PDA

View Full Version : Setting Sun?

Rummpd
01-17-2005, 05:10 PM
With or without Nash to lose 4 in a row is telling and right now (late 3rd) Pistons up 18.

Spurs simply cannot lose to Washington today = need to come into Friday with chance to grab top record due to tiebreaker (although, Sonics might well be in that mix as well by end of week).

MadDoc

Rummpd
01-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Update 78 to 56!

spur219
01-17-2005, 05:17 PM
I don't know I do see the Spurs losing today again.

ZStomp
01-17-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't know I do see the Spurs losing today again.

Interesting.

I don't.

I don't see the Spurs losing again after a frustrating loss to HOU. Not against the Wizards AT the SBC Center.

Rummpd
01-17-2005, 05:36 PM
So far after 1 all Spurs although could have been more than 15.

MadDoc

Useruser666
01-17-2005, 05:58 PM
The Suns only had 11 assists. Nash makes all the difference to them.

Matrix
01-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Yes the sun is setting, but it will rise again,,,

Dex
01-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Thank God. Maybe now everybody will stop raving about the freaking Suns.

If a 4-game losing streak doesn't end all this talk about Phoenix having a 70 win season, nothing will.

Useruser666
01-17-2005, 06:07 PM

If a 4-game losing streak doesn't end all this talk about Phoenix having a 70 win season, nothing will.

Since the start of this season.

ShoogarBear
01-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Spurs may be inconsistant at times, but at least we haven't dropped 4 straight games since the start of the Duncan era.

BZZZZZT!! Wrong.

I almost fell for this trap earlier this year.

Spurs have had at least two four games losing streaks with Duncan.

Hint: think pain. Excrutiating pain.

Frenchise player
01-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Prince 26 points
Marion 11
I always thought Tayshon as a better player than shawn who is an overated player.
With Nash Phoenix wouldn't have won I think, too much difference and Stoudemire has been stoped by the Wallaces (16 points 5-18).
Maybee it is a crossroads?
Detroit is making a rush and they will pretty soon be considered again as the main danger for the Spurs in the Playoff.

boutons
01-17-2005, 06:10 PM
The Suns are far from dun.

But we defended them well, DET defended them well, and they struggle badly (damn, sounds like the Spurs@Rockets both games).

Like every other powerful offensive team in NBA, the Suns don't play D.

Brodels
01-17-2005, 06:11 PM

They probably won't win 70, but they a force to be reckoned with when Nash is healthy. Don't estimate what they can do. They are athletic, quick, and they can drive and finish. Stoudamire is as good of an inside presence as anyone.

We can't tell where they stand just yet, but they do have the pieces to possibly beat the Spurs in the playoffs if things go their way.

Dex
01-17-2005, 06:28 PM
BZZZZZT!! Wrong.

I almost fell for this trap earlier this year.

Spurs have had at least two four games losing streaks with Duncan.

Hint: think pain. Excrutiating pain.

As soon as I posted it, I remembered. Thus my quick edit. :oops

Damned Lakers.

Matrix
01-17-2005, 06:39 PM
Amare looks lost out there without nash. He still has a lot of learning to do if he ever wants to be considered in the likes of KG or TD, ALOT :depressed

1Parker1
01-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Ok, I hate to start an argument, but it must be said. Don't you think the Suns recent losing streak is evidence of how valuable Nash is to that team. Despite having one of NBA's best starting five, without Nash, the team is struggling. I think Nash totally deserves to be MVP. As of right now, I cannot think of any other player who is as valuable to his team and is as much a difference maker as Nash.

People can argue that he doesn't deserve it since he doesn't play any Defense, however, the fact remains, if you put Nash on ANY team in the NBA, he has the talent and skills to turn that team around and make it a championship contender. That sounds like an MVP candidate to me.

T Park
01-17-2005, 09:24 PM
The Nash excuse is fine and all.

But what is there excuse gonna be, when there bench is only gettin 8 points a game, and there starters are totally worn out.

What then?

Brodels
01-17-2005, 09:47 PM
The Nash excuse is fine and all.

But what is there excuse gonna be, when there bench is only gettin 8 points a game, and there starters are totally worn out.

What then?

I don't think that's as much of a problem as people make it out to be. They don't have a single player in the top fifteen in minutes per game, and only two in the top twenty. Nash is averaging 33.9 minutes per game. I know he plays a very active game, but there are at least eight other NBA point guards averaging more minutes. Kurt Thomas and Bobby Simmons and PJ Brown all average more minutes than Nash.

The bench is certainly a weakness, but they are averaging about a quarter of the team's points. It will cause them some trouble when injuries set in like they do for all teams, but a healthy Suns team in the playoffs is scary.

Brodels
01-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Ok, I hate to start an argument, but it must be said. Don't you think the Suns recent losing streak is evidence of how valuable Nash is to that team. Despite having one of NBA's best starting five, without Nash, the team is struggling. I think Nash totally deserves to be MVP. As of right now, I cannot think of any other player who is as valuable to his team and is as much a difference maker as Nash.

I think he's been huge, too. He's been the difference on that team. He makes that team go. I think he deserves to be considered for the award, but I'm not so sure that he should win. He's very important to the team, but he's probably not even the best player on his own team.

I think Lebron is as valuable to his team as Nash is. At least Phoenix still has some serious talent when Nash sits. Cleveland's second-best player is Drew Gooden. Cleveland would be terrible without Lebron.

We'll see how the Lakers do without Kobe. They might be fine, but maybe not.

And then there is Shaq.

People can argue that he doesn't deserve it since he doesn't play any Defense, however, the fact remains, if you put Nash on ANY team in the NBA, he has the talent and skills to turn that team around and make it a championship contender. That sounds like an MVP candidate to me.

False. As good as Nash is, he's not going to make the Charlotte Bobcats or Golden State Warriors into championship contenders. He's perhaps the best support player in the league, but he isn't a franchise player. Not by any stretch. You don't build your team around Steve Nash.

ALVAREZ6
01-17-2005, 09:52 PM
. As of right now, I cannot think of any other player who is as valuable to his team and is as much a difference maker as Nash.

Allen Iverson.

T Park
01-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Kurt Thomas and Bobby Simmons and PJ Brown\

Two of the three wont be in the playoffs, whats your point about them again??

Steve Nash is not a youngin, 34 minutes a night, every night, as an AVERAGE, down the stretch theyll play him even more.

So yes he will be effected by this in the playoffs.

BTW, 1Parker1

I wouldn't trade Parker for Steve nash right now.

Hes almost a better player right now than Nash has ever been.

xcoriate
01-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Prince 26 points
Marion 11
I always thought Tayshon as a better player than shawn who is an overated player.
With Nash Phoenix wouldn't have won I think, too much difference and Stoudemire has been stoped by the Wallaces (16 points 5-18).
Maybee it is a crossroads?
Detroit is making a rush and they will pretty soon be considered again as the main danger for the Spurs in the Playoff.

I don't think Marion was playing on Tay, Marion started at PF, correct me if I'm wrong here. Finally Marion is not over rated, he's a ginobili style player, unorthodox, but effective. Gutsy and Scrappy.

Once again Amare has proven he's just an athletic freak with no real intelligence for the game who without a star pure point in Nash is lost and unknowing. Nash is the Phoenix ball club atm, without Nash they are sunk.

1Parker1
01-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Allen Iverson.

HAHA...you know what's funny? Even though I live in Philly, I totally forgot about him! Now that I am thinking about it, I could see AI making a run as an MVP candidate. I doubt he'll get it, seeing how the Sixers have a losing record and play in the weakest division in the NBA.

Lebron James.

I'm with Ducks, I just don't like him (it's a long story why), which is why I didn't consider him as an MVP candidate (I know, biased opinion etc.)

pjjrfan
01-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Nash does make a big difference, he is the engine that drives the machine that is the Suns. Without him they lose their floor leader, creator, distributor, the difference maker. With him they have a chance to beat anyone without him they are hard pressed to stay in the game and revert back to the dismal team of a year ago.

It's true though that by the end of the season Nash may be running on half a tank, and the Suns have no depth to speak off, but right now, without Nash they are hurting.

Frenchise player
01-18-2005, 04:34 AM
I don't think Marion was playing on Tay, Marion started at PF, correct me if I'm wrong here. Finally Marion is not over rated, he's a ginobili style player, unorthodox, but effective. Gutsy and Scrappy.

Once again Amare has proven he's just an athletic freak with no real intelligence for the game who without a star pure point in Nash is lost and unknowing. Nash is the Phoenix ball club atm, without Nash they are sunk.
Well I suppose you are right about Shawn not defending on Tay, but they are both SF and I think D'Antoni must have used Shawn on Tay when he saw him scoring so many points in Q face.
It's funny that you compare Manu with Shawn because I think it's the opposite type of player. Manu is a flashy, intelligent player, who can lead any team to victory. He is a creator and his stats don't show how good he is.
Marion is an athlete who has incredible stats like 20 points and 10 rebounds every year but never made his team win, but his stats led him to many ASG and he has been recognized by some NBA fans as the best SF in the league. That's why, in my opinion, he is over rated.

SirChaz
01-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Amare looks lost out there without nash. He still has a lot of learning to do if he ever wants to be considered in the likes of KG or TD, ALOT :depressed

Amare is a 22 year old 3rd year player! I think he looks pretty amazing for his experience level. KG is in his 10th year in the league? TD has 8, with 4 years at Wake? Your upset or :depressed that Amare is not at these guys level yet? The Suns and Amare are up and coming, TD and the Spurs are been there done that.

The whole team looks lost without Nash right now. Amare and JJ are the only two guys that can create shot for themselves consistantly besides Nash. And there is nobody to push the ball like Nash can. Without the respect that Nash's shot demands it makes the rest of the Suns much easier to guard.

While the Suns were getting all the breaks and bounces to go their way for a while, the last 4 games it has been to opposite, even when Nash was playing.