PDA

View Full Version : Artie Lange attacks assistant on Howard Stern, resigns on air

pussyface
04-14-2008, 08:44 AM
did any of you satellite radio types hear this?
i saw where it has made the rounds as a story in the gossip rags like tmz and what have not.

I will miss listending to Mr. Lange and such tales as the pig/cocaine story and Bill Maher impression.

...he was one funny, self-destructive drug addicted raconteur during his tenure on the howard stern show.

Thunder Dan
04-14-2008, 08:56 AM
I was so shocked by that whole thing. I think he will be back though

pussyface
04-14-2008, 08:58 AM
I was so shocked by that whole thing. I think he will be back though

I am hoping so also. ...the only way I could handle him leaving is if he is replaced by dave attel

Thunder Dan
04-14-2008, 09:06 AM
I am hoping so also. ...the only way I could handle him leaving is if he is replaced by dave attel

yeah but Attel isn't Artie. Artie is so funny and has become so much a part of the show. I remember this line, and is probably my favorite Artie line ever

Robin: A white bengal tiger got loose in Harlem this weekend. The tiger roamed the streets of Harlem for about an hour before being captured by...

Artie: man, thats a rough neighborhood for a white tiger to be walking around in

I also laughed pretty hard when he was describing one of the guys at his comedy show in LA last week: "The guy looked like he had a flat tire on his way back from Woodstock and just got back walking the rest of the way from California"

but this cheered me up that this guy is still on the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP0xRo_PtAk

midgetonadonkey
04-14-2008, 09:18 AM
I think it was all bullshit. The last time a blowup like this happened was when Artie and Howard went at it and it also happened right before a vacation. The thing that surprised me most is that they never replayed the show. Not even that same day.

I missed it when it happened and waited for the replays but nothing came up. Good thing someone posted it on youtube.

For those that missed it.
nIuIPUF7FBM
KPUAeUyJa48
-x10PgEpWig

midgetonadonkey
04-14-2008, 09:18 AM
He will come back though. If he leaves the show all of his stand up gigs will dry up and he will become just another hack stand up comic. He needs the show.

pussyface
04-14-2008, 09:42 AM
I think it was all bullshit.

...yr bullshit detector is massively out-of-tune and doesn't allow for the possibilty of something real happening.
family man bababooey even swore on the life of his children to this on the wrap up show. ...some people just don't believe anything is real and I guess you are in this camp.

when you listen to the replay or hear how shook howard stern was afterwards or consider that jason reitman or whatever his name is would have to have been in on it, you may come to realize that, as artie would say in his bill maher impression, "now we have the DUMB opinion" in regards to your post.

the previous fight where artie quit, for what its worth, was also real. just because they happened before weeks off proves nothing (they take breaks all the time so its not that unlikely of a coincidence)

pussyface
04-14-2008, 09:43 AM
He will come back though. If he leaves the show all of his stand up gigs will dry up and he will become just another hack stand up comic. He needs the show.

...this would be a valid point if he was not a text book case of a self-destructive type of personality (or let me guess, he is really a well-adjusted professional and the whole massive over-eatng obese heroin addict thing is made up for the air, too?)

The sone
04-14-2008, 11:18 AM
video?

midgetonadonkey
04-14-2008, 11:38 AM
...yr bullshit detector is massively out-of-tune and doesn't allow for the possibilty of something real happening.
family man bababooey even swore on the life of his children to this on the wrap up show. ...some people just don't believe anything is real and I guess you are in this camp.

when you listen to the replay or hear how shook howard stern was afterwards or consider that jason reitman or whatever his name is would have to have been in on it, you may come to realize that, as artie would say in his bill maher impression, "now we have the DUMB opinion" in regards to your post.

the previous fight where artie quit, for what its worth, was also real. just because they happened before weeks off proves nothing (they take breaks all the time so its not that unlikely of a coincidence)

I am in the camp that believe nothing. And swearing on the life of children means nothing if he wasn't in on it. I still say it was bullshit just to get people talking about the show and to try and get more people subscribed. It's an entertainment show after all. It's not out of the realm of possibility that it could all be made up.

Evan
04-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Artie is not that good of an actor. Its legit...the dude is an absolute mess.

But I think he will be back.

midgetonadonkey
04-21-2008, 10:11 AM
He is back and Howard said at the start of the show, "We left you with a bit of a cliffhanger." Which implies to me that it was all bullshit.

mrsmaalox
04-21-2008, 10:31 AM
:tu You were right from the beginning on that one Rev. How many times has Bababooey left and come back? Oh and that Jackie the Jokeman? That show stopped being unpredictable a LONG time ago!

Isitjustme?
07-06-2011, 11:05 PM
omg Artie is hosting a live GD show with DiPaolo...NOW. they are fillling in for Tony Bruno on Into the Night.

I just listened for an hour and the weirdest thing happened. I laughed. I didnt know what that was like when listening to a radio show....at least since December 2009. And it kept happening. Weird.

Isitjustme?
07-06-2011, 11:20 PM
http://www.foxsports1360.com/mediaplayer/