PDA

View Full Version : will the spurs win it all?

poo-doe wayne-o
04-13-2008, 10:36 PM
yes or no and why do you think it?

BIG z
04-13-2008, 10:38 PM
No, not our year....

spursfaninla
04-13-2008, 10:53 PM
1. Too many injuries to rotation players
2. Not in any kind of rhythm offensively
3. Other teams have too much talent

BIG z
04-13-2008, 10:53 PM
1. Too many injuries to rotation players
2. Not in any kind of rhythm offensively
3. Other teams have too much talent

and you still voted yes....

xmas1997
04-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Yes, simply because they are the defending champs and have as good a chance as any of the other contenders, for lack of a better reason.
I mean, how reasonable can you be in a year as crazy as this one is?

Princess Pimp
04-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Lay down the pipe homers..

You are out in the first round!

davi78239
04-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Lay down the pipe homers..

You are out in the first round!

Naw........I'd say 2nd round if anything. I think spurs will be okay first round.

spursfaninla
04-13-2008, 11:20 PM
I think we are fine at the 3 seed, playing houston..until the 2nd round, when we have to play the hornets.

If we do manage to get past them, we see the lakers in the WCF. I know we are missing Manu, so that might make the difference...

Unless they have bynum back to a semblance of rhythm by the WCF.

nobodi_home
04-13-2008, 11:45 PM
nope nope nope
Spurs are the Spuds this year. Ka-Puuuuut in first round.
They have no bench that's worth 2 cents this year.
In fact, they should really be worried about being swept in the first
round, especially if their foe is New. O or the sleazy Lakers.
If they don't get home court advantage, then the prospects are
even worse.

dbreiden83080
04-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Pains me to say it as i never give up when a lot of people are panicking during the season but with 2 games left before the playoffs they are a mess.

Lack of depth
Matchup problems with the other elite west teams
Injuries
Tremendous inconsistancy

Plus i feel this team right now has a genuine lack of belief in themselves that they can win the title this year. You can see it in their body language. Tim not playing well is the least of the worries as long as he is healthy. Everything else, though i just don't see it happening. :bang :pctoss

word
04-14-2008, 12:10 AM
I think we are fine at the 3 seed, playing houston..until the 2nd round, when we have to play the hornets.

If we do manage to get past them, we see the lakers in the WCF. I know we are missing Manu, so that might make the difference...

Unless they have bynum back to a semblance of rhythm by the WCF.

If we go through Houston then NO we've been handed a GIFT !!

Princess Pimp
04-14-2008, 12:19 AM
If we go through Houston then NO we've been handed a GIFT !!That's what you think idiot!

DAF86
04-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Yes, Tony is playing great and is going to keep playing great, Manu and Tim will be there like always and Pop would play the starters a lot more minutes. And the others teams'll choke like they always do.

cly2tw
04-14-2008, 02:22 AM
They get eliminated in the 1st round by either Jazz or the Suns, both teams match up well with Spurs.

Johnmvp
04-14-2008, 02:25 AM
I sure hope they can win it all again. I'll be buying playoff tickets soon.

JPB
04-14-2008, 03:54 AM
Spurs sweeping everybody including Boston in the finals.

colargol
04-14-2008, 06:49 AM
yes........cause i'm a fucking french Spurs homer and there's no others smart reasons....

carib
04-14-2008, 07:00 AM
To Old

manufor3
04-14-2008, 07:17 AM
yes

mexicanjunior
04-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Not our year...We will lose to the Suns or Jazz if we play them. Our only hope to get out of the first round is to draw the Rockets. Whoever we face in the 2nd would make quick work of us anyway. Makes me wish we had just tanked the last 2 months, sat the big 3 and picked up some lottery balls...

1Parker1
04-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Irony of ironies, I think the winner is going to come out of the East after all the talk this season about the West.

1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Lakers
4. Spurs

My picks in order of who I think can win it at this point.

hater
04-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Spurs are not only losing to most good teams, they are getting their ass pounded and embarrassed out there.

I don't see Spurs winning it all.

urunobili
04-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Spurs are not only losing to most good teams, they are getting their ass pounded and embarrassed out there.

I don't see Spurs winning it all.
who cares? you didn;t last year either.... :blah

hater
04-14-2008, 10:15 AM
who cares? you didn;t last year either.... :blah

I am answering the thread question genius.
and you got me confused w/someone else I never said that last year.

urunobili
04-14-2008, 10:16 AM
I am answering the thread question genius.
and you got me confused w/someone else I never said that last year.
well i have never seen a hater supporting so... you reinforce my faith in them counting them out... all of you... it'll make it sweeter...

101A
04-14-2008, 10:51 AM
The Spurs have a gear that they have shown on occasion this season that is unbelievably good basketball.

Offense flowing, defense stingy. They simply haven't used it much; looked like crap MUCH of the season; especially against good teams.

Pop has said over and over and over this season that seeding doesn't matter; that only health does. The Spurs have played accordingly. It looks like they are entering the post-season relatively healthy.

This isn't CIA Pop - this is Pop playing the team as he has SAID he was going to - to stay healthy FIRST. Is Tim all of a sudden a scrub who gets beaten down and whipped at every occassion; or is he coasting. Honestly, from what we have seen and KNOW of Tim over the past 12 seasons, which is more likely?

Tony and Manu have shown the ability in the past couple of weeks to each be able to take over games offensively; when the whole team shows up at once, and plays to win first, and to stay healthy second; the results should take care of themselves.

Frankly the West doesn't look "superior" to me this season; it looks very mediocre, with no team separating itself. The Spurs, IMO, are that team; but have refused to show it. I am excited to see some basketball that isn't played as pre-season. It's coming.

If I'm wrong, and this team all of a sudden has not heart, legs, and just sucks; then I'll take the memories of 4 championships and get ready to watch the rebuilding begin; no shame. I, however, don't think I'm wrong; we'll know next week.

Also, I think Manu, Tony and Tim are all at a relative peak right now; and it could go a couple of more seasons; Pop isn't just playing to keep them healthy THIS year; those off-seasons, after all, are VERY short when you're playing into mid-June.

This season is the meat of the three-peat, IMO.