PDA

View Full Version : co-MVPs??

Tippecanoe
04-13-2008, 10:22 AM
With such a tight race for MVP this season, do you think its possible that we get two co-MVPs?? And if so, who do you think should win it?

I have a really hard time choosing between KB24 and CP3. I think both of them should win it.

TampaDude
04-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Whoever finishes at #1 in the West will get it...

duncan228
04-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Have there ever been co-MVP's in the regular season?
I know it's happened for the All Star game, but I don't see it for the regular season. Did I miss something?

Allanon
04-13-2008, 10:45 AM
It's practically impossible to have co-MVPs since it's voted in. CP3 and Kobe would require the exact # of points spread through rank #1-5 AND among a few hundred voters.

It's statistically impossible.

JamStone
04-13-2008, 10:49 AM
I don't think it's a matter of which team gets the #1 seed. Team records will end up too close, maybe identical. Lakers would have the tie breaker, but if both end up 57-25, I don't think Kobe will get it simply because Lakers finish #1.

It's up for grabs. I think more voters will lean towards Kobe for a variety of reasons. I don't think co-MVPs is a realistic possibility.

duncan228
04-13-2008, 10:49 AM
It's statistically impossible.

That explains why I didn't find it happening before.

balli
04-13-2008, 10:53 AM
In my mind Paul's not even in the discussion. Kobe or Garnett are IMO, the only two who deserve consideration. I'd vote Kobe. MVPs play defense, they don't just steal the ball.

JamStone
04-13-2008, 11:14 AM
MVPs play defense, they don't just steal the ball.

Oh ok, I wasn't sure. That explains the previous three MVPs.

remingtonbo2001
04-13-2008, 08:42 PM

:lmao

manufor3
04-13-2008, 09:06 PM
I don't think it's a matter of which team gets the #1 seed. Team records will end up too close, maybe identical. Lakers would have the tie breaker, but if both end up 57-25, I don't think Kobe will get it simply because Lakers finish #1.

It's up for grabs. I think more voters will lean towards Kobe for a variety of reasons. I don't think co-MVPs is a realistic possibility.
nice post

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm pretty sure the recent 3 game losing streak of the Hornets and the Lakers subsequently beating the Hornets and Spurs this weekend pretty much sealed the deal on a Kobe MVP trophy.

It's hard to decide who deserves it more though. I personally am leaning towards Chris Paul, simply because he has single handedly given the Hornets a team identity, a playing style, and he makes his teammates better.

But watching Kobe today against the Spurs, it's amazing to see the turnaround in him too. He wasn't forcing the issue and jacking up shots left and right like he used to. Now his passing is almost just as dangerous as his shot. And he's definitely instilled confidence in some of the young players on that team.

Medvedenko
04-13-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm pretty sure the recent 3 game losing streak of the Hornets and the Lakers subsequently beating the Hornets and Spurs this weekend pretty much sealed the deal on a Kobe MVP trophy.

It's hard to decide who deserves it more though. I personally am leaning towards Chris Paul, simply because he has single handedly given the Hornets a team identity, a playing style, and he makes his teammates better.

But watching Kobe today against the Spurs, it's amazing to see the turnaround in him too. He wasn't forcing the issue and jacking up shots left and right like he used to. Now his passing is almost just as dangerous as his shot. And he's definitely instilled confidence in some of the young players on that team.

He hasn't done this the last 2 season save for a few stretches when we were crazy depleted. He's been playing this way for a while now. Nothing new to laker fans. Oh, and I thought the NO vs LA was a lock on who was going away with the hardware...I guess since LA won it's still not a lock for Kobe. Please........bunch of flip floppers.

balli
04-13-2008, 10:57 PM

Sorry. I forget that I'm smarter than most of the MVP voters. Let me rephrase it: MVP's should have to play defense. They shouldn't have to just steal the ball.

21_Blessings
04-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Kobe is the MVP. He deserves it. More so than Paul. People are just making up excuses so they don't have to give one of the most hated athletes of all time the MVP.

21_Blessings
04-14-2008, 06:14 AM
It's hard to decide who deserves it more though. I personally am leaning towards Chris Paul,

[QUOTE=Medvedenko]
simply because he has single handedly given the Hornets a team identity, a playing style, and he makes his teammates better.

And Kobe does all of those things just as well while playing better defense.

He hasn't done this the last 2 season save for a few stretches when we were crazy depleted. He's been playing this way for a while now.

Haha. Yeah right. You just forgot that Smush Parker and Kwame Brown were starting for the past two seasons.

SlovenianGuy
04-14-2008, 07:09 AM
It's such a tight race between Paul, Garnett and Kobe that Nash might get his third MVP title.

:smokin

SAGambler
04-14-2008, 08:34 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, I think Kobe deserves it over James, Paul and Garnett.

Now whether he actually gets it or not, that is another question.