PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'll be damned!

Yonivore
01-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Remember all those stories about the Bush spending spree and the huge deficit crisis it was creating? Well, that deficit is now shrinking rapidly. And, while you're not likely to find out about this from the legacy media (Rather, et. al.), Lawrence Kudlow has the story in the Washington Times (http://www.washingtontimes.com/commentary/lkudlow.htm).

Kudlow points out that since the end of last September, tax collections have grown at 10.5 percent, while federal cash outlays have risen only 6.1 percent. At this rate, the 2005 deficit would drop to $355 billion from $413 in 2004. As a fraction of projected gross domestic product the deficit would fall to 2.9 percent from last year's 3.6 percent.

It appears, then, that the Bush deficits were product of the recession he inhertied and the slowdown caused by 9/11. Similarly, it appears that the Bush tax cuts, by stimulating the economy, has produced an explosion in tax revenues that is causing the deficit to narrow significantly. Wow! Tax cuts leading to revenue growth -- now, just where have I heard that before? But, again, don't expect to hear this from the old media.

In a sense, it isn't news that tax cuts have led to growth, which has produced revenue, which has shrunk the deficit. This is how it always seems to work. Still, it would be nice if the lying bastards in the old media would briefly acknowledged the recurrence of this phenomenon before, once again, shifting the target in their unrelenting bashing of Bush economics -- probably the trade deficit and the decline of the dollar.

JoeChalupa
01-17-2005, 11:03 AM
We are all damned! Don't blame me, I didn't vote for Bush.

Yonivore
01-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Sober up and then respond, Joe.

Hook Dem
01-17-2005, 11:05 AM
We don't blame you for the way you are Joe! You can't help it! :lol

JoeChalupa
01-17-2005, 11:08 AM
I am sober, perhaps the next four years will sober you up Yonivore.

And when YOU sober up, please come out already and admit you are a right-wing nut and the libertarian you pretend to be.

Come on man! You can do it!!

I posted my results that show I'm a left-wing nut. Do the same bro!