PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Jason Kidd you jackass

Amarelooms
04-13-2008, 11:19 PM
WTF are you doing?

How many times has this clown put up the following line:

2-7 4pt 7rb and 7 assists

YOU SUCK...how can you be so piss poor. How about you act like an NBA player and actually score double digits. I blame all these close losses on him. Plain and simple a NBA point guard has to be able to score. A true guard knows when he needs to shoot and take over. This idiot is either not capable or just too damn stupid to realize that his lack of aggressiveness is killing the team. Mavs gonna get swept at this rate.

Let Barea play...at least he can make layups and shoot.

Ok i feel better...had to get this off my chest :elephant

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Amarelooms

:tu

ElNono
04-13-2008, 11:22 PM
WTF are you doing?

YOU SUCK...how can you be so piss poor. How about you act like an NBA player and actually score double digits. I blame all these close losses on him. Plain and simple a NBA point guard has to be able to score. A true guard knows when he needs to shoot and take over. This idiot is either not capable or just too damn stupid to realize that his lack of aggressiveness is killing the team. Mavs gonna get swept at this rate.

But he can defend, plus he makes 'everybody' better... Whoever 'everybody' is...

The Nba Is Rigged
04-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Yea, I'm getting pretty tired of defending this dude, he needs to learn how to fuckin shoot and if he can't shoot then at least post up the smaller guards and get layups.

Indazone
04-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Told ya Kidd and Alston were the same.

SAtown
04-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Amarelooms

:tu

+1. I can't believe it actually has a brain. :tu

mavsfan1000
04-14-2008, 12:35 AM
Agree totally. Good thread. :tu

mystargtr34
04-14-2008, 05:04 AM
Why is ur name Amare Looms? Bein a Dallas fan and all... ?

My guess is your just making fun of all the Suns fans saying this then gettin drilled by SA?

Heath Ledger
04-14-2008, 05:09 AM
Its called Kidd is over the fucking hill... game over. he's just collecting paychecks from here on out. His ship has sailed.

dg7md
04-14-2008, 05:34 AM
But this is a "good trade" for the Mavs. :rolleyes

Shank
04-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Told ya Kidd and Alston were the same.

You're the only person in the world that thinks that. Don't bring it up to us. Tell it to someone like Marc Stein or Charlie Rosen and watch them laugh your dumbass into hiding.

monosylab1k
04-14-2008, 08:24 AM
The only thing about Kidd that really pisses me off is that he has NO FUCKING CLUE WHERE THE GODDAMN THREE POINT LINE IS so he ends up making a shitload of long 2's.

Dex
04-14-2008, 09:37 AM
B-b-but it's Jason Kidd.

mavsfan1000
04-14-2008, 09:47 AM
It's time to admit it. Jason Kidd fucking sucks these days. Big name with no game.

dude1394
04-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Mavs defense with jason kidd.

Much has been talked about the mavs' defensive issues without devin/diop in lieu of kidd/allen. I think KG has highlighted numbers to show that this isn't really true. This post at mavs moneyball is very illuminating and heartening. Even with ko'ach pulling the strings.

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/story/2008/4/13/212245/788

Heading Into The Post-Season: Defense
By Jake
Posted on Sun Apr 13, 2008 at 09:22:45 PM EDT

With a playoff spot guaranteed, and the season over in a number of days, now is the time to start assessing the Mavs as a playoff team. This is the first in a series of articles heading into round one, where I'll look at the Mavs various strengths and weaknesses. I'll start with a broad view and then focus on individual players and elements of the team. Today I look at overall defense.

While some online press have recently outlined that the Mavs have abandoned defense as a core value, my perception has been quite a bit different. Certainly, I felt the Mavs began the year with lackluster defensive effort (and I wrote about that in my review of the first half of the season). My conclusion then was simple: The Mavs just weren't making an effort on the defensive end. But as the season has gone along, I've seen the defensive intensity ratcheted up, especialy since Jason Kidd has joined the team.

As how a team is performing directly heading into the playoffs is of critical importance (witness Golden State last year), I decided to see how the Mavericks overall defensive efficiency (points given up per 100 possessions) has trended from game one to last night. If the team started with a mediocre defense but has ended the season with some dominant performances, then that is excellent news come playoff time.

To get a picture of how the team has trended while also removing the game-to-game fluctuations ("noise"), I averaged the season defense in ten game increments. The only exception was that I wanted to get a view of Kidd's impact, so I used his arrival as a cutoff point. Here are the results. Note that lower is better, because it means you're giving up fewer points:

http://www.mavelo.us/images/defense.jpg
One of the first things I noticed was the large spike of very poor defense heading into around game 20. If you remember back a few posts, I noted that it appeared that coach Avery Johnson pulled back the tempo of the Mavs offense, taking the keys away from Devin Harris. It's not unreasonable, looking at this data, to conclude that Johnson saw serious erosion on the defensive side due to Harris' lack of control of the offense, and thus pulled things back significantly. In terms of defense, it clearly worked. The Mavs defense improved significantly as the Mavs offense dramatically slowed its pace.

After around game 40, the Mavs defense started to degrade again. And then an amazing thing happened--the Mavs traded their "all defense" point guard (at least according to John Hollinger) Devin Harris for an aging point guard whose best defensive days were presumably behind him, Jason Kidd. The impact can clearly be seen in the graph. Shortly after Kidd arrived, the Mavs defense got all medieval. In fact, over the past 12 games, the Mavs defensive efficiency is 102.9, which would put the team at fourth in the league, closely behind San Antonio.

As far as looking to the playoffs, you couldn't ask for a better view of the Mavs defense than what we see here. We trade for a new point guard, and he has practically an immediate impact on the defense, and the trend since his arrival is from good range to the dominant range. In fact, the Mavs performance has actually been even better than these stats show, as one of the nuances here is that in this trend toward defensive dominance, the Mavs played some of the best offensive teams in the league, including the top FIVE offenses in the league--Utah, Phoenix, LA Lakers, Golden State, and New Orleans. Quite simply, the Mavs are heading into the playoffs playing playoff defense.

stretch
04-14-2008, 10:14 AM
It's time to admit it. Jason Kidd fucking sucks these days. Big name with no game.
It's time to admit it. You're a fucking retard these days. Big idiot with no knowledge.

Findog
04-14-2008, 10:15 AM

Hi Bulls fan!

mavsfan1000
04-14-2008, 10:16 AM
WTF are you doing?

You forgot to add his 4 turnovers and stagnant halfcourt offense.

Findog
04-14-2008, 10:17 AM
You forgot to add his 4 turnovers and stagnant halfcourt offense.

You're more than welcome to hop off the Mavs' bandwagon since they're not the best team in the League and hop aboard the Purple and Gold Express. The Celtics are looking pretty good in the East.

pussyface
04-14-2008, 10:18 AM
...it has been really dissapointing to find out that jason kidd is more done than fat shaq o-neil, but I am afraid it is true

DaDakota
04-14-2008, 12:00 PM
I still can't believe the Mavs traded away Harris for Kidd....anyone who has been watching the Nets could see that he was basically done as an elite player.

DD

Findog
04-14-2008, 12:06 PM
I still can't believe the Mavs traded away Harris for Kidd....anyone who has been watching the Nets could see that he was basically done as an elite player.

DD

Right, which is why the Nets went from in the playoffs to out of it with Harris, while Kidd along with Kobe were the two best players on Team USA last summer.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=381

We've seen weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth from Dallas fans over some of the numbers Devin Harris has amassed since he was swapped for Jason Kidd. But is Devin really propelling the Nets to new heights? Once we get past game highlights and slick stats and see the bigger-picture items, the facts seem to say "No."

With Kidd as their starting PG, this season's Nets were a solid lower-half playoff team hovering around the .500 mark with the easiest part of their schedule still remaining to be played. Since the late-February trade, entering this weekend’s play they'd gone 8-19 (.296). And with Harris in the lineup they'd only won a single road game – that against the pathetic New York Knicks. The playoffs aren't even a discussion item in NJ now. (The last time the Nets missed the playoffs? The 2000-01 season, after which they went out and traded for. … Jason Kidd.)

In addition, when we look at Harris' overall individual performance in NJ rather than the single nice game here or there, his stats don't impress nearly as much. His PER (which measures a player's overall offensive contribution and was touted by Hollinger and others to tell us he might be BETTER than Kidd when traded) has actually gone DOWN since the trade and is at 16.74, which is only moderately above the league average of 15. (Meanwhile, Kidd's is performing at an 18.33 PER level in Dallas.)

We still think Harris may end up being a very productive scoring guard with a long NBA career. And in his defense, we have to take into consideration the difficulty of changing point guards midseason as a partial factor in NJ's plunge in the standings.

Meanwhile, we’d like to tip our caps to Kidd for better surviving the same sort of adjustment. We must mention that the Mavs were winning at a .660 clip before the trade. And then came Kidd, being asked to go through a “re-wiring,’’ as the schedule required Dallas to play against a series of Western powers (as opposed to the Nets’ cushier East schedule).

The re-wiring should be complete now. Shouldn’t it? The losses in the Great Northwest frankly raise some doubts. But we've been saying that if you are a team wanting a title, the player you wanted from this trade was Jason Kidd, not Devin Harris. Some of Devin’s numbers may be starting to tell you the same thing. We look forward to Kidd’s playoff numbers speaking volumes as well.

Shank
04-14-2008, 12:10 PM

DD

What were Kobe, Lebron and Dirk thinking by wanting to play with Kidd? They could have simply watched the Nets play and taken the word of "DaDakota" and that fuckstick "Mavsfan1000" and have known better. It's a damn shame that you two know more than an actual NBA player. Amazing.

Findog
04-14-2008, 12:12 PM
What were Kobe, Lebron and Dirk thinking by wanting to play with Kidd? They could have simply watched the Nets play and taken the word of "DaDakota" and that fuckstick "Mavsfan1000" and have known better. It's a damn shame that you two know more than an actual NBA player. Amazing.

I'm not a big fan of Kidd's character, but just compare his play with Team USA and his sulking like a bitch in New Jersey. Thanks!

mavsfan1000
04-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Doesn't matter what Kobe, Lebron, and Dirk wanted. This team sucks with Kidd. He is the reason this team is failing or hasn't done anything to make them better from Terry running point guard. I got an idea that we should start Terry and George and have Kidd sulk on the bench for his horrible play. Maybe that will be a wakeup call he needs.

DaDakota
04-14-2008, 12:43 PM

LOL - ask Kobe that same question now.

And NBA players are not always good at building team's.....

As for Team USA, of course it makes sense, he has 4 guys to pass to that can finish.....in that situation he works well, but on a regular NBA team....who doesn't have elite talent surrounding him at every position, he is a liability.

DD

mavsfan1000
04-14-2008, 12:45 PM
LOL - ask Kobe that same question now.

And NBA players are not always good at building team's.....

DD
Yeah time for the Olympics to find a new starting point guard. I guess Billups will be the replacement now that Kidd is done.

DaDakota
04-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah time for the Olympics to find a new starting point guard. I guess Billups will be the replacement now that Kidd is done.

Again, he fits in with elite player, because they take advantage of his strengths and mask his weaknesses....

But no current NBA team fits that mold....

DD

peskypesky
04-14-2008, 01:05 PM
...it has been really dissapointing to find out that jason kidd is more done than fat shaq o-neil, but I am afraid it is true

Kidd's numbers are down a bit since he moved to the West, but what did you expect? He went from the Least to the Best, and now his scoring and assists are down.

But it's not like he's all that different than he was on the Nets. It's not like he moved to the Mavs and started sucking. He's not a scorer. Never has been. You people need to wake up and realize he was acquired for his passing. Don't all of a sudden expect him to be Ray Allen, or even Devin Harris.

I thought it was a bad trade, personally, but it's not Kidd's fault. He is what he is. Blame the person that made the trade.

mavsfan1000
04-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Kidd's numbers are down a bit since he moved to the West, but what did you expect? He went from the Least to the Best, and now his scoring and assists are down.

But it's not like he's all that different than he was on the Nets. It's not like he moved to the Mavs and started sucking. He's not a scorer. Never has been. You people need to wake up and realize he was acquired for his passing. Don't all of a sudden expect him to be Ray Allen, or even Devin Harris.

I thought it was a bad trade, personally, but it's not Kidd's fault. He is what he is. Blame the person that made the trade.
Yep the Front Office of Dallas are idiots. Walker, Jamison, and now over the hill Kidd. The FO doesn't know what our team needs.

Findog
04-14-2008, 01:10 PM
He (Kidd) is the reason this team is failing

This says it all. It's not Avery/Jet/Josh/Stack, it's all on Kidd.

peskypesky
04-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Yep the Front Office of Dallas are idiots. Walker, Jamison, and now over the hill Kidd. The FO doesn't know what our team needs.

Tim Duncan?

monosylab1k
04-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi Bulls fan.