PDA

View Full Version : It is pivotal we tank and go for the #4 seed...

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2008, 04:44 PM
...because playing PHX in round 1, even with HCA, is gonna get us a first round exit with this squad.

whottt
04-13-2008, 05:06 PM
...because playing PHX in round 1, even with HCA, is gonna get us a first round exit with this squad.

If the Rockets pass us we won't have the fourth seed.

The top 4 seeds are the divsion winners and the top Wildcard.

davi78239
04-13-2008, 05:08 PM
if we still have a better record than Utah and are 5th, don't we still have HCA? How does it work.

Spurs Dynasty 21
Spurs are #5 now, they MUST stay there AND have better record then the JAzz

spursfan09
I do not think they Spurs have to tank. They are doing a good job of losing by themselves.

Rynospursfan
04-13-2008, 05:12 PM
If we are the 5 seed and have a better record than the 4 seed (Jazz) then we will have HCA.

T Park
04-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Sorry, they probobly win tommarow night, and wednesday night.

atxrocker
04-13-2008, 05:19 PM
they probobly win wednesday night.

with their recent play, how did you come to this conclusion?

adidas11
04-13-2008, 05:20 PM
In the SECOND ROUND buddy..The Fourth seed..gets home court advantage in the first round over the Fifth...otherwise why "seed"?

Dude give it up...the Team has win out...

get the THird seed

And STILL they could get bounced out of first round...

That is incorrect. If the 5th seed has a better record than the 4th seed, then the 5th seed will have HCA. (as it stands right now, Spurs would have HCA over Utah in the first round)

TampaDude
04-13-2008, 05:22 PM
CIA Pop setting up a matchup with Utah...he knows the #1 seed is unreachable.

sa_kid20
04-13-2008, 05:23 PM
In the SECOND ROUND buddy..The Fourth seed..gets home court advantage in the first round over the Fifth...otherwise why "seed"?
Not if the 5th seed still has a better record than the 4th. You know like last year when Houston was 5 and Utah was 4 but Houston still had HCA and lost game 7 at home. And as far as the "why seed" thing goes, it's stupid and they should just seed 1-8 straight up.

Rynospursfan
04-13-2008, 05:23 PM
That is incorrect. If the 5th seed has a better record than the 4th seed, then the 5th seed will have HCA. (as it stands right now, Spurs would have HCA over Utah in the first round)

Yeah buddy.

sa_kid20
04-13-2008, 05:26 PM
CIA Pop setting up a matchup with Utah...he knows the #1 seed is unreachable.
Damn I really getting tired of this fucking CIA Pop BS. I guess if you need to tell youself that after everytime we lose to feel better go ahead, but it's really getting fucking annoying.

clubalien
04-13-2008, 05:26 PM
if a team has to rig their seedings they don't deserve to win

Lets just beat who we play :elephant :hungry:

duncan228
04-13-2008, 05:27 PM
http://www.nba.com/features/seedingprimer07.html

The top four seeds will be the three division winners plus the team with the next best record. Those four will be ordered by record (and tiebreakers if needed), so it's possible that two teams in the same division could hold the top two spots, with the other two division winners at Nos. 3 and 4.

Seeds 5 through 8 are the next four teams according to record (and tiebreakers if needed).

First Round matchups are as follows:
1 vs. 8
4 vs. 5
2 vs. 7
3 vs. 6

Conference Semifinals matchups are as follows:
1-8 Winner vs. 4-5 Winner
2-7 Winner vs. 3-6 Winner

Homecourt advantage for any series is determined by record, not seed. So, it's possible that the 5 seed could have homecourt advantage over the 4, or that the 6 seed could have homecourt advantage over the 3.

Tiebreakers
(1) Head-to-head
(2) Division record (if the teams are in the same division)
(3) Conference record
(4) Record vs. Playoff teams, own conference
(5) Record vs. Playoff teams, other conference
(6) Net points, all games

Obstructed_View
04-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Three nationally televised second half meltdowns resulting in blowouts and not one use of the word "soft".

duncan228
04-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Three nationally televised second half meltdowns resulting in blowouts and not one use of the word "soft".

Check the game blogs. Soft is there.

TampaDude
04-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Spurs are soft.

There, I said it.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Wait, this is amazing!

I just wanted to avoid Phoenix in the first round. I'm all for playing Utah in rd 1!!

sa_kid20
04-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Wait, this is amazing!

I just wanted to avoid Phoenix in the first round. I'm all for playing Utah in rd 1!!
I'm all for Manu coming back 100% and not giving a shit who we play in the 1st round.

TampaDude
04-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Wait, this is amazing!

+1 This loss may actually help the Spurs win a title...CIA Pop at work! :toast

Agloco
04-13-2008, 05:36 PM

Dude give it up...the Team has win out...

get the THird seed

And STILL they could get bounced out of first round...

Dead wrong BUDDY........

Seeding doesn't count where HCA is considered. If the 5 has a better record than the four they get HCA no matter what.

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Wait, this is amazing!

The Utah team that just beat the Spurs by 20 points?

If the Spurs want to win a championship this season, they're going to have to go against teams like Pheonix and LA to get there. Whether it's in the 1st round or the conference finals. That's why I do agree with Pop that seeding doesn't really matter this season since there's really no clear cut favorite out West.

However, the Spurs recent play against some of the top teams in the West; Hornets, Jazz, Suns, and Lakers (All beat the Spurs by 15+ points) is more worrisome to me than what seed the Spurs fall to. I don't even know if the Spurs can get out of the 1st round in the West this year with the way they've been playing.

duncan228
04-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Seeding doesn't count where HCA is considered. If the 5 has a better redocrd than the four they get HCA no matter what round.

Correct. From NBA.com:

http://www.nba.com/features/seedingprimer07.html

Homecourt advantage for any series is determined by record, not seed. So, it's possible that the 5 seed could have homecourt advantage over the 4, or that the 6 seed could have homecourt advantage over the 3.

roycrikside
04-13-2008, 05:41 PM
the magic number for HCA against Utah is two. We gotta win our next game and hope Utah loses theirs. Otherwise we have to beat Utah at home on Wednesday. Pop can't rest people and take that game lightly.

sa_kid20
04-13-2008, 05:43 PM
the magic number for HCA against Utah is two. We gotta win our next game and hope Utah loses theirs. Otherwise we have to beat Utah at home on Wednesday. Pop can't rest people and take that game lightly.
Yeah looks like this thing might not be decided till the last game of the year and who knows if Manu will even play.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Yeah looks like this thing might not be decided till the last game of the year and who knows if Manu will even play.

The thing is Manu IS healthy enough to play (could've played today actually) but I'm hoping Pop at the very least is willing to get HCA through ONE of the rounds of the playoffs

roycrikside
04-13-2008, 05:48 PM
They have to win these last two games. I don't want them to lose home court against Utah or down the line potentially, Phoenix. If Manu was healthy enough to play today then that means he should be ready to go tomorrow against Sac.

And yes, we absolutely need him to win up there. They're tough at home. The Kings are probably good enough to be a playoff team in the East, even with all the injuries they've had.

Pop needs to pull out all the stops these next two games. Play Manu and give Brent and Horry some run too. None of this "seeds don't matter" B.S. I don't like our chances without home court against Utah or Phoenix.

Budkin
04-13-2008, 06:11 PM
We've got to win our last two to make this happen.... come on guys.

Loose Cannon
04-13-2008, 06:14 PM
It's pivotal that you kill yourself.

Indazone
04-13-2008, 06:16 PM
I predict a first round matchup with the Spurs and the Suns.

T Park
04-13-2008, 06:16 PM
The thing is Manu IS healthy enough to play (could've played today actually) but I'm hoping Pop at the very least is willing to get HCA through ONE of the rounds of the playoffs

I wouldn't be shocked if Manu plays wednesday to keep home court.

The Spurs have a tradition of playing the team they are gonna face in the first round the last game of the year.