DarrinS
04-13-2008, 08:47 PM
That is all.

BlackSwordsMan
04-13-2008, 08:48 PM
thanks

DarrinS
04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
It would be pretty embarassing if people bail out now and the Spurs end up winning the finals.

I should know. THey won on two different occasions when I thougtht they wre too old and too done.

This is a SMART basketball team. Let it play out.

SequSpur
04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
The Spurs aren't very good. So might as well jump...

davi78239
04-13-2008, 08:58 PM
yea but this time's different than the last times. they have never sucked like this going straight into the playoffs. Unless, this is a different scenario for the books.

word
04-13-2008, 09:06 PM
lol ....they just keep getting smaller and smaller ...

florige
04-13-2008, 09:08 PM
You guys have to remember that we were without our second best player today too. I think Kori said it, if we had lost by 20 and the big three managed to have monster games then I would be concerned. I am just concerned with the non-aggressive way TD has been playing as of late. But he always manages to turn it on in the playoffs. Hopefully it will be the case this year as well.

picnroll
04-13-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm stepping back so I can get a running start.

duncan228
04-13-2008, 09:13 PM
...he always manages to turn it on in the playoffs. Hopefully it will be the case this year as well.

I still believe Duncan will turn it up this year. As long as he's healthy there's no reason to think otherwise.

dbreiden83080
04-13-2008, 09:34 PM
I still believe Duncan will turn it up this year. As long as he's healthy there's no reason to think otherwise.

I think he will too, but it is a longshot to think we have enough here to go all the way. We are beating the bad teams, getting blown out by the elite teams and the playoffs start this weekend. If this goes south in a hurry, the FO damn well better be as active as they can this summer.

Slomo
04-13-2008, 11:24 PM
The Spurs aren't very good. So might as well jump...

:lol

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Emoticons/step_away_from_the_edge.jpg

Radiosparks
04-13-2008, 11:45 PM
TD just couldn't get a shot to fall in and the Lakers bench were huge for them. I still believe but they have to get some youth on the bench in the off season.

J.T.
04-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Tim Duncan is playing possum until the playoffs. Horry style. I would be more scared of Manu's injury and our lack of bench depth if Brent and Rob aren't active for the postseason.

nobodi_home
04-14-2008, 12:27 AM
No way....
The original poster here must be one of those forever optimists....
Optimistic in the face of certain doom, like your vacation flight has
just run into another airplane, one of your wings has a huge gash
in the leading edge, but you persist in being optimistic, rather than
reasonably assessing the situation.

No way.... The edge is where every SAS fan should be for the
simple reason that you can't have 5 old men out on the floor for
35 - 40 minutes, night after night.

The edge is the place to be gents, because the Spuds don't have
any respectable bench anymore, and impressive bench contributions
is what has carried they thru for their recent title victories.

Tony Massenburg, retired
Nick Van Exel, retired
Bob Horry, sick, lame + unavailable for who knows what reason
Manu- injured reserve
Rasho, traded away, playing great, and starting for Toronto
Brent Barry- still on sick + lame list
Beno, foolishly traded away, playing great and kicked Parker's butt
when they visited Sacramento Nov 26
Shawn Marks, foolishly traded away

No way... Popovich has morphed into POOP-avich. I blame this
nuts-o head coach as much as anyone, and probably their el-cheapo
owner who won't spend more than 10 cents for a decent bench.

Look who they've brought in the past few years? Good grief, it's
disgusting. First there was Nitwit Nazi, which caused the riff leading
to Rasho wanting a trade. Rasho is playing even better
at Toronto. Where is that great Nazi Mohammad now???

Jock Vaughn just wants to imitate Indiana's Jalen Rose, and dribble
the ball out at the top of the Key. What a moron. And everyone
thought this fool could do Beno Udrih's job!! Ah ha, sure....
But it's good that Beno got traded. Now he's a starter, playing
good minutes, and surely enjoying his NBA career, rather than
cleaning up sweat for Spurs loosers. So some things work out
find in the end.
Then there's the bozo-bob tag-team at WOAI Puke Radio , that
can't do anything more than make excuses for the Spuds 3 Sacred Cows.
And no doubt, unfortunately, they get lots of suckers to believe the crap
they broadcast.

Unfortunately, excuses for the Sacred Cows isn't going to lead to
success in the playoffs. And I don't see where the reserve
spark is gonna come from this year. There ain't none.

So the ledge, gentlemen, that is the place to be.
No parachutes allowed. Take your last drink and
do what you know you gotta do..
WOAI, Buffoon Radio for SW Texas

If they don't get rid of this rotting dead wood over the summer,
it'll only get worse next year. Maybe not even make the playoffs at all.
THEN, where will you ledge leaners be then?

No, the San Antonio ball team has some serious problems that are
not going to be fixed via wishful thinking, nor imaginative broadcast
diatribe from the WOAI snake-oil dispensers.

Doom and Gloom, it's here gents, and likely to hang around for
quite some time..

And I hope Brent Barry just stays where he is, on his self-chosen
sick list and let the Macho Mikes show what they can do.
(er, can't do)
The maggots over at WOAI are so sure Barry can't do anyone any
good, so stay where you are, Barry, and let the fools handle it., and
in the process, let WOAI be exposed for its buffoonery.

GrandeDavid
04-14-2008, 12:58 AM
We'll see how they do in the postseason and, yes, I agree that the ledge should be avoided. The Big 3 have won 3 championships together and by most accounts they are all going to the playoffs pretty healthy. I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise...in the playoffs.

MannyIsGod
04-14-2008, 01:06 AM
You can talk about backing off a ledge all you want, but if you believe that the Spurs are going to win a title easily you're running on purely blind faith. While I believe they can potentialy win a title, there is very little this year that has inspired confidence within me and there certainly is nothing that has done that of late.

Before you go there, I'm a die hard Spurs fan and I'll be rooting for them until (if) they are eliminated.

That being said, I've never seen a year where they have an honest chance to be eliminated in the first round during the Duncan era until now. You have to simply face that fact that everytime this team faces one of the West's elite teams, they have folded up very quickly as of late. The offense is extremely susceptible to being shut down for long stretches by a zone or by jamming the middle. The ball movement becomes extremely stagnant for long stretches and they don't always seem to have the legs to make it through the entire game.

When you match that up against a west where everyone looks incredibly hungry and everyone has retooled you don't have a very bright forecast. None of this is to say that they can't do it and that those of us who love this team won't want them to do it, it simply states that its an incredibly uphill battle and the honest assessment is that they're not likely to do it.

If you believe otherwise, like I said before you're running on blind faith. And thats fine, but don't knock people who have taken what they've seen from this team in recent games to heart. Don't give me any ridiculous CIA theories and just accept this team is not playing very good basketball right now. Whether or not that changes remains to be seen and while my heart hopes they will my head can't help but see how improbable that is.

BonnerDynasty
04-14-2008, 01:11 AM
It is going to sting very deeply if Suns knock us out in 1st round.

It hurts just thinking about it.

WalterBenitez
04-14-2008, 07:15 AM
Jump first, later reconsider it! :rolleyes

hsxvvd
04-14-2008, 07:36 AM
will the playoffs hurry up.

SenorSpur
04-14-2008, 07:49 AM
You can talk about backing off a ledge all you want, but if you believe that the Spurs are going to win a title easily you're running on purely blind faith. While I believe they can potentialy win a title, there is very little this year that has inspired confidence within me and there certainly is nothing that has done that of late.

Before you go there, I'm a die hard Spurs fan and I'll be rooting for them until (if) they are eliminated.

That being said, I've never seen a year where they have an honest chance to be eliminated in the first round during the Duncan era until now. You have to simply face that fact that everytime this team faces one of the West's elite teams, they have folded up very quickly as of late. The offense is extremely susceptible to being shut down for long stretches by a zone or by jamming the middle. The ball movement becomes extremely stagnant for long stretches and they don't always seem to have the legs to make it through the entire game.

When you match that up against a west where everyone looks incredibly hungry and everyone has retooled you don't have a very bright forecast. None of this is to say that they can't do it and that those of us who love this team won't want them to do it, it simply states that its an incredibly uphill battle and the honest assessment is that they're not likely to do it.

If you believe otherwise, like I said before you're running on blind faith. And thats fine, but don't knock people who have taken what they've seen from this team in recent games to heart. Don't give me any ridiculous CIA theories and just accept this team is not playing very good basketball right now. Whether or not that changes remains to be seen and while my heart hopes they will my head can't help but see how improbable that is.

Very well done! :toast

ThomasGranger
04-14-2008, 09:35 AM
the Spuds don't have any respectable bench anymore, and impressive bench contributions is what has carried they thru for their recent title victories.

Tony Massenburg, retired
Nick Van Exel, retired

Shawn Marks, foolishly traded away

:downspin: :downspin:

First there was Nitwit Nazi, which caused the riff leading to Rasho wanting a trade.

:downspin: :downspin: :downspin:

miss paxton
04-14-2008, 10:22 AM
MannyIsGod's excellent post sums it up for me. I'll continue to hope that this team will improve and that the way they've been playing recently is not indicative of what they will do in the playoffs, but it seems right now that "hope" is all it is. I've seen some ugly things over the almost two decades I've been a Spurs fan, so I'm not jumping off the ledge, but that doesn't mean I think this team is going to win a championship either.

mexicanjunior
04-14-2008, 10:24 AM

Good post, I totally agree...

cash459
04-14-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm stepping back so I can get a running start.

:lmao although i dont agree, that was hilarious....

The Spurs have a chance still. Yes, they are old, but they will not have any back to backs in the playoffs & they will get time to rest. I, like most fans, are hoping that they can pull it together come PO time....

crazier things have happened, so dont give up just yet.

Summers
04-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Everyone, please step back from the ledge

Fuck that. Let 'em go so they'll stop clogging up our board with hysteria.

SpurYank
04-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Hey nobodi, tell us how you really feel.

You guys have it all wrong. The fat lady went on a diet and is nowhere to be found. Know what that means? There'll be no singing. And do you know what that means? The Spurs will pull things out again. You simply have to believe. The playoffs haven't even started. No one knows what team they're playing. Besides, the Lakers could go up against a very hot Nuggets team and all this talk about a Celtics-Lakers matchup may be a joke. Phil may regret being so flippant about it.

All those nice things Pop said about the Lakers being so good are the same things he'd say about the Jazz, the Hornets, and most teams in the playoffs. He is a true sportsperson.

NRHector
04-14-2008, 12:48 PM

If you believe otherwise, like I said before you're running on blind faith. And thats fine, but don't knock people who have taken what they've seen from this team in recent games to heart. Don't give me any ridiculous CIA theories and just accept this team is not playing very good basketball right now. Whether or not that changes remains to be seen and while my heart hopes they will my head can't help but see how improbable that is.that's exactly how I feel :toast

peskypesky
04-14-2008, 01:20 PM
It's going to be hella tough for ANY team to win the title this year. Just coming out of the West is going to be hard. But if the Big 3 are on their game, and Bowen is playing good D, and the role players step up, Spurs CAN do it. Yes they can.

Bulwark
04-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Bulwark - "any person or thing giving strong support or encouragement in time of need, danger, or doubt" (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bulwark)

Go Spurs Go:clap

DarrinS
04-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Shameless bump of my own thread.

I told you mofuckas.

Jimcs50
04-27-2008, 11:26 AM
That is all.

why???

Let the pussies jump, I say.

We do not need the bandwagoneers....fuckem.

m33p0
04-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Shameless bump of my own thread.

I told you mofuckas.
:lol :lmao

peskypesky
04-27-2008, 01:23 PM
It's going to be hella tough for ANY team to win the title this year. Just coming out of the West is going to be hard. But if the Big 3 are on their game, and Bowen is playing good D, and the role players step up, Spurs CAN do it. Yes they can.

Words of wisdom.
:flag:

Officer Slater
04-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Wow the Sporks really fooled me!

BiZNicK
04-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Shame on the fools doubting the Spurs!!

Regular Season Spurs <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Playoff Spurs