PDA

View Full Version : Glad the front office didn't make any effort to get younger last summer

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2008, 04:26 PM
It wasn't any fun being champs anyway.

This team just looks tired and old. But that's what happens when you've got eleven players over the age of 30.

And someone needs to point out to them that Duncan ain't getting any younger...

itzsoweezee
04-13-2008, 04:36 PM
who needs offense? not the spurs!

i guess the front office doesn't realize that defense requires athleticism too.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 04:37 PM
but they FO will always be looked at geniuses because they drafted TD, oh what a steal there

T Park
04-13-2008, 04:37 PM
What younger players were available?

itzsoweezee
04-13-2008, 04:41 PM
you have the rights to the best player in europe and you get NOTHING out of it. awesome job!

T Park
04-13-2008, 04:44 PM
you have the rights to the best player in europe and you get NOTHING out of it. awesome job!

ah yes, lets beat that invisible horse into the ground some more.

SequSpur
04-13-2008, 04:44 PM
wtf? you really thought the spurs would win without ginobili in LA? this was a pure tank game.. the spurs win the next two and everything is fine...wgaf anyway....

davi78239
04-13-2008, 04:45 PM
and the way things are going they won't win the next two

Cant_Be_Faded
04-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Age is no excuse for missing open jumpers, playing without heart, and completely collapsing in the 2nd half for the 123213th time in a row versus a Western Conference Playoff Team.

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 04:46 PM
You know what's funny? People think the Spurs offense is bad, it's not a coincidence. If people notice, the offense every game the past month or so has suffered in the SECOND HALF. This is due to older players who get a little more tired as the game goes on. It's no coincidence the Spurs are short on so many of their shots in the 2nd half.

And even when the score was tied at 53 in the first half, who the heck didn't see this kind of meltdown coming from the Spurs in the 2nd half? It's become so predictable that the Spurs are going to struggle offensively in the 2nd half of games against good teams, that I can't remember the last time it DIDN'T happen....and no the Houston game really doesn't count as they were without Yao.

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Age is no excuse for missing open jumpers, playing without heart, and completely collapsing in the 2nd half for the 123213th time in a row versus a Western Conference Playoff Team.

That is age though. They're short on virtually every shot. Old legs don't always have the same lift as the game goes on, that's why they're clanking so many shots off the front of the rim.

T Park
04-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Im still waiting for that list of young players they passed over....

J.T.
04-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah that lineup of Vaughn, Stoudamire, Oberto, Udoka and Bowen to start the 4th was a great way to chip into a 12 point deficit. Pop's coaching and personnel decisions has been absolute shit against WC playoff teams. I never thought I would say that Brent Barry is the difference between title and no title but he's the one guy that can give us a decent boost off the bench other than Manu.

Spurs need to get their act together fast.

ShoogarBear
04-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah that lineup of Vaughn, Stoudamire, Oberto, Udoka and Bowen to start the 4th was a great way to chip into a 12 point deficit. Pop's coaching and personnel decisions has been absolute shit against WC playoff teams. That kind of lineup to start the fourth par for the course these days.

J.T.
04-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Can we the league do a realignment and get us in the East before the playoffs start?

yavozerb
04-13-2008, 04:57 PM
The spurs have been the oldest team for years and you same people complained about the same problems then and were the first to buy their champioship shirts!! Do I think they are look old? Yes, but only against the best teams in the NBA(imagine that). The spurs rely on depth and this year seems the worst that I can remember in sometime.

T Park
04-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Yeah that lineup of Vaughn, Stoudamire, Oberto, Udoka and Bowen to start the 4th was a great way to chip into a 12 point deficit. Pop's coaching and personnel decisions has been absolute shit against WC playoff teams. I never thought I would say that Brent Barry is the difference between title and no title but he's the one guy that can give us a decent boost off the bench other than Manu.

Spurs need to get their act together fast.

Just curious,

who else is supposed to play :lol

Theres only 12 guys

T Park
04-13-2008, 05:03 PM
:lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Im still waiting for that list of young players they passed over....

Typical lame comeback from you.

You know what? That's their job to figure out. None of us saw Kurt Thomas for Barry and Elson coming, so it's ignorant to assume the Spurs couldn't have found some younger players out there to bring in.

That, or find someone competent for drafting domestic talent. They made their bed with the whole draft a bunch of Euros and wait to see if one pans out in a couple of years draft strategy, the problem is other teams have caught up there, and now we can't draft domestic talent worth shit to replenish the pipeline.

Everyone said this team needed to get younger after winning the title last year, even the forum cheerleaders like you. Well now that problem is coming home to roost.

Manu's spent (and now injured), Tim Duncan is showing off a vertical on par with Will Perdue, and our AARP role players are getting beat to the loose balls every night.

But don't let the facts get in the way. You can hang around, wait for us to get smoked in the playoffs, and wait for Pop and the Excuse for News to designate the problem child/blame for our postseason failure.

It'll probably be Stoudemire or Thomas more than likely, they're the new guys on the block, or they will run some story about how we just couldn't overcome the loss of Brent Barry or some stupid shit like that that you lap up and say 'wait til' next year'.

Sequ - this is a general thread, I'm not commenting because we lost to LA today, I expected that. It's how we lost. This team is hosed because it's older, slower, and won't be able to rely on corporate knowledge to get it past all the firepower in the west this year.

adidas11
04-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Pop is admits he isn't talented. It's time everybody wake up an smell the BULLSHIT. He has had phenomenal Players. Who couldn't contend with Tim and David? Who couldn't contend with Manu, Tony and Tim?

His offensive schemes are down right pathetic.

The "coaching" moves are amateurish.

How many has he lost with small ball?

Third quarter doesn't even TRY to put Matt Bonner in...Content with small ball and -presto- no rebounds....

Ok I understand wanting to bring back Finley MAYBE Horry..but not both..come on Bring some young guys in..and guys that aren't 2 to three inches shorter than the NBA norm for that position....

I'd like to have somebody argue that this ISN'T the WEAKEST SPURS TEAM IN 10 YEARS..

infarct I'd put the TIMLESS defending 99champions Spurs team to BEAT THE LIVING HELL out of this Motley Crue

When you as a Head Coach, GM, and OWNER parade the kind of "last leg" NBA players out their like they have

Robert Horry
Damon Stoudimire
Kurt Thomas
Brent Berry
Bobby Jones

Then OWN IT...
End EVERYBODY in this FORUM should be SCREAMING that they OWN IT

When you have a loosing record against winning teams...your suck

When you have a loosing record against teams in the playoffs you suck and probably aren't gonna get out of the first round..

When you GIVE away players like Socla

You suck

When you can't develop young players

You suck

When you let players go to other team and those players then play BETTER...

You SUck

Coaching Gming, Owning....means not winning with Hall of FAME players but constantly developing and find ROLE Payers...When you so obviously stop doing those things...

You SUck..

FUCK YOU POP!!!!

:lol

T Park
04-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Typical lame comeback from you.

You know what? That's their job to figure out

Could say the same for you.

J_Paco
04-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Anyone that doesn't acknowledge that this team is extremely old and in need of some changes, thankfully two will becoming in the forms of Ian & Tiago, is a blind "homer." This team has been embarassed 5 times against top-caliber teams and gave up a 22-point lead to the best team in the league, yet some would have you believe that there are no problems.

The front-office hung onto the excuse that they didn't want to prematurely break-up a championship group. But, they should've brought in younger players to supplement the four players that matter the most.

They'll be retaining at least a few of the current players, but they've gotta go after younger shooters like James Jones this off-season.

Agloco
04-13-2008, 05:40 PM
wtf? you really thought the spurs would win without ginobili in LA? this was a pure tank game.. the spurs win the next two and everything is fine...wgaf anyway....

Sequ.......

:lol :lol :lol

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 05:45 PM
People think that if Ginobili played the Spurs would have won today's game? I'm not so sure about that. The score would have been more respectable probably, but when Duncan goes 5-15 and Parker disapears in the 2nd half and Vaughn reverts back to his overdribbling self and Bowen is missing wide open 3 pointers, there's only so much Ginobili can do...

Harry Callahan
04-13-2008, 05:53 PM
The FO got flak for changing the roster in prior years.
The FO gets flak for not changing the roster this year.
The only way they can win is to win the whole thing now that a lot of you are so used to that outcome.

The roster will get younger next year, but that will do no good this year. I can't remember so many 20 point losses in a season. It's not looking good unless EVERYONE outside of Horry (who does not look good for coming around by the playoffs) gets well quickly. Sigh!

ploto
04-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Watching Detroit's bench today- of young, athletic guys- was impressive.

If you want some alternatives- how about better use of the pick in the last draft and not giving up the first round pick in the upcoming draft.

J_Paco
04-13-2008, 06:01 PM
The FO got flak for changing the roster in prior years.
The FO gets flak for not changing the roster this year.
The only way they can win is to win the whole thing now that a lot of you are so used to that outcome.

The roster will get younger next year, but that will do no good this year. I can't remember so many 20 point losses in a season. It's not looking good unless EVERYONE outside of Horry (who does not look good for coming around by the playoffs) gets well quickly. Sigh!

No, I hate when they lose in the post-season, but I'm fair from unhappy as long as the give maximum effort. And, I'm afraid this season could end as badly as 2001 and 2002 with how this team has performed most of this season.

I'm really hopeful that I'm wrong and that they somehow turn things around before it's too late.

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 06:02 PM

If you want some alternatives- how about better use of the pick in the last draft and not giving up the first round pick in the upcoming draft.

:tu That's an excellent point you made. Detroit is a prime example of a team able to get young, athletic guys around their core players.

SenorSpur
04-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Anyone that doesn't acknowledge that this team is extremely old and in need of some changes, thankfully two will becoming in the forms of Ian & Tiago, is a blind "homer." This team has been embarassed 5 times against top-caliber teams and gave up a 22-point lead to the best team in the league, yet some would have you believe that there are no problems.

The front-office hung onto the excuse that they didn't want to prematurely break-up a championship group. But, they should've brought in younger players to supplement the four players that matter the most.

They'll be retaining at least a few of the current players, but they've gotta go after younger shooters like James Jones this off-season.

:toast

The 2nd half collapses from this team have been a hallmark throughout this season. Yet people keep saying "we're fine and we'll be OK once the playoffs start". Bullshit! Frankly, I'm tired of seeing this team getting continously overwhelmed by the sheer talent and athleticism of the opposition. This team is not just losing games to the top competition in the West, they are getting their "doors blown completely off". It's a very disturbing thing to watch.

I couldn't care less if they had won or lost to the Fakers, I just wanted to see them play well, play smart and be competitive for the entire 48 minutes. This win over the Sonics notwithstanding, this team looks tired, old, and confused. With each blowout loss, it's more and more obvious that the complement of players surrounding the big three isn't good enough or consistent enough to withstand the talent overload in this newly competitive Western Conference.

As sweet as it is in winning an NBA championship, the accomplishment will often cause a "dulling of the senses" and a "sense of denial" in how management evaluates their team in the offseason (see Pat Riley's offseason moves following the Miami Heat's 2006 Championship). The FO is totally culpable for not recognizing and addressing the deficiencies on this team over this past offseason. They played the "old guy card" one year too many. Now they will have no choice but to address it this summer.

SenorSpur
04-13-2008, 06:07 PM

Agreed and I've stated this before. Joe Dumars' Pistons looked about as awful against the Cleveland Cavaliers in last season's EC Finals. He realized he had a depleted bench of non-contributors or guys that were past their prime. He addressed it via the draft and free agency. Now he's got a young, developing, energetic second team of players that give their starters both the rest and energy boost needed.

J_Paco
04-13-2008, 06:07 PM
:tu That's an excellent point you made. Detroit is a prime example of a team able to get young, athletic guys around their core players.

Yeah, but that was after two successive playoff failures. This team hasn't gone through that since 2000-2002, and when they did, they responded by bringing in young, more athletic talent (S. Jackson, Ginobili and Claxton). Hopefully, they'll bring in both Ian and Tiego, while also using their draft picks (they traded next years 1st) and free-agency to get younger back-court help.

Loose Cannon
04-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Pop is admits he isn't talented. It's time everybody wake up an smell the BULLSHIT. He has had phenomenal Players. Who couldn't contend with Tim and David? Who couldn't contend with Manu, Tony and Tim?

His offensive schemes are down right pathetic.

The "coaching" moves are amateurish.

How many has he lost with small ball?

Third quarter doesn't even TRY to put Matt Bonner in...Content with small ball and -presto- no rebounds....

Ok I understand wanting to bring back Finley MAYBE Horry..but not both..come on Bring some young guys in..and guys that aren't 2 to three inches shorter than the NBA norm for that position....

I'd like to have somebody argue that this ISN'T the WEAKEST SPURS TEAM IN 10 YEARS..

infarct I'd put the TIMLESS defending 99champions Spurs team to BEAT THE LIVING HELL out of this Motley Crue

When you as a Head Coach, GM, and OWNER parade the kind of "last leg" NBA players out their like they have

Robert Horry
Damon Stoudimire
Kurt Thomas
Brent Berry
Bobby Jones

Then OWN IT...
End EVERYBODY in this FORUM should be SCREAMING that they OWN IT

When you have a loosing record against winning teams...your suck

When you have a loosing record against teams in the playoffs you suck and probably aren't gonna get out of the first round..

When you GIVE away players like Socla

You suck

When you can't develop young players

You suck

When you let players go to other team and those players then play BETTER...

You SUck

Coaching Gming, Owning....means not winning with Hall of FAME players but constantly developing and find ROLE Payers...When you so obviously stop doing those things...

You SUck..

FUCK YOU POP!!!!

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6366/duncenw7.gif

SenorSpur
04-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Yeah, but that was after two successive playoff failures. This team hasn't gone through that since 2000-2002, and when they did, they responded by bringing in young, more athletic talent (S. Jackson, Ginobili and Claxton). Hopefully, they'll bring in both Ian and Tiego, while also using their draft picks (they traded next years 1st) and free-agency to get younger back-court help.

Good point. I'm excited about the propsect of two new, younger post players coming next year (Ian & Tiago). However, it's that wing position (a position where many of the league's better athlete's reside) where the Spurs need to address.

J_Paco
04-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Good point. I'm excited about the propsect of two new, younger post players coming next year (Ian & Tiago). However, it's that wing position (a position where many of the league's better athlete's reside) where the Spurs need to address.

There are a couple of solid guys that'll be available including Pietrus, Barnes, James Jones, Ron Artest and I believe Josh Childress. Getting one of those guys or someone of comparable talent, drafting a comptent back-up point guard (can shot the 3 & defend) and a swing-man to develop through the D-League should be the team's goals no matter what.

BonnerDynasty
04-13-2008, 06:29 PM
I don't think the "old" factor will play any role this year in the PO. Well, I HOPE it doesn't.

They have 3-4 months that will DEFINE THEIR LEGACY. That's all. Out of the rest of their lives. That's nothing.

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 06:30 PM
No one is even mentioning the 51-36 edge in rebounding the Lakers had? :depressed

T Park
04-13-2008, 06:32 PM
No one is even mentioning the 51-36 edge in rebounding the Lakers had? :depressed

Oberto and Thomas not playing with Duncan ALOT, and no Horry had something to do with that.

Just throwing that out there.

Loose Cannon
04-13-2008, 06:32 PM

Scola would have had 20 rebounds and if we had a better coach and power forward that would count for 10 more. We should have had 97 rebounds.

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Oberto and Thomas not playing with Duncan ALOT, and no Horry had something to do with that.

Hmm, maybe if either of them could manage to stay out of foul trouble.

Oh and Thomas played 20 minutes and grabbed 2 rebounds. Just throwing that out there...

:rolleyes

Bruno
04-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Great, another armchair GM bitching thread. ;)

J_Paco
04-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Great, another armchair GM bitching thread. ;)

I don't see how you believe people are bitching. The front-office didn't do enough to help out Timmy, Tony, Manu and Bruce this off-season. Hopefully, they'll make up for that error this off-season and the team can somehow figure out a why to win it all this season.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Could say the same for you.

So you think all our ancient role players are doing a good job and clearly what we need to repeat this year?

I just want to be clear on where you stand.

T Park
04-13-2008, 06:52 PM

Oh and Thomas played 20 minutes and grabbed 2 rebounds. Just throwing that out there...

That could've helped.

Don't get the rolling of the eyes though.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Spurs did not try to tank this game

that's the scary part

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2008, 06:53 PM

Damn, if only 104 year old Robert Horry could have played 40 minutes today, maybe we could have kept it under 20.

T Park
04-13-2008, 06:56 PM
So you think all our ancient role players are doing a good job and clearly what we need to repeat this year?

I just want to be clear on where you stand.

I like Udoka, I like Oberto, i like Finley.

I didn't see anyone this summer available, FA, draft, whatever, that was better than what we had.

Should we have brought in Scola? Looking back on it, sure, but they didn't.

Scola, Mahinmi, and a first rounder are coming in this summer and thats how I look at it.

Do they have enough to win this year? Yes.
It all depends on how hard they want it.

MannyIsGod
I always though Horry coming back for another season was a bad thing. I wanted him to retire. Other than that, its not like they had a lot of avenues to get younger in a hurry. They have Splitter and Mahimi which I believe are good starts, but its not easy to pull out youth in favor of guys who have proven themselves.

While they didn't get younger they did make a good move to pickup Udoka. The thing is, that if your main MVP player lays an egg like Duncan did today then you can kiss rings goodbye whether you get younger or not. There are a lot of issues with this team and its honestly not nearly as strong as it has been in years past, but there is only so much to be done. You must have some sort of off years in order to start the rebuilding process because after a championship year its very difficult to blow things up and start a brand new squad.

Obviously, there are a lot of players on this team on their last legs, but I do think things would be different with a healthy team as well. Not so much with Horry, but definitely with Barry.

They don't look good right now and they definitely don't look like a top team in the West as of late. Hope that they get on a roll in the first round. The good news is that it won't take much to get this team on a roll and they definitely have the ability to beat anyone in the league in a 7 game series should they put it all together.

Just hope for the best in the first round right now because thats all you can do.

T Park
Damn, if only 104 year old Robert Horry could have played 40 minutes today, maybe we could have kept it under 20.

Horry would've helped at times.

T Park
04-13-2008, 06:57 PM
I always though Horry coming back for another season was a bad thing. I wanted him to retire. Other than that, its not like they had a lot of avenues to get younger in a hurry. They have Splitter and Mahimi which I believe are good starts, but its not easy to pull out youth in favor of guys who have proven themselves.

While they didn't get younger they did make a good move to pickup Udoka. The thing is, that if your main MVP player lays an egg like Duncan did today then you can kiss rings goodbye whether you get younger or not. There are a lot of issues with this team and its honestly not nearly as strong as it has been in years past, but there is only so much to be done. You must have some sort of off years in order to start the rebuilding process because after a championship year its very difficult to blow things up and start a brand new squad.

Obviously, there are a lot of players on this team on their last legs, but I do think things would be different with a healthy team as well. Not so much with Horry, but definitely with Barry.

They don't look good right now and they definitely don't look like a top team in the West as of late. Hope that they get on a roll in the first round. The good news is that it won't take much to get this team on a roll and they definitely have the ability to beat anyone in the league in a 7 game series should they put it all together.

Just hope for the best in the first round right now because thats all you can do.

Best post I've seen all day and pretty much sums up how I feel.

Great post Manny :tu

florige
04-13-2008, 07:26 PM
who needs offense? not the spurs!

i guess the front office doesn't realize that defense requires athleticism too.

Now you guys get to see how it feels to be a Baltimore Ravens fan year in and year out. Awesome defense, but a suck ass offense...

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Now you guys get to see how it feels to be a Baltimore Ravens fan year in and year out. Awesome defense, but a suck ass offense...

Apples and Oranges.

Indazone
04-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Just leave Horry at home and bring up Ian.

rascal
04-13-2008, 08:28 PM

Thomas is just too slow to the ball. Unless the ball falls in his hands he isn't going to go and get it. Too many people here tought Thomas was going to be a major contributor and were ready to annoit the spurs champions after they got him. His play doesn't surprise me at all.

He is no better than a limited role player towards the down side of his career and to expect much more was just blind homerism..

diego
04-13-2008, 09:31 PM
pop prefers savy over athletic, and i dont think its a bad strategy. problem is athletic beats injured handily. these PO's will be rough, but we still have what it takes, and i trust that playing the big 3 an extra 5-6 minutes will help a lot.

ducks
04-13-2008, 10:03 PM

This team just looks tired and old. But that's what happens when you've got eleven players over the age of 30.

where was this thread at the beginning of the season?

ducks
04-13-2008, 10:04 PM

you look old when you lose you are they experienced team that win
when you win it all
they are not that much older then last year

ducks
04-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I don't see how you believe people are bitching. The front-office didn't do enough to help out Timmy, Tony, Manu and Bruce this off-season. Hopefully, they'll make up for that error this off-season and the team can somehow figure out a why to win it all this season.
this front office has given duncan alot more help then david robinson

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2008, 10:56 PM
where was this thread at the beginning of the season?

I made one earlier in the season, search is disabled so I started a new one.

Sue me.

ducks
04-13-2008, 11:37 PM
I made one earlier in the season, search is disabled so I started a new one.

Sue me.
you are broke why should I sue you

Allanon
04-13-2008, 11:55 PM
We all know the Spurs need to get a bit younger but they also need some more size.

Fabricio, Tim Duncan, Bonner, KT are all the size of Lamar Odom. Watching the game today, it was like munchkins trying to guard giants. Size wouldn't matter so much if they had quickness but none of those guys can even keep up with a 7'1 Pau.

Jacque Vaughn guarding 6'8" Luke Walton?
Finley 6'6 guarding 6'10 Odom?
Ime 6'5 guarding 6'10 Odom?
Sasha Vujacic 6'7 posting up 6'1 JV?
Pau 7'1 guarding 6'10 Duncan

All this led to either a foul, offensive rebound or a double-team with Fisher wide open for a 3 ball.

The only size advantage the Spurs have is Bowen guarding Kobe.

Other teams that will give Spurs size problems:
Hornets with 7' Tyson Chandler, 6'9 David West and a 6'10 Peja as small forward.
Suns with 7'2 Shaq and 6'10 Amare, 6'9 Diaw
Jazz with 6'11 Okur, 6'9 Boozer, 6'9 Kirelenko, 6'3 thug size guard DWill

Spurs gotta give up this small ball experiment and get back to Twin Towers mode...size and agility.

Princess Pimp
04-14-2008, 12:21 AM
Hey they got VSpan :lol

rascal
04-16-2008, 08:43 AM
We all know the Spurs need to get a bit younger but they also need some more size.

Fabricio, Tim Duncan, Bonner, KT are all the size of Lamar Odom. Watching the game today, it was like munchkins trying to guard giants. Size wouldn't matter so much if they had quickness but none of those guys can even keep up with a 7'1 Pau.

Jacque Vaughn guarding 6'8" Luke Walton?
Finley 6'6 guarding 6'10 Odom?
Ime 6'5 guarding 6'10 Odom?
Sasha Vujacic 6'7 posting up 6'1 JV?
Pau 7'1 guarding 6'10 Duncan

All this led to either a foul, offensive rebound or a double-team with Fisher wide open for a 3 ball.

The only size advantage the Spurs have is Bowen guarding Kobe.

Other teams that will give Spurs size problems:
Hornets with 7' Tyson Chandler, 6'9 David West and a 6'10 Peja as small forward.
Suns with 7'2 Shaq and 6'10 Amare, 6'9 Diaw
Jazz with 6'11 Okur, 6'9 Boozer, 6'9 Kirelenko, 6'3 thug size guard DWill

Spurs gotta give up this small ball experiment and get back to Twin Towers mode...size and agility.

Good post. It you don't have size you better have quickness. The spurs have neither against some of the top teams in the west.

Mark in Austin
04-16-2008, 09:48 AM
the only choice I can fault the front office for is giving Bonner Scola's contract.

Capt Bringdown
04-16-2008, 10:16 AM
the only choice I can fault the front office for is giving Bonner Scola's contract.
Big, big, big fault. Considering how well Scola's fit in and how badly Bonner has failed.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2008, 10:22 AM
This is the Spurs Team we have. They deserve and demand your respect.
Go Spurs Go!!!

bdictjames
04-16-2008, 12:22 PM
So Kurt Thomas isn't the best second big man we had since David Robinson?