PDA

View Full Version : I guess the story was true.

T Park
04-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Jersey unearthed (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3344825)

:lol

K-State Spur
04-13-2008, 02:20 PM
i don't know what's worse. that somebody cared enough to bury a jersey. or that it mattered enough that they took out jackhammers to dig it back up. i'm going with the latter.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2008, 03:20 PM
That's classic.

i don't know what's worse. that somebody cared enough to bury a jersey. or that it mattered enough that they took out jackhammers to dig it back up. i'm going with the latter.

You obviously never played baseball. Easily the most superstitious sport out there.

T Park
04-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Wade Boggs ate fried chicken before every game he played his whole career or something like that.

Baseball people are, VERY superstitious.

Shoot watch Bull Durham

"You don't fuck with a winning streak" :lol

K-State Spur
04-13-2008, 09:59 PM
That's classic.

You obviously never played baseball. Easily the most superstitious sport out there.

Yeah, I played baseball. But I didn't jump over the foul line or have a Nomar routine with my batting gloves.

a) just because the game is historically superstitious doesn't make those superstitions any less stupid.

b) the superstitions typically end with the players and fans and don't extend to people making decisions on where to jackhammer.

Obstructed_View
04-14-2008, 03:19 PM
What's funny is that they are contemplating civil action against the Sox fan. I'd pay to see them try to justify that one to a judge. They spent 50 thousand dollars jackhammering up a bunch of concrete because there was a shirt somewhere down there. :lmao

Spurminator
04-14-2008, 05:31 PM
What's funny is that they are contemplating civil action against the Sox fan. I'd pay to see them try to justify that one to a judge. They spent 50 thousand dollars jackhammering up a bunch of concrete because there was a shirt somewhere down there. :lmao

Boy that would be great PR for the Yankees, wouldn't it? A friggin lawsuit? Beautiful.

Obstructed_View
04-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Boy that would be great PR for the Yankees, wouldn't it? A friggin lawsuit? Beautiful.
Considering Hank Steinbrenner's track record in his short tenure, it's par for the course.