PDA

View Full Version : Td, Not The Same...

BIG z
04-13-2008, 06:14 PM
That mean's he has been bothered this whole season, he is just not the same, i remember that old Tim, when ever we needed two easy points the spurs would go down to him and he would autuomatic, now when they give him the ball, its a 40-60 chance he makes it... He does'nt jump anymore; mainly because he is just scared that he might step on someone's foot and twist an ankle. He misses such easy shots man, dunk the fucking ball, you have long arms, and you are a seven footer. Every time he faces up someone, and tries to go around them, it looks like he is running in slow motion...may be he thinks he going really fast...

Kobayagi
04-13-2008, 06:16 PM
It's called getting old and it eventually happens to everyone.

Loose Cannon
04-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks for sharing, you fucking idiot.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks for sharing, you fucking idiot.

i was just making sure, cuz some of you are in denial....fucking asswipe...

Harry Callahan
04-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Part of it is he is not getting the same aount of respect from the officials where he got lots of foul shots in prior seasons. It's a fact. Some of those tough shots with body contact are being allowed.

The revenge of Joey C.

Tim is having another fine season. The team has a hole is not providing as much support to Tim,Gino and TP. A few more losses have resulted.

Ginobili has played some of the best ball of his career this year and Tony has gotten healthier. Tim has been pretty steady.

The rot has come with the role players. Some of them are done and reinforcements are needed.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 06:20 PM
LMAO @ getting old being the excuse

he's not slowing down, playing worse D or can't get rbs, he's, missing fucking layups

it's in his head

Loose Cannon
04-13-2008, 06:21 PM
i was just making sure, cuz some of you are in denial....fucking asswipe...

You're right. I'm in denial that the best big man ever to play the game and has one of the highest PERs in the league might still have some game.

After all, he doesn't really try in the regular season. All those championships might make you get a little lethargic during the 6 month grind of the regular season. I'd sure love to trade Timmy and his 4 rings for a guy like Garnett who has never won a title and thus feels the need to play 110% every night. Fuck! Imagine where we'd be if we had him!!! Maybe we can make a trade. I mean, fuck, how long has it been since he won a title? 8 months?

Shut the fuck up, donkey. Jesus Christ.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 06:22 PM

he's not slowing down, playing worse D or can't get rbs, he's, missing fucking layups

it's in his head

What else, is it, why doesn't he jump, dont say he is saving his jumping for the playoffs....

SpurAddict561
04-13-2008, 06:23 PM

it's in his head

I find it hard to believe there's anything "in the head" of any player that's already won 4 championships other than getting the 5th...

Think about what you just said..

You made Timmy sound like a low self esteem fat girl that wants to be a prom queen.."it's in his head"

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 06:24 PM
I find it hard to believe there's anything "in the head" of any player that's already won 4 championships other than getting the 5th...

You made Timmy sound like a low self esteem fat girl that wants to be a prom queen..

I've never seen Duncan whine more in the past few months then I have ever seen him

but I believe come playoff time, no one will stop him

BIG z
04-13-2008, 06:25 PM
You're right. I'm in denial that the best big man ever to play the game and has one of the highest PERs in the league might still have some game.

After all, he doesn't really try in the regular season. All those championships might make you get a little lethargic during the 6 month grind of the regular season. I'd sure love to trade Timmy and his 4 rings for a guy like Garnett who has never won a title and thus feels the need to play 110% every night. Fuck! Imagine where we'd be if we had him!!! Maybe we can make a trade. I mean, fuck, how long has it been since he won a title? 8 months?

Shut the fuck up, donkey. Jesus Christ.

I imagine where, we would be if we didn't have Manu for this season, Timmy is no THE MAN, anymore, he doesn'nt have that slick release he use to have, hopefuly its just a phase.... :depressed

Loose Cannon
04-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Timmy is no THE MAN

Oh. Damn. Well I guess that settles it.

Idiot.

T Park
04-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Z do the world a favor.

Swallow that bottle of oxycontin.

J_Paco
04-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Part of it is he is not getting the same aount of respect from the officials where he got lots of foul shots in prior seasons. It's a fact. Some of those tough shots with body contact are being allowed.

The revenge of Joey C.

Tim is having another fine season. The team has a hole is not providing as much support to Gino and TP. A few more losses have resulted.

I actually agree with both your and Spurs Dynasty's takes. He's definitely bringing whatever he can, but I think the lack of calls is getting in his head and frustrating him. He isn't putting up shots looking for contact like in the past, the refs just are showing him proper "superstar" respect. Look at that obvious Kobe goaltend that ignited L.A. in the third quarter as evidence.

I actually saw indications of the refs letting guys manhandle Timmy in the post last year, but he was alot more calm and even-keeled about it then.

BIG z
I've never seen Duncan whine more in the past few months then I have ever seen him

but I believe come playoff time, no one will stop him

He started to lose it when Tp took over the finals last year, and he was given no credit....everyone was prasing Tp the whole time...

Harry Callahan

You made Timmy sound like a low self esteem fat girl that wants to be a prom queen.."it's in his head"

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

The last time I heard the "Tim isn't right in the head" stuff was from the ABC nimrods during the 2005 NBA finals against Detroit. I thought all that stuff was put to rest.

You need more than three productive bodies out there on the floor.

Loose Cannon
04-13-2008, 06:29 PM
He started to lose it when Tp took over the finals last year, and he was given no credit....everyone was prasing Tp the whole time...

Yeah. That's it. The greatest big man ever to play the sport of basketball has an inferiority complex to an above average point guard who had a good series against an inferior team. You must be a psychology major. Thanks for the insight Socrates. Seriously, just shut the fuck up.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Z do the world a favor.

Swallow that bottle of oxycontin.

Do yourself a favor, drink poison, and end that agony you call life.... u would love this forum, if all it did was praising the spurs...

J_Paco
04-13-2008, 06:30 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Please, every athlete in the world goes through both mental and phsyical slumps. Anyone should be capable of realizing that, no matter how many championships that player has won.

T Park
04-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Do yourself a favor, drink poison, and end that agony you call life.... u would love this forum, if all it did was praising the spurs...

My life is not agony, its quite nice thank you.

Im the one in the good mood, your the one that acts like an emo bitch.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah. That's it. The greatest big man ever to play the sport of basketball has an inferiority complex to an above average point guard who had a good series against an inferior team. You must be a psychology major. Thanks for the insight Socrates. Seriously, just shut the fuck up.

Since you said that i was a psychology major, please starting getting over the fact "He is the best big men ever", we all know that dumb fuck, its now that counts....

BonnerDynasty
TD will be there. He's Tim Fucking Duncan. C'mon.

He's Tim Duncan!

BIG z
My life is not agony, its quite nice thank you.

Im the one in the good mood, your the one that acts like an emo bitch.

You are in a good mood, let me take all that i said back, i appologize....

T Park
04-13-2008, 06:33 PM
TD will be there. He's Tim Fucking Duncan. C'mon.

He's Tim Duncan!

Turns it up a notch every year.

I have 100% full confidence in Tim Duncan.

Loose Cannon
04-13-2008, 06:33 PM
"He is the best big men ever"

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6366/duncenw7.gif

Loose Cannon
04-13-2008, 06:34 PM
He's Tim Fucking Duncan.

Yep.

This really should be the end of this stupid ass thread.

It won't be though, because two personality flaws that go hand in hand are a) stupidity and b) the desire to publicly humiliate yourself on the internet

T Park
04-13-2008, 06:35 PM
You are in a good mood, let me take all that i said back, i appologize....

Read a book, go out with buddies, have a beer (or soda if your underage)

Its a game, its made for entertainment, don't let it affect your mood, seriously :)

BonnerDynasty
04-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Turns it up a notch every year.

I have 100% full confidence in Tim Duncan.

That's the only thing that puzzles me. We all know he will turn it up in the playoffs, always does, he's Tim Duncan.

But why not turn the switch on 5 games early? This is a big reason I believe in the CIA POP TANK conspiracy theory.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Read a book, go out with buddies, have a beer (or soda if your underage)

Its a game, its made for entertainment, don't let it affect your mood, seriously :)

Did you have a soda???

word
No brother, TD doesn't have any HELP right now. It can't be just all Tim all the time. Anyone is easy to guard when he's all you have and that is particularly true when Ginobili is on the bench and Finley is having a tough time hitting the rim.

It's not TD, it's the whole team. If they don't start making their shots outside it just puts all the pressure on TD and when he shoots, there is no one to rebound.

T Park
No I've had a Vitamin Water.

Like I said, games stopped affecting my moods back in 05. So today didn't bother me at all.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Joey Crawford, he has been really quiet this year, when ever he has done spurs game, he has given us alot of calls, i think he has a long term goal on his mind. He is doing the best officiating he can in the regular season, if somehow the spurs do make it to teh finals, and NBA usually gives the best refs during the reg season to officiate the finals, that when he will Revenge the BEST PF EVER....ANYONE DIAGREE?

BIG z
04-13-2008, 06:41 PM
No I've had a Vitamin Water.

Like I said, games stopped affecting my moods back in 05. So today didn't bother me at all.

never tried that, how is it?? is it just like gatorade..

word
04-13-2008, 06:42 PM
The Spurs aren't going to get any love from the refs this year. That's my guess.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 06:48 PM
The Spurs aren't going to get any love from the refs this year. That's my guess.

I agree...

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 06:52 PM

c/s

they are sick and tired of Duncan complaining so much, no when he does get hacked he doesn't get the call

BIG z
04-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Every one on the spurs need to shut up, just dont say anything to them....let them do their job, the refs might give us some call when they see that spurs dont criticize them all the time. I have never heard about pop criticizing a ref after a game in press confrence...

J_Paco
04-13-2008, 06:57 PM
c/s

they are sick and tired of Duncan complaining so much, no when he does get hacked he doesn't get the call

What difference does his complaining make? He's been doing it for awhile now, and prior to this season it never mattered. It's got something to do with his problem with Crawford from last season, IMO.

Have you ever seen Kobe or Iverson play with their constant complaining and bickering for calls? Every big-time player in the league complains like Timmy.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:01 PM
What difference does his complaining make? He's been doing it for awhile now, and prior to this season it never mattered. It's got something to do with his problem with Crawford from last season, IMO.

Have you ever seen Kobe or Iverson play with their constant complaining and bickering for calls? Every big-time player in the league complains like Timmy.

he really cries alot....

BonnerDynasty
04-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Every one on the spurs need to shut up, just dont say anything to them....let them do their job, the refs might give us some call when they see that spurs dont criticize them all the time. I have never heard about pop criticizing a ref after a game in press confrence...

I agree. Game before last, Bowen STOPPED defending his man to turn to the ref and throw up his arms while the game was still in play. His man got an open jumper. What the fuck is that?

Just stfu and play for once.

Hey Tim, you're not going to get the call so try and make the damn basket. The harder you try, not just trying to draw a foul, you might actually draw the foul!?!?!?

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:05 PM
I agree. Game before last, Bowen STOPPED defending his man to turn to the ref and throw up his arms while the game was still in play. His man got an open jumper. What the fuck is that?

Just stfu and play for once.

Hey Tim, you're not going to get the call so try and make the damn basket. The harder you try, not just trying to draw a foul, you might actually draw the foul!?!?!?

They tried the quiet thing and they got less and less calls.

So what good does it do to play the sportsmanship card?

J_Paco
04-13-2008, 07:05 PM
he really cries alot....

Again, have you ever seen Kobe Bryant or Allen Iverson play? Shit, this was one of the few games that I didn't see Kobe bitching and complaining about not getting calls. Every big-time player complains and works the refs for calls, we just notice with Timmy more cause he's on the Spurs.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:06 PM
ITS JOEY'S REVENGE, simple as that, funny thing, he's not doing it when he refs our game, its the others...

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Again, have you ever seen Kobe Bryant or Allen Iverson play? Shit, this was one of the few games that I didn't see Kobe bitching and complaining about not getting calls. Every big-time player complains and works the refs for calls, we just notice with Timmy more cause he's on the Spurs.

Again, he does cry alot....

J_Paco
04-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Again, he does cry alot....

Dude, go look at some other teams play like Denver, Detriot, Los Angeles and Phoenix and you'll realize one common thing amonst all of them. Their best players (sans Chauncey Billups) all "cry" for the whistle to go their way. Players always believe they've been fouled when they miss, otherwise how else could they explain that their not 100% from the field.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Dude, go look at some other teams play like Denver, Detriot, Los Angeles and Phoenix and you'll realize one common thing amonst all of them. Their best players (sans Chauncey Billups) all "cry" for the whistle to go their way. Players always believe they've been fouled when they miss, otherwise how else could they explain that their not 100% from the field.

I agree, but then agian he does cry everytime he goes up to shoot the ball...

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:14 PM

K, what do calls have to do with missing easy shots, come on.....

Don Quixote
04-13-2008, 07:17 PM
I generally agree.

Tim's been the Ultimate Spur and has had a great career, but he is in decline as a player. He is no longer a superstar.

J_Paco
04-13-2008, 07:18 PM
K, what do calls have to do with missing easy shots, come on.....

Why did you need to double-post?

He believes that, like every other superstar, his shot was altered by his opponent bumping him or hitting his arm. Thus, causing him to miss easy "gimme" buckets. Fuck, I can't read the man's mind. I will acknowledge that he complains often, but no more than any other superstar in the league.

Sigz
04-13-2008, 07:21 PM
I generally agree.

Tim's been the Ultimate Spur and has had a great career, but he is in decline as a player. He is no longer a superstar.

I wouldn't say he is no longer a superstar.

He may not receive the seasons MVP ever again, but he'll always be a star in the NBA.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Why did you need to double-post?

He believes that, like every other superstar, his shot was altered by his opponent bumping him or hitting his arm. Thus, causing him to miss easy "gimme" buckets. Fuck, I can't read the man's mind. I will acknowledge that he complains often, but no more than any other superstar in the league.

does it bother you? i am not talking about the shots he gets fouled on, it the fucking easy shots he misses, where he should be dunking the fucking ball....

vander
04-13-2008, 07:28 PM
yeah, he seems to just be playing passively and missing some easy shots, he'll rev it into high gear come playoff time, he's been learning a thing or two from Horry.

I hope :(

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:30 PM
yeah, he seems to just be playing passively and missing some easy shots, he'll rev it into high gear come playoff time, he's been learning a thing or two from Horry.

I hope :(

:lol

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:31 PM
I generally agree.

Oh give me a fucking break.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh give me a fucking break.

i will give you one...

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:33 PM
I generally agree.

i would'nt go that far, these people will kill you....or ban you....

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:36 PM
BigZ,

seriously STFU.

BIG z
BigZ,

seriously STFU.

What did i do, i was just being honest....

Don Quixote
i would'nt go that far, these people will kill you....or ban you....

They might! :lol

I'm serious, though. I love Tim. He has gotten us to 4 rings and, somehow, into contention for a 5th. He is the Spurs, IMO.

But there was one superstar on the court today, and he was playing for L.A.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:38 PM
They might! :lol

I'm serious, though. I love Tim. He has gotten us to 4 rings and, somehow, into contention for a 5th. He is the Spurs, IMO.

But there was one superstar on the court today, and he was playing for L.A.

Well Timmy is still a 20, 10 guy on a good night, but i agree, the real superstar was playing for L.A. today... key words bolded....

Sigz
04-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Just wait for the Superstar to come out in the playoffs...

It seems to happen every damn year doesn't it?

He finishes up the regular season, gets his head shaved, and comes on strong when it matters.

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:44 PM

He finishes up the regular season, gets his head shaved, and comes on strong when it matters.

Like clockwork.

BIG z

what if he doesn't shave his head this year...

duncan228

:)

As long as he's not hurt I believe he will this year too, no matter how off he seems now.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:46 PM
:)

As long as he's not hurt I believe he will this year too, no matter how off he seems now.

yes mam...

21_Blessings
04-13-2008, 07:53 PM
TD got dominated "The Spaniard" today.

Stick a fork in them. The Spurs are done.

barbacoataco
04-13-2008, 07:54 PM
That is the key point- "As long as he's not hurt." When Duncan hasn't been there in the past, it was because of injury. That Plantar fasciatis in 2006 had him playing a couple notches lower. But is he injured now? Or, is he saving himself for the playoffs? Or did he get old over night?(which sometimes happens with athletes.)

I still believe in the Spurs until someone beats them 4 times in a playoff series.

manufor3
04-13-2008, 07:55 PM
you ARE NOT a spurs fan big z

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:58 PM

why do you say that...

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:01 PM

i am a huge spurs fan, its just that i am not a HOMMER, like most of you are....

Don Quixote
04-13-2008, 08:03 PM
TD got dominated "The Spaniard" today.

Stick a fork in them. The Spurs are done.

Not yet. Give em about a week and a half, when the first round is over.

Then they'll be plump and juicy.

T Park
04-13-2008, 08:07 PM
eh,
i changed my mind, no comment.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:09 PM
eh,
i changed my mind, no comment.

why???? I look forward to your comments...

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 08:11 PM
If Duncan doesn't come outy of this slump when the playoffs hit, this his decline has officially arrived

because he's as healthy as he's ever been so that excuse won't work

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:13 PM
If Duncan doesn't come outy of this slump when the playoffs hit, this his decline has officially arrived

because he's as healthy as he's ever been so that excuse won't work

I guess, you could look at it that way...

manufor3
04-13-2008, 08:14 PM
i am a huge spurs fan, its just that i am not a HOMMER, like most of you are....
You're threads are always doubting the spurs. ya we got a huge spurs fan here in big z!

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:17 PM
You're threads are always doubting the spurs. ya we got a huge spurs fan here in big z!

its cuz most people are praising them all the time, and all of them are Hommers, so i have to step up and get bashed....

manufor3
04-13-2008, 08:18 PM
whatever

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:18 PM
whatever

:reading

DazedAndConfused
04-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Looks to me like he's saving his legs and energy for the playoffs. I've seen plenty of games where Duncan has straight dominated this season, not so much as of late which would indicate he is saving himself for the playoff run.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Looks to me like he's saving his legs and energy for the playoffs. I've seen plenty of games where Duncan has straight dominated this season, not so much as of late which would indicate he is saving himself for the playoff run.

i hate it when people say, "he is saving himself for the playoffs".

SenorSpur
04-13-2008, 08:29 PM
I actually agree with both your and Spurs Dynasty's takes. He's definitely bringing whatever he can, but I think the lack of calls is getting in his head and frustrating him. He isn't putting up shots looking for contact like in the past, the refs just are showing him proper "superstar" respect. Look at that obvious Kobe goaltend that ignited L.A. in the third quarter as evidence.

I actually saw indications of the refs letting guys manhandle Timmy in the post last year, but he was alot more calm and even-keeled about it then.

Tim is still a superstar and, as such, he will garner a certain amount of respect from officials. He simply needs to play ball and stop looking for a whistle every fucking possession. Let Pop work the officials.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Tim is still a superstar and, as such, he will garner a certain amount of respect from officials. He simply needs to play ball and stop looking for a whistle every fucking possession. Let Pop work the officials.

See the problem is that, he does not stop....

SenorSpur
04-13-2008, 08:32 PM
See the problem is that, he does not stop....

Tim "cries wolf" too damn much and on practically every play. Because of his constant whining, it undermines those times when there is an actual missed call by an official.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Tim "cries wolf" too damn much and on practically every play. Because of his constant whining, it undermines those times when there is an actual missed call by an official.

Tell J PACO that, cuz he does not agree..

greyforest
04-13-2008, 08:47 PM

why do you hate that

thats what is happening

its not worth it to 100% throttle on a regular season game because going 100% means injuries.

hey, that's a thought, does anyone have any statistics about the frequency of injuries during playoffs vs the regular season? i bet average injuries per game of playoffs is like 2x that of regular season

himat
04-13-2008, 08:58 PM
He does not get the ball enough. Whenever he would set a screen and roll to the basket Tony Parker tried being good by driving it inside (he either turned it over or luckily made a basket on these shots.)

Did anyone else see this today? I saw it every other play.

TDMVPDPOY
04-13-2008, 08:59 PM
TD= second coming of big z

FUCK this he better step up his game in the playoffs or else that extention looks like vbookie money down the drain for spurs FO.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-13-2008, 09:27 PM
But it's true.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 10:33 PM
He does not get the ball enough. Whenever he would set a screen and roll to the basket Tony Parker tried being good by driving it inside (he either turned it over or luckily made a basket on these shots.)

Did anyone else see this today? I saw it every other play.

yep, he was wide open most of the time...

bigfundamental21
04-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Never doubt Duncan. He will come through when we need him.

As for the missed shots and struggles of late, it is all mental. He has to let things go and he is such a competitor that he does frustrates himself sometimes. The only thing that can stop Tim Duncan is Tim Duncan.

BELIEVE

BonnerDynasty
04-14-2008, 06:57 PM
why do you hate that

thats what is happening

its not worth it to 100% throttle on a regular season game because going 100% means injuries.

It also could have meant getting #1 (Spurs pissed away multiple opportunities) and playing Denver isntead of PHX the first round.