PDA

View Full Version : Rockets at Nuggets Game Thread

Girasuck
04-13-2008, 09:08 AM
For 1 night only I'm a Nuggets fan. We need you to win tonight Denver...don't screw this up for us.

Matchman
04-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Wait, dont the Jazz wanna play the Rockets? if we lose u guys will play the Suns first round?

Girasuck
04-13-2008, 09:30 AM
We want home court in the first round, therefore we need the Nuggets to beat the Rockets tonight and then we'll beat the Rockets tomorrow night. That will give all 3 teams (Rockets, Suns, Jazz) 27 losses. We'd own the tie-breaker against both the Rockets and Suns.

Of course none of this will matter if we can't win our last game of the season in SA but at least we still have a shot at HC in the first round. We just need the Thuggets to do their job tonight.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-13-2008, 09:47 AM
:lol Jazz fans and Nuggets fans uniting....... i guess there is a first time for everything.

Just like i will be a Suns fan tomorrow night.

Nuggets SHOULD own the Rockets but if they dont bring their A game then the Rockets will blow them out.

Girasuck
04-13-2008, 09:50 AM
:lol Jazz fans and Nuggets fans uniting....... i guess there is a first time for everything.

Too bad we can't bring our crowd to Denver to help you guys out :)

balli
04-13-2008, 09:50 AM
We just need the Thuggets to do their job tonight.

The Nuggets? Living up to expectations? :lol :lol :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-13-2008, 09:51 AM
:lol true......

DaDakota
04-13-2008, 10:10 AM
I watched that game last night and came away unimpressed by the Nuggets....they just don't seem to work well together....

Their defense is possibly the worst I have ever seen...Ronnie Brewer for another dunk was the theme last night...

I don't think Denver wins tonight, I think Houston handles a tired Denver team rather easily...

Because Houston plays Defense...just ask Phoenix.

DD

Matchman
04-13-2008, 10:57 AM
If we play hard, win against the Thuggets for the Warriors and somehow get the #1, Golden State might come back and kick our asses in the first round...

Indazone
04-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Golden State would not kick our asses in the first round.

We are not the Dallas Mavericks :lol

Amarelooms
04-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Golden State would not kick our asses in the first round.

We are not the Dallas Mavericks :lol

Pretty sure GS beats the Rockets in a 7 game series..they are more atheletic than the rockets and without Yao yall have no post presence :elephant

Indazone
04-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Pretty sure GS beats the Rockets in a 7 game series..they are more atheletic than the rockets and without Yao yall have no post presence :elephant

but Don Nelson doesn't have proprietary information on us :lmao:

DaDakota
04-13-2008, 12:02 PM
but Don Nelson doesn't have proprietary information on us :lmao:

Or a post presence either.

DD

Indazone
04-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Get ready Nugs, we are going to roll tonight!

Matchman
04-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Battier not gonna play tonight

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 08:02 PM
i actually want the Rockets to win this

Spurs/Jazz 1st rd w/HC is what we need

Allanon
04-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Go Nuggets! Lakers are depending on you.

Oh and you Nugz need this game badly too :D

Indazone
04-13-2008, 08:42 PM
damn I thought they only played this ugly a game in college. 24-18 Nuggets lead

Indazone
04-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Rockets are getting stimied by this Nuggets defense. This could be ugly.

Allanon
04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Rockets are getting stimied by this Nuggets defense. This could be ugly.

Did you just say "Nuggets Defense" Whoa....never thought I'd hear that this year.

Nuggz are shooting extremely well right now too.

GuerillaBlack
04-13-2008, 09:01 PM
These refs suck big time. Rockets turning it over doesn't help either, but damn.

some_user86
04-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Go Rockets. We want Utah.

GuerillaBlack
04-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Rockets just don't care. That, and they are short players and the refs wants Denver to win. Look at all of these fouls they are getting. How do Alston AND Brooks have three fouls each? How does McGrady have four fouls? Landry has two and Scola has two or three I think, too.

boutons_
04-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Rox shooting 31%, getting stomped.

so it looks like Rox and Spurs to be tied at 54-26.

Indazone
04-13-2008, 09:17 PM
I can't watch this anymore. I'm out. Hopefully we will still draw the Utah Jazz when this is over.

Phil Hellmuth
04-13-2008, 09:17 PM
smith picked a great time to start playing well this season.

Allanon
04-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Looks like both the Rockets and Nuggets are gift-wrapping the #1 seed to the Lakers.

Maybe the Rockets don't want that #1 seed...they would have to play Nuggets or Warriors in Round 1.

I thought this would be a big game for the Rockets since they own the Laker tie-breaker. I haven't seen the Rockets play this poorly in weeks.

Matchman
04-13-2008, 09:22 PM
without Battier, B-Jax, and McGrady with 4 fouls, theres no way we can come back with this team. Sorry Golden State, we tried. (I hope the Rockets prove me wrong tho)

GuerillaBlack
04-13-2008, 09:23 PM
I can't watch this anymore. I'm out. Hopefully we will still draw the Utah Jazz when this is over.
So you quit just like that?

I'm almost there. I'll give them the third quarter and see.

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 09:32 PM
What happened to Battier?

some_user86
04-13-2008, 09:34 PM
It seems we're destined to play the Suns.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2008, 09:43 PM
What happened to Battier?

bruised foot

DazedAndConfused
04-13-2008, 09:48 PM
This game just shows that the Rockets are complete pretenders. Too small, can't manufacture easy points, too perimeter oriented. Out in the 1st round.

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 10:01 PM
So if the Nuggets win tonight, does that mean they've clinched the 8th spot?

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
This game just shows that the Rockets are complete pretenders. Too small, can't manufacture easy points, too perimeter oriented. Out in the 1st round.

Well, I don't think anyone really thought they were contenders without Yao...I think they were just more amazed at how well they were able to still play without him. People put them out of the playoffs alltogether once Yao went down and they had a chance to get the 1st spot with about 2 games left. That's still pretty impressive.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2008, 10:04 PM
So if the Nuggets win tonight, does that mean they've clinched the 8th spot?

Nope.

They will be one game ahead of the warriors in the win column, but do own the tiebreak should both teams finish with the same record.

DazedAndConfused
04-13-2008, 10:06 PM
If the Nuggets lose to MEM and the Warriors win out the Warriors get the 8th seed.

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Gonna be tough to lose to the Grizz. Though it's the Nuggets so anything is possible.

JR Smith is playing out of his mind right now. He's knocking down 3 point shots left and right, with hands in his face, fading away, on the fast break, etc.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-13-2008, 10:12 PM
wow the Nuggets amaze me. I think they are done and then they show up and play their hearts out with their back to the wall

They did i vs GSW and now the Rockets.

AI owned - 33/7/7/4 with 5minutes left
Melo stunk up the place
JR was hot and provided a great spark off the bench

Tmac got owned and thats whats important :smokin

Now the Suns just need to take care of the Warriors :clap

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-13-2008, 10:17 PM
will be so nice if the dubs miss the playoffs. Cant stand Sjax and Bdiddy. Serves the warriors club right for advertising playoff tickets a month or so ago lol

boutons_
04-13-2008, 10:17 PM
"destined to play the Suns."

We're tied with Rox at 26L after the Nuggs W.

Then the Jazz beat the Rockets tomorrow night, and beat Spurs on Wed night.

Rox and Spurs end with 27L.

Does that move the Spurs back to 3rd + Suns?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2008, 10:22 PM
"destined to play the Suns."

We're tied with Rox at 26L after the Nuggs W.

Then the Jazz beat the Rockets tomorrow night, and beat Spurs on Wed night.

Rox and Spurs end with 27L.

Does that move the Spurs back to 3rd + Suns?

Yup, since the Spurs and Rockets are in the same division and split their head to head meetings, the Spurs own the tiebreaker by virtue of a better division record.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-13-2008, 10:22 PM
awesome D by the Nuggets

DaDakota
04-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Horrible game tonight the team just didn't care. I hate it when they mail it in, and rest players like Battier and BJax that would be playing if the game was more important.

So much for the top seed......

DD

Indazone
04-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Horrible game tonight the team just didn't care. I hate it when they mail it in, and rest players like Battier and BJax that would be playing if the game was more important.

So much for the top seed......

DD

Ya know, I don't think that Adleman and the players wanted the top seed. Rested Battier and BJax so that says it all there. Battier could have played I think and so could have Jackson. T-Mac looked listless and so did Alston. Rookies played hard though.

BonnerDynasty
04-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Fuck you Rockets.

:pctoss

GuerillaBlack
04-14-2008, 06:23 AM
Do you honestly believe the Rockets were trying hard this game? Both of our PG's had three fouls by the second quarter. McGrady had four with 2:30 left to go in the half. Scola and Landry both had two by that time, too, and Chuck Hayes had a few. They weren't trying for anything, and are content on playing Utah in the first round.

DazedAndConfused
04-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Then you will be content with another 1st round exit I guess. Like I said before....too small, can't manufacture easy buckets, and little interior scoring. History is not on your side.

ElNono
04-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Do you honestly believe the Rockets were trying hard this game? Both of our PG's had three fouls by the second quarter. McGrady had four with 2:30 left to go in the half. Scola and Landry both had two by that time, too, and Chuck Hayes had a few. They weren't trying for anything, and are content on playing Utah in the first round.

If you're not trying hard to win this game, might as well sit down TMac and don't expose him to an injury. So either Adelman is an idiot, or your team got their ass kicked last night. My guess is the second one is correct.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-14-2008, 10:24 AM
yeh no doubt. Tmac was trying. He and his teammates just got flat out owned by a team that is usually inept on the defensive end.

DaDakota
04-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Tmac and Rafer were simply bombing away from the outside, and were not all that interested in playing defense.

The team gave up like 47 fast break points, which is the most it has given up all year by about 20...they just didn't care.

They were too busy celebrating their win against Phoenix.....

As for the Nuggets, they won, good for them, but they are not even close to a threat to beat anyone in the playoffs.

The only way they score is to run, and that gets shut off come playoff time....

They don't fit together as a team, IMHO.

DD

DazedAndConfused
04-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Tmac and Rafer were simply bombing away from the outside, and were not all that interested in playing defense.

The team gave up like 47 fast break points, which is the most it has given up all year by about 20...they just didn't care.

They were too busy celebrating their win against Phoenix.....

As for the Nuggets, they won, good for them, but they are not even close to a threat to beat anyone in the playoffs.

The only way they score is to run, and that gets shut off come playoff time....

They don't fit together as a team, IMHO.

DD

And neither are the Rockets

DaDakota
04-14-2008, 01:43 PM
And neither are the Rockets

If you read my posts, you would know I agree with that....without Yao we are pretenders for sure.

DD

The Franchise
04-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Until your ho ass Lakers win something this year please try to be quiet. You may not make it past the first round.

GuerillaBlack
04-14-2008, 03:38 PM
T-Mac played 30 minutes in the game. The Rockets were already without Battier and Bobby Jackson. If you just watched the game, you can tell there was zero motivation from the Rockets to win it.