PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Will Win The West.......

coachmac87
04-13-2008, 08:38 PM
This team is very dangerous.They have the "REAL MVP"....they are extremly good. They have the city behind them.....a city that has been through suffering...KATRINA...We cannot forget they are playing in one of the toughest confernces of the history of the league....watch out for the NEW ORLEANS HORNETS

POINT GUARDS

{ Mike James}- guy is a streaky scorer, can really take over a game or score 15 pts in a quarter. ever since he got paid hasnt produced much like before but my get his act together do something in playoffs...combo of him and paul on the same court could be deadly.

{Jannero Pargo}- to me he is like the perfect back up pg. he is clutch and is not afraid to be in the game, which is important for a reserve and he can lead a team on the floor. liked how he played in Chicago. will be effective in spurts while paul is on the bench...

{Chris Paul}- if steve nash can win 2 fucking mvps then chris paul can win at least one...kid is putting up crazy numbers even better than nash, can defend better than nash, may be small but he gets steals and he is the best in the open court.....put amare wit paul and wow.......he can shoot anywhere on the court and controls the game so well...game looks easy. he can pull a wade type playoff run and take over and win it all...why not??

Shooting Guards/Small Forwards

{Morris Peterson}- guy can shoot lights out with the 3 ball.....and since paul can get anywhere on the court and draw defenders he gets open looks....all he will have to do is hit open 3's and trust me he will do it 39% is decent and good enough...and maybe he will be more focused come playoff time and shoot around 42%...also a winner...won title at michigan state

{Peja Stojakovic}- people thought he was done or lost it...welll bitches he is back...the boy is shooting 45% from three and like peterson will get easy looks because of paul penetration. fades during clutch moments but that will have to change he is older and more mature. still a very deadly shooter..was once not even 3 years ago thought of being best shooter in league...and he will get open looks in the playoffs...ouch

{Bonzi Wells}- guy just gets buckets...great rebounder tough player...not best shooter but can get hot and take over...as a spur fan i know.....if head is in game can be dangerous..i think he is a great bench player nothing fancy about his game but he just scores and rebounds really really well...good player

{Rasual Butler}- not having a good year but is a good shooter and things can change for him come playoff time...played good with the heat...has to be ready once his name is called...can get really hot from 3 and help change an outcome of a game

{Julian Wright}- dont expect much from him come playoff time

Power Forward

{Ryan Bowen}- not sure how much time he will get come playoff time but once on the court doesnt really bring much except hustle...wont be a big threat come playoff time

{Chris Andersen}- No way

{David West}- this kid is something special...him and paul make a great duo and new orelans has a bright future because of this guy...not many people can guard him in this league..duncan cant guard him...he will dominate the west in the paint this playoff time..except against phx...just a solid underrated superstar

Center

{Tyson Chandler} has great chemistry with paul on pick and roll and the alley oop play seems to happen at least twice a game...he rebounds well but should block more shots...but he is doing an excellent job in his role and is a perfect fit for this team and wow the spurs could use somebody like this kid...

{Melvin Ely} good around the bucket and can rebound decent will fill in if needed and wont do much and could be used as fouls on shaq

{Hilton Armstrong} dont expect much offensively but could block and get boards when on court

Now they are a very young team and it is very unlikely they will win it all but you cannot forget about this team and be surprised if they win it....you heard it here....the coach has been there and has a great point guard who people is a legnd in the making....CHRIS PAUL...its his time

atxrocker
04-13-2008, 08:53 PM
chris paul is probably my favorite player in the league and i really like peja and bonzi so they are the team i will be rooting for throughout the playoffs.

Allanon
04-13-2008, 09:03 PM
I love New Orleans, great city, great, great food. The Hornets are a very solid team.

But they're not winning the West. Lakers only have to win against the Kings on Tuesday and that secures their #1 spot. Lakers with homecourt advantage throughout the West is impossible to overcome.

Hornets won't get the calls against the Lakers
Hornets don't have the Playoff experience the Lakers have
Hornets are too small to contend with Lakers
Hornets don't stand a chance in a game 7 at Staples Center

Hornets lost that crucial #1 seed against the Kings yesterday and lost CP3's MVP on Friday against the Lakers.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-13-2008, 10:10 PM
I love New Orleans, great city, great, great food. The Hornets are a very solid team.

But they're not winning the West. Lakers only have to win against the Kings on Tuesday and that secures their #1 spot. Lakers with homecourt advantage throughout the West is impossible to overcome.

Hornets lost that crucial #1 seed against the Kings yesterday and lost CP3's MVP on Friday against the Lakers.

:lol

I laughed.

Don Quixote
04-13-2008, 11:30 PM

Yes, I agree that New Orleans is a great city. And the food is fantabulous. I'm glad people are coming to my fair city, and hope to see you all again soon!

And I agree that L.A. is the team to beat now. Young teams are usually not long for the playoffs, and there's no way they or anyone gets calls against the Lakers in crunch time.

That said, the Hornets have a bright future and I look for them to take over the Southwest as the Spurs and Mavericks decline.