PDA

View Full Version : WTF are you doing DAL?

DazedAndConfused
04-13-2008, 10:39 PM
I mean seriously.....losing to the fucking Supersonics? Why are you fucking the seedings up you dumbshits. It was looking real sweet today with the Lakers playing the Nuggs in the 1st round but now you dumbshits have to lose to the fucking worst team in the WC and throw this all out of whack. If you don't beat NOH then it will be a DAL-LAL 1st round matchup.

mavsfan1000
04-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Yep it pisses me off to. With that said, nothing would be sweeter than to knock off the Lakers. Not looking like that could happen right now though.

ludda
04-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Turtle head Terry chokes both games.

Durant was clutch.

If NO wins their next game, will they have anything to play for in the last game?

sribb43
04-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Mavs must treat the game against the hornets as a game 7 now... :lol

way to go mavs...way to kill the momentum you created over the past week by losing to POR and SEA....now you are back where you were before the GS game....a team that cant get it done

The Nba Is Rigged
04-13-2008, 11:27 PM
The Dallas Mavericks suck, simple as that. The Hornets will win on Wednesday and the Lakers will sweep us in the first round.

Man of Steel
04-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Mavs can take the Lakers. Sure--LA beat the Spurs without Manu, with a cold shooting Tim Duncan and lanes that closed in the second half that would have been perfect for Manu to open up along with Tony.

Mavs--do the opposite of last year--you be the 8th seed that knocks off the first seed.

Do it Mavs!

Allanon
04-14-2008, 12:12 AM
The Mavs can't beat the Lakers...not in a 7 game series with LA having HCA.

If the Mavs had homecourt, then possibly.

1. History...Mavs have only a few winning seasons against the Lakers
2. 62-61
3. There's no Kobe Stoppa on the Mavs (ala Bruce Bowen, Raja Bell)
4. Odom can't guard Dirk, Dirk can't guard Odom...Dirk +10 points, Odom +5 rebounds. Dirk is obviously better but in this circumstance, he's not superstar better like he would be in alot of other matchups.
5. No answer for Pau's 20 points

Mavs at Lakers in the first round would probably go to 5 very close games with Lakers pulling the last one out in Dallas.

Findog
04-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Mavs at Lakers in the first round would probably go to 5 very close games with Lakers pulling the last one out in Dallas.

Yep.

Findog
04-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Here's how a Dallas-LA series would play out:

Lakers get the first two in LA, one blowout and one close game.

Each team wins a close game in Dallas.

The Lakers close Dallas out in G5. It won't be a blowout, but it won't be a last possession either team can win it affair. Lakers by 8-11 in the finale.

stretch
04-14-2008, 07:58 AM
4. Odom can't guard Dirk, Dirk can't guard Odom...Dirk +10 points, Odom +5 rebounds. Dirk is obviously better but in this circumstance, he's not superstar better like he would be in alot of other matchups.

You seriously underestimate Dirk's rebounding ability. In the playoffs, he ALWAYS raises his rebound average by a good 3-4 more per game. Plus, he has been averaging fantastic numbers here lately in limited minutes with a fucked up ankle. Dirk has truly been playing at only about 70% this entire season, up until the past month or so (not health-wise, but effort wise). He knows that its important to peak at the right time, and he is surely doing that. No one is going to want to see a peaking Dirk in the playoffs. I'd put money on it that Dirk outrebounds Odom through an entire series if the two teams were to meet.

5. No answer for Pau's 20 points

Dirk has always owned Pau Gasol so badly on both ends of the court, its not even funny.

monosylab1k
04-14-2008, 08:03 AM
this is how Dallas has always been.

when put in a position to feel good about themselves, they'll immediately fuck it all up. been doin it for years.

DaDakota
04-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Aren't they fairly locked into the 7th spot?

They should just concentrate on getting healthy and getting their minds right...

DD

mavsfan1000
04-14-2008, 09:37 AM

They should just concentrate on getting healthy and getting their minds right...

DD
Nope. They got to beat New Orleans to hold on to the 7th spot.

Findog
04-14-2008, 09:49 AM
A Dallas win or Denver loss clinches the 7 seed.

stretch
04-14-2008, 10:05 AM

DD
I agree with your post. IMO, I don't care what seed they get. They just need to be healthy as possible, for whomever they face in the playoffs. I would rather them get the 7 as I am supremely confident they will murder the Hornets, but I look at it this way... it shouldn't matter who you play. If you are truly the best, you gotta be able to beat the best. It may not always be the case, but that is how you should approach the playoffs. I hate it when people talk about tanking to get an easier matchup. I understand why, but I think its a total bitch move, and true contenders should never want to do that, because it shows that they are afraid, and true champs are not afraid of any team, because they know that THEY are the best.

sribb43
04-14-2008, 10:57 AM
what if GS loses tonight to PHX thus allowing Denver to clinch. Do you guys think Denver rests its players on Wednesday against the Grizzlies?

Findog
04-14-2008, 11:01 AM
what if GS loses tonight to PHX thus allowing Denver to clinch. Do you guys think Denver rests its players on Wednesday against the Grizzlies?

I think the Nuggz want the 7 seed and to avoid the Lakers just like us. We have an outside shot at beating NOLA. We got no chance against the Lakers.

sribb43
04-14-2008, 11:03 AM
I think the Nuggz want the 7 seed and to avoid the Lakers just like us. We have an outside shot at beating NOLA. We got no chance against the Lakers.

F'in Mavs could have avoided all of this by just beating the Sonics

JamStone
04-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Right now, Denver might be the tougher out in the playoffs. Iverson and Carmelo each could drop 30 a game like nothing and each is capable of a 40-50 point night. Dallas is still a good team but they're not exactly clicking great at this point of the season.

Findog
04-14-2008, 11:09 AM
F'in Mavs could have avoided all of this by just beating the Sonics

Do you like how the shitty Sonics went on a 10-0 run to close the game? This whole team is garbage except for Dirk and Kidd, and Damp, for some strange reason.

sribb43
04-14-2008, 11:10 AM
even if the mavs end up playing NOH, i think the crowd there has the same feel as GS had last season...those fans will be going crazy for the hornets and mavs will have to deal with a tough atmosphere

Findog
04-14-2008, 11:11 AM
even if the mavs end up playing NOH, i think the crowd there has the same feel as GS had last season...those fans will be going crazy for the hornets and mavs will have to deal with a tough atmosphere

Yep, aside from a couple of games, the Mavs have not shown they can consistently get it done on the road against good teams. I just know that in the case of the Lakers, we might as well bump the offseason speculation thread. Against the Hornets, we have a chance, albeit not a great one.

sribb43
04-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Do you like how the shitty Sonics went on a 10-0 run to close the game? This whole team is garbage except for Dirk and Kidd, and Damp, for some strange reason.

I thought the mavs were playing the 95-96 Sonics with Payton, Kemp, Detlef, Perkins...etc then I realized this was the 07-08 Sonics with Durant, Green, Petro, Watson, Collison. :depressed

sribb43
04-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Avery doenst even have his playoff rotation yet and we only have 1 game left in the regular season...that just = disaster in the playoffs

MrChug
04-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Maybe the first Mavs thread where everyone was making sense.

THE FIRST.

Jack Sommersset
04-14-2008, 11:56 AM
I was wondering if the Mavericks did not make the Kidd trade where hey would be in the seedings. I would think 1-3. This Kidd trade is just weird. Since then they could not beat a 500 or above team. Then they beat Jazz and Suns only to lose to Blazers and Sonics. Strange.

There in the playoffs and I doubt the Lakers or Hornets would want this as a first round match up. I will say it looks like the Mavericks beat themselves since Kidd trade. Kidd just does not look right with this team so far.

Xylus
04-14-2008, 12:12 PM
If the Mavericks and Lakers meet in the playoffs, the Mavericks will win in 7.

Quote me on it.

Findog
04-14-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote me on it.

Pass me that hashish, Xylus.

mavsfan1000
04-14-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote me on it.
I'm sorry. We traded Diop and Harris. We aren't the same anymore. This is barely a plus 500 team with Kidd.

ludda
04-14-2008, 12:35 PM
All the talk from a lot of Mav fans about avoiding the Lakers...then two losses to Portland and Seattle. :dizzy

I think NOH will have something to play for the last game even if they are locked in the standings, they may want to draw the Nuggets instead of Dallas.

mavsfan1000
04-14-2008, 12:38 PM
All the talk from a lot of Mav fans about avoiding the Lakers...then two losses to Portland and Seattle. :dizzy

I think NOH will have something to play for the last game even if they are locked in the standings, they may want to draw the Nuggets instead of Dallas.
I would say they might rather face the Mavs. Iverson is much bigger of a threat than Kidd. Paul will have his way with both but Kidd can't return the favor like Iverson could. The Mavs are a one and out team. I'm convinced. Time to rebuild.

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote me on it.
I like the mavs chances against the lakers than against the hornets.
Findog thinks otherwise but seriously I see the mavs playing better against LA.

stretch
04-14-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote me on it.
I see the Mavs beating the Lakers in 6. Quote me on it as well.

monosylab1k
04-14-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm sorry. We traded Diop and Harris. We aren't the same anymore. This is barely a plus 500 team with Kidd.
Hi Bulls fan

mavsfan1000
04-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi Bulls fan
I knew that would wake you up. :lol

Jack Sommersset
04-14-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote me on it. If it goes to game 7 Kobe will win. C'mon now. In L.A.. Gasol, Odom is going nuts, that crowd. No , Mavs would have to win in 5-6. The question I ask today concerning the Mavs is "Whats going to change in a week to make this team win" I can tell you the Lakers in first round is not the answer.

Xylus
04-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Mavs in 7. In LA.

ludda
04-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Mavs in 7. In LA.

:smokin :drunk
you just want the Mavs to get rid of the Lakers for your Suns.

If Mavs and Lakers meet, Lakers in 5. IMO, Mavs have a much better chance against the Hornets.

monosylab1k
04-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Mavs would beat the Lakers in 5 if they weren't such a fragile bunch, coached by a moron.

The Lakers aren't.that.good.

monosylab1k
04-14-2008, 12:53 PM
It will be Spurs, Mavs, Suns in the WCF. 2 of those 3. Guaranteed.

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Mavs would beat the Lakers in 5 if they weren't such a fragile bunch, coached by a moron.

The Lakers aren't.that.good.
They are a good regular season team because their players (except Kobe) get hot in a hurry and make a bunch of baskets. Those opportunities won't be there in the playoffs. I don't see in their team anybody able to deal with playoffs pressure except kobe,fisher and walton.

mavsfan1000
04-14-2008, 12:56 PM
They are a good regular season team because their players (except Kobe) get hot in a hurry and make a bunch of baskets. Those opportunities won't be there in the playoffs. I don't see in their team anybody able to deal with playoffs pressure except kobe,fisher and walton.
I disagree. The Kobe/Gasol combo is deadly. Odom is loving being the 3rd option and getting the weaker defender on him.

Shank
04-14-2008, 12:58 PM
I disagree. The Kobe/Gasol combo is deadly. Odom is loving being the 3rd option and getting the weaker defender on him.

Hi, Bulls fan.

DaDakota
04-14-2008, 01:02 PM
I don't think any team in the Western conference is superior to the others...there are 5 teams that have a legitimate chance of getting out of the west.

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Hornets
4. Jazz
5 Suns

The rest are not really a threat.

DD

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 01:02 PM
How many times have we seen Gasol and Odom choke in the playoffs. What makes you think they will deliver under pressure. I'd trust derek fisher and walton more than gasol and odom.

mavsfan1000
04-14-2008, 01:05 PM
How many times have we seen Gasol and Odom choke in the playoffs. What makes you think they will deliver under pressure. I'd trust derek fisher and walton more than gasol and odom.
Gasol had to be the man in Memphis. Teams were really keying on him but now his job is a lot easier. Kobe is the playmaker and Gasol is getting passes for dunks rather than having to do 1 on 1 stuff. Odom is the same story. He doesn't have to be a scorer and can focus rebounding and defense. Both are in their ideal situation as Gasol being the second option and Odom as third or 4th option.

peskypesky
04-14-2008, 01:12 PM
I would say they might rather face the Mavs. Iverson is much bigger of a threat than Kidd. Paul will have his way with both but Kidd can't return the favor like Iverson could. The Mavs are a one and out team. I'm convinced. Time to rebuild.

True. Iverson will counter whatever Paul puts up. That little dude is still amazing.

peskypesky
04-14-2008, 01:13 PM

Gasol didn't choke in the playoffs, you fool. Do you know what choking means?

LakeShow
04-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Add to that, Lamar does NOT choke in the playoffs either. I don't know where that's coming from. Lamar is a warrior in the playoffs.

LakeShow
04-14-2008, 01:23 PM
The Mavs chances to beat the lakers are slim to none! Lakers in 5! Book it!

peskypesky
04-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Add to that, Lamar does NOT choke in the playoffs either. I don't know where that's coming from. Lamar is a warrior in the playoffs.

I'm not sure where that comes from either. A lot of people throw around the word "choke" with no idea what it means.

peskypesky
04-14-2008, 01:27 PM
The Mavs chances to beat the lakers are slim to none! Lakers in 5! Book it!

I agree, but I think it'll go to 6 games. I'm guessing that Gasol can defend Dirk pretty well, as they're similar body types, but I don't know from past history if that's true. Anyone know what their head-to-head stats are?

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 01:31 PM
how is winning 50 and 49 games yet failing to win ONE playoff game not choking you fool??

LakeShow
04-14-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure where that comes from either. A lot of people throw around the word "choke" with no idea what it means.
Must be if your team loses, you are labeled a choker. Forget about the fact that the team that beat them was the better team. :dizzy

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 01:33 PM
I agree, but I think it'll go to 6 games. I'm guessing that Gasol can defend Dirk pretty well, as they're similar body types, but I don't know from past history if that's true. Anyone know what their head-to-head stats are?
did you see the mavs and grizzlies series 2 years ago you fool?

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Must be if your team loses, you are labeled a choker. Forget about the fact that the team that beat them was the better team. :dizzy
we are talking about 2 sweep my friend. Not playoff exits.

Findog
04-14-2008, 01:36 PM

The Lakers would beat the Mavs, but Dirk has historically PWNED Pau. He kicked his teeth in two years ago during the Mavs-Grizz first-round series.

Findog
04-14-2008, 01:36 PM

I know what it means, but it gets tossed around far too casually these days. It's pretty much synonomous with lose.

DazedAndConfused
04-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Odom has actually been guarding Dirk, not Pau. Anything Pau has done with the Grizzlies is irrelevant in LA, he is no longer the go to guy on the team. When the game is on the line the ball will be in Kobe's hands.

I don't really know what the Mavs have done against the Lakers this year to inspire so much confidence in their fans. The Lakers beat them with Gasol, without Gasol, and then again with Gasol. In fact the only loss they suffered was in January when Bynum went down and the Mavs had Harris and Diop back then. They still have no answer for Kobe, would not have HCA, Avery is inferior to Phil Jackson, and Dirk isn't 100% healthy.

LakeShow
04-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Does that mean the the players individually did not compete? Lamar's resume in the playoffs is 18ppg and 10 rebounds. His stats are better than his career stats.

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Odom has actually been guarding Dirk, not Pau. Anything Pau has done with the Grizzlies is irrelevant in LA, he is no longer the go to guy on the team. When the game is on the line the ball will be in Kobe's hands.

I don't really know what the Mavs have done against the Lakers this year to inspire so much confidence in their fans. The Lakers beat them with Gasol, without Gasol, and then again with Gasol. In fact the only loss they suffered was in January when Bynum went down and the Mavs had Harris and Diop back then. They still have no answer for Kobe, would not have HCA, Avery is inferior to Phil Jackson, and Dirk isn't 100% healthy.
I'm not a mavs fan but I see how the mavs might beat LA than NO
In the top four however, the mavs would have a better chance against the spurs but we all know they will gravitate between the 7th and 8th spot and spurs won't have the 1st nor the 2nd.

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Does that mean the the players individually did not compete? Lamar's resume in the playoffs is 18ppg and 10 rebounds. His stats are better than his career stats.
Regarding Odom I meant in the clutch. He can't hit his jumper or make a FT.
For Gasol, you'll have a hard time explaining to me how a star with the team he had couldn't at least win a game on his home court.

Allanon
04-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Odom's improved quite a bit since Gasol (59% shooting now) ...one area is his free throw shooting. He's been hitting his clutch minute FTs. I'm pretty sure he's been working on his FT shooting because he's been on the money lately.

Who did Gasol have on his team? And who were they playing? I can't see Grizz as much more than an 8 seed playing a #1 seed.

DazedAndConfused
04-14-2008, 02:01 PM
I have no problem with people thinking the Mavs have a shot against the Lakers, they definitely do as does nearly every other WC playoff team. But anyone who thinks the Mavs are going to beat the Lakers in 5 games with Dirk not 100%, not having HCA, and with Avery Johnsons at the helm is a complete idiot.

LakeShow
04-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Regarding Odom I meant in the clutch. He can't hit his jumper or make a FT.
For Gasol, you'll have a hard time explaining to me how a star with the team he had couldn't at least win a game on his home court.
Ok, Odom is not a player that you want to have the ball in the clutch. I agree. Kobe and Fish will do well in that department.

Findog
One year we took three out of four from the Webber/Divac Kings and then they spanked us in the playoffs in five. The next year they took three out of four, blew us out at home in the first game, and we rallied to take the series. You just never know.

But I'd have to put money on the Lakers if I were in Vegas.

san antonio spurs
Odom's improved quite a bit since Gasol (59% shooting now) ...one area is his free throw shooting. He's been hitting his clutch minute FTs. I'm pretty sure he's been working on his FT shooting because he's been on the money lately.

Who did Gasol have on his team? And who were they playing? I can't see Grizz as much more than an 8 seed playing a #1 seed.
they were the 6th seed against the 3rd seed spurs.
they were also the 5th seed against the 4th seed mavericks

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Ok, Odom is not a player that you want to have the ball in the clutch. I agree. Kobe and Fish will do well in that department.
That's all I meant when I said I'd trust Kobe and Fisher and even walton more that Odom or Gasol.

Xylus
04-14-2008, 02:04 PM
The 1-seed Suns swept the 8-seed Grizzlies w/ Gasol in '04-'05.

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 02:08 PM
One year we took three out of four from the Webber/Divac Kings and then they spanked us in the playoffs in five. The next year they took three out of four, blew us out at home in the first game, and we rallied to take the series. You just never know.

But I'd have to put money on the Lakers if I were in Vegas.
the spurs have sent home teams that were owning them in the regular season. (the time the spurs swept the grizzlies they killed the spurs 3-1 in the reg season. Last year the cavs embarrassed the spurs in the reg season, and we all know how it went in the finals.)

By the way, the lakers have a better chance of beating the mavs than the contrary, I was arguing the point that the mavs would rather face the Hornets. The lakers seem like the better option.

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 02:09 PM
The 1-seed Suns swept the 8-seed Grizzlies w/ Gasol in '04-'05.
:lol I believed two sweeps would make my point and not bring in a third one

JamStone
04-14-2008, 02:27 PM
they were the 6th seed against the 3rd seed spurs.
they were also the 5th seed against the 4th seed mavericks

Spurs were the defending champs in 03-04.

In 05-06, that's when the playoffs were still screwed up where Dallas had the second best record in the conference and 60 wins but were the 4 seed while Denver had the 3rd seed with 44 wins.

The Grizzlies didn't choke in any of their playoff series. They were supposed to get swept in all three series. They were facing much better teams. Choking implies the Grizzlies should have won any of those games. They shouldn't have. And, they didn't. They got beat down and swept. But, they didn't choke.

Allanon
04-14-2008, 03:09 PM

In 05-06, that's when the playoffs were still screwed up where Dallas had the second best record in the conference and 60 wins but were the 4 seed while Denver had the 3rd seed with 44 wins.

The Grizzlies didn't choke in any of their playoff series. They were supposed to get swept in all three series. They were facing much better teams. Choking implies the Grizzlies should have won any of those games. They shouldn't have. And, they didn't. They got beat down and swept. But, they didn't choke.

You have some good basketball knowledge Jamstone.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2008, 03:36 PM
You have some good basketball knowledge Jamstone.

He's easily one of the best on here :tu

GaryJohnston
04-14-2008, 04:47 PM
I have no problem with people thinking the Mavs have a shot against the Lakers, they definitely do as does nearly every other WC playoff team. But anyone who thinks the Mavs are going to beat the Lakers in 5 games with Dirk not 100%, not having HCA, and with Avery Johnsons at the helm is a complete idiot.

See 2007-2008 Patriots

peskypesky
04-14-2008, 04:51 PM

Shaq got swept in his first trip to the Finals, dumbass. You wanna call him a choker too? And Lebron because of last year? You're a dumb-shit and you don't know what choking means. Losing and choking are two different things.

JamStone
04-14-2008, 04:56 PM
See 2007-2008 Patriots

As in the Laker will get through the Western Conference and then lose in the NBA Finals?

DiRkGOHARD
04-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Mavs let settle win because it was ther last home game ever, its obvious, who lets jones would not be taking last min shots to wint the game. Besides Dirk will wet lakers and shit Phil Jackson.

peskypesky
04-14-2008, 05:05 PM

:toast

Finally, someone who understands what the term means. It means losing a game or series that you clearly SHOULD have won. Like the Yankees losing to the Red Sox, or the Mavs losing to the Heat, and even the Patriots losing to the Giants. Those are chokes.

TheMACHINE
04-14-2008, 05:34 PM
a good example of choking is a #1 seed losing to a #8 seed.

a good example of "wtf your never ever gonna recover from this shit for the rest of your life" choking is a #1 seed getting SWEPT by a #8 seed.

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Shaq got swept in his first trip to the Finals, dumbass. You wanna call him a choker too? And Lebron because of last year? You're a dumb-shit and you don't know what choking means. Losing and choking are two different things.
Shaq and lebron won playoffs games to reach the finals isn't it? How do those two compare with Pau? Thank you
And I believe you must be twelve for resorting to insult to show your toughness or try to prove your point. :lol

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 05:40 PM

If you remember those seasons the grizzlies were rolling, their coach was COY and nobody (except maybe you) thought a 50 wins team was going to be swept. Do you recall how the grizzlies were dominating other good teams in the reg season? Would you say that winning a game was too much to ask?
If you win 50 and 49 games and can't manage to win a game on your home floor it's f'ing chocking

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 05:42 PM
:toast

Finally, someone who understands what the term means. It means losing a game or series that you clearly SHOULD have won. Like the Yankees losing to the Red Sox, or the Mavs losing to the Heat, and even the Patriots losing to the Giants. Those are chokes.
it was never a matter of the grizzlies winning the series, but the least a 50 win team can do is win ONE playoff game in 8 tries.

JamStone
04-14-2008, 06:41 PM
If you remember those seasons the grizzlies were rolling, their coach was COY and nobody (except maybe you) thought a 50 wins team was going to be swept. Do you recall how the grizzlies were dominating other good teams in the reg season? Would you say that winning a game was too much to ask?
If you win 50 and 49 games and can't manage to win a game on your home floor it's f'ing chocking

That 2003-04 playoffs were the first post season games the Memphis Grizzlies (including Vancouver years) had in their franchise history. And, they met up the defending world champions who had won their last 11 games going into the playoffs. And, meanwhile the Grizz came into the post season losing their last four games, all to Western Conference playoff teams (Lakers, Phoenix, Dallas, and Minnesota) and 6 of their last 7 games. They beat some of the good teams early on in the season and won the games they were supposed to later in the season. They were hardly some juggernaut 50 game win team that were unbeatable. And, maybe people didn't expect they'd get swept. But, no one was surprised when they were.

peskypesky
04-14-2008, 06:47 PM

A. It's still not choking if you're losing to a better team.
B. Even if the team (Gizzlies) lost, why hang it all on Gasol? Was he playing alone? Did he perform horribly compared to the rest of his team?
C. If Shaq and Lebron didn't win home games in those series I mentioned, you would have to call them chokers according to your definition.

DazedAndConfused
04-14-2008, 06:54 PM
"san antonio spurs" is just a hater. and he's a canadian. what a terrible combination.

Purple & Gold
04-14-2008, 08:07 PM
I'd like to avoid Dallas if at all possible. Denver/Golden St. 1st round Houston/Jazz 2nd round would be ideal. Let the rest of the teams fight it out. This would also give Bynum time to return if he is coming back.

san antonio spurs
04-14-2008, 08:42 PM
"san antonio spurs" is just a hater. and he's a canadian. what a terrible combination.
being american isn't shit to brag about :lol
And really I'm not hating on Pau because I like his game. I was just pointing out the obvious and lakers fans who were all realistic fans a couple of seasons ago when they were sucking are all now wearing homers glasses and can't take the truth. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.
http://www.hostingpics.net/thumbs/257199img_fewgoodmen.jpg ('http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=257199img_fewgoodmen.jpg')