PDA

View Full Version : Pop: "I'm very concerned about Robert,"

Spurs Brazil
04-13-2008, 06:45 PM
"I'm very concerned about Robert," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said before the game. "I don't know when we're going to get him back. The knee's really bothering him."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280413013

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 06:47 PM
:depressed Well, I'd much rather have Barry back at this point. Though I don't know what shape either of them would be coming back in anyways.

T Park
04-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah hes done.

Spurs Brazil
04-13-2008, 06:59 PM
I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we'll see Rob playing this season :(

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Either Pop is CIAing hard core, or Robert getting a bruise in his knee signals he either A doesn't wanna play, or B, is just done.

Im hoping its CIA.

BonnerDynasty
04-13-2008, 07:00 PM
I've already come to grips a couple weeks ago that Horry is done. Not even a thought anymore.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Either Pop is CIAing hard core, or Robert getting a bruise in his knee signals he either A doesn't wanna play, or B, is just done.

Im hoping its CIA.

time for you to step out of you little fantasies you dumb bitch, there is no CIA work going on here

he's done

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:03 PM
time for you to step out of you little fantasies you dumb bitch, there is no CIA work going on here

he's done

:lmao @ you calling someone dumb

duncan228
04-13-2008, 07:06 PM
I think Horry stayed on this year thinking he could help push for the repeat in some way. It's too bad he got hurt and it's a shame if that's how his career ends.
It would have been sweeter to see him retire last year with the seventh.

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:08 PM
He was actually playing pretty decent to good before he got hurt.

1Parker1
04-13-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm sure Horry is going to try and make some sort of comeback at least. He knows this is his last season and he wants another ring. Now whether or not his body lets him stay on the court is another issue.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Bring in IAN....he's the best other option we got....

boutons_
04-13-2008, 07:13 PM
yep, Robert was showing a lot initiative and hustle before he got banged up.

He was tuning up for ring #8, repeat #4.

DespЏrado
04-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Maybe Rob can bring some Willis Reed style action for the last few games of our first repeat in a best case scenario. But I expect that Rob maybe done...which sucks for him, and the Spurs.

I hope to high heaven that Barry might get a game or two under his belt before the playoffs because we need him.

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:17 PM

SIGHHHHH
ARRGGGGGG

Sigz
Even if he does come back, I doubt he'd be 100%. I really wonder what he would even bring to the table.

:(

BIG z
Maybe Rob can bring some Willis Reed style action for the last few games of our first repeat in a best case scenario. But I expect that Rob maybe done...which sucks for him, and the Spurs.

I hope to high heaven that Barry might get a game or two under his belt before the playoffs because we need him.

Willis Reed was a super star....

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:19 PM
SIGHHHHH
ARRGGGGGG

Well if we dont have rob, do the spurs have any other option jackass, did you not notice today, all our big men were in foul trouble, and we only have two big men, i dont consider bonner a big man....

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Well if we dont have rob, do the spurs have any other option jackass, did you not notice today, all our big men were in foul trouble, and we only have two big men, i dont consider bonner a big man....

Well JACKASS seeing as hes 20 and fouls out regularly in the D League I'd say hes NOT an option.

Christ, I try to be civil with you ahole...

ChuckD
04-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Well JACKASS seeing as hes 20 and fouls out regularly in the D League I'd say hes NOT an option.

No you don't. You're pretty much an ahole yourself. Right now, you have Barry and Horry glued to the bench in street clothes. Manu will be back, and that rounds out your active roster, except for one slot. Do you activate Ian or keep DerMarr active?

PhxDog
Can't Horry just wear a knee brace?

It's not like he has to play well or hit shots, just check in at the beginning of garbage time and knock the other team's best player under the scorers table. How healthy does he really need to be?

BIG z

THEN WHO DO WE BRING IN IF ROBS NOT THERE, ASS WIPE....

djohn14
04-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Bonner wouldnt qualify as a big women.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Bonner wouldnt qualify as a big women.

i agree... :lol

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:34 PM
No you don't. You're pretty much an ahole yourself. Right now, you have Barry and Horry glued to the bench in street clothes. Manu will be back, and that rounds out your active roster, except for one slot. Do you activate Ian or keep DerMarr active?

You keep Demarr active.

Mahinimi, for the billionth time, is not, ready, for the NBA.

If he was, he would've been called up.

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:34 PM
THEN WHO DO WE BRING IN IF ROBS NOT THERE, ASS WIPE....

There is no one else genius.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 07:36 PM

so no one is better then Ian you're saying?

LMAO, thank god you don't run a sports

PhxDog
04-13-2008, 07:38 PM
The real answer is, if Horry can't play, Michael Finley will be the Spurs' backup PF in the playoffs this year.

C'mon, even I know this one.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:40 PM

Ian will be here and he will give us good minutes, he is not ready for the NBA, is all bullshit talk....its just that we did'nt need him and Pop wanted him to play and just not watch the spurs play....

Bruno
04-13-2008, 07:41 PM
It sucks. Horry was a big part of Spurs' last 2 titles.

Oberto, Thomas and Bonner will have to step up during the playoffs. I'm kinda disappointed by the way Pop has managed Bonner playing time. He put him deep in the doghouse and now Spurs will need him for at least a part of the playoff.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2008, 07:44 PM

Oberto, Thomas and Bonner will have to step up during the playoffs. I'm kinda disappointed by the way Pop has managed Bonner playing time. He put him deep in the doghouse and now Spurs will need him for at least a part of the playoff.

:tu

Sigz
04-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Calling up Ian would be a stupid ass idea.

I'd rather take my chances with Elson.

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Ian will be here and he will give us good minutes, he is not ready for the NBA, is all bullshit talk....its just that we did'nt need him and Pop wanted him to play and just not watch the spurs play....

huh?

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Well, Bonner was in the doghouse for a reason and plus, there was afine line between getting Rob in shape and getting him ready.

I mean. Thers only so many minutes

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Calling up Ian would be a stupid ass idea.

I'd rather take my chances with Elson.

Well, we dont have Elson, have you been living under a rock, we traded the guy, Jack a**..

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:47 PM
so no one is better then Ian you're saying?

LMAO, thank god you don't run a sports

Uh no, reading major.

What I said, there is no one else in the organization to replace Horry.

No one. Period.

Ian isn't gonna replace him, Bonner won't, period.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Uh no, reading major.

What I said, there is no one else in the organization to replace Horry.

No one. Period.

Ian isn't gonna replace him, Bonner won't, period.

Then who, we will play with two big men through out the playoffs...

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Well, we dont have Elson, have you been living under a rock, we traded the guy, Jack a**..

Look dude first off, take a step back and relax.

Second off, thats what he means. He would rather take his chances with Francisco Elson, than play Ian.

Ian doesn't have any experience playing at the highest levels, he has got to be worked in slowly. That simple.

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:49 PM

Oberto, Thomas, Udoka.

Thats the bigs.

Sorry.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Oberto, Thomas, Udoka.

Thats the bigs.

Sorry.

udoka.... :lol

Sigz
04-13-2008, 07:51 PM
You fucking fag do you honestly think I didn't know we traded Elson?

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Look dude first off, take a step back and relax.

Second off, thats what he means. He would rather take his chances with Francisco Elson, than play Ian.

Ian doesn't have any experience playing at the highest levels, he has got to be worked in slowly. That simple.

was i talking to u....

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:52 PM
You fucking fag do you honestly think I knew we didn't trade Elson?

YES... i am pretty sure you just went to www.spurs.com to look at their roster to confirm....

T Park
04-13-2008, 07:52 PM
udoka.... :lol

Unless you wanna throw Bonner out there.

picnroll
04-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Bonner sucks

Sigz
YES... i am pretty sure you just went to www.spurs.com to look at their roster to confirm....

Good one.

You get a cookie for the day.

Keep wishing for your dream boy Ian, who WILL NOT be called up.

Foul, foul, foul....

T Park
:lmao

BigZ dude, stop acting like you run the damn forum.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Bonner sucks

thanks for sharing the secret....

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:55 PM

BigZ dude, stop acting like you run the damn forum.

Believe me , i have other things to do rather then running this forum.....I am glad that you feel that way though...

BIG z
04-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Good one.

You get a cookie for the day.

Keep wishing for your dream boy Ian, who WILL NOT be called up.

Foul, foul, foul....

Where's my cookie...

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 07:58 PM
why are we worried about the bigs?

Duncan/Scola/Oberto/Thomas not good enough?

Sigz
04-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Where's my cookie...
I lied.

You don't get a cookie.

T Park
04-13-2008, 08:00 PM
I swear to god...

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:00 PM

Please man, shut the fuck up about Scola, will you, do you have a man crush on him, did you give him a blow j**, when you though he was comming here, and now you regret it, and cant let him go out of your mind...

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:02 PM
I lied.

You don't get a cookie.

I had a glass of milk ready....

barbacoataco
04-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Bonner was signed to be the backup for Horry, in case of injury. Now Horry looks like he is out/finished. The Spurs are paying the price of not giving Bonner more minutes throughout the season. Did they decide that his defense was too much of a liability? Lately Pop has been playing such SMALL lineups, like today when the Lakers were bigger at nearly every position matchup. Using Bonner more would do a lot to improve our size, and he would eventually start shooting a high percentage 3-ball.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Bonner was signed to be the backup for Horry, in case of injury. Now Horry looks like he is out/finished. The Spurs are paying the price of not giving Bonner more minutes throughout the season. Did they decide that his defense was too much of a liability? Lately Pop has been playing such SMALL lineups, like today when the Lakers were bigger at nearly every position matchup. Using Bonner more would do a lot to improve our size, and he would eventually start shooting a high percentage 3-ball.

Bonner Sucks....thats the problem...i dont remember the last time he made a three....Duncan would make more threes, if took as many as Bonner...

Sigz
04-13-2008, 08:09 PM
I had a glass of milk ready....
Well you can dump it down your vagina.

Spurs Dynasty 21
Bonner was signed to be the backup for Horry, in case of injury.

NO

he was supposed to be his replacement, Horry was supposed to be his back up, no one gives that kind of money to a back up of a back up

but he has sucked so bad that Horry played over him

picnroll
Bonner sucks. That's why Pop didn't play him.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Well you can dump it down your vagina.

No thanks, but is that what you do....

T Park
04-13-2008, 08:11 PM

He played Bonner and he was horrible.

Pop's hand was forced.

barbacoataco
04-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Then Bonner must be traded this offseason. If they aren't going to play him, even when he is needed, what is the point of paying him. Also the Spurs could possible have Mahinmi and Splitter on the roster.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Then Bonner must be traded this offseason. If they aren't going to play him, even when he is needed, what is the point of paying him. Also the Spurs could possible have Mahinmi and Splitter on the roster.

Who would want someone, who did'nt play....

barbacoataco
04-13-2008, 08:16 PM
I think there are teams that will take a 6' 11" guy who can shoot the 3-ptr, has a good attitude, and has a reasonable contract for a big man.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:17 PM
I think there are teams that will take a 6' 11" guy who can shoot the 3-ptr, has a good attitude, and has a reasonable contract for a big man.

I am pretty sure he's not 6'11, he has such small arms though.....

SenorSpur
04-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Horry earned the right to come back for this season. However, he probably should have retired after the '07 championship. Unfortunately, it's now clear that he's done.

And so, the "even year curse" continues....

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Horry earned the right to come back for this season. However, it's clear that he's done.

he has been done for a long time....

objective
04-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Spurs could find a taker for Bonner if they added in the rights to Splitter.

re: Ian

He wouldn't make a difference this season as it's too late to get him properly meshed, but if you're going down you might as well give him some experience.

That probably won't happen though.

Pop locked Stephen Jackson into the IL while Steve Smith and Terry Porter were bricking the Spurs out of the playoffs. Broken down end-of-the-line vets > promising young players when it comes to the Spurs and playing time.

MrChug
04-13-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm pretty pissed, but it will pass.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 08:35 PM

He wouldn't make a difference this season as it's too late to get him properly meshed, but if you're going down you might as well give him some experience.

Pop locked Stephen Jackson into the IL while Steve Smith and Terry Porter were bricking the Spurs out of the playoffs. Broken down end-of-the-line vets > promising young players when it comes to the Spurs and playing time.

no one will take him and that big ass contract he has, he can't even break the rotation unless it's out of desperation

T Park
04-13-2008, 08:35 PM

Stephen Jackson wasn't on the roster when Terry Porter was in town...

BIG z
04-13-2008, 08:36 PM
no one will take him and that big ass contract he has, he can't even break the rotation unless it's out of desperation

hey may be we can trade him for Scola....han, han...

ploto
04-13-2008, 08:44 PM
It was pretty obivous this was the case when we saw Bonner in the first half today.

Just expect lots of small ball.

SenorSpur
04-13-2008, 09:00 PM

The one skill that he is supposed to have is an outside shot. Lately when he's been given time, it seems as though he can't hit the backside of a barn. He hustles, but he's not a very good defender. Wiht the Spurs playing more small ball lineups. I'm not sure exactly what his role on the team is supposed to be. Maybe next year he doesn't even have a role on this team.

objective
04-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Stephen Jackson wasn't on the roster when Terry Porter was in town...

LOL

guess again

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-13-2008, 09:14 PM

Nope. We need to send Scola to the D-League and bring up Ian. :D

objective
04-13-2008, 09:14 PM
The one skill that he is supposed to have is an outside shot. Lately when he's been given time, it seems as though he can't hit the backside of a barn. He hustles, but he's not a very good defender. Wiht the Spurs playing more small ball lineups. I'm not sure exactly what his role on the team is supposed to be. Maybe next year he doesn't even have a role on this team.

Matt Bonner is a good example of the John Wooden quote:

"Never mistake activity for achievement."

He's always active and trying hard, but he doesn't often accomplish a lot while on the court.

T Park
04-13-2008, 09:27 PM
LOL

guess again

Terry Porter's last year was 2000 2001...

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Dude he's not making any sort of impact in the playoffs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-13-2008, 09:29 PM
was i talking to u....
Take it down a notch bitch.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-13-2008, 09:31 PM
He's coming next year. No way this year.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Duncan/Thomas/Oberto
I count 3.

BIG z
04-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Dude he's not making any sort of impact in the playoffs.

Who the fuck are you fucking bitch...

barbacoataco
04-13-2008, 10:38 PM
The problem with Duncan-Thomas-Oberto is that they are all slow, which means that in many matchups Pop has to go small. We need a big who can run the court and stay in front of faster opponents. (like Elson was supposed to be)

objective
04-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Terry Porter's last year was 2000 2001...

guess again

pku47
04-14-2008, 01:25 AM

so am I...

Supergirl
04-14-2008, 09:33 AM
The thing is neither Barry nor Horry needs to get acclimated or adjust when they come back. They've both been through this enough and are clutch shooters that if they're healthy enough to stand and run, they'll be there. And I predict each will have 1 game this playoffs where they play the hero, and that will be all they are needed for.

urunobili
04-14-2008, 09:44 AM
The thing is neither Barry nor Horry needs to get acclimated or adjust when they come back. They've both been through this enough and are clutch shooters that if they're healthy enough to stand and run, they'll be there. And I predict each will have 1 game this playoffs where they play the hero, and that will be all they are needed for.
+1

ploto
04-14-2008, 10:32 AM
People seem to be discounting the role that Horry has played defensively for the Spurs play-off teams. To act as if all he does is shoot three's is to discount a big part of his career.

Tradition
04-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Horry overstayed his welcome. He should of retired last season. He stayed 1 year too late. Sucks to see that happen because Rob was one of my all time favorite Lakers.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Who the fuck are you fucking bitch...
Fuck you. You don't wanna mess with me, man.
When people mess with me, they get broke.

BIG z_
04-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Fuck you. You don't wanna mess with me, man.
When people mess with me, they get broke.
I'm sorry I said that. For a second there I let my anger get the best of me.
I should know better than to insult someone like you on here. Forgive me.

boutons_
04-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Can't Iam come up and sit on the bench, to experience the playoff intensity? can't hurt. unless there is a blowout, he won't play a minute.

Shaolin-Style
04-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Ian comes in, plays like Amare Stoudemire is his long lost bastard son, and wins the finals mvp after a flawless run through the playoffs by the spurs.

But yeah, I'd love to see him do good if he gets called up, but I doubt its gonna happen.

BIG z_
04-14-2008, 05:59 PM
:dizzy What was I thinking?

Kori Ellis
04-14-2008, 06:03 PM
:dizzy What was I thinking?

Sign back into your regular user name and stop trolling. thanks.

UV Ray
04-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Can't Horry just wear a knee brace?

It's not like he has to play well or hit shots, just check in at the beginning of garbage time and knock the other team's best player under the scorers table. How healthy does he really need to be?

That's a great strategy! But maybe he should get a little more creative this time. Maybe Stranz and Fairchild Van Waldenberg could give him some ideas.

jag
04-14-2008, 06:48 PM
:lmao @ you calling someone dumb

:lmao @ him calling someone a bitch.

BonnerDynasty
04-14-2008, 06:53 PM
People seem to be discounting the role that Horry has played defensively for the Spurs play-off teams. To act as if all he does is shoot three's is to discount a big part of his career.

I'd love to have Horry back JUST FOR HIS DEFENSE. Dude could never score another point in his career and I'd be happy if he came back and played his defense :depressed

barbacoataco
04-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Horry does a lot of things to help his team win. In last year's playoffs he played a role at times.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Horry has been done for two seasons, outside of a random late game hip check here and there.

Damn, this is going to be a rough fall this time around in the playoffs. This is going to be vintage 2001 when our senior citizen role players get worked by a younger, more athletic squad.

The shitty thing is it's probably going to be Utah.

barbacoataco
04-14-2008, 10:20 PM
I think the Spurs can beat Utah.

SpursFanInAustin
04-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Horry has been done for two seasons, outside of a random late game hip check here and there.

Damn, this is going to be a rough fall this time around in the playoffs. This is going to be vintage 2001 when our senior citizen role players get worked by a younger, more athletic squad.

The shitty thing is it's probably going to be Utah.

I'm afraid it would be done by the Lakers again.