View Full Version : Is This The Worst The Front Office Has Ever Done In A While?

davi78239
04-13-2008, 08:31 PM
practically gift wrapped scola and they made no effort out of stubborness to get more athletic and younger this past summer. Looks like it might finally come back to bite them in the ass.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Spurs FO players they let get away

Scola
Noc
Bell
Barbosa
Josh Howard

and that was just through the draft

MrChug
04-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Anything to save a buck...

ThomasGranger
04-13-2008, 08:39 PM
No, but this may be the worst thread title ever in a while

rascal
04-13-2008, 08:40 PM
I didn't like that they were content last summer to stay the same with basically the same team as last year because they won last year. Thats not a winning attitude to take.

Its like they thought the rest of the league would also stay the same.

T Park
04-13-2008, 08:41 PM

Scola
Noc
Bell
Barbosa
Josh Howard

God you really seriously are an idiot aren't you.

SenorSpur
04-13-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm utterly disappointed in the FO because they've not developed or acquired a suitable swingman since SJax left the building in 2003. To me, that is the biggest mistake they have made. Of course, when they had a chance to draft one (Josh Howard), they had their noses up Jason Kidd's ass in hot free agent pursuit and weren't looking to save $$$ by not taking on any first round draft choices. How'd that turn out? By now they should be reaping the benefits of having developed another contributing player at that spot.

By now, this team could've developed another swingman in-house. I really like the Udoka acquistion. He does fill a need for this team. However, they still lack an young, athletic backup wing player who can shoot from the outside, has a good handle, can create his own shot, and of course defend. They've needed such a player the past several seasons.

This team sorely needs need an infusion of youth, quickness and athleticism at that spot. I'm sick of seeing this team get consistently overwhelmed, outhustled and outmatched by younger, quicker, more talented players. Pop and his staff do not seem to have the patience required to develop younger, quicker players who are hungry to make good.

Sure the Spurs are playing for championships, but so are the Pistons. They found value in developing a second core of bench players to provide energy, talent and depth behind their starters. Why can't the Spurs do the same?

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-13-2008, 09:11 PM

Scola
Noc
Bell
Barbosa
Josh Howard

Spurs FO players they let get away whose posters I make love to

Scola

Fixed.

davi78239
04-13-2008, 09:14 PM
is it possible for holt to fire pop if he wanted to? Just wondering.

tp2021
04-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Sure the Spurs are playing for championships, but so are the Pistons. They found value in developing a second core of bench players to provide energy, talent and depth behind their starters. Why can't the Spurs do the same?

:clap Well said. However, the pistons are two years removed from a finals appearance, which is the standard both of our franchises are measured by. After getting beat last season at the hands of Lebron, pretty much by himself, Joe Dumars went out and got the youth they needed. The spurs are the reigning champs, two-years removed from ...winning a championship. This offseason looks to be the one where needs will be addressed, similar to last offseason for the pistons. If not, look for this board to be lighting up with more naysayers, which is to be expected. I will be one of them, if improvements aren't made. I still hope Tim can be a part of a back-to-back before he retires. I'm not as informed as Bruno, but I think we have enough to sign some talent to address our needs. Plus, we have Ian and Tiago to look forward to. And Tim, Tony, and Manu, for many years to come.

davi78239
04-13-2008, 09:17 PM
what if gilbert arenas still wants to come here and he's willing to take a paycut to do so. Wasn't there an earlier thread one day that said that he wouldn't mind playing for the spurs when he opts out?

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-13-2008, 09:19 PM
what if gilbert arenas still wants to come here and he's willing to take a paycut to do so. Wasn't there an earlier thread one day that said that he wouldn't mind playing for the spurs when he opts out?
Not gonna happen. He'd have to take a major paycut. When I say major, I mean MAJOR. And when I say MAJOR, I mean MAJOR, and when I say MAJOR, I mean MAJOR.

Budkin
04-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Jesus.

dg7md
04-13-2008, 09:54 PM

Sure, in like 6 years when he's approaching his last legs, and if he still doesn't have a title, he'll gladly join the Spurs.

Mister Sinister
04-13-2008, 09:55 PM
-Sigh- Scola thread...

George Gervin's Afro
04-13-2008, 09:56 PM
practically gift wrapped scola and they made no effort out of stubborness to get more athletic and younger this past summer. Looks like it might finally come back to bite them in the ass.

4 championships.. they deserve a little slack...

ducks
04-13-2008, 10:23 PM
the spurs have won alot of titles recently

now if a front office to be ticked at would be the yankees
they have all that payroll and no rings lately to prove they are good
if spurs win it all this year it will be 5 titles in 10 years
that it incrediable especially since spurs have not signed a big name fa during that time except for their own MR DUNCAN

Mister Sinister
04-13-2008, 10:27 PM
<Activate Mister Sinister Mode...Sinister Mode Activated>
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v237/106/74/31115915/n31115915_33745344_9823.jpg
What makes these fools whine and complain about that which is passed, and that which they have no control over? I must....research their genetic structure, that I might isolate the stupid gene, and thus, remove it.
<Disengage Mister Sinister Mode...Sinister Mode Disengaged. Stairs.>

ChumpDumper
04-13-2008, 11:38 PM
This whining is older than the Spurs themselves.

Man of Steel
04-13-2008, 11:38 PM
If we drafted Howard, would we have been able to keep Manu? I've read somewhere that the money we would have spent on Howard was used to keep Manu in SA.

As for Scola--to this day, I still don't understand the move and probably never will--but that is water so under the bridge that the creek is dry cracking....

sabar
04-14-2008, 12:08 AM

Scola
Noc
Bell
Barbosa
Josh Howard

News flash: There is a salary cap. They would have been traded for nothing no matter what. They would have gotten no play time with rookie salary too.

ChumpDumper
04-14-2008, 01:02 AM
You people are fucking idiots.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2008, 01:03 AM
You people are fucking idiots.

sig worthy

honestfool84
04-14-2008, 01:05 AM
how stupid are you gonna feel when the spurs win?

and you, spurs dynasty, how stupid will you feel when scola is at home WISHING he were in a certain parade back in san antonio?

GrandeDavid
04-14-2008, 01:10 AM
It could be worse. If this were MLB we'd be the Royals.