up their backs for choke holds.

Evan
04-16-2008, 01:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/yna182/1200959231830.gif

JoeChalupa
No no no..........SEALS are not drilled for hours a day to not give up their backs for choke holds.
SEALS don't need hours a day to know better than to give up their backs for choke holds. Any idiot knows that.

monosylab1k
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/yna182/1200959231830.gif
Oooh a referee! And sponsorships! Spike TV!

Evan
04-16-2008, 01:58 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/ic8vus.gif

MajicMan
04-16-2008, 01:59 PM
And the Navy Seal is trained to knock out, choke out, break limbs, dominate and adapt and ignore pain and kill an MMA fighter if necessary. A Navy Seal is also well trained. My point is that this is a matter of opinion and not fact because different circumstances or a critical strike by either opponent could turn the tide very easily. All it take is one well placed strike to take down an opponent no matter who they are. I've seen smaller guys whoop ass on guys much bigger than them.
As I said, for me, I'll take the Navy Seal. Their history and reputation is second to none.
You've been watching too much G.I. Joe. MMA fighters are the closest to killing machines man has even seen. They are the most versatile lethal human weapons currently. Seals are trained in various techniques but these are just courses they take and pass. MMA fighters spar, grapple, train, and fight on a regular basis. An experienced MMA fighter would make a Seal his bitch (Fedor). I have a friend that's a Marine and all his friends are Marines. Although they look tough in camo carrying an AK47 they are very much pussies. I've kicked a few of their asses no prob. It depends on the individual and their fighting experience. I know we're talking Seals here but by virtue of just being a "Seal" doesn't make you this invincible entity. I would give the edge to an MMA fighter but a tough Seal can definitely take out the average MMA fighter.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Since it's a made up scenario I'm going to have to settle it using made up combatants. Unfortunately the only made up MMA fighter I can think of off the top of my head was Jon Favreau's character from friends. I wouldn't like his chances against Michael Biehn's lifeless body from The Rock, much less a SEAL of Steven Seagal caliber.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 02:00 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/ic8vus.gif
hey the MGM Grand!

Evan
04-16-2008, 02:00 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w5/a99223/ivesound_01.gif

Evan
04-16-2008, 02:01 PM
why can't you guys see reason?

http://i30.tinypic.com/2d6nmx.gif

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Since it's a made up scenario I'm going to have to settle it using made up combatants. Unfortunately the only made up MMA fighter I can think of off the top of my head was Jon Favreau's character from friends. I wouldn't like his chances against Michael Biehn's lifeless body from The Rock, much less a SEAL of Steven Seagal caliber.
Dude, Charlie Sheen would annihilate Favreau...

http://ruthlessreviews.com/80saction/pics/navyseals1.jpg

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Dude, Charlie Sheen would annihilate Favreau...

http://ruthlessreviews.com/80saction/pics/navyseals1.jpg
He might have a shot against Bill Paxton though. Paxton's such a bitch.

drunkendan
04-16-2008, 02:05 PM

Have you heard of Hell Week? Not hell hour, hell week

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 02:05 PM
You've been watching too much G.I. Joe. MMA fighters are the closest to killing machines man has even seen. They are the most versatile lethal human weapons currently. Seals are trained in various techniques but these are just courses they take and pass. MMA fighters spar, grapple, train, and fight on a regular basis. An experienced MMA fighter would make a Seal his bitch (Fedor). I have a friend that's a Marine and all his friends are Marines. Although they look tough in camo carrying an AK47 they are very much pussies. I've kicked a few of their asses no prob. It depends on the individual and their fighting experience. I know we're talking Seals here but by virtue of just being a "Seal" doesn't make you this invincible entity. I would give the edge to an MMA fighter but a tough Seal can definitely take out the average MMA fighter.

I think you've been watching to much G.I.Joe with the Kung-Fu grip cartoons and need to take a step back into reality. Yeah, I'm sure I'd be more comfortable sending in a group of MMA fighters to rescue someone rather than a SEALS team. I don't think so.
And as you point out, being an MMA fighter does not automatically make you the baddest killing machine alive.
We just happen to disagree. I've know many Navy Seals and I know how badass they are. Are they all invincible? No, but I Thank God they all think they are.

Evan
04-16-2008, 02:06 PM
SEALS don't need hours a day to know better than to give up their backs for choke holds. Any idiot knows that.

Knowing it and and doing it are two different things...

any idiot knows that.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 02:07 PM

http://i30.tinypic.com/2d6nmx.gif

I keep asking myself the same question about all you MMA lovers.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 02:08 PM

any idiot knows that.

Exactly. Now you are getting it. Semper Fi!!!!

Now go post some more cute MMA gifs.

Evan
04-16-2008, 02:08 PM

Do they train JuJitsu the entire week?

Again, we're only talking about hand to hand combat.

Stick to the topic people.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 02:10 PM
:lmao reason?

"MMA fighters train hours everyday on how to fight in an octagon!"

"Navy SEALs train for hours everyday on how to kill motherfuckers"

"........yeah, but what about choke holds?"

"What about em? You think a Navy SEAL hell bent on delivering death is gonna suddenly give up just because of a choke hold? He'll chew a hole right thru the guy's fucking arm."

"......but that's against the rules! He has to tap out!"

Evan
04-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Exactly. Now you are getting it. Semper Fi!!!!.

That doesn't even make sense.

SEALS are in the Marines?

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 02:11 PM

any idiot knows that.
Exactly, knowing how to kill someone and doing it are two different things.

MMA fighters know it. Navy Seals do it.

Thanks for proving our point for us. Good afternoon.

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 02:14 PM
What does sponsorships and a ring have to do with fighting skills???

A Seal wouldn’t be able to land a punch. Sure they train some striking, but it’s just not at the level (at what level Deion?) of a professional fighter.

A Seal would never get into a position to choke out a guy that trains in grappling and BJJ every day they train.

Again, MMA fighters and their fanboys live in a world of cages and rules.

Navy SEALs live in the real world and a true "kill or be killed" mentality.

You can hypothesize how a MMA fighter MIGHT react in a true life or death fight, but you can't know for sure. Could a MMA fighter truly fight someone to the death with no rules whatsoever? Maybe, maybe not. But a Navy SEAL has already LIVED that.

That’s about your only argument…could an MMA fighter REALLY kill another guy? Who knows. That’s not the point of this. The debate is about who wins a no rules fight, not who can cope with killing another man… :lol

And what makes you so certain a MMA fighter could get a Navy SEAL into a choke hold? And keep him there?

Because the difference in grappling skill between a pro fighter and a Seal is huge…the Seal would get worked on the feet or on the ground. And killed, IF the fighter has the heart to kill him. If not, he’ll just break a limb and choke him out over and over until he’s had enough :lol

You really have no idea what you’re talking about…

Of course…it’s brutal…but it doesn’t help in a FIGHT aside from being tough and having cardio…still gonna get worked over bigtime…

Exactly, knowing how to kill someone and doing it are two different things. MMA fighters know it. Navy Seals do it. Thanks for proving our point for us. Good afternoon.

5 second choke vs 5 min choke…what’s so hard IF it’s really a “fight to the death” situation?

Your clinging to a whole different argument man…

Evan
04-16-2008, 02:15 PM
MMA fighters know it. Navy Seals do it..

So you're telling me Navy SEALS have more matches where they protect their backs against chokes than MMA fighters?

huh?

Really?

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 02:15 PM
could an MMA fighter REALLY kill another guy? Who knows. That’s not the point of this.
Actually it is. Take a look at the title of the thread genius.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 02:16 PM
So you're telling me Navy SEALS have more matches where they protect their backs against chokes than MMA fighters?

huh?

Really?
read the title of the thread and get back to me.

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 02:16 PM
He'll chew a hole right thru the guy's fucking arm.

Maybe you could explain the physics behind that? :lol

How and what do you bite?
http://www.fcfighter.com/PICTURES/MISC/untamed9-fletcher-reedy.jpg

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Actually it is. Take a look at the title of the thread genius.

I see the title..."fight to the death"

if you're assuming that the mma fighter couldn't bring himself to kill another man in a certain situation, then may as well delete the thread...

This is about fighting skill in a "fight to the death" match...

and the Seal will get WORKED...

monosylab1k
Maybe you could explain the physics behind that? :lol

How and what do you bite?
http://www.fcfighter.com/PICTURES/MISC/untamed9-fletcher-reedy.jpg
Look at those big blue eyes. I guess a Navy SEAL could reach back and shove his thumbs into them. That might end the choke hold.

Evan
read the title of the thread and get back to me.

Read my initial quote you edited.

Evan
04-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Look at those big blue eyes. I guess a Navy SEAL could reach back and shove his thumbs into them. That might end the choke hold.

Arch your back and turn your head and the eyes are out of reach.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Arch your back and turn your head and the eyes are out of reach.
his throat sure isn't then.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Lets say they are both relative in size and experience. No weapons... just bare handed... anything fair game (eye gouging, etc.)
from the OP.

In a fight like this, a MMA fighter would be lucky to still be alive after a minute.

Evan
04-16-2008, 02:23 PM
his throat sure isn't then.

Do you mean one guy being in a choke and reachign back and chocking the other guy?

It cant be done.

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 02:24 PM
While the Seal is fishing around for the throat or eyes, he's going to sleep...

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Do you mean one guy being in a choke and reachign back and chocking the other guy?

It cant be done.

A Seal can grab somebody's trachea from that position and rip it out with ease...duh...

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 02:25 PM

It cant be done.
Not talking about a choke.

MajicMan
04-16-2008, 02:26 PM
I think you've been watching to much G.I.Joe with the Kung-Fu grip cartoons and need to take a step back into reality. Yeah, I'm sure I'd be more comfortable sending in a group of MMA fighters to rescue someone rather than a SEALS team. I don't think so.
And as you point out, being an MMA fighter does not automatically make you the baddest killing machine alive.
We just happen to disagree. I've know many Navy Seals and I know how badass they are. Are they all invincible? No, but I Thank God they all think they are.
Ever seen the early UFC's? These were no holds barred matches. A small guy named Royce Gracie destroyed guys twice his size with just jujitsu (submissions) against all the other dirty stuff that Seals are trained in. Hmmmm........

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Plus that's the huge assumption that a SEAL would get himself stuck in that situation. Regardless, he could get himself out.

MMA fighters don't have what it takes to kill. End of story.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 02:27 PM
BTW those are cute mouth guards. Is that teal or blue-green?

Evan
04-16-2008, 02:28 PM
from the OP.

In a fight like this, a MMA fighter would be lucky to still be alive after a minute.

The Original UFC's were full of fights like this...

military guys, boxers, freakshow fights etc...

JuiJitsu guys won everytime.

This little guy cleaned up

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/45/44712.jpg

Evan
Ever seen the early UFC's? These were no holds barred matches. A small guy named Royce Gracie destroyed guys twice his size with just jujitsu (submissions) against all the other dirty stuff that Seals are trained in. Hmmmm........

heh...we posted the same thing

monosylab1k
Ever seen the early UFC's? These were no holds barred matches.
So you're comparing "early UFC" slapdicks to a Navy Seal?

Thread is over. The MMA fanboys lose again.

JoeChalupa
That doesn't even make sense.

SEALS are in the Marines?

Uh, No, the Marines are part of the Navy.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 02:29 PM
The Original UFC's were full of fights like this
fights to the death? i think not.

it was fun guys. maybe they can kick an Army Ranger's ass instead.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 02:31 PM

Listen, don't get me wrong. Yeah, I've watched some of those fights and I agree that those fighters are bad.
I"m just biased towards the Navy Seals as you all are biased towards MMA fighters.
They are both bad. :tu

Evan
04-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Uh, No, the Marines are part of the Navy.

Exactly. Now you are getting it. Semper Fi!!!!

Evan
04-16-2008, 02:32 PM
They are both bad. :tu

:toast

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 02:39 PM
So you're comparing "early UFC" slapdicks to a Navy Seal?

Thread is over. The MMA fanboys lose again.

Like I said earlier in the thread...a pure BJJ fighter would own the Seal. No striking required...so yea, it'd look like what Royce Gracie did to the guys he was fighting back then because they didn't know how to defend what he was doing...

http://club.ntu.edu.tw/~MMA/pic/jackson_vs_minowa.jpg

I'm sure Seals train on how to not get hurt when getting dumped on your head all the time too...

Plus that's the huge assumption that a SEAL would get himself stuck in that situation. Regardless, he could get himself out.

MMA fighters don't have what it takes to kill. End of story.

A Seal wouldn't be able to PREVENT getting into that situation...and could NOT get out of it either. You clearly have no clue what is involved. He'd probably have a broken arm or 2 at that point in the fight anyway, so he'd be flopping around helplessly...

The MMA fighter wouldn't have to kill...he could just fuck the guy up real bad and leave him a crumpled, injured, bloody mess...

atxrocker
04-16-2008, 02:54 PM
this fucking debate is stupid.

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 02:56 PM
No doubt...it wouldn't even be a fight...

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 03:00 PM
http://club.ntu.edu.tw/~MMA/pic/jackson_vs_minowa.jpg
Oh sweet another ring! In another fight where somebody isn't going to die! Cameramen! At least the ref is off camera this time!

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Oh sweet another ring! In another fight where somebody isn't going to die! Cameramen! At least the ref is off camera this time!

another irrelevant reply!!! yee haw!!

The Seal should HOPE he's in a ring when he gets spiked on his head...

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 03:04 PM
another irrelevant reply!!!
Only when you don't read the title of the thread!!! Do that, and then you realize it's another irrelevant picture!!!

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Showing pictures of MMA fighters in MMA fights is about as relevant as Cowboys fans arguing how good a QB Drew Henson was by showing videos of him throwing a football at a workout.

Throw the guy into the real deal and then see what happens.

stretch
04-16-2008, 03:08 PM
At the same time, a quick whip of your arms can immediately end the life of whomever is in the choke hold to begin with, thus nullifying their ability to eye-gouge.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 03:10 PM
At the same time, a quick whip of your arms can immediately end the life of whomever is in the choke hold to begin with, thus nullifying their ability to eye-gouge.
MMA fighters aren't trained to kill.

Zombie.
04-16-2008, 03:11 PM
this fucking debate is stupid.

:rolleyes

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 03:11 PM
lol @ atxcocker

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Only when you don't read the title of the thread!!! Do that, and then you realize it's another irrelevant picture!!!

I'm pretty sure I've addressed the angle that you're taking several times already dude...seriously...

They don't HAVE to kill to end a fight...

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm pretty sure I've addressed the angle that you're taking several times already dude...seriously...
You must have failed to make a decent point then.

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 03:30 PM
I must have failed to read your points then.

*fixed

atxrocker
lol @ atxcocker

lol @ elementary burns and originality

monosylab1k
I still have no decent point
fixed

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 03:31 PM
lol @ elementary burns and originality
lol @ a reply

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Not wasting any more time shooting down every point you try to make when it comes to the technical aspects of the fight...

...biting through someone's arm when in a RNC...awesome... :lol

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Not wasting any more time shooting down every point you try to make when it comes to the technical aspects of the fight...

...biting through someone's arm when in a RNC...awesome... :lol
comparing MMA matches to a fight to the death......awesome.... :lol

stretch
04-16-2008, 03:45 PM
it has nothing to do with being trained. a lot of people arent trained to kill, but snapping someones kneck doesnt take a lot of training. just a sudden jolt of pressure.

CuckingFunt
04-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Five pages?

Really??

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Five pages?

Really??

Is this the new quattro? :lmao

The NAVY SEAL!! and that is FINAL!!!

MajicMan
04-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Anyone can kill if they want to. Seals are trained in dirty tactics that's all. Eye gouging, biting, nut punching, and small joint manipulation. That's it? Anyone can do that. A mma fighter can do all that and then some. When you talk about "trained to kill" what is that really? You act as if they had some magical powers or secret training that allows them to do this. Anyone that wants to kill someone either has to beat them to death or break their neck or punch/kick out their larynx. It's no fucken secret.

LEONARD
04-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Five pages?

Really??

Eat shit

Anyone can kill if they want to. Seals are trained in dirty tactics that's all. Eye gouging, biting, nut punching, and small joint manipulation. That's it? Anyone can do that. A mma fighter can do all that and then some. When you talk about "trained to kill" what is that really? You act as if they had some magical powers or secret training that allows them to do this. Anyone that wants to kill someone either has to beat them to death or break their neck or punch/kick out their larynx. It's no fucken secret.

well said...

Evan
04-16-2008, 08:10 PM
mma fighters wear wraps!

SEALS wear body armor and have guns.

TheTruth
04-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Seals put their lives on the line in the most dangerous circumstances imaginable for this country. MMA guys fight for money. Why are we comparing the 2?

MajicMan
04-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Seals put their lives on the line in the most dangerous circumstances imaginable for this country. MMA guys fight for money. Why are we comparing the 2?
Do you lack reading comprehension or what? It was a hypothetical question in regards to who would win a fight. Not any of this other shit.

Rip-Hamilton32
04-16-2008, 09:07 PM
mma fighter would win easily

Rip-Hamilton32
04-16-2008, 09:45 PM
but he's M.M.A.

that means "mixed martial arts"

navy seals don't know mixed martial arts

(unless they do)
yeah but ufc fighters train in mma not just one thing

dallaskd
04-16-2008, 10:06 PM
wow i just read this thread title. seriously SHUT THE FUCK UP! i dont need to read any farther than the title. you cannot compared a seal to a MMA fighter. get some background on the sport before you post.

dallaskd
04-16-2008, 10:10 PM
the wec 145 pound champ could pick apart any 250 pound seal on his feet,ground, ANYTHING. end of thread. this is stupid and LMAO!!!! at anyone who voted navy seal WOW. i can tell your knowledge of MMA with "UFC fighter" in the thread.

dallaskd
04-16-2008, 10:17 PM
"........yeah, but what about choke holds?"

MMA is not just punching and choke holes. BJ Penn(155 pounds) would either KO any seal or crank his arm to hell in the first minute. the seal can try to gouge eyes out all he wants but it would be kinda hard with his head in a guillotine, knee bar, ankle lock. these idiots are the same people who are calling kimbo slice a mma prodigy.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Five pages?

Really??
glad you found time to contribute a post.

monosylab1k
04-16-2008, 10:55 PM
yeah but ufc fighters train in mma not just one thing
:lmao post of the year

BonnerDynasty
04-17-2008, 02:40 AM
MMA fighter no doubt.

Good luck to the Seal landing a strike/eye gouge/balls kick/any other bullshit in the first place.

Ever heard of Bas Rutten? He will kidney punch and bawl kick you into oblivion son!

mardigan
04-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Cro Cop, part of the Croation Police force's anti terrorist group, who has the training and skill of just about any Seal, was beaten down badly multiple times in the UFC. You really think that a UFC fighter doesnt know to kill? A lot of their choke out moves could kill easily if they wanted to. Seal dont give all of their time to fighting they have to learn so many other things (weapon training, swimming, helo jumping, explosives, etc.), while ALL the MMA fighters do nothing but train in hand and grappling styles. Just because a MMA fighter is trained to fight in a ring doesnt mean he is clueless. Its like saying an NBA player wouldnt be able to play streetball because all he knows is arenas and refs. All this thread shows is that a lot of people dont know shit about MMA. The Seal would still have a great chance in a streetfight, (and only in a streetfight), but to act like a Seal is a 100% lock to beat ass is stupid.

CommanderMcBragg
04-17-2008, 05:38 PM
This is a ridiculous argument since a Navy Seal and MMA fighter are trained differently. Two totally different situations. When it comes to military operations there is no doubt the Navy Seal is on top. Not even an argument.

They do not train just to fight. They have a greater responsibility than any MMA fighter could possibly fathom.

I'll leave all the petty fighting, that is totally useless, to you all.

LEONARD
04-17-2008, 05:42 PM
This is a ridiculous argument since a Navy Seal and MMA fighter are trained differently. Two totally different situations. When it comes to military operations there is no doubt the Navy Seal is on top. Not even an argument.

They do not train just to fight. They have a greater responsibility than any MMA fighter could possibly fathom.

Of course...too bad that's not what the thread is about. It's not a poll to see who does more for our country...you're off in the weeds holmes... :lol

The thread is about exactly how bad the Seal would get smoked by the "UFC fighter"... :ihit

NorCal510
04-17-2008, 06:07 PM
hahahhahaahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahhaahahhaahaha hhaa
http://i29.tinypic.com/k00w3r.jpg

burnnnn

CommanderMcBragg
04-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Of course...too bad that's not what the thread is about. It's not a poll to see who does more for our country...you're off in the weeds holmes... :lol

The thread is about exactly how bad the Seal would get smoked by the "UFC fighter"... :ihit

Smoked!? As is smoking his pole!? Keep you sexual fantasies to yourself!! :cuss Your arguments are lame and if you knew anything at all about Navy SEALS you'd understand but you are clearly living in the MMA/UFC fantasy world. You may be able to pull the wool over Joe Rogan's eyes, but not mine.

CommanderMcBragg
04-17-2008, 06:48 PM
The poll stats speak for themselves. The majority of us know.

LEONARD
04-17-2008, 07:35 PM
:lol Good one...pole smoking...wow...

The majority don't know anything about the level of skill of a top level mma fighter actually...and they have some unrealistic

Please explain to me how the fight would go? how would the Seal win? What would he do?

He wouldn't be able to land a strike...wouldn't be able to get a takedown...he's going to eat punches, kicks, knees...then get thrown, beat up, choked, armbar'd, etc...

BigBeezie
04-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Depends on the UFC fighter and the Navy Seal.

Who really cares about Navy Seals, though? Marine Corps recon is where the true fighting machines are. They go to USMC sniper school, Army ranger school, Navy Seal school, etc, etc. They are the best of the best. Okay, okay...I just wanted to spread the word.

LEONARD
04-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Depends on the UFC fighter and the Navy Seal.

Who really cares about Navy Seals, though? Marine Corps recon is where the true fighting machines are. They go to USMC sniper school, Army ranger school, Navy Seal school, etc, etc. They are the best of the best. Okay, okay...I just wanted to spread the word.

Good point...new topic...

Fight to the Death - Marine Corps Recon vs UFC Fighter? Who wins?

Evan
04-18-2008, 01:13 PM
:D:danceclub